"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a delightfully clean Daily C earlier today. Qualified 2nd with a new personal best of 2:31.456 and diced with the pole-sitting German for the lead over almost the entire distance. We each had our share of weak points and small errors, but in the end, I was more than happy to finish where I started. DR rating restored to 46803 points, just 227 points shy of where it was before Tuesday. I'd like to have more goes in the MX-5, but at the same time, I don't want to risk losing more DR points before my next FIA rounds.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190811122524.png

It appears that next week's race B (Gr.4, Autopolis) is the same race we had a couple of months ago. @BenRod, you qualified #54. 👍 Do you remember what car you were using? Was it a front-wheel drive dominated race?

I don't think I even tried tried the race, because I was bad at that track. After doing the 86/BRZ race a few weeks ago, the track has grown on me. It's probably the race I will do the most, next week.

I don't really like Barcelona or Gr.3, so that's an easy pass. I might get into the A race if it ends up being a good car, but Suzuka East for the 20th time. :rolleyes:

It appears that next week's race B (Gr.4, Autopolis) is the same race we had a couple of months ago. @BenRod, you qualified #54. 👍 Do you remember what car you were using? Was it a front-wheel drive dominated race?

I don't think I even tried tried the race, because I was bad at that track. After doing the 86/BRZ race a few weeks ago, the track has grown on me. It's probably the race I will do the most, next week.

I don't really like Barcelona or Gr.3, so that's an easy pass. I might get into the A race if it ends up being a good car, but Suzuka East for the 20th time. :rolleyes:
Last time it was all FF, but the update might have changed it

Sunday drivers ugh. I'm down to SR C (26) due to one BS penalty after the other. I have them all saved, perhaps I'll put a reel together for the penalty thread. It's almost impossible to have a race with this penalty system. Last race the car in front of me lost control well before T1, the slight kink to the right long before the corner. How is that possible? Of course his car spins right goes sideways and knocks me into the wall and I get a 5 sec car collision penalty because he's DR.D...

Oh well whatever, Catalunya is on tomorrow, the track where I got the 97 clean streak. SR should be easy to restore there. For now, one more comedy race on Tokyo. SR.C there is slow motion pinball with cars. I'm at 28.8K DR atm, one more BS penalty and it might be gone lol.

Yep got another BS penalty, yet thanks to the SR Boost at 26 I survived with a neutral rating. Racing some real punters now that don't brake at all, but they do ghost :) Bye bye into the wall.

Last edited:
Tried a Race B this morning. QT 1:35.341. Started 7th, finish 4th. Clean Race. + DR. Very satisfying result for me.

Finally got my replacement rig comfortable enough to race. I learned the pedals need to be secure. I used to have them on the floor and moved when braking too hard. I thought that was OK, just keep the inputs light. But it made me timid on the brakes even though I thought I wasn't. Now i find I can practically stand on the brakes. And it makes a huge mental difference just knowing you can do that when it's needed.

I think people forgot 4C dominated in Autopolis lol.
Granted before BoP /physics change.

Uninteristing for A and B. Gr.3 Catalunya is always nice to have.

Months ago i raced in Z28 lobby with a mix of Gr.B Road car WRX vs Gr.B Road Car EVO Sports Hard in Alsace and it was really a fun race! Not weekly worth it but better than Suzuka at least for me.

Hey Daily Racers! I’m bummed that I haven’t been able to race and won’t be able do for almost another week....but let’s just say I’ve been occupied in one of the best cities in the world for the past few days. Here’s a few of the views I’ve had here in sunny and cool San Diego. Take care and enjoy the races!

BF3676A9-640B-40E8-BDD1-E8693A7A085B.jpeg

46744D6E-D36D-4CF4-90C9-83EE29314800.jpeg
0269E4AA-4A57-4AA6-BF57-B6883C3DD83F.jpeg
BE3E4E2E-08E7-4CF0-AE00-2FC9471D52C8.jpeg
7A04FDD6-72C6-4A4C-93DB-DC08D3263458.jpeg
E5985BB6-D484-43C2-9E6A-69C9ED59D65F.jpeg
59B01509-B528-4071-9A69-65CAD11E9696.jpeg

I think people forgot 4C dominated in Autopolis lol.
Granted before BoP /physics change.

Uninteristing for A and B. Gr.3 Catalunya is always nice to have.

Months ago i raced in Z28 lobby with a mix of Gr.B Road car WRX vs Gr.B Road Car EVO Sports Hard in Alsace and it was really a fun race! Not weekly worth it but better than Suzuka at least for me.
4C dominated in the top tiers and on the leaderboard. Down among us peasants there where wall to wall FF.
And the last time Autopolis was on for daily race it was just four cars to pick from, Sirocco, Mégane, TT and .... I forgot what the last where.

....but let’s just say I’ve been occupied in one of the best cities in the world for the past few days. Here’s a few of the views I’ve had here in sunny and cool San Diego.
Thanks for pics. I was there in Nov. And my phone wallpaper is a sunset from a beach near there. While there I learned of a Green Flash at sunset. A local taught me. If you get a chance, see one if you can - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_flash 👍

On the unfortunate experience. I just find some players being really cancerous and deliberately causing a collision so you'd end up with a time penalty. But that's all as it is, DR dropped SR dropped to A.

I think at this rate I might just quit daily races with those idiots that don't look out for one another. The lobby has much tame players than them. Perhaps the minimum I'd do is to post my competitive times and let the rest unfold itself into history...

@watto79 I can agree with you on race C getting nasty. Had avoided daily races for several days, had another go at C tonight, started 7th, ended up 5th after some spins and random bits on lap 1. From there it was hold my pace and get smashed off the racing line by impatient drivers.

I'm finding this type of behavior all too common in the daily races. It just makes me not want to race. The other night I entered a 7:30 pm Race B and it was nothing but constant ramming. I went from SR 99 to 77 and received a 4 sec penalty for being used as a ping pong ball. Maybe lobbies are the answer. Really wanted to join @Pigems lobby but had to work late last night.

So reading about everyone making alternate accounts for carefree racing I decided to join the party. I guess I'll use this one to do most of my racing until I find a combo I feel comfortable using my main account on. I do enjoy wringing the most out of a car in qual though. Of course this is the added side effect of starting over. :D

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190809184130.jpg

Feel free to add me, PSN is Chevy_SpeedKing

For the N100 race tomorrow, I'm thinking it will most likely be with the Honda S800.

If it ends up being with the Mini Cooper.... :ouch:

I’m hoping so too, the S800 is an awesome little car to drive! :)

For the guy who mentioned Alsace, we had it in reverse with Gr2 cars not that long ago. :)

I think the 86GT was meta at Autopolis last time, but the TT does well there too. :)

Ive been able to participate in weekly online races for a good 10 months straight now. Usually i pick one of the daily races and just focus on that one for the whole week. I chose the mazda roadster/ race c for this week. Never have i hated a car as much as this one. Feels so unnatural, i have to turn way before i think i need to. Its like it has to start leaning before it starts turning. Ive gotten the hang of it for qualifying, but in actual races where you are forced to take different lines and such its a big problem. Anyone else think this thing is trash?

Did PD forget about Alsace? i can't remember the last time that came out
They didn't. It's a Gr.4 FIA event on the calendar.

Last Gr.4 at Autopolis saw the 4C , STI and Evo do really good. I did best in the M4 and Atenza. CAn't wait.

Edit: Screw it. I'm going to use every Gr.4 except the Huracan, Citroen and Bugatti. Those three have left a bad taste in my mouth, from the beginning of my Sport Mode journey.

As for Catalunya, I was killing it in the RC F '17. However, I'll be in the Atenza.

Last edited:
Finaly got to 1:51s in daily A (1:51.895) and started stacking poles. But dang its hard in the lead.. slipstream is insane - you exit the hairpin with better exit and 1 second lead and by the braking point their like .2 seconds behind..:indiff:

This also leads to all kinds of diving due to speed difference, and if you "lucky" they dive outside for you to bump them in to wall and you get a nice penalty and sr loss..:mad::indiff:

Last edited:
A bit worried for no data to show up on K', i kept and eye on next week "daily" races updates and i just forced it as i saw that PD just created the events:
https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/events.php
Last time they have been that late was in April.

Eh, don't love it.

But. I was close with my joke of Race B.. N200 at Suzuka. Race A is a N100 at Suzuka East.

I guess Race B is the most appealing. I don't like the Catalyna track for race C.

Reactions: Qyn
Do they list the BoP ratings anywhere or are they the same week to week?

I was consistently getting really good races for like 3 weeks but last week was crummy and this week has sucked. So much BS driving out there.

I meant, is there a sure-fire way to get on the same lobby? Or can only be done with custom race lobbies?
Queue up for the same lobby time (i.e. you and a friend enter the Daily C race at 13:30).

@Pigems , @sturk0167 , and I have done it a couple times, and we were in the same races.

Results might vary, depending on how populated your region is at that time of day.

I meant, is there a sure-fire way to get on the same lobby? Or can only be done with custom race lobbies?
No, no surefire way.
But the higher rank you both have the higher likelihood to get in the same race, since the numbers of a+ drivers are so much smaller than the number of D drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back