"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liking that Golf race. Here's my margin of victory.
6206624469067236352_0.jpg

I think Daily race C needs more time after the winner to allow others to finish.
For example, last nights racing on Bathurst was a lot of fun, I only managed to get 1 qualifying lap in (2.05.2 in my Vantage), but I'm capable of running 2.04.5's consistently, so I made my way up the field from 11th to finish 6th (only .07 behind 5th), I was about 1 second away from the line when the 40 seconds was up.

Even in a field of strong racers (all at least DR A), there is such a variance in lap times with the track being so technical, combined with night time, some drivers defending positions, others attacking - when only the first 4 actually cross the line before 40 seconds is up (5/6 less than a second away) it's a little annoying.

For example, Bathurst in FIA races is 8 laps with no pitting, last nights Daily was 10 laps + a pit stop.
FIA race allows 60 seconds for others to finish.
Daily races allow 40.

That 40 seconds is regardless of track, amount of laps etc.
If PD does read this, please change Daily race C to have a 60 or 90 second run off time, it would allow more people to actually finish the races, this doesn't even take into account the odd time I get matched with an entire field of DR D drivers when I'm DR A and 70% of them don't get to finish the race.

At race C, what strategy are you guys using?

The top runners all used 1 stop, me included... and some guy just seemed to not lose pace with no stop at all. That was strange. From pole to second. Didn’t even understand.

Some of us need good strategy to beat you fast guys ;)

Good morning everybody!

I like the daily races and have a lot of fun with, but there's one thing I'm interested to know about:

Is it possible to join daily races together with some (or at least one) friend(s) - if DR and SR of us is same.
Will GTS consider our "frienship", if we apply for the same race?

Thanks in advance.

Penwald77

Sorry for off topic but:

"Calling Rubber Duck and that piece of black crap, at your side door, c'mon"

Love your avatar, and Convoy. "you ever heard of a duck that couldn't swim? Qwack qwack"

Wow, what was the time difference across the line?

I'm on an OK run at the moment - the Dragon Trail Subaru and Interlagos Gr4 races over the last two days have been kind and my last 10 races I've had 3 wins, two second places and a third.
I was having some disconnection issues last night, so this was the only race I got in. I think the official margin was .012.

I was having some disconnection issues last night, so this was the only race I got in. I think the official margin was .012.

I got a really close finish. 3 wide in a Bluemoon Bay FIA race!
My first and only FIA win! The thrill!
I don’t think it was 0.012 though.

Won 4 races today, all in the Golf Cup. Think I ran 10-11 times and only off the podium 3 times. Also kept coming up against @PirovacBoy and embarassing myself. Then the 1 bloody time he got nerfed and I passed him, my wheel suddenly decide ffb1 was now 7 on the Esses! Aaaaarrrggghhh!!! Only lost 1 place, and to a GTP member at least. Didn't sting as much.
I did give him a nudge on the 1st corner once. I just wasn't sure he knew I was there so I reminded him! Don't remember -SR, although I might be wrong. :D

I find this track to stressful to switch back and forth between radar and fuel map, so I just stay on fuel map 1. I lose a position or 2 at the pit stop, oh well. (I only have 10% fuel left on lap 6 while other cars still have 25%) It could be my car too, need to check that fuel consumption thread. Yet I rather drive a car I feel like driving at full speed instead of squeezing the mileage out of a fuel efficient car I don't like driving. I'm here to go fast, no to save the planet :)

Yet it explains why people are so slow and in the way in the twisty section, ugh fuel map blocking.
I understand your point of view entirely. Bathhurst was a complete bloodbath. However, there are some who would rather drive and conserve fuel and tires. Problem lies in other drivers being entirely impatient and too aggressive and are constantly trying to pass in the wrong places. Some turns are simply too tight and there is barely enough room for a single car. As always, the responsibility of a clean pass lies in the overtaking car. If the car ahead is taking the correct racing line (especially in the super tight 2nd gear corner on the top) then it's best to back off instead of slamming into him/her and ruining both of your races. There are very long straights were it is easier and safer to pass especially after a good slipstream. I did about 15 of the C races yesterday and I did not pit in any of them. Best I could manage was three 3rd places and similar number of "clean" races. I was consistently in the top 8 despite starting dead last or second to last in all of them. As with real life racing, not everyone drives "balls to the walls". It would be entirely different if there were real consequences for poorly executed overtakes such as heavy damage. Again, not arguing with you but merely voicing a different point of view.

I understand your point of view entirely. Bathhurst was a complete bloodbath. However, there are some who would rather drive and conserve fuel and tires. Problem lies in other drivers being entirely impatient and too aggressive and are constantly trying to pass in the wrong places. Some turns are simply too tight and there is barely enough room for a single car. As always, the responsibility of a clean pass lies in the overtaking car. If the car ahead is taking the correct racing line (especially in the super tight 2nd gear corner on the top) then it's best to back off instead of slamming into him/her and ruining both of your races. There are very long straights were it is easier and safer to pass especially after a good slipstream. I did about 15 of the C races yesterday and I did not pit in any of them. Best I could manage was three 3rd places and similar number of "clean" races. I was consistently in the top 8 despite starting dead last or second to last in all of them. As with real life racing, not everyone drives "balls to the walls". It would be entirely different if there were real consequences for poorly executed overtakes such as heavy damage. Again, not arguing with you but merely voicing a different point of view.

I did about 15 of the C races as well, very addictive track. I generally ended in the top before the timer ran out, even managed a win and a couple of second place finishes. Now I'm just a hair from DR.A. (Will probably fall down again racing on tracks I don't like as much) The only time I ended in the back was when my ps4 or tv was acting up and kept going black for a second or two while coming up on T1 or the last turn. Not good.

The problem I had with fuel savers is when I'm racing someone and we catch up to a slower car that didn't pit. Then more people catch up behind and soon you have a little train with 100% chance someone in the back is going to force a move or simply brake too late for traffic. Slow drivers are a danger on the road! Hence at max SR.S the carnage was far greater than when I was dropped down to SR.A a couple times. There the group was much more closely matched together, so less speed difference between people on the track.

And waiting for the straight, that doesn't go too well either when 6 cars in formation come drafting down the hill! No matter how inconvenient it is, it's better to pass a slower car asap before a traffic jam forms. It's not a good track to mix slower and faster cars.

This whole not pitting is pretty unrealistic anyway. It only works now because of the 4x fuel use. To even it out, pit stops should be 4x faster as well. It's a weird uneven situation created by still too short races.

Ahhhh, Alsace my old friend!
3rd on the EU board at the time of posting in the Golf but still nearly a second behind big-stef!
It's all in the chicane before the uphill drag for me.
Wonder if I'll still be on the board when I wake up?

Won 4 races today, all in the Golf Cup. Think I ran 10-11 times and only off the podium 3 times. Also kept coming up against @PirovacBoy and embarassing myself. Then the 1 bloody time he got nerfed and I passed him, my wheel suddenly decide ffb1 was now 7 on the Esses! Aaaaarrrggghhh!!! Only lost 1 place, and to a GTP member at least. Didn't sting as much.
I did give him a nudge on the 1st corner once. I just wasn't sure he knew I was there so I reminded him! Don't remember -SR, although I might be wrong. :D
On of my best days yesterday in Sport Mode. I had incredibly intense races, that’s the reason why I love this game so much. Just awesome. And Renrag is definitely a decent Guy with a great attitude. Thumbs up to him.

Ahhhh, Alsace my old friend!
3rd on the EU board at the time of posting in the Golf but still nearly a second behind big-stef!
It's all in the chicane before the uphill drag for me.
Wonder if I'll still be on the board when I wake up?
Amazing time you put up there. Today‘s your day on the sunny side. Less than a second behind 1 of the fastest Guys out there, massive.

Managed 8th in my trusty Toyota 86 at Nurburgring this evening; felt like a victory as I qualified 13th. Didn't even have to play the turtle, as the Toyota has plenty of fuel to do the race on the highest setting.

Finally beat @PirovacBoy whilst tearing up the French countryside like our forefathers, but he also beat me in the first race, passing clean as you like.
I really need to work on my consistency then I think, in the current lobbies I'm in at least, passing should be relatively painless and gentlemanly.
Oh, and don't believe a word he says, those dents were already on his rear bumper! :lol:

Finally beat @PirovacBoy whilst tearing up the French countryside like our forefathers, but he also beat me in the first race, passing clean as you like.
I really need to work on my consistency then I think, in the current lobbies I'm in at least, passing should be relatively painless and gentlemanly.
Oh, and don't believe a word he says, those dents were already on his rear bumper! :lol:
It was really great fun doing some history repeating, almost felt like back in 1945, I was stuck between a British and French correlation we all know how it ended for us Germans. Anyway, don‘t trust HIM a word, it’s just rumors he‘s trying to spread. ;) I know he fell in love with my paint:D

It was really great fun doing some history repeating, almost felt like back in 1945, I was stuck between a British and French correlation we all know how it ended for us Germans. Anyway, don‘t trust HIM a word, it’s just rumors he‘s trying to spread. ;)

What DR are you guys @Renrag39 @PirovacBoy ? I want a piece of clean racing with banter thrown in on the side

Check out my signature at Kudosprime. I have two Accounts. I started playing on my second account 3 days ago, going straight up like a Rocket. Next stop, Moon:gtpflag:
Almost up to DR S in 3 days, impressive ! You have been buisy these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back