"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 6,703 comments
Canada
Canada
Mc_Yavel
Well I seem to be having trouble on the Red Bull Ring C race, played my first race. I finished last, 5th. See there were 5 racers including me. I did get a penalty 3-4 times, it's hard trying not to go off the edge of the track. I'm trying to get a low lap time but when I drive too fast while turning the car goes off-track, i'll have to post some replays and let you guys look at them to show you better what I mean.
When you get back on throttle, be gentle and don't go 0-100% in one shot, this will open your line too fast in theses weird camber curves and get you a pen. Penalty kill lap time like nothing else. Better be conservative and lose 0.2 sec in every corner than getting a penalty that cost 2.5 sec a lap for a 0.5 sec offense.
I struggle with penalties at this track, too.

One thing I did not realize until very, very recently is this...if I lift in the penalty zone, I don't get penalized. A quick (un)blip of the throttle is all it takes. You just have to make sure you are COMPLETELY off the gas, even if only for a millisecond, before you mash the go button again (controller). :cheers:
That's true, if you're not on full throttle while being off track there is a good chance you don't get penalize. I could escape some but some others not.

I signed up for a Race A at Fuji yesterday and what happened there was horrible. Pure carnage. 6 in the room and only 2 of us tried to have a clean race.

I manage the dirty driver quite well. Worth watching!

Last edited:
United States
Pennsyltucky
mellofello9
When you get back on throttle, be gentle and don't go 0-100% in one shot, this will open your line too fast in theses weird camber curves and get you a pen. Penalty kill lap time like nothing else. Better be conservative and lose 0.2 sec in every corner than getting a penalty that cost 2.5 sec a lap for a 0.5 sec offense.

That's true, if you're not on full throttle while being off track there is a good chance you don't get penalize. I could escape some but some others not.

I signed up for a Race A at Fuji yesterday and what happened there was horrible. Pure carnage. 6 in the room and only 2 of us tried to have a clean race.

I manage the dirty driver quite well. Worth watching!

Always fun watchin' them blow right on by.:D Top-notch awareness there!

United States
Pennsyltucky
mellofello9
Thanks for the advice, you were right, the WRX is a stable car and it's easy to brake/corner. You always can't depend on the max HP of cars, it's also their weight,braking, and how well they handle corners on certain tracks.
Glad it worked out and agree 100%...you can't choose/drive by numbers. I've found there's a tremendous amount of subjectivity to car choice, too. For instance, I'm not a fan of the way FF cars drive so avoid them even though there are a bunch of tracks wherein they are the fastest. If I can't enjoy the drive, there's no point in picking up the controller. :D

I'm also not out to win/podium every race I enter, I'm just tryin' to have a good time over here. I think that makes a HUGE difference in how you approach the game. If I can be competitive in a car I enjoy driving, I'm good. If I can score a win/podium, total bonus! :cheers:

Austria
Austria
Again and again i get disconnect just before the line up is loaded, really frustrating, never had this issues in the last three years, my connection is perfect and when i make it into a race i have all full connection bars….not much fun.

Canada
Canada
Mc_Yavel
Again and again i get disconnect just before the line up is loaded, really frustrating, never had this issues in the last three years, my connection is perfect and when i make it into a race i have all full connection bars….not much fun.
Maybe try to clear the cache in GTS game option. I can't remember exactly where it is but I know it's there. Also, if your console is always in sleep mode, a complete shut down and reboot will do no arm either.

Germany
black forest
tscheisslhuba
For me, it's every third game approximately.
the countdown runs out and than the jeopardy starts. it can take up to 4 minutes, until I'm told ,that I'm out. unfortunately, sometimes it takes nearly 3minutes to put up a line up, also...
BUT,
I am proud to announce, that your very own {me}, became a constant
B S (no, not Bull Sh.) Driver. The timing couldn't be better, since GT Sport seems to be knocking on heaven's door in a not too far along future.
I only drove the GR3 at Race B.
my best in race lap, was a 1:31.2**
jaguar f-type.
best qualifying 1:32.275 Mazda Atenza.

United States
Pennsyltucky
mellofello9
For me, it's every third game approximately.
the countdown runs out and than the jeopardy starts. it can take up to 4 minutes, until I'm told ,that I'm out. unfortunately, sometimes it takes nearly 3minutes to put up a line up, also...
BUT,
I am proud to announce, that your very own {me}, became a constant
B S (no, not Bull Sh.) Driver. The timing couldn't be better, since GT Sport seems to be knocking on heaven's door in a not too far along future.
I only drove the GR3 at Race B.
my best in race lap, was a 1:31.2**
jaguar f-type.
best qualifying 1:32.275 Mazda Atenza.
Congrats!! It's awesome being able to hit those milestones and it's not like it suddenly became an 'easy' task...a lot of really solid racers make you earn every point you get. Have noticed that the driving has been pretty clean in the "C" race of late, so that's been a welcome change. I think I've even managed to limit the amount of carnage my ineptitude brings to the table.:D

As for 'Sports death knell, yeah, it's coming. I was kinda bummed when I hit a room this morning and there were only three other drivers there. Great fun as we were all pretty evenly matched...but there were still only four cars on the course.:cheers:

United States
United States
Are there any other good stable cars in the Group 3 category that you guys recommend? I tried the Corvette C7 one and finished a couple races in 4-5th place which was ok. But I wanted to do better.

United States
Pennsyltucky
mellofello9
Are there any other good stable cars in the Group 3 category that you guys recommend? I tried the Corvette C7 one and finished a couple races in 4-5th place which was ok. But I wanted to do better.
I've always had fun with:
  • Jaguar F-Type
  • Porsche 911 RSR
  • Ford Mustang
  • Toyota FT-1
:cheers:

EDIT: The Corvette is a solid competitor to start with, too.:)

Last edited:
United States
Michigan
KosmoKazi
GTS isn’t quite dead yet. Daily Race B at DTG in Gr3 has been as good as racing as I can remember on the game. My new Fanatec DD Pro has given me extra confidence in close quarters and that track just invites close combat. But is so fun. I’ve been able to grab almost 10 wins on the main and alt accounts but the best part has been the really close clean racing. Nearly have the main account up to A+ rating, which has been a goal for a while though I wanted to get it there for FIA racing. Anyway the racings been really fun this week.

It’s funny, the leaderboard for QT includes Supras but people don’t seem to like to race them. I think it’s amazing at this track. Can really work the rear end in traffic it helps to point where you need to be.

1653191237389.jpeg

For once that “just one more race” paid off instead of backfired. Ran six in a row on the main account in top split and finished 2nd or 1st each time despite a fast grid of racers in the 1:30s. Typically running qualifying speeds all race and battling within 0.1s for fastest laps. Got this one back on the last lap despite a 3s lead entering lap 5, wanted to earn it so pegged the apexes all last lap for a 1:30.4 in the race.

1653191256605.jpeg

Grand slam: pole / fastest lap / clean race / win. 🏁 (only ran the Porsche to see how it compares to the Supra, and grabbed that result while matching my QT with it… pretty good comparison!)

Last edited:
United States
United States
Well guys, I'm going back from the beginning, I'm going to attempt to beat every record or try to get in the top 10 of every online TT event that has existed in GTS up to the current date. Wish me luck, if I do I'll post all my videos/replays here!