"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
DR D should not compete with DR S through B. DR C should not compete with DR S or A racers. Allowance of a racer to race in Daily races should be restricted to their DR +/- 1 DR rating?

I agree with both of you. Be great to have matchmaking done based on DR.

Also perhaps worth scrapping DR resets completely, not sure how feasible, but possibly a time penalty that's applicable to your next race. So fast drivers who are dirty. Would still be matched with quicker drivers, but they would start in the pits or have a mandatory time penalty.

Which would also see drivers not heavily penalised for one bad race. Last week, I had 16 clean races in a row, 17th race, got bumped and pushed. Ended up going from B/S down to D/E.

Hey, eveeyon. It's been great. I'll pop in now and again, but just been driving the GT4 cars in ACC. I'm done. :)

No longer have to have FF cars in my races and having all real tracks and conditions. It's a dream. It's not GT graphics, but the handling and, for an offline player, AI are competitive. 👍

Camaro GT4.R and Maserati :cheers:

Yeah good luck with C. Its a huge gamble.

I hit it once, back to S, but I lifted anytime anyone was near-stayed back.
Then one more B but a Ferrari no tcs spun into me as I was taking his inside. Sr down is the hammer of Thor lol.
Back to A sr so back to enjoying the c scenery.
I went 14th to fifth tho on that last b but took that sr down...
As long as no ones behind me on c I’m ok just following the driving aids haha.

I hit it once, back to S, but I lifted anytime anyone was near-stayed back.
Then one more B but a Ferrari no tcs spun into me as I was taking his inside. Sr down is the hammer of Thor lol.
Back to A sr so back to enjoying the c scenery.
I went 14th to fifth tho on that last b but took that sr down...
As long as no ones behind me on c I’m ok just following the driving aids haha.
1 brush for me in that race. -8 SR. :irked::lol:

Good to see you out there. Almost at the end. :D

I agree with both of you. Be great to have matchmaking done based on DR.

Also perhaps worth scrapping DR resets completely, not sure how feasible, but possibly a time penalty that's applicable to your next race. So fast drivers who are dirty. Would still be matched with quicker drivers, but they would start in the pits or have a mandatory time penalty.

Which would also see drivers not heavily penalised for one bad race. Last week, I had 16 clean races in a row, 17th race, got bumped and pushed. Ended up going from B/S down to D/E.

I have seen many good drivers get screwed with this current system and I still don't understand the DR/SR resets or why it happens. Hopefully GT7 will be different.

Good luck rebuilding your DR/SR.

Well now, that started off really well. But then I caught up to a guy who decided he wasn’t gonna let anyone pass him.... It may have been my best punt ever! :lol:

I got my s. There were like 10 cars no qual starting behind me, had to dive off to avoid.
Wish I was still racin but now I’m away :(
@0604 nice seeing you, too :)
I’ve seen that one guy before, too...

Hey, eveeyon. It's been great. I'll pop in now and again, but just been driving the GT4 cars in ACC. I'm done. :)

No longer have to have FF cars in my races and having all real tracks and conditions. It's a dream. It's not GT graphics, but the handling and, for an offline player, AI are competitive. 👍

Camaro GT4.R and Maserati :cheers:

how? the GT4 pack wont load in the store for me.

Nevermind. Have to go into the PS Store from the dashboard. Says content unavailable if you click on go to the store in game.

I got my s. There were like 10 cars no qual starting behind me, had to dive off to avoid.
Wish I was still racin but now I’m away :(
@0604 nice seeing you, too :)
I’ve seen that one guy before, too...

Great racing with you man, it’s been a while. Was nice to see you on the track again. :cheers:

I had a nice clean race going in that first one until I came across this guy, got a run on him and he just plows into me from the side, twice. So, I nudged him off the outside a few corners later, but he got back passed when we served our pens. Then, I catch him again, and he brake checks me, that was the tipping point. :lol: Ray caught back up to him a couple of corners later....

Great racing with you man, it’s been a while. Was nice to see you on the track again. :cheers:

I had a nice clean race going in that first one until I came across this guy, got a run on him and he just plows into me from the side, twice. So, I nudged him off the outside a few corners later, but he got back passed when we served our pens. Then, I catch him again, and he brake checks me, that was the tipping point. :lol: Ray caught back up to him a couple of corners later....

Nice hit! I’m goin back in...
0656509A-BD01-4759-B13A-066DD69D53BE.gif

Just realised. It's a good week for Nissan lovers.

I'd still kill for a Gr. 4 370Z instead of only a GT-R.

Must use Hards. You can use the Mediums at any point, but you MUST use the hards before the end of the race. You can also stay on the hards for the full five laps if you choose to.

I watched a guy finish 5th behind me, but got the 1 minute penalty. Finished DFL (14th).

Wow. What a scumbag. I'll definitely remember his name.

With a name & livery like that, it'll be difficult to forget.

Hey, eveeyon. It's been great. I'll pop in now and again, but just been driving the GT4 cars in ACC. I'm done. :) Camaro GT4.R and Maserati :cheers:

I saw the GTP tweet this morning & pic of the GT4.R leading. I whimpered like a lost puppy. Really want that in GT.

Reading some of these posts above.....

What a bunch of nerds some of y'all are! The match making isn't that screwed up. When I decide to up my game and play fair, I'm in a lobby with all other A-B/S drivers who are all roughly the same pace. When I decide to have some "fun" you end up in lower lobbies where there's a combo of genuine novices, resets (like myself), reprobates (also like myself), and guys with alternate accounts..... (didn't know this was an actual thing until recently) 💡. The only way to move up DR rating is to win. The only way to improve your SR rating is to get taken advantage of in lower lobbies, or advance to the faster lobbies where people "somewhat" care. FWIW, some of the dirtiest driving is in the fast lobbies.... those guys know how to work the system!! Some of the most fun I've had on this game is having a "Checkers or Wreckers" mentality. And like everything in life, what goes around, comes around. So I don't get the least upset when I get punted. Part of doing business I suppose. If anyone comes across me in a lobby, I give you full permission to give me a love tap. No hard feelings!

.....However, after 2 years I FINALLY got a wheel!!! Now its a lot of fun to race clean! I think I'll have to make a ghost account :D

Well only done Race C this week. Set a great Q time of 3:42.0 on my main ACC and 3:41.8 on my 2nd acc, but my races have been poor. I seem to go backwards no matter what car I use or whether I do a no stop or 1 stop strategy. It's getting quite frustrating now

Well only done Race C this week. Set a great Q time of 3:42.0 on my main ACC and 3:41.8 on my 2nd acc, but my races have been poor. I seem to go backwards no matter what car I use or whether I do a no stop or 1 stop strategy. It's getting quite frustrating now
You can do no stop strategy ? Isnt so that u must use once medium and once hard tyres ?

You can do no stop strategy ? Isnt so that u must use once medium and once hard tyres ?
Yes. Only the hard tyre is mandatory so you can just use that if you want. Both strategies have a very similar overall finishing time so the time you lose on the hards (around 2s a lap) is made up when those on mediums pit as the pitloss is about 7.5 seconds. Plus you'll have track position and then you just have to defend against those on fresher hards.

Last edited:
Yes. Only the hard tyre is mandatory so you can just use that if you want. Both strategies have a very similar overall finishing time so the time you lose on the hards (around 2s a lap) is made up when those on mediums pit as the pitloss is about 7.5 seconds. Plus you'll have track position and then you just have to defend against those on fresher hards.
You do have to take traffic into account. Defending against a TT on fresh tires while on older tires is an example of waiting to be punted. You also need to really be running a near perfect race to manage tires more. I find I do worse no stopping as I usually end up with a 1 stopper bombing into either a 1 sec penalty or just a spin. Still trying different tactics myself though. Just had 1 good race and 1 forgettable 1. Good race had lots of great back and forth racing, other had me run off into the sand once and wrecked once, both on my own.:boggled:

Still seem to be bleeding SR too. 1 tap from a TT running wide on exit for an SR down in the really good race still equated to -2 SR? Getting harder is good, still punishing wrong car is not. Oh well. Really starting to enjoy the track.

Finally got a good result. Qualified 4th but moved up to 3rd because of 2 drivers battling and losing themselves time. Did a 1 stop mediums to end of lap 3 then hards until the end. Hopefully the good results continue and I can get my DR back up to 40k.

You do have to take traffic into account. Defending against a TT on fresh tires while on older tires is an example of waiting to be punted. You also need to really be running a near perfect race to manage tires more. I find I do worse no stopping as I usually end up with a 1 stopper bombing into either a 1 sec penalty or just a spin. Still trying different tactics myself though. Just had 1 good race and 1 forgettable 1. Good race had lots of great back and forth racing, other had me run off into the sand once and wrecked once, both on my own.:boggled:
Yeah totally agree about the traffic. You also need to take the car into account. An FF will struggle towards the end on a no stop strategy (at least in my case anyway) more than an FR/MR car would.

Attachments

• IMG_20201001_092436.jpg
    IMG_20201001_092436.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to dig out of the SR hole my NA alt is/was in. Today I went from SR 46 down to SR 38,then up to SR 80 by two CRB's,one a one-stop with 1H/4M to p3, the other one a no-stop from p4-p2 with a rabbit up front, he won by 9 seconds, p3 was 4 seconds behind me. I was down to p5 on the end of lap 1, but during lap 2 and 3 I caught up with P2. Then he pitted for hards.

I feel you guys about the SR hole. It seems like even when it is clean there is a slight tap some places. Really have to surrender everything or be all.alone to get a CRB. Just had 3 guys beat the hell out of each other around me. I lose 25 SR for being around carnage. Oh well. Maybe I'll be lucky and can rabbit away in my last one for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back