"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was typing up my post, while waiting in Race Entry and during warm up. Just as the race is about to start, I just glanced to bottom left and saw the "W". It's just a thing that shouldn't happen. Grooved race tyres should be greyed out as well.
I had a race C yesterday. Right in front of me a spanish Huracan all over the track. After Raidillon he slowed noticeably and indicated me to pass her/him. A few seconds later he was in entering the pits on hard tires.

So this afternoon I got a few runs in Race A (Tsukuba Circuit, 5 laps) and got my personal best for qualifying to a low 1:07.

But damn, having a smaller grid does not equal less carnage out on the track. So many people using my rear end as a safety net on this track. Seems a lot people are spinning out on corners as well atm. Which is weird because car drives good with TCS off.

I had a race C yesterday. Right in front of me a spanish Huracan all over the track. After Raidillon he slowed noticeably and indicated me to pass her/him. A few seconds later he was in entering the pits on hard tires.
Another example why tyres should default to conditions.

Well, Race B is my go to. Big Lex is as solid as ever. Tried the AMG GT3, NSX, GT-R. Big Lex gets the job done. Went from 16/16 to 10/16 at the finish.

Super stable and quick. Had the handling and grunt to stay with an AMG GT3 ahead of me. Was able to keep pace after a last lap pass on an R8.

Trying to switch to working days. So I'm up much earlier than normal and only had 20-30 minutes to throw a few laps in while i had coffee number 1. Got my time down to 1.06.068 with an optimal of 5.9xx. Race A is a decent combo even if we have had it many times before, wish they didn't kill the car with the bop like they do though. This race will be stupid with the new penalties, it's always pretty rough anyway tbh. No time to try the others but i believe i will try all the combos this week.

Anyone in this thread keeping statistics of the daily races over a long period? The tracks and cars used, I mean.

I'm thinking of putting together some statistics otherwise but best ask before starting in case anyone already sits on such information.

Anyone in this thread keeping statistics of the daily races over a long period? The tracks and cars used, I mean.

I'm thinking of putting together some statistics otherwise but best ask before starting in case anyone already sits on such information.

There is a website that keeps track of everything, or there was anyways. I can’t remember the name of it but @sturk0167 and @Sven Jurgens know what it is. It sometimes is not kept up to date but it has a TON of stats. :)

Had a brief gap in work so just did one race at Nurburgring GP. Qualified high, murdered at T1. Finished 15th. Thankfully door number was 14 so didn't make too much of a DR impact but if this is the driving standard on a weekday morning then the evenings are going to be mass murder.

I think the only way to do this is to qualify pole and hope for the best at T1.

Nurburgring gp is about the dumbest track to use with the lack of penalty system in place. Might sit out this week with a one make in race C and nurb gp in race b the only tempting thing is the gr3 for race b

Had a brief gap in work so just did one race at Nurburgring GP. Qualified high, murdered at T1. Finished 15th. Thankfully door number was 14 so didn't make too much of a DR impact but if this is the driving standard on a weekday morning then the evenings are going to be mass murder.

I think the only way to do this is to qualify pole and hope for the best at T1.
or run from the back?

Man what a night. After battling the heat to deal with my IRL car (sux when a CV boot splits and spews grease all over the exhaust :crazy:), I then had to deal with NurbGP :nervous:. I went out with the R.S.01 but wasn't getting the times I thought I should be.. I was about 7 seconds slower than I felt i should be, but there was no way there was another 7 seconds to be had, I was getting around the track I thought fairly well. I started P11/13.

The race starts and I navigate T1 ok, but the car seemed a lot twitchier. Power off oversteer felt exaggerated and the car was squirming under exits. The penny dropped :banghead::banghead::banghead:. I could have sworn I never raced or qualified with the Renault for Spa... after the race I took it to the garage.. sure enough ... heavy wets :rolleyes:. I think I'll give the R.S.01 another go tomorrow... tonight just wasn't fair to it :odd:. Finished P12.

SR blue. Lots of DR lost. One more loss like that and the trip to DR/C is over :indiff:.

The latest instalment. These first two clips show what you've got to look forward to.

This third clip is what you can now get away with in the current incarnation of GT Sport. It's borderline pointless.

These are all DR A/A+/S SR S lobbies. The driver above is DR S SR S

I had a couple of races yesterday where people had RH tyres on! One guy complained at the end of the race about how slow the RCF was - came back in the next race in the 911, RH tyres again...... :lol:

The latest instalment. These first two clips show what you've got to look forward to.

This third clip is what you can now get away with in the current incarnation of GT Sport. It's borderline pointless.

Ah, I remember that name very well. Why am I not surprised? The guy's pretty fast but holy hell he's also one of the dirtiest this game has ever witnessed. On that first lap alone he should've picked up about 15 - 20 secs penalty but escapes with 0. ZERO. That really is insane.

I don't have a complied database or stats spreadsheet as such although that's a good idea. I refer to several sources of information: my own (saved screenshots/replays), here, KP and GTS Stats which may be the site @Pigems is referring to.

TYVM! :cheers: I was more meaning Jason Gerseys site, but I don’t know if it’s still operational right now, and I don’t know the site address either. But KP is a great source of info!! :)

Last edited:
Game is unplayable. Will not do a daily race until they sort these penalties out.

Agreed, really hope they have another update soon to sort it. It's why I only race on my alt account now. Not that my main is any better (I'm a B driver at best), but if a race turns sour then I'm not too bothered by it :)

Welcome all, for me this week daily races are the wors combination from the last weeks, race A is using a great small race car but putting it on the Tsucuba circuit is purely DESTRUCTION DERBY i lost about 3000 DR in 3 races i was thrown out and pushed on almost every lap completely race not for me, race C is much better but i have a small experience driving in normal cars at the moment focusing on daily race B.

Game is unplayable. Will not do a daily race until they sort these penalties out.

Penalties? What Penalties? :irked:

To be fair, he is playing within the current rules of the game :mischievous:

I'm sure he got a lot of SR up too.

With that said, how does PD look at this (Hello? is this thing on? Is anyone from PD actually watching this?) and say "yes, this is what we had in mind!"

Just done a couple of race C's at Laguna.
I'm currently DR D. I'm setting slow times until the penalties are sorted and just racing from the back. (My alt account is a higher DR :confused::lol:)
1st corner, as you would expect, is total mayhem, grid start doesn't help the situation, leaving it a bit of a lottery as to who makes it. The next few turns are just as bad. It seems to settle down a bit by lap 2, just have to keep an eye on the rammers/shunters. Fortunately D group seems to have a lot of ghosting, as I found out when I tried to take revenge, so no more of that, ha.
I managed a 2nd place from 14th in race two, battled with some really clean drivers after the chaos of lap 1.
1st race I bumped someone off track on the penultimate lap so had to wait while they reset and got going again & had to let two others past while I waited:banghead:

Tried a Race A this morning. It is very competitive.

Thought I had a good QT. 1:05.972. Started 3rd. Terrible start, had to pull to the outside and let everyone through. Started to catch up but got knocked off by a car attempting to re enter the track. Accident. Finished last.

Good racing. Just not by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back