"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be on the lookout for a profile named MaxDoom whenever Doom Eternal releases. :mischievous:

He usually posts the settings the day of those events. It's usually just the bonus races that require settings. The first 6 races are just BoP applied daily races with the same tire settings as dailies.

Food for thought: I tried to qualify the Supra at Brands & it isn't as good as it's little brother, at least according to my instrumented testing. :lol:

I have a Viper that begs to differ. But, it got hit right at the front axle location, so that likely had some influence on why I ended up in the sand trap & not the pusher.
I was getting 1:29.4 on Quali (28.8 on Trophy), but I had a really hard time trying to get that sucker to turn. The problem felt worse in the race, so I easily had at least 1-2 Trophies on my tail.

Tried Race C for the first time this week last night. Got a couple wins and podiums. Starting on pole or near the front is a huge advantage. I don't think I pushed the Porsche hard enough though as I had plenty of fuel and tires left at the end. I found others had better pace so I've got to work on that. I agree with @Deadpool it is faster when you can throw the car into the corner with a little oversteer and a lot of fun too. But it is also a risk/reward technique especially on old tires. I found while trying to push later in the race I collected more .5 sec track penalties.

My timing has always generally been pretty good. Worst comes to worst I (or someone) could just ask daddy @Pigems for the room settings and open a second one.

I too hope there is a second lobby tomorrow as I have to work and probably won't get out before it fills. I look forward to racing with the Pit Crew at Spa and of course the some wildcard bonus races.

I had some not so steller finishes in race C. I used the AMG with fuel on map 2 and I was barely making it. Plus the tires were toast after 6 laps. The 911 and R8's just have a different Pace half way thru, I couldn't match. I'll have to try a different car once I get on next. I would qualify 5-7th, work up a few positions and just start fading after lap 4. Switching transmissions helped alot but I'm eating tires up. TCS Set to 1 and I see it was working a good bit. I might need to manage my wheel spin on corner exits better so TCS doesn't kick on? I'm not honestly sure how they wear down in relation to slicks. Maybe someone could elaborate or the what kills the wet tires? TCS? Obviously sliding and normal wear.

I jumped into race B for some mayhem and it didn't disappoint. I went 1st to 7th back to 2nd then around the world a few times. I snapped this of my last race. I could feel the disgust of not using the Megane to qualify or race lol.
IMG_20200123_183145779.jpg

I’ve been chasing hundredths and thousandths at Maggiore all week. Y’all are a bad influence on me.

edit: also, while trying to get a grip at spa tonight, and it not going particularly well, my wife piped in with a “you’re not very good at this game, huh? why do you play so much?”

truth, perhaps haha.

I’ve been chasing hundredths and thousandths at Maggiore all week. Y’all are a bad influence on me.

edit: also, while trying to get a grip at spa tonight, and it not going particularly well, my wife piped in with a “you’re not very good at this game, huh? why do you play so much?”

truth, perhaps haha.
Another truth is 95% of the players of this game think they're not good either. :odd:

Which statistically doesn't compute. This game is really bad for the ego. :lol:

Aside from obvious cars Porsche, Audi, and AMG anyone running any other cars? Also anyone have luck running the Ford GT? I want to try it out, but wasn't sure how it does on tires and gas. I've used it in regular dailies and I actually like it.

I ran the R.S.01. It was a rear tyre killer. Ran both the Beetle and the Viper, both of which had very little tyre wear by the end of the race. Not sure about the Viper, since I watch the replay, but my fastest laps were the last two with the Beetle, when everyone else is complaining about tyre wear. The Viper had less tyre wear than the the Bug. None of the three were an issue with fuel, but then again I was short shifting to gain stability.

Apart from the speeds, it's almost exactly like driving my first real life car in the rain. The way it drove felt like the tyres were made from nylon rather than rubber when the road was wet. That thing was a death trap but it was so much fun :lol:
Not mine

I have a Viper that begs to differ.
You run with no TCS I believe. I usually run gr 4 without TCS, but since they changed the penalty system I have it on. When you are on TCS 2 they just bounce off you.

Driving at Spa this week is like driving on packed snow with your summer tyres on....
As a Swede that has been caught up in a snowstorm in a Mercedes 190e on wide low profile summer tires I can only agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from the speeds, it's almost exactly like driving my first real life car in the rain. The way it drove felt like the tyres were made from nylon rather than rubber when the road was wet. That thing was a death trap but it was so much fun :lol:

My first car was the 1.3l high top version of your avatar... yet your description still fits. Things improved when Bridgstone *finally* got around to putting out duellers with donut technology out in that size :crazy:.

My first car was the 1.3l high top version of your avatar... yet your description still fits. Things improved when Bridgstone *finally* got around to putting out duellers with donut technology out in that size :crazy:.
Mine was the 970cc 39KW soft top full door. No brake booster, fixed seat belts, AM only radio, sun visors were an option, no head rests, no vacuum advance, single barrel side draught carby with no accelerator pump, four wheel drum brakes, vinyl floor mats. I loved it. :D

Aside from obvious cars Porsche, Audi, and AMG anyone running any other cars? Also anyone have luck running the Ford GT? I want to try it out, but wasn't sure how it does on tires and gas. I've used it in regular dailies and I actually like it.

I am running the Peugeot RCZ with TCS set to 2 and BB at +2/+1. Tyre wear is more on the rears but is quite acceptable as the indicator shows I have more than 3/4 life left. I set the fuel map at 2 and keep moving it to 1 on the Kemmel straight. I am left with 0.1-0.3 laps of fuel by the time I finish the race. You should try it out.

I am running the Peugeot RCZ with TCS set to 2 and BB at +2/+1. Tyre wear is more on the rears but is quite acceptable as the indicator shows I have more than 3/4 life left. I set the fuel map at 2 and keep moving it to 1 on the Kemmel straight. I am left with 0.1-0.3 laps of fuel by the time I finish the race. You should try it out.
I'm running the RCZ too - TCS 2, BB at -3 (helps with the rear tyre wear!). Manual shifting gives me 2 laps worth of fuel at the end. Very consistent handling with this car.

Driving at Spa this week is like driving on packed snow with your summer tyres on....

lol funny you mention that. I was out driving last weekend on my summer tires and it suddenly started snowing. Getting home was funnnnnnn hahaha. Got home and told my wife she’s not allowed to drive our car if there’s even a little snow.

Man, Spa in the rain has been a great week :) Haven't had the time for a lot of races, but the Atenza has been nice here - practically doesn't use tires, just have to switch between 3/2 power as it uses fuel. This means I do not pass anyone who has not crashed or in pit or slipped badly. Not one all week, just drive along, use slipstream, stay out of trouble. Still I might be the only one that set his fast lap time with the same car driven as I normally start 15-18th and end up in 5-9th place.

Race A today was a total joke, my ratings are D, S, as were the other 11 racers, it was total anarchy....seems no penalties are the new rules????? I was rammed off twice, same guy, zero penalty, my tactics after this were if you can't beat them join them, and I admit I tapped a couple of cars off... Zero penalty. What is the point of learning to race clean if the races turn out to be a total farce????

My name on gt sport is ezmartin71 by the way, if anyone notices me racing from now on can you tell me if I'm a clean racer etc, today's race was a, one off, I don't want to race that way

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back