"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Well I seem to be having trouble on the Red Bull Ring C race, played my first race. I finished last, 5th. See there were 5 racers including me. I did get a penalty 3-4 times, it's hard trying not to go off the edge of the track. I'm trying to get a low lap time but when I drive too fast while turning the car goes off-track, i'll have to post some replays and let you guys look at them to show you better what I mean.
When you get back on throttle, be gentle and don't go 0-100% in one shot, this will open your line too fast in theses weird camber curves and get you a pen. Penalty kill lap time like nothing else. Better be conservative and lose 0.2 sec in every corner than getting a penalty that cost 2.5 sec a lap for a 0.5 sec offense.
I struggle with penalties at this track, too.

One thing I did not realize until very, very recently is this...if I lift in the penalty zone, I don't get penalized. A quick (un)blip of the throttle is all it takes. You just have to make sure you are COMPLETELY off the gas, even if only for a millisecond, before you mash the go button again (controller). :cheers:
That's true, if you're not on full throttle while being off track there is a good chance you don't get penalize. I could escape some but some others not.

I signed up for a Race A at Fuji yesterday and what happened there was horrible. Pure carnage. 6 in the room and only 2 of us tried to have a clean race.

I manage the dirty driver quite well. Worth watching!

Last edited:
When you get back on throttle, be gentle and don't go 0-100% in one shot, this will open your line too fast in theses weird camber curves and get you a pen. Penalty kill lap time like nothing else. Better be conservative and lose 0.2 sec in every corner than getting a penalty that cost 2.5 sec a lap for a 0.5 sec offense.

That's true, if you're not on full throttle while being off track there is a good chance you don't get penalize. I could escape some but some others not.

I signed up for a Race A at Fuji yesterday and what happened there was horrible. Pure carnage. 6 in the room and only 2 of us tried to have a clean race.

I manage the dirty driver quite well. Worth watching!

Always fun watchin' them blow right on by.:D Top-notch awareness there!

Thanks for the advice, you were right, the WRX is a stable car and it's easy to brake/corner. You always can't depend on the max HP of cars, it's also their weight,braking, and how well they handle corners on certain tracks.
Glad it worked out and agree 100%...you can't choose/drive by numbers. I've found there's a tremendous amount of subjectivity to car choice, too. For instance, I'm not a fan of the way FF cars drive so avoid them even though there are a bunch of tracks wherein they are the fastest. If I can't enjoy the drive, there's no point in picking up the controller. :D

I'm also not out to win/podium every race I enter, I'm just tryin' to have a good time over here. I think that makes a HUGE difference in how you approach the game. If I can be competitive in a car I enjoy driving, I'm good. If I can score a win/podium, total bonus! :cheers:

Again and again i get disconnect just before the line up is loaded, really frustrating, never had this issues in the last three years, my connection is perfect and when i make it into a race i have all full connection bars….not much fun.

Again and again i get disconnect just before the line up is loaded, really frustrating, never had this issues in the last three years, my connection is perfect and when i make it into a race i have all full connection bars….not much fun.
Maybe try to clear the cache in GTS game option. I can't remember exactly where it is but I know it's there. Also, if your console is always in sleep mode, a complete shut down and reboot will do no arm either.

For me, it's every third game approximately.
the countdown runs out and than the jeopardy starts. it can take up to 4 minutes, until I'm told ,that I'm out. unfortunately, sometimes it takes nearly 3minutes to put up a line up, also...
BUT,
I am proud to announce, that your very own {me}, became a constant
B S (no, not Bull ****) Driver. The timing couldn't be better, since GT Sport seems to be knocking on heaven's door in a not too far along future.
I only drove the GR3 at Race B.
my best in race lap, was a 1:31.2**
jaguar f-type.
best qualifying 1:32.275 Mazda Atenza.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it's every third game approximately.
the countdown runs out and than the jeopardy starts. it can take up to 4 minutes, until I'm told ,that I'm out. unfortunately, sometimes it takes nearly 3minutes to put up a line up, also...
BUT,
I am proud to announce, that your very own {me}, became a constant
B S (no, not Bull ****) Driver. The timing couldn't be better, since GT Sport seems to be knocking on heaven's door in a not too far along future.
I only drove the GR3 at Race B.
my best in race lap, was a 1:31.2**
jaguar f-type.
best qualifying 1:32.275 Mazda Atenza.
Congrats!! It's awesome being able to hit those milestones and it's not like it suddenly became an 'easy' task...a lot of really solid racers make you earn every point you get. Have noticed that the driving has been pretty clean in the "C" race of late, so that's been a welcome change. I think I've even managed to limit the amount of carnage my ineptitude brings to the table.:D

As for 'Sports death knell, yeah, it's coming. I was kinda bummed when I hit a room this morning and there were only three other drivers there. Great fun as we were all pretty evenly matched...but there were still only four cars on the course.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any other good stable cars in the Group 3 category that you guys recommend? I tried the Corvette C7 one and finished a couple races in 4-5th place which was ok. But I wanted to do better.

Are there any other good stable cars in the Group 3 category that you guys recommend? I tried the Corvette C7 one and finished a couple races in 4-5th place which was ok. But I wanted to do better.
I've always had fun with:
  • Jaguar F-Type
  • Porsche 911 RSR
  • Ford Mustang
  • Toyota FT-1
:cheers:

EDIT: The Corvette is a solid competitor to start with, too.:)

Last edited:
GTS isn’t quite dead yet. Daily Race B at DTG in Gr3 has been as good as racing as I can remember on the game. My new Fanatec DD Pro has given me extra confidence in close quarters and that track just invites close combat. But is so fun. I’ve been able to grab almost 10 wins on the main and alt accounts but the best part has been the really close clean racing. Nearly have the main account up to A+ rating, which has been a goal for a while though I wanted to get it there for FIA racing. Anyway the racings been really fun this week.

It’s funny, the leaderboard for QT includes Supras but people don’t seem to like to race them. I think it’s amazing at this track. Can really work the rear end in traffic it helps to point where you need to be.

1653191237389.jpeg

For once that “just one more race” paid off instead of backfired. Ran six in a row on the main account in top split and finished 2nd or 1st each time despite a fast grid of racers in the 1:30s. Typically running qualifying speeds all race and battling within 0.1s for fastest laps. Got this one back on the last lap despite a 3s lead entering lap 5, wanted to earn it so pegged the apexes all last lap for a 1:30.4 in the race.

1653191256605.jpeg

Grand slam: pole / fastest lap / clean race / win. 🏁 (only ran the Porsche to see how it compares to the Supra, and grabbed that result while matching my QT with it… pretty good comparison!)

Last edited:
Well guys, I'm going back from the beginning, I'm going to attempt to beat every record or try to get in the top 10 of every online TT event that has existed in GTS up to the current date. Wish me luck, if I do I'll post all my videos/replays here!

AMG GT is one that come to mind. Really stable, Porsche is also a good pick.

Race C, I switch horses and went with the Mustang. It's a good choice but I'm 0.3 off my best lap in the Ferrari.
Race B is a really cool track. For whatever reason the 5 laps race feels long enough. Manage 1 win from 2nd and the other 2nd from 5th with the Porsche. As the weeks goes on, the racing gets cleaner it seems.

Well I got a good qualifying time for the Daily race C, 1'38.910 I believe. I used one of the top 10 ghosts, they can be helpful. I also watched one of the replays too. I'll try the Porsche car and let you know how it goes later.

Well I got a good qualifying time for the Daily race C, 1'38.910 I believe. I used one of the top 10 ghosts, they can be helpful. I also watched one of the replays too. I'll try the Porsche car and let you know how it goes later.
Congrats on getting comfortable with the car!

My only recommendation with watching replays is being sure you are watching one that represents what you are driving. In some cases the optimum line varies amongst the different drivetrain layouts (FF / FR / MR / RR / 4WD).

I need to get back to running some qualifying laps in 'C' as I know I've a couple tenths left in me. The car probably has another second left in it, which I will likely never successfully extract. I seem to be able to get 9/10 corners right consistently, now I just need to stitch 10/10 together. One of the last two turns always crush my hopes if I've gotten the previous 8 right. :D

Congrats on getting comfortable with the car!

My only recommendation with watching replays is being sure you are watching one that represents what you are driving. In some cases the optimum line varies amongst the different drivetrain layouts (FF / FR / MR / RR / 4WD).

I need to get back to running some qualifying laps in 'C' as I know I've a couple tenths left in me. The car probably has another second left in it, which I will likely never successfully extract. I seem to be able to get 9/10 corners right consistently, now I just need to stitch 10/10 together. One of the last two turns always crush my hopes if I've gotten the previous 8 right. :D
Thanks, well the top 10 times usually show their replays and what car they use, so I try to pay attention to how they turn and see their braking points. Hopefully I can set a lap close to 1'35.000 or 1'36.000.

2 race before work today.

Race A from the back in P9. I'm the only DR.A in, take it slow and stay out of trouble in T1, manage to stay away from cars, focus on getting good exit while the others battle. I was first by the end of lap 1.

Race C, starting 2nd in the Mustang. The exit of T1 is slow on cold tires and I'm fighting and losing my 2nd place to a RCZ. We are fighting all sector 3 and A+ Ferrari in p4 is right there waiting. Time to pit and try to put some good lap alone on the track. Pit stop cost around 22 sec and I'm right there after my pit stop. Manage to close the gap to 17sec by the time the leader pit mid race and now it's between me and the Ferrari now in the lead. The gap did not really move but we exchange the fastest lap 2-3 time, I got the win he got the fastest lap.

I don't think I could won it if I stayed there in the front fighting all race.

Last edited:
...Hopefully I can set a lap close to 1'35.000 or 1'36.000.
Send me a note when you do...I need pointers. :D

I'm down to a 1:36.690 in the WRX and pretty sure I can get into the high .4's...maybe, and if the stars align properly. Beyond that, nope, got nothin' left. Pretty sure I've well exceeded my talent ceiling at this stage and simply got lucky. :cheers:

...I don't think I could won it if I stayed there in the front fighting all race.
I've found tagging along with P1 - 3, instead of trying to overtake, has been working out well for me. If I can latch on to the bubble of someone consistently fast, and not spend the whole race trying to pass them, I fare a lot better. Plus it gives me time to go to school on the person in front of me to find-out where I'm faster, if at all.

I've also tried pitting on lap 6 or 7 (regardless of position) and getting fresh tires to keep average lap times down throughout the race. Been mixed results thus far, but not abysmal. Tried it three times now with one win, one P3 and one P7. Clean air on fresh tires is always a good time, though. :D

It is nice having the races for a month stretch. Gives us time to try these different approaches out.:cheers:

Last edited:
I've found tagging along with P1 - 3, instead of trying to overtake, has been working out well for me. If I can latch on to the bubble of someone consistently fast, and not spend the whole race trying to pass them, I fare a lot better. Plus it gives me time to go to school on the person in front of me to find-out where I'm faster, if at all.

What really got me into pitting early is the RCZ I was fighting. It's a rocket on straight line but handle the curve poorly compare to my Mustang which is good all around the track. And the Ferrari is even better in corner and can keep up with the Mustang on straight.

I've also tried pitting on lap 6 or 7 (regardless of position) and getting fresh tires to keep average lap times down throughout the race. Been mixed results thus far, but not abysmal. Tried it three times now with one win, one P3 and one P7. Clean air on fresh tires is always a good time, though. :D

It is nice having the races for a month stretch. Gives us time to try these different approaches out.:cheers:

I started this monthly set with the Ferrari because I know it is really good on the tires. During the race, it was a no brainer to not change the tires, I can't tell how many time is lost in the pit for changing tires but it's time lost for nothing. My fastest lap seems to happen in any lap between 2 and 12.

1.36.6 is pretty good by the way! I'm not there yet and I'm not even sure I can. I will give it a try!

Last edited:
OK serious question!

With looming 'death' and reading players not being in Sport Mode races do you think this might be the time to try for the 'three' online trophies.

I have an account that I never bothered online trophies with but now the end is probably coming I want to try and finish the Platinum and the main ones are online and since you need the 91 race wins and I have 1 to that accounts name I wonder if this may be the time to go for broke?

Which race would you all suggest I focus on for this challenge?

Last edited:
OK serious question!

With looming 'death' and reading players not being in Sport Mode races do you think this might be the time to try for the 'three' online trophies.

I have an account that I never bothered online trophies with but now the end is probably coming I want to try and finish the Platinum and the main ones are online and since you need the 91 race wins and I have 1 to that accounts name I wonder if this may be the time to go for broke?

Which race would you all suggest I focus on for this challenge?
Whichever one yields the highest chances for a win, I suppose. :D

90 wins is a bunch to knock-out quickly so I would lean towards the smallest investment of time for each. Problem is, if the 'short' race is not a track/car combo you prefer, a win might be harder to come by.

For instance, and hypothetically, if I had to accomplish this task and was given the choice of ONE lap race at the Nurb' 24h circuit -vs- 100 laps at literally ANY other course, I'm doin' the 100 laps. Why? Because I know the only way I am winning at the N24 circuit is if everyone else quits. Not my track and have yet to win one there, regardless of class.

For the current offerings I've been running race 'C' because it's a blast and I like the course. If I had your goal, though, I'd likely be in the 'B' race if only for more chances p/hr.

Good luck and I hope you make your goal!! :cheers:

Yeah I notice during a race starting with 12 players, then when I'm 75% done the grid count drops to 8. That means 4 people either get disconnected or simply just quit which is bad cause it'll affect your rating!

Oh it's a truck. Might be fun to try a couple since GT7s races are all worse this week. Shame it's only 2 laps. I've been playing Forza 7 lately and the truck race over Mount Panorama was one of the highlights.

Yesterday and Saturday just for curiosity I tried GT Sport and found still a lot of guys on daily races, little bit strange.
Curious as to your thoughts on the driving/physics differences between the two (GTS -vs- GT7). I won't play/enjoy/suffer/endure '7 until it matures a bit, and would venture to guess that's why there's still such a presence on GTS. Nothing driving that beyond the fact that I'm not the early adopter type. Growing pains are normal/predictable for most new releases and I'd rather not sully my experience right out the proverbial gate, is all. :cheers:
Oh it's a truck. Might be fun to try a couple since GT7s races are all worse this week. Shame it's only 2 laps. I've been playing Forza 7 lately and the truck race over Mount Panorama was one of the highlights.
Have to admit, this wasn't even on my radar of possible combos, but I am intrigued. Last time I ran the mountain it was in a Gr.3 F-Type...might have to adjust my line a bit. :D

Sardegna and Suzuka, tho....:drool:

Back