"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slophy has no exit speed, dog of a car.
Brands deserves power cars. :dunce::cheers:

I will listen to this advice and go with the Mustang. Good racing with you yesterday :cheers:

And a belated congratulations to @Mc_Yavel on his A+!

(MEME) And it's GONE (MEME)

Disastrous Race C, off track by myself, punted off in turn 1 by 2 others fighting too close to me and a moron going wide in the last turn before cutting back to pit while I and another were there: 2sec pen. DFL

I kept A+ for like 5 races

Am I just wasting my time practicing with the 86? I feel like it’s going to get destroyed on the straights by pretty much everything.

Yes you are, started the week with this car only to see the cars behind me cathing up one after the other. Still see one from time to time.

Last edited:
I tried 5 q laps which i spinned myself at 4 of them. 1 clean lap of 1:54.633 i thought was a good time but put me in p14 in a mostly A+ grid.
I knew today is not my day but wtf is this?
If i sneeze chasing an opponent i get a penalty!

I will listen to this advice and go with the Mustang. Good racing with you yesterday :cheers:
Good racing with you too bud! :cheers:
When do you plan on running again?
I’ll probably be back tomorrow AM as they were getting overly aggressive later in the morning today, presumably fighting for FIA DR.

Good racing with you too bud! :cheers:
When do you plan on running again?
I’ll probably be back tomorrow AM as they were getting overly aggressive later in the morning today, presumably fighting for FIA DR.

Tomorrow morning, I usually squeeze three races before leaving to work. I like this time frame, maybe not a big crowd but less desperate people.

Whoa boy,

people HATE seeing the Veyron on C race.
First race I got hit many times, offed even, finished 8th from tenth after an outta control Trophy t boned me off.
Next race I was holding the lead with 3 to go and the Brazilian behind punted me two laps in a row at the hair pin then his buddy sent it through also.
There was a big fracas, then I got hit by a car that looked exactly like the Brazilian cars...
I enjoy the Veyron here. I’m going to keep using it.

Gave brands one last lash.

The wrx is a sleeper, got down to the same time I did in the vw and it uses less tyre in the race. I made errors though.

Tried the 86, what an utter joy this little thing is, seriously we need way more one mLea with this exact car, jollly good fun. Useless I qualifying but as much as the red bars appear on screen, I was turn quite promising laps, 31s on mediums and 30s on softs.

Thing is though, for a car with no power the rear end snaps on you even with tc2. Dropped her twice so only finished 12th but she has race pace if you can keep it on the tarmac.

Meh I ran about five or six races.

Got rammed off the last 2 in a row by unknown name A plus non qual player.
Second race he left the chat, replay glitched out as it almost always seems to when you catch these top players ramming like that.
After he rammed me wide and lost me about six or seven places I went on to a nice recovery drive with my best stint of the night completing my last 8 laps low to mid 29 in free air. Finished 8th.

In the top rooms there’s been dirty disgusting behavior in pretty much every race.

I’m fine if I enter 1-2 times...Anymore and I end up angry at the dirty play and start lashing out.

I can’t really say it was much fun except for one battle that lasted a couple corners.

At the top half the room has a time, the other half is non q.
If you see A plus going no Q it’s almost always a trashy rammer, diving punting and knocking others off every other lap.
I was going to enter one more because I like the track but just turned it off instead.
Too aggravating to bother with these Mickey Mouse cheaters...Tgey are like...
“Yeah I rammed you off you’re too slow”

Yeah well some of us don’t sit in mommas basement playing PlayStation 24-7.

The A plus tonight acted like ramming anyone off was justified since he didn’t qualify.

The lack of a pen system only encourages this behavior.

It’s not racing. The top rooms in game on NA are toxic.

Last edited:
I had a stab at Race C the other night in the Viper. Q1 with two Sciroccos behind me and a smattering of Megane, RCZ and TT. Held onto first for 7 laps, then the Scirocco in second snuck past as I just couldn't hold him off. Dropped into the pits after 9 laps, a lap after the leading Scirocco and at the same time as the Scirocco hot on my tail, but ultimately couldn't hold the Scirocco off on the mediums , and conceded the place and crossed the line 3rd, 12s behind the leading Scirocco and 2s behind P2. It didn't help that P2 punted me into the grass on the last of the three right handers so that he could sneak past and take the position on the final lap. :irked: Anyone else using the Viper?

I didn’t see a single Viper in my races last night.
The Veyron was working well. I used it about five times, then the Mustang once.
It was 99 percent Scirroco and Trophy.
The dirty ones use the VW.

I could see the Viper being a good car here. Nice balance of grip and POWAH.
I find it really well-balanced and fairly rapid. I've run a 29 flat in it, optimal 28:7XX, so I'm sure some of the faster drivers could run it down into the 27s, maybe even 26s. It has really good handling (which sounds weird when talking about a big V10-powered American sports car!) and I'm terrible at managing understeer in the FWD cars so it really works well for me.
How was the Mustang? I have one but haven't really used it much.

Wow. I've only been playing the game three months and I already know Autopolis like the back of my hand from dailies. There are other tracks in the game, right?
Yeah, but only like 30-odd other tracks. :sly:

Race A can be a real mosh pit, eh? I haven't put a really good QT in yet, but have been able to move up into top 3 or 4 from back in the pack, as others elbow their way to penalties and offs (save for the first race, when I got forced off the track myself because I trusted someone, foolishly). Don't know how much more I'll risk it, even on the Alt, because it's not really that fun to race, unless there are other super clean drivers out there with you. Of course, when there are, it's a fun time, but those are few and far between.

Race A can be a real mosh pit, eh? I haven't put a really good QT in yet, but have been able to move up into top 3 or 4 from back in the pack, as others elbow their way to penalties and offs (save for the first race, when I got forced off the track myself because I trusted someone, foolishly). Don't know how much more I'll risk it, even on the Alt, because it's not really that fun to race, unless there are other super clean drivers out there with you. Of course, when there are, it's a fun time, but those are few and far between.

Indeed, in a room with clean drivers is super fun. The win I took yesterday was after a tough but clean fight between us first 3 drivers.

How was the Mustang? I have one but haven't really used it much.

Mustangs great. It likes a person to be kinda gentle though. I think overdriving it is bad.

I just saw Tidgney's video... This what i've been dealing for months!

Yeah, the guy last night in my race has at least 4 accounts I found, A plus in all, just rams through in dailies.
There’s a lot of lowlife cheats that race in dailies right now on NA in the top rooms.
I actually had more fun at B S when I was recovering the other day.
For me, I get too much DR then I end up racing mostly dirty cheaters.B S is generally pretty cool.
A plus S is Mariokart mostly on NA.
You got tons of players who just start ramming immediately if they can’t get by first lunging ridiculous divebomb, and the system lets it happen.
It’s like they accept dirty play and don’t even try to pretend to look like they are clean.
If they are behind you you can count on getting rammed and bombed.
These are the best players on NA.
Totally arcade. It’s sad because with the pen system allowing it you could almost argue that ramming diving and lunging is ok since it’s within game rules :(
It is what it is.
It’s why I’m no longer racing FIA and really don’t care much anymore about blasting guys off.

@Sven Jurgens knows what I mean, you get to top rooms on NA any combo it’s really dirty in a really toxic negative way.
The system not penalizing it doesn’t mean it’s right.
I don’t see it ever changing much, every time the system gets strict there’s a huge outcry from the top players because they can’t race dirty anymore. Then it gets turned off.
GTS is fun, but only in moderation.
After a race or two anymore I need to turn it off with all the dirty cheating going unpenalized.

Last edited:
Next week:

Race A: N200 @ Autopolis | 3 laps | SH
Race B: Gr.4 @ Sardegna A | 4 laps | RM
Race C: Gr.3 @ Nurburgring GP | 10 laps | RS/RM | Tyres x7 | Fuel x1
I feel like I've seen these exact three races before, last year. I remember skipping Race C at Nurb GP because of people making bold and brave pass attempts at turn 11/12. If Race A at Autopolis is the 86/BRZ family of cars again then this is for sure a direct pull of Daily Races from last year.

Blagh... :indiff:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back