"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
14:30 Race C: Started pole, finished 3rd. @Sidawg2 won the race thanks to the fact that my rears were lit up during the side by side action with him. Pitted lap 7 for new Softs and ended up getting punted by an HK guy, preventing me from using my fuel advantage against the Japanese. Ended up having a nice showdown against @Pubs16 after that, but then I soon gained confidence to go flat out on that chicane before the last hairpin...

I did wonder where you went to after the pitstop!

Whoa! Race C was calling my name, but after the first go I’ll need a different approach. Had enough time to put down 3 laps in qualifying before my first try. Started P8. Had a great start and managed P3 after the first lap. Good close racing out front for a few laps and then...

Spun it like a frisbee with almost no warning. Tires shredded. Confidence destroyed. Limped to the pits, but did some serious figure skating on the way. Switched to Hards and topped of fuel so I could really push and finish the race. Things were going better until...

I clipped a barrier at the top of the hill approaching the “stop sign” corner. Spun into oblivion. Tires shredded. Confidence destroyed.

Pit with 3 laps left to pick up a fresh set of Softs to go for fastest lap. Was laying down purple sectors and then...

Clios at Goodwood is a fun race, already notched back to back clean races, a 2nd and a win. The chicane is actually manageable in the Clio, in the group 4 cars the first time it was a daily I couldn't get through it to save my life. :confused:

Race B, yawn more Suzuka more GT cars. Wouldn't mind if there was a pit stop but a 4 lapper is just boring.

I feel like Race C is going to destroy SR points for anybody below DR S; I got punted off at least once a lap until Lap 5. These cars do have brake lights, right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's not for me anyway. I stick to pootling around Suzuka. I thought I was going to be quickish around it this week but so far I can only muster up a 2.04.7xxx. I was kinda happy until I saw sub 58s on the leaderboard. I'm good through sectors 1 and 2. But I can't pick Spoon. Had that trouble two weeks ago in the Gr.4s too. Just can't seem to get around it quickly.

There's 2 seconds between there and through the Casio Triangle. Just gotta find it... And then piece it all together... First step is to get under 4. Then we can see if we can go sub 3. If I can get a 2.02.xxx this week I'll be delighted..
Oh... I barely catch the laps 2:05.7xx on qualification/practice :( . On the races I do 2:06.xxx laps.

Not been able to get on much in past month and still relative newby at GTS so don’t have Suzuka fatigue; but it is a great track and loving the Gr3 there. Did 2 races yesterday starting 2nd and 3rd. Binned it lap 1 both times (all my own work) but had great fun running back through the pack finishing 8th and 3rd. So few red dots at end of race with people driving fairly. Will be hoping this continues!!

Got the day off work.

Targets already met:
Within 3% of EMEA at Goodwood (I like the Clio) and Suzuka (Porsche).
Under 1:16 at Goodwood on Circuit Experience.

And it’s only 9.40am.

I don’t really fancy Race C.

Gonna try the Audi at Suzuka. I’ve tried it a few times at various circuits and really couldn’t get the hang of it.

Actually pulled off 2 clean overtakes at Suzuka in the same race. Pretty much all places gained on this track are usually because of others mistakes. Both overtakes were at the hairpin - better exit from the preceding corner, and sneaked inside on the brakes. The second one was a bit of a block pass, but I was level alongside when he tried to turn in.

Had some lazy morning today, and tested the race C qualy.
Got 1:25.154 and thinking, well its kind of a good time. Checked the top 10 times...
Will spend rest of the day in my garage :lol: over 2sec too slow...

BB5 rear

Race A...Good car to race and easy.(1:29.1) But nothing new bunch of ram to set off track course. I just got so tired of it repeating. Then change to different psn and ram many cars who ram other car on purpose. I just laugh out loud when other driver curse and swear at me. I just kept on going till Im calm and quit. Had a bunch of good time doing it(not habit of doing it).
Race B...I just got tired of that track that kept repeating every 3 to 5 weeks. Too bored. Not bother to race at all
Race C... Yes yes different course and super fast car. Love it. Real challenge...

Last edited:
I went and blew the dosh I'd been saving for my next car (needed another 7 million) on the X2019... ironic that I used the X2014 to do it :P. I did a slightly different livery than my usual.. lets see if anyone can get the reference :dopey:.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190702210807.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190702211240.jpg

Not sure what PD was thinking bringing the RedBull X2019 to Sardegna for Race C. I know it was in the World Finals last week, but I fail to see how anyone but the aliens could race around here "cleanly". Too many narrow sections with no run-off area to have such a fast car. Not sure I really want to blow 3m on one car just to tank my SR...

Had some lazy morning today, and tested the race C qualy.
Got 1:25.154 and thinking, well its kind of a good time. Checked the top 10 times...
Will spend rest of the day in my garage :lol: over 2sec too slow...

BB5 rear

I was in the same 1:25 first but using the new option to load any top ten ghost , i've used the leaderboard 10th pos 1:23,9xx , stick to it checking where i could be faster and perform a 1:24.1xx .
This is a very good help.

I was in the same 1:25 first but using the new option to load any top ten ghost , i've used the leaderboard 10th pos 1:23,9xx , stick to it checking where i could be faster and perform a 1:24.1xx .
This is a very good help.

Right there with you. Checked some Top 10s and got my 1:24.2xx right behind you on the leaderboard.

Gotta love this update/new functionality!

Oh... I barely catch the laps 2:05.7xx on qualification/practice :( . On the races I do 2:06.xxx laps.

It's taken me 5 months to be as 'quick' as I am today. When I first started I was happy to be within +10 seconds of the Top 10. Now I'm consistently in and around +5-6 seconds.

So you're already ahead!

Consistency helps me. And that is basically a case of finding a car that suits your driving, that you are comfortable in and then just getting the best out of it. I'm sure I'll be corrected, but in my mind, the 'meta' car is only really good for 1 second tops in the higher echelons. We're talking about minor minor gains, really.

So what I've done over the last couple of months - in Gr.3 at least - is stick to 1 car, the AM Vantage. It might not be the 'quickest' or the 'meta' car that everyone else is driving for the top lap times. But frankly, if I keep driving it to the point it's symbiotic, it will get to a point that I'll either get it around the track as fast as that car can go, or the fastest I can drive.

It won't be top 10. But it'll be faster than a lot of people in DR/D can manage, whether they are driving the 'meta' or not.

That's my theory anyway ;)

It's taken me 5 months to be as 'quick' as I am today. When I first started I was happy to be within +10 seconds of the Top 10. Now I'm consistently in and around +5-6 seconds.

So you're already ahead!

Consistency helps me. And that is basically a case of finding a car that suits your driving, that you are comfortable in and then just getting the best out of it. I'm sure I'll be corrected, but in my mind, the 'meta' car is only really good for 1 second tops in the higher echelons. We're talking about minor minor gains, really.

So what I've done over the last couple of months - in Gr.3 at least - is stick to 1 car, the AM Vantage. It might not be the 'quickest' or the 'meta' car that everyone else is driving for the top lap times. But frankly, if I keep driving it to the point it's symbiotic, it will get to a point that I'll either get it around the track as fast as that car can go, or the fastest I can drive.

It won't be top 10. But it'll be faster than a lot of people in DR/D can manage, whether they are driving the 'meta' or not.

Same with me. Right now the Beetle suits me well here. I can hit 2:04 consistently. I tried the R8 here, it didn’t go well lmao.

Not sure what PD was thinking bringing the RedBull X2019 to Sardegna for Race C. I know it was in the World Finals last week, but I fail to see how anyone but the aliens could race around here "cleanly".
Watching Super GT's and Kie's streams last night, the aliens can't race around there cleanly either.

It's a good theory, but there are ....complications. They are called updates :banghead:. With nearly every update they change the performance, handling or both. Just when you get used to a car, it changes and you have to start all over again :crazy:. In DR/D you don't really encounter the "META" phenomenon. People just drive whatever the heck they want :P. Personally I find driving the same bloody race for the whole bloody week with the same bloody car mind numbingly bloody boring :yuck:. That's why I miss the true dailies where every day was a new adventure. People didn't have the whole week to qualify only to race on the last day of the week (looks at @Pigems accusingly :odd:). The only way to maintain my sanity is to race a different car each day. But that's just me ;). Whatever works for ya 👍.

Not a bad start to the day. I recently (GR3 at Nurb) switched the BB on the Lambo from 0 to -3. It did me well at Interlagos and so far it seems to be the fastest setting for this car at Suzuka. Still, it's tough to get it right because it induces more under steer than I'd like, but the corner exits are amazeballs.

D-eYM0jWsAMhPHd

My Q time is 159.7 with the R8 and I know that I can get to 1:59.6 or better before the end of the week. I tried for an hour last night and gave up.

I'm not even touching Race C this week.

It's a good theory, but there are ....complications. They are called updates :banghead:. With nearly every update they change the performance, handling or both. Just when you get used to a car, it changes and you have to start all over again :crazy:. In DR/D you don't really encounter the "META" phenomenon. People just drive whatever the heck they want :P. Personally I find driving the same bloody race for the whole bloody week with the same bloody car mind numbingly bloody boring :yuck:. That's why I miss the true dailies where every day was a new adventure. People didn't have the whole week to qualify only to race on the last day of the week (looks at @Pigems accusingly :odd:). The only way to maintain my sanity is to race a different car each day. But that's just me ;). Whatever works for ya 👍.

I think the aliens will always find the time to set ridiculous qualifying times and discover the meta car very quickly, but I agree that for us mere mortals it's a bit more fun when people don't spend the whole week trying to get that perfect qualy time (something I'm guilty of myself).

The problem with dailies is that they ran out of ideas pretty quick and kept repeating things (despite so many neglected cars and circuits), which is ironic, because we still have the repetition problem now with the weeklies *cough* SUZUKA! *cough* but now you have the added bonus of getting bored mid week.

After 4 sessions of maybe 20 laps each I've finally went under the 1:25 on race C with a Q time of 1:24.903 (opt 1:24.626) . Quite happy with the result.

But..... I have NO idea how to pull off the 1:22 at the top !!! I could load and chase his ghost but I'm afraid it would just shatter my confidence in pieces :):lol::lol::dunce: :bowdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back