"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone raced tokyo express today? Got a qualifying time off 1.59.2... but it seems that there are many SR:S drivers without breaks on the track... starting from pole, first corner mass crash and flying cars, hit multiple times. Started from place 16 and do my way to 5th place. Why drive the people not serious there? Makes no fun. I try one again now...

done another race, but i think i didn't drive tokyo sport anymore... got from place 2 to place 1, first corner i heard many crashes behind me. and the leaderbords say enough: 4 x blue SR, 4x white SR and 8 x red SR... this has nothing to do with fair racing, this is race wars as it's best... :(

The Gr4 pit stop race is fun. Took the Mercedes for a spin (so many cars I haven't used yet) and decided to pit at the midpoint. Others tried to keep going but started to fall off the road on lap 7. Felt sorry for them as I swooped by...

done another race, but i think i didn't drive tokyo sport anymore... got from place 2 to place 1, first corner i heard many crashes behind me. and the leaderbords say enough: 4 x blue SR, 4x white SR and 8 x red SR... this has nothing to do with fair racing, this is race wars as it's best... :(

The question is, why do you even choose to race this mess!? :odd:

Aren't half of the people riding the walls on Tokyo Expressway?

No, they crash only on the walls :(

The question is, why do you even choose to race this mess!? :odd:

bruh, i dont know... :D I'm on DR:B and SR:S, and maybe i can drive this track very well... aaaand i hope to come into a race where drivers race respectful against others...

Look, i wanna drive races, with guys that wanna race too, in a cool smooth way without crashes and with many thrill, and close finishes. This cant be done in the lobbies, and as i can see, not in sportsmode. So, what should i drive then? if i want to do rage race wars, i can boot up gta... :D

bruh, i dont know... :D I'm on DR:B and SR:S, and maybe i can drive this track very well... aaaand i hope to come into a race where drivers race respectful against others...

Look, i wanna drive races, with guys that wanna race too, in a cool smooth way without crashes and with many thrill, and close finishes. This cant be done in the lobbies, and as i can see, not in sportsmode. So, what should i drive then? if i want to do rage race wars, i can boot up gta... :D

I'm at DR B and SR S too and I had tons of great races. I just dont pick the horrible tracks like Tokyo :P
I bet the Gr.4 race today is a lot of fun though!

Won 4 races in a row today on Dragon's Trail in the Golf.

Last race was very close as the 2nd place was always 0.2-2.0 seconds behind me. Alot of fun and loads of concentration needed. :D:tup:

Best to make your own online rooms or custom races and avoid the horrible mess of Sport mode. Ultimately, what does sport mode offer against online? A couple of letters - so what! Gives you no advantages or privelages in the game so honestly, if you want to avoid the mess that is an almost dead certainty then just avoid Sport mode!

Another good day yesterday for me. Two wins, two second place finishes and two third place finishes at Big Willow in the Golf. Couple of poles and a handful of fastest laps too. This has been my best week on the game I think.

I wish the game kept track of your 2nd and 3rd placed finishes though.

Looking forward to the Gr4s at Maggiore tonight.

Best to make your own online rooms or custom races and avoid the horrible mess of Sport mode. Ultimately, what does sport mode offer against online? A couple of letters - so what! Gives you no advantages or privelages in the game so honestly, if you want to avoid the mess that is an almost dead certainty then just avoid Sport mode!

I've done some lobbys with SR:B DR:C to filter out the crap... but no one joins this, sometimes mybe one or two... and without that settings the lobby get full of dirty drivers :(

As i can see, many drivers from canada where really good and drive respectful, from GB too, but the most european players.... :(

Ultimately, what does sport mode offer against online?

- Matchmaking
- full roster (15-20 people)
- randomness
- challenge

I only use lobbies to relax and test other things. If I really want to race, I mostly choose sport mode.

Tyre wear and fuel depletion is great it separates the skillful from the idiots you have to be mindful of when to pit and to risk a slow(er) lap on skiddy tyres to pull places (if you are at the back) if you are racing at the front its moot. Try it you might enjoy it...simply avoiding it - its like never eating food because you didn't like it when you were a child ...nonsense :cheers:

Alright for some ha ha still waiting for the first he he
:crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_20180118_132221.jpg

My beloved track is in the Daily Races today! :embarrassed:

Had a lot of fun yesterday at Suzuka!
First race qualified 2nd, pit on the 5th lap but miss calculated the fuel and only filled for 4 more laps... had to pit again on the last lap but managed to finish 3rd.
On the other race managed to get my 60th victory.

Today on Lago I decided to try the 458 Italia for the first time. Managed a decent qualify time.
First two races got second place on the grid but was knocked out on both races by some guy behind and got to the last places, was trying to go up places, really having fun with the car but on the first race I was just unlucky and some lower ranking guys were more focused on taking me out than racing. Second race the server went down on the 6th lap!

Third race I qualified 2nd again, was the only Ferrari among all the M4s and managed to get to first on the last lap but only because the guy in front didn’t pit and didn’t manage his fuel.

I’m not even going to try the B race today... Lago is a lot of fun and I’m really liking the Ferrari.

Just wondering, what other car than the M4/TT/Megane/Scirocco would be competitive today?
I love the Viper, SLS, 458 and McLaren, but fear the long straits at Lago Maggiore :scared:

Also, (edit: yet again) nice Job zzz_pt :)👍

I wish the daily races started at a different time, seems early in the morning. By the time I get in from work everybody has smashed the car+track combo.

I wish the daily races started at a different time, seems early in the morning. By the time I get in from work everybody has smashed the car+track combo.

Do like me. Focus on certain cars and tracks that you like and practice offline. When they're on the daily races, you jump in already confident. There are not that many tracks to learn. Unless you like to drive all dailies everyday, ofc. I don't do that. :)

Just ran race B and I can confirm that nobody is wall riding. Two reasons:

The top times are easily achieveable without wall riding, I ran a 56.9 in the qualifying time trial but have a couple tenths left to find.

Only major place you can wall ride is the last corner(s) but you get a 5 second penalty along the straight so its not worth it.

Just ran race B and I can confirm that nobody is wall riding. Two reasons:

The top times are easily achieveable without wall riding, I ran a 56.9 in the qualifying time trial but have a couple tenths left to find.

Only major place you can wall ride is the last corner(s) but you get a 5 second penalty along the straight so its not worth it.

Yeah sorry, I confused it with the central loop, the Gr. 3 race is on the much longer east loop with the long straights. On the central loop people are wall riding like crazy, especially in qualifying, although in the race usually the regular racers are ahead. I guess it is hard to always get rid of the penalty, plus you have the added disadvantage of not only getting rid of the penalty before you cross the finish line, but you also lose tons of time on the next lap on the straight right after the finish line.
Still I think PD should do something about it, it is kinda ridiculous if 7-8 out of the top 10 quali times are from wall riders. A larger penalty for touching the wall for an extended time should help....

Well, just great. Was in my first race today, with a 2sec gap to the top2 and top3 at the 4th lap and my connection went down for some reason. ffs.

2006 points down the drain. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Just wondering, what other car than the M4/TT/Megane/Scirocco would be competitive today?
I love the Viper, SLS, 458 and McLaren, but fear the long straits at Lago Maggiore :scared:

Also, (edit: yet again) nice Job zzz_pt :)👍

Can someone explain to me in a few sentences what cars are good where exactly, especially for Gr. 4?
The Atenza seems to be very good in Interlagos, and I like it, because it is easier to drive. I am still not good enough for the RWD cars without assistance at the curve exit, either I open the throttle too late and lose time or I am in extreme danger of losing traction, I still got to master that, even if the M4 is not that bad for that (and I had quite ...intensive... training with the 911 GT3 RS on Dragon Trail Race B two days ago...).

So the Atenza is fast in Interlagos, but you don't even mention it for Lago Maggiore,so I guess it sucks badly there - while I see all the top times are with the M4. And then looking at the BoP table the Atenza beats the M4 or is equal everywhere (max speed, acceleration, braking, cornering, stability).
So why is the Atenza much slower than the M4 in Lago Maggiore, what do I have to look at here? Where do the 4WD cars lose compared to RWD?

Is anyone setting disconnected from daily races? Just got the same BS error 2 times in a row despite being online.

around 2000 DR points each time. FFS. I only come to Sport Mode once in a while and today I was looking forward for some races around Lake M. but I'm getting pissed as hell. And I have the top1 time in Europe and wanted to get a few wins today.

What a bunch of crap...

Not even by being in first place the game let's you go unpunished. Who in their right mind, starting on pole and going in first place would quit a race on purpose?

Really stupid.

Video is being uploaded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back