"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the pit glitch guy again, in the Gr 4 race. He's managed to get himself up to SS.

Other than that, I've had some good battles this evening.

LOL, reversing into the pit, that also works in Sport mode? haha. That's the way I got to driver level 50 ;-)
But didn't think of trying this in Sport mode...
I like it that the glitch is there in Single player, as the grind to level 50 would be insane otherwise, but in Sport mode this should be patched ASAP.

My last race at Lake Maggiore (10 laps) a few days ago gave me 13 points. ^^ It was at 2h00 am. Only one other S/S, a couple of A/S and then B/S all way down to D/S drivers. lol

It was time to go to sleep.
The first two races at the Nurb were pretty good, disconnected the third and after that most of the competition left. But yes, other then the chance of some cheap wins theres no point really. You basically need to win or you gonna lose a chunk of DR. Did 3 early morning races at Brands the other day, made some mistakes and got 4th, 2nd and 3rd and lost roughly 750 DR.

Here's my best race at Nurb. Turned in to a 8 lap battle.

I'll give today a miss. Had a crack at big willow but no dice. I just don't enjoy the track enough to bother really trying.

I just want Race B to be longer, like 4 or 5 laps. It's always only 3 and that's just not enough to have a real race.

Yep needs a couple/a few more laps, same with all of them really, now that race 3 has tyre wear and fuel usage.

Worst GT:Sport evening thus far, two races of awfulness, mostly entirely from myself...

GR3 race at Suzuka, 10lap race with deg.
First time racing the Audi R8 that I’ve fallen for.
First race, started 5th, few laps in I made a move into t1 that I was pretty happy with. However my tyres where not in a good way, I stretched them out till lap 8 and was miles off the pace, but figured I’d maintain track position if I didn’t change them and held on. This wasn’t the case, I lost track position and spun out several times. Degradation in the Audi was not what I expected.

Second race, while still fuming from my prior performance started out better. I improved my quali time with ease and started 3rd. I managed the pace well and the tyres better however I got shunted from behind at the final chicane from a chap who was over a second behind me. This demoted me to 4th and, when attempting to pass into turn one to regain 3rd the chap in front swerved in the braking zone. Unhappy and faster than the guy in front I managed the tyres and pitted mid way through.
Coming out of the pits I held my position and moved up to 4th due to another’s mistake. This was short lived, I was pushing too hard clipped the grass and spun out.
This resulted in me wacking the controller on the ground, partially breaking it and resulting in me being DSQ’d.

Honestly the most rage I’ve ever had in the game. All down to my own problems and mistakes... thankfully I don’t think I’ve been demoted SR or DR ranks, so I’ll be back out on the track, but time off is needed I think. And more practice with the Audi!!! :lol:

What strategy is everyone using for race c?

Using the RCZ, I've been pitting on lap five and leaving the pits with 5.1 laps of fuel. Seems to work ok, I just need to stop making errors.

What strategy is everyone using for race c?

Using the RCZ, I've been pitting on lap five and leaving the pits with 5.1 laps of fuel. Seems to work ok, I just need to stop making errors.
Yeah, I think this makes the most sense. I came to the same conclusion and watched many others do the same. The tyres can last, but the pace drop-off is quite large, time you could make up if you had the grip of fresh tyres.

I usually think about the ratio between putting time and a regular fast lap.

Interlagos, not worth it.
Suzuka, worth it.

For me...

Depends on the rates applied.

I hadn’t thought to post this here:

@GTFraker brought my attention to this; a few races I had against the (apparently) popular streamer Z28Gaming. I actually had no idea who he was, but I was surprised to see the broadcast had 1500+ views by the time the video was brought to my attention.

I thought it was really interesting to see the races from another perspective and hearing Z28’s thoughts. I love how he went from “what is this guy doing?” in the warm-up, to a more positive opinion of me during the race. :lol:

As for the races from my perspective; the first race was going great. I felt very comfortable with the car and coming off of a win in the previous race (not in video), along with having just made it to DR: S, I was feeling quite confident.

Unfortunately, on lap 2 I braked for Turn 3 a little earlier than normal and accidentally ended up cutting the corner too much which resulted in a penalty. So throughout the race I was trying to whittle that down, mainly through the first sector, which cost me a fair chunk of time. Two turns after I had finally got rid of the penalty, my T300RS spazzed out on me and decided to bring up the pause menu two consecutive times which handed Z28 the win.

The second race wasn’t quite as good for me. I felt strong while following Z28, but once I got ahead of him I just felt like I had no grip. I was struggling to hit the apexes along with carrying little speed into the corners.

I held onto the lead for a while, despite my lack of speed but that came to an end when my early braking (worn out tyres, plus I feel like the Viper isn’t that great under brakes compared to some of the other more capable Grp.4 cars) caught Z28 out on the penultimate lap causing him to punt me off at the NGK Chicane. That incident let the distant third place driver take the lead as Z28 slowed down to let me back through so neither of us were able to take the win. I wasn’t too fussed about what happened though, up until that point we had a great couple of races, lots of fun was had and that’s what’s most important.

I hadn’t thought to post this here:

@GTFraker brought my attention to this; a few races I had against the (apparently) popular streamer Z28Gaming. I actually had no idea who he was, but I was surprised to see the broadcast had 1500+ views by the time the video was brought to my attention.

I thought it was really interesting to see the races from another perspective and hearing Z28’s thoughts. I love how he went from “what is this guy doing?” in the warm-up, to a more positive opinion of me during the race. :lol:

As for the races from my perspective; the first race was going great. I felt very comfortable with the car and coming off of a win in the previous race (not in video), along with having just made it to DR: S, I was feeling quite confident.

Unfortunately, on lap 2 I braked for Turn 3 a little earlier than normal and accidentally ended up cutting the corner too much which resulted in a penalty. So throughout the race I was trying to whittle that down, mainly through the first sector, which cost me a fair chunk of time. Two turns after I had finally got rid of the penalty, my T300RS spazzed out on me and decided to bring up the pause menu two consecutive times which handed Z28 the win.

The second race wasn’t quite as good for me. I felt strong while following Z28, but once I got ahead of him I just felt like I had no grip. I was struggling to hit the apexes along with carrying little speed into the corners.

I held onto the lead for a while, despite my lack of speed but that came to an end when my early braking (worn out tyres, plus I feel like the Viper isn’t that great under brakes compared to some of the other more capable Grp.4 cars) caught Z28 out on the penultimate lap causing him to punt me off at the NGK Chicane. That incident let the distant third place driver take the lead as Z28 slowed down to let me back through so neither of us were able to take the win. I wasn’t too fussed about what happened though, up until that point we had a great couple of races, lots of fun was had and that’s what’s most important.

What were you doing in the warm up, advertising GTPlanet? :gtpflag:

Seriously, though, saw this last night and was interested to see him race people I'd raced myself (if only from the middle of the pack that you guys are driving away from).

Daily B was interesting today. 4 of my races apparently had a DR.S grip bug driver up front, he got called out, but kept taking the win with 2s faster qualifying time and lap times. Another one had a car that was lagging so bad it was spinning erratically along the track taking out other cars left and right. Was fun to watch.

The loss of grip for Suzuka Gr.3 meant fastest laps could only be done in 2nd lap or 6th (if you pitted on 5th), and difference in skill for loss of grip meant everyone, even the SR and DR S struggled to stay in podium. This change makes the race challenging and interesting. Looking forward to more.

The usual strategy is to pit on Lap 5 and fuel up until the marker tells you too, but I noticed those who spins out tend to use more fuel. Fuel range before pitting is usually 32-38.

The loss of grip for Suzuka Gr.3 meant fastest laps could only be done in 2nd lap or 6th (if you pitted on 5th), and difference in skill for loss of grip meant everyone, even the SR and DR S struggled to stay in podium. This change makes the race challenging and interesting. Looking forward to more.

The usual strategy is to pit on Lap 5 and fuel up until the marker tells you too, but I noticed those who spins out tend to use more fuel. Fuel range before pitting is usually 32-38.

You can put just a bit less than the marker tells you to, that’s how, I’m guessing here, I close the gaps. Usually, I finish the race with 0.1 remaining fuel in the tank.

Had a brilliant race with a guy in the Golf at Willow Springs last night. Qualified 2nd, missed out on pole by less than a tenth. We pulled clear from the pack after half a lap. But for the whole race, he was never more than half a second ahead, completely clean and fair. We take different lines into the last corner each lap and I get on the throttle earlier, nearly have him on the main straight. Unfortunately for him, last corner, last lap, I'm less than a tenth behind him, he take his usual line but brakes later, slips off the outside of the track and I slide past for the win. Sent him a PSN message afterwards thanking him for the race. He added me as a friend.

Wish I'd saved the replay!

Had my worst race in quite some time at Magiore just now in the daily Gr4. Which is a shame as my recent Gr4 experiences (Brands, Nurburgring, Kyoto) have largely been good. And sadly I've noticed a pattern which I don't think will come as much of a surprise. It's nearly always, like 95% of the time, the FWD learner kids. Yep, I'm talking not just the Meganes and Sciroccos but largely from the go-to prat mobile, the TT. Gr4 should abolish all these silly FWD cars and instead form a separate categorie for them and let us who understand RWD balance get along with our races without those hideous understeering warts of the game ruin our hard earnt SR and the pleasure of a good, fairly faught race.
Ive had my rant, now I'm off to work to plot how to destroy all FWD cars, muhahahahaha!!!!

Damn, I really wanted to race Suzuka but missed it yesterday :guilty:
I bet its Gr.3 on Mount Panorama today :scared: (Horror for DS4 drivers)

The first part of the first race that ended up ruining my evening haha... don’t worry about what happened after the pit stop :lol::(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back