"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear what your saying and I get it. I may be just sour from being victimized. If the guy in 1st passes me I let him go but I wont take an unusual line which will slow me down. My rationale is this the race has provisions to make sure fast cars can go by, what are they doing for the unfortunate guys that get taken out? Really nothing and there lies many peoples attitude after suffering. Its a no win situation for GT Sport because I am about to duck out and head to IRacing and RaceRoom. They really need to take care of the clean drivers and punt the punters. Thats the only way to make it fair and it needs to be immediate. You hit someone and you are a ghost and finish last. Will it happen, ofcourse not. Any way, Best of Luck..
I still say any severe contact penalty (2 sec and above) should be a pass thru pit lane and your ghosted until you do that, and if you don't do your pass thru say by the next time you pass pit entry you get DQ and disappear from the race ..

Last edited:
Reset yet again, 3rd time in what, 2 months after going 700 races with no reset. I am not sure what else to do, in two races last night I was hammered from behind into T1 and copped 4 seconds for it. That was bad enough but next race I manage to avoid the carnage, and there was lots of carnage, but still copped 4 seconds despite not touching a soul. At that point I just give up and race.

It's not just folks that struggle with these cars, I was racing a guy last night and he was close to me but for T1 you MUST take it wide or it's over. He was close but behind, not along side, so I take the racing line and boom there he is up the inside. WHAT are you doing??

Last edited:
I still say any severe contact penalty (2 sec and above) should be a pass thru pit lane and your ghosted until you do that, and if you don't do your pass thru say by the next time you pass pit entry you get DQ and disappear from the race ..
This (and many other viable options) would work if the penalty system could be relied on to give the penalty to the player at fault. Currently, it doesn't in a significant proportion of incidents, possibly even the majority of incidents. Something as simple as penalizing both drivers equally would be better than what we have.

This (and many other viable options) would work if the penalty system could be relied on to give the penalty to the player at fault. Currently, it doesn't in a significant proportion of incidents, possibly even the majority of incidents. Something as simple as penalizing both drivers equally would be better than what we have.
agree.. here is an example of an extremely dirty driver i think which most of us have encountered here in N/A. Last week spa GR2 I start on pole the dirty driver is starting behind me in 3rd. We head into turn 1 (at start of the race lap 1 trn1) I almost complete the turn but of course he tries to dive under me hits my right rear pushes me off into the runoff I dnt spin gather it back up he now has four second ptly I have nothing (so in this case everything worked like it was supposed to) but now he somehow thinks this is my fault and actually waits for me on the run down the hill as am going past he door slams me into the wall to try and take me out as if I had anything to do with the 4 second PTLY he recvd. somehow i manage to get by with nothing but an SR down for wall contact trying to avoid this guy, but if he had been immediately ghosted i could have drove thru with no issues not to mention the chaos it caused behind us. Because of people like this the game is almost becoming unplayable again I feel in sport mode and there are many more out there like him and before anybody says just a mistake by him or anything like that I have seen this from this player many times . These are the types of people that are ruining the game

Last edited by a moderator:

I would agree to this 1,000,000%

As much as I hate to get penalized because someone is new & doesn't know all of the game physics or is just abusing the system, the shared fault idea has to be better than what we have.

And for my TPC enforcers, I saw the guy who pushed me off at Suzuka last week. Only race we were in together, I started DFL & he started 2nd. I couldn't get him.

As much as I hate to get penalized because someone is new & doesn't know all of the game physics or is just abusing the system, the shared fault idea has to be better than what we have.
I hate the idea too, but from all the fiddling it's clear that PD are having trouble developing an algorithm that can reliably determine fault. For this the solution is simple and quick, simply take out the blame algorithm, leave in the collision detection and assign penalties accordingly. It would take almost no development time and though not perfect, would constitute an improvement.

Without wanting to turn this into a thread entirely about the penalty system - calls for drive throughs and HP reductions etc are all well and good if you have a system that is somewhere close to correctly apportioning blame. My SR has plummeted after a few races at Spa, almost solely down to being hit from behind, or sideswiped by someone who crashed on their own but rejoined the track not under control and T-Boned my car - which is my fault according to the current system (??).

There is a thread of over 100 pages long littered with youtube clips of ridiculous SR and time penalties examples. I assume that it is too late now for GT Sport, but the devs need to sort this out properly for the next game. Until it is sorted, there is no point adding even more penalties for potentially innocent drivers.

048C9F26-E2A6-4CC5-AA6E-23B0BA5B387A.jpeg I Lost 40,000 DR in one Daily race (SSX) by one guy .The penalty system works great , if your looking to start the game all over again

To me the best penalty solution is to turn on damage. I rammer won't continue the shenanigans if they can't keep pace. Let damage be "fixed" by pitting in. Makes everyone more cautious and is more realistic anyway.

View attachment 965130 I Lost 40,000 DR in one Daily race (SSX) by one guy .The penalty system works great , if your looking to start the game all over again
That is horrific. My condolences to your DR. I would be devastated.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 965130 I Lost 40,000 DR in one Daily race (SSX) by one guy .The penalty system works great , if your looking to start the game all over again

Over the last 2 weeks, I've been beaten up by other drivers & gotten 2 resets. Those 3 wins in race B from last night were all from D/E rooms. Two days ago my numbers were 3000/1. That's the reason I have an alternate account. If this week continues in a positive direction, I might reach DR A & retire one account. :lol:

Also, you can't lose 40K DR if you haven't reached that level. :boggled:

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but (1) sportsmanship in GTS Sport Mode races is lowest common denominator; and (2) DR is subject to entropy. The quality of any given race will be determined by the dirtiest driver; and, apart from running recovery races at the expense of DR, there is little you can do to prevent SR spirals. As such, there is little incentive for most to continue to race clean/not retaliate/etc. which just continues the madness for everyone.

Raced a Daily B today, started 9th, finished 8th and gained a few DR/SR. Almost finished 4 of 4 laps but missed the 4th lap finish by approximately 1 cars length but overall extremely pleased with the racing quality, a big "thank you" to the racers below for an excellent race.

Race B - 15OCT2020.jpg

Hate to say it, but (1) sportsmanship in GTS Sport Mode races is lowest common denominator; and (2) DR is subject to entropy. The quality of any given race will be determined by the dirtiest driver; and, apart from running recovery races at the expense of DR, there is little you can do to prevent SR spirals. As such, there is little incentive for most to continue to race clean/not retaliate/etc. which just continues the madness for everyone.
It doesnt help when matchmaking seems to push for massively full fields instead of similar ones. Was in many race C lobbies last few days where rankings were from A/S to D/C, all together. It makes it utter chaos, especially if massively faster driver gets punted into the back and the slower drivers are defending for their life. Happened to me, happened to others I have seen as well. It doesnt help the lower ranked drivers learn much and just increases the risks of calamities.

Might try just weekend racing next week.

Wait til Thursday or Friday. Do a "Practice session" for the Dailys. Come Saturday, do another Practice session. Satu day, before the GIA races, qualify for the Dailys and race as though they are support races before the FIA event.

Come Sunday, run another set(maybe the final two of three) of Dailys, as the last races for the weekend.

Good experiences or bad, might take some of the edge off racing so much in a week. I think even passing on FIA mid-week, will be fine for me. Haven't done any Dailys since Tuesday(or Wednesday? Can't remember :lol:). Racing this weekend, one race each on Saturday and two races each on Sunday, should be enough. :)

I find the weekends to be the worst. Inexperienced drivers have had enough time to get a decent qualifying time but can't race to it. Monday and Tuesday end up being the sweet spot for me. I can set a decent time run a few races and stay away from the carnage behind me. As the week progresses the drivers become more daring and dangerous. Sunday afternoon I start preparing for the new races.

I have fallen out of the habit but at one point I would race F1 2019 and AC on Fri and Sat night.

I still race all week on GTS just my observation that it gets more dirty and desperate as the week progresses.

To me the best penalty solution is to turn on damage. I rammer won't continue the shenanigans if they can't keep pace. Let damage be "fixed" by pitting in. Makes everyone more cautious and is more realistic anyway.

While I'm for the idea of bringing back damage since it did raise awareness and adds to the realism. The problem is your race being over if someone plows into the back of you turn 1 and the likelihood of people quitting races increases. That said, that's racing and happens in real life.

A middle ground would be light damage without needing to pit and fix, it's already in FIA races and I see no reason why dailies could not have it too. Sadly it's over 2 years and no changes.

The game had the right ideas from launch with a shared fault penalty system and damage, both standard in other racing sims. I think the cause for removing/changing them is a shift in their target audience from a serious racer to less serious. Nothing wrong with that if it opens doors to other players and increases accessibility but explaining why I think so.

Last edited:
There is no incentive for PD to increase player numbers by this point. Especially in Sports Mode. It's more convenient for them for people to stop playing.
For the server operations side I agree. The marketing peeps might prefer the game to finish with a good reputation though.

Did not think it was possible to loose soooooo much DR and SR in a single race
DR letter is limited to two levels higher than your SR. DR score will be reset if your SR drops too low, courtesy of kudosprime.com the levels are:
  • SR less than 30 will reduce DR to 50K
  • SR less than 15 will reduce DR to 20K
  • SR less than 5 will reduce DR to 7K
Without the SR drop you shouldn't lose more than about 3K DR in a single race. It's the SR drop that does the real damage.

To me the best penalty solution is to turn on damage. I rammer won't continue the shenanigans if they can't keep pace. Let damage be "fixed" by pitting in.
It would be even easier to be dirty. Take this week's race C, with damage. You brake for Remus and the dirty driver rams you from behind.
You now have engine damage that slows you down to a crawl. The rammer has wing damage that barely slows him down.

Last edited:

Speaking only from what I've seen this week, I'd say there is a remedy in the current cycle of races. Racing mostly race B & have tried to put a good qualifying effort in. I've been far enough ahead of the chaos to survive. But, my alt had already spiraled to the basement, so there was no way to go but up.

While I'm for the idea of bringing back damage since it did raise awareness and adds to the realism. The problem is your race being over if someone plows into the back of you turn 1 and the likelihood of people quitting races increases. That said, that's racing and happens in real life.

The REAL driving SIMULATOR. Sounds like false advertising to me. :lol:

I find the weekends to be the worst. Inexperienced drivers have had enough time to get a decent qualifying time but can't race to it. Monday and Tuesday end up being the sweet spot for me. I can set a decent time run a few races and stay away from the carnage behind me. As the week progresses the drivers become more daring and dangerous. Sunday afternoon I start preparing for the new races.

I have fallen out of the habit but at one point I would race F1 2019 and AC on Fri and Sat night.

I still race all week on GTS just my observation that it gets more dirty and desperate as the week progresses.
Mondays are usually when I lose the most SR points.
SSRX was especially bad. It wasn't until the end of the week, that most people figured out not to bump-draft.

So, time for "Confessions of an idiot driver". I have been doing some Race C this week (not as much as usual due to work and family commitments) and within races my pace has been competitive. No wins but a few top 5 finishes and generally matching it with the Low A / High B drivers. Inexplicably though, my qualifying times have been poor. I did about an hour session on Monday learning the track and car combo and set a best of 15.4. This was ok at the time, but as the week has gone on the aliens are setting times in the 12s and all the guys I'm matching in races are somewhere in the mid to high 14s. The only qualifying I've been running is the few minutes between races (2 or 3 laps) but despite feeling like I'm getting much better at the track, I could not beat that 15.4. It's been utterly infuriating.

Lunchtime today I decided to jump into a couple of races and ran 3 laps qualifying for the first session. Absolutely nailed the course in every sector (for me) and registered a 15.5??? Thought "this is going to be disastrous I'm clearly out of practice", only to match the race pace comfortably and finish 5th. I then enter a second race and get enough time for 3 laps of qualifying. In desperation, I tap into the car settings to check that there's nothing weird going on with the TCS or brake balance settings and, you guessed it, I'm running hard tires.

I have been strictly doing a 6h/9m strat all week and because I was finishing on meds I completely forgot that qualifying would revert back to hards. :dunce:

Upshot being, 3 qual laps on mediums all quicker than 15.4 and I'm now qualified with a 14.7. Still not spectacular, but at least I now appear in the front half of the grid.:embarrassed:

So, time for "Confessions of an idiot driver". I have been doing some Race C this week (not as much as usual due to work and family commitments) and within races my pace has been competitive. No wins but a few top 5 finishes and generally matching it with the Low A / High B drivers. Inexplicably though, my qualifying times have been poor. I did about an hour session on Monday learning the track and car combo and set a best of 15.4. This was ok at the time, but as the week has gone on the aliens are setting times in the 12s and all the guys I'm matching in races are somewhere in the mid to high 14s. The only qualifying I've been running is the few minutes between races (2 or 3 laps) but despite feeling like I'm getting much better at the track, I could not beat that 15.4. It's been utterly infuriating.

Lunchtime today I decided to jump into a couple of races and ran 3 laps qualifying for the first session. Absolutely nailed the course in every sector (for me) and registered a 15.5??? Thought "this is going to be disastrous I'm clearly out of practice", only to match the race pace comfortably and finish 5th. I then enter a second race and get enough time for 3 laps of qualifying. In desperation, I tap into the car settings to check that there's nothing weird going on with the TCS or brake balance settings and, you guessed it, I'm running hard tires.

I have been strictly doing a 6h/9m strat all week and because I was finishing on meds I completely forgot that qualifying would revert back to hards. :dunce:

Upshot being, 3 qual laps on mediums all quicker than 15.4 and I'm now qualified with a 14.7. Still not spectacular, but at least I now appear in the front half of the grid.:embarrassed:
Been there, started the first day at St Croix like that the other week. Was stunned to see how slow I was.

I have struggled to really have consistent race pace at race C this week.i will have 1 or 2 races just really on it, then a race where I see nothing but chaos. Even when I get clear I seem to just miss all my spots and end up with a bazillion track limit penalties. Improving as the week goes on, but still a track I just cant get to grips with.

Looking to go in to the Friday night crazy races tonight and see how the weekend only crowd shakes things up. With my pathetic drop to low SR A it should be pretty wild

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back