"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Yesterday and Saturday just for curiosity I tried GT Sport and found still a lot of guys on daily races, little bit strange.
Same, lobbies are usually pretty populated during peak hours. I guess many haven't made the jump to 7 by waiting on improvement/change, a PS5 or prefer GTS online. I think it's fair to say 7 is surrounded with negativity from release but I won't go there.

I tried 7 online and the experience felt a little soulless, smaller grids, frame drops (at least on a regular PS4) and way off pace for my DR. The solo part of the game is fun so for now, GTS = online and GT7 = solo.

Of all the cool N400 cars they had to come up with a truck. I would love a Daily Race with a Miura or any of the Ferrari in N400 ( GTO, 512, 365). And I'm pretty sure we already had the truck at the Mountain.

Suzuka East will be a carnage EVERY lap of EVERY races. To avoid at all cost.

Race C is where I will spent most if not all of the month I guess.
First race today did not go well from the back but the second one I find my groove and went from 10th to 2nd with the GTR.

I tried race A, finished 4th from the back. It's just a 5 minute race, why not 3, 4 or 5 laps. The DR spread was bad, hence getting to 4th in 2 laps.

Then race C, mixed A/S, B/S. Better than in GT7 lol. Tough competition as well, I only gained a few places and finished 10th. The race was clean. Two drivers hit me by accident, then slowed to give the position back! First time was my fault (had my braking point remembered wrong, after the 50 mark not before doh) but I guess he felt bad for punting me off. Second time was really just a racing incident. Weird to find sportmanship again!

Only thing is, still the same old meta problem. But I'll take these McLaren BMWs on with the Lexus no matter what!

What a difference with GT7, the urge to go again straight away is way stronger :) Next one starting in 2 minutes!

Second one, tough room, 4 A+, couple B, rest all A. It was one of the best races I've had in a long time. Close racing for the entire 10 laps, swapping positions many times with 2 other cars. All clean, leaving room, no swerving, just wow :bowdown: This is why I race so much, I had almost forgotten how good it can be.

Dang dinner time, got to make food, how inconvenient :lol: More racing tonight!

Last edited:
Yeah I just saw the new challenges tonight. Now Mount Panorama was in the Daily race C a month or two ago, remember that one? 2 laps should be straightforward but how well and skilled are the opponents, that's the million-dollar question.

Suzuka East Course should be a breeze I hope cause you really don't have to do much except watch how you turn,manage the corners.

Here we are again on the Daily race C-Sargenia Track A. I did have a time trying to get a low lap time here, hope I can do it this time.

I raced all night last night at Serdegna. Wow, the level of race craft is amazing compared to GT7. I was getting a run for my money, had to work hard to finish top 10 even, love it. So close together all race, usually with 2 other cars jostling for position.

Later at night some dirty drivers did show up but it was still far less than on GT7. And it was more overly aggressive than targeted dirty driving. Overall it was very clean, people trying to leave as much space as possible. I've had more successful switchback undercut overtakes / defense passes last night as all last month in GT7. So satisfying when you have two or tree different lines going through the corner and all 3 cars never touch!

I'll try the Corvette today. The Lexus can't quite keep up, best lap in the 1:41 but overall doing 1:42 laps. The car can't keep up on the straights. Good on brakes though, got to be careful when switching :)

I raced all night last night at Serdegna. Wow, the level of race craft is amazing compared to GT7. I was getting a run for my money, had to work hard to finish top 10 even, love it. So close together all race, usually with 2 other cars jostling for position.

Later at night some dirty drivers did show up but it was still far less than on GT7. And it was more overly aggressive than targeted dirty driving. Overall it was very clean, people trying to leave as much space as possible. I've had more successful switchback undercut overtakes / defense passes last night as all last month in GT7. So satisfying when you have two or tree different lines going through the corner and all 3 cars never touch!

I'll try the Corvette today. The Lexus can't quite keep up, best lap in the 1:41 but overall doing 1:42 laps. The car can't keep up on the straights. Good on brakes though, got to be careful when switching :)
How’d you deal with going back (back in the sense of returning to the previous game, not saying anything deeper than that) physics-wise? I’ve given it a thought of hopping back on Sport for some races but not happened just yet.

Suzuka is a BLAST!!!! I ran some laps in the 86 and that's a freakin' hoot...the car has almost supernatural reflexes and is a joy to toss around this course. A grid full of cars into the last turn is gonna be, well, interesting. :D

Will have to put some time in on Sardegna later as I love the course. Gr.3's here are a great match-up and I've been seeing a lot of great racing in GTS, lately. The last round of B/C races was phenomenal, though most of my time was spent in the Gr.4's on C the racing across the board was competitive and (mostly) respectful. Except A...A was a blood-fest. I fall victim to getting overly aggressive at times (last lap, sees red, it's on) but I think we've all been doing a good job of not going nuclear. :cheers:

:gtpflag:

How’d you deal with going back (back in the sense of returning to the previous game, not saying anything deeper than that) physics-wise? I’ve given it a thought of hopping back on Sport for some races but not happened just yet.
Oddly the Lexus turns better in GT Sport. And TCS is more 'friendly' to work with as well. I race on controller with TCS 2. I miss the exrta feedback from the dualsense but it only took a few races to get back in the rhythm. Just got to be careful with the grass and kerbs, not as easy as in GT7 :P

I love the variety of cars and 20 player grids. No real meta so far, Corvette and McLaren F1 are doing well but it's still anyone's game. I had great battles with Corvette, McLaren F1, BMW, Genesis, GT-R and more.

3 Race C from the back this morning.

First race is a bit chaotic in the opening lap and I find myself 2nd after 2 laps. Come to pit on lap 5 and before I realize it, I did not change my tires just like I did for the whole last month Daily C. :banghead: I probably throw away a win there since I was catching up first place before the pit stop.

Second race, went well and finish 2nd.
Third was the charm, I finally got the win.

Still running the GTR, the F1 is a popular choice.

@Mc_Yavel Haha, I'm still getting used to the pit stops again as well. I already picked the wrong tires (the flashing one is the one you have currently, not the one you need of course :banghead:) having to pit a second time, and I keep forgetting to press no fuel doh.

Gratz on the victory! Very nice. I haven't managed yet, I can just get into the 1:41 laps but it seems I need 1:40s to be able to catch the front. Corvette is turning into the meta, 5 of them in the top 5 finish, some, including me, coming from the back.

The F1 is competitive since there is so much fuel. With its high burn rate it has the advantage of a lighter car to the end of the race. I was trying to burn off as much fuel as I could in the Lexus by shifting late and staying in 5th. That doesn't work for the Vette though, need to shift early to maintain speed. Wish I could put a hole in the tank, don't need half the fuel!

I guess I had forgotten about "first day makes races cleaner" or rather people are still careful. This evening dirty hour is back in full effect. Dive bombs, lot of fighting, glitchy one bar connections in the mix. I guess I can put those rose tinted glasses away now. GT Sport is still the same hit and miss.

You meet great drivers, you meet terrible ones, sometimes more of the former, often more of the latter. Still better than GT7 and better matchmaking, yet still far far far from a contact free sport.

Still fun though, meeting great drivers makes it worth coming back for more (punishment).

Hmm next race, dirty driver punting everyone in sight. Sure he left to SR.B after the race, but another race spoiled. One more, I know clean races are possible. I had two earlier! A clean streak of 2 :lol:

Break time, next one had one dirt bag (fallen angel from 3rd place who needed to protect his DR. Complained about losing 900 DR after the race, blaming the room for his grave loss after the room fought back against his trash driving) and many more that simply drove people off the road. I got run off, rammed off, punted off, time to run away!

Last edited:
Well just played my first race at Suzuka, finished 4th. Started 2nd but messed up at the last lap. That turn before the finish line is tricky cause you can go out of bounds and get a penalty. Wasn't thrilled about it. What's a good stable car with good cornering/braking for this?

I guess I had forgotten about "first day makes races cleaner" or rather people are still careful. This evening dirty hour is back in full effect. Dive bombs, lot of fighting, glitchy one bar connections in the mix. I guess I can put those rose tinted glasses away now. GT Sport is still the same hit and miss.

You meet great drivers, you meet terrible ones, sometimes more of the former, often more of the latter. Still better than GT7 and better matchmaking, yet still far far far from a contact free sport.

Still fun though, meeting great drivers makes it worth coming back for more (punishment).

Hmm next race, dirty driver punting everyone in sight. Sure he left to SR.B after the race, but another race spoiled. One more, I know clean races are possible. I had two earlier! A clean streak of 2 :lol:

Break time, next one had one dirt bag (fallen angel from 3rd place who needed to protect his DR. Complained about losing 900 DR after the race, blaming the room for his grave loss after the room fought back against his trash driving) and many more that simply drove people off the road. I got run off, rammed off, punted off, time to run away!
That's more like the GTS I know of.

I just had the worst race in a while. 15h30, kids back from school I guess. Many dirty moves from many different peoples, there was no way to get out of that group of people as I was a victim of something every lap it seems. Started 18th out of 20, finish 16th, only 2 DNF.

The tone in the post race chat was unusually highly aggressive too.

Out of all the bad races yesterday I had 2 good results when it finally cleaned up a bit.

A second place, mostly thanks to people still fighting, hence no CRB, got hit.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220607225249.jpg

Then a 3rd place with CRB, finally clean enough to get the clean race bonus.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220607235225.jpg

This morning I had only time for one race, completing the podium set :)
victory.jpg

It was early, competition was 'easy'. I still got hit at least 3 times but kept the CRB. A clean streak!

Here is that race, 14th to 1st in the last corner. (Dude wasn't going to let me pass yet misjudged his braking point)

Edited down to the action with replay angles in between.

Do I dare enter the 8pm race, sure why not. Wheels on the ground in 13 minutes!

Last edited:
Out of all the bad races yesterday I had 2 good results when it finally cleaned up a bit.

A second place, mostly thanks to people still fighting, hence no CRB, got hit.
View attachment 1159022

Then a 3rd place with CRB, finally clean enough to get the clean race bonus.
View attachment 1159023

This morning I had only time for one race, completing the podium set :)
View attachment 1159024
It was early, competition was 'easy'. I still got hit at least 3 times but kept the CRB. A clean streak!

Here is that race, 14th to 1st in the last corner. (Dude wasn't going to let me pass yet misjudged his braking point)

Edited down to the action with replay angles in between.

Do I dare enter the 8pm race, sure why not. Wheels on the ground in 13 minutes!

Hey, do you have a Discord account? I think I saw you today. Wow, you have over 1100 wins! I only have 3 but I got PS Plus in February so I'm learning how to handle the sport mode. The penalty system is a pain cause you can't take shortcuts, run into the wall.

Hey, do you have a Discord account? I think I saw you today. Wow, you have over 1100 wins! I only have 3 but I got PS Plus in February so I'm learning how to handle the sport mode. The penalty system is a pain cause you can't take shortcuts, run into the wall.
No, I'm not on Discord. I can't concentrate when people are talking :/
1654743612171.png

I also have close to 15,000 races in GT Sport :lol:

No, I'm not on Discord. I can't concentrate when people are talking :/
View attachment 1159064
I also have close to 15,000 races in GT Sport :lol:
My Wife (tries to) talk to me while I am racing at times, and I try to accommodate, but it costs me 1 - 1.5 sec per lap EASILY. If I can't focus, I can't drive. I've learned that 'C' races requires that everyone else is either out of the house or asleep in it.:D

Still haven't found my pace at Sardegna but am getting there. Got brave and ran a race last night in the F-Type. Started P4, ended P6 so not horrible. Love the car, just needs 20 - 30 more hp. Set my lap in the Mustang, which is great here as well, just a bit more twitchy out of the hairpins so went with the 'safe' ride for my first go.

Well just played my first race at Suzuka, finished 4th. Started 2nd but messed up at the last lap. That turn before the finish line is tricky cause you can go out of bounds and get a penalty. Wasn't thrilled about it. What's a good stable car with good cornering/braking for this?
Yeah, the final turn onto the main straight is a nightmare...I've run qualifiers there but have not yet run a race, can't imagine what that's gonna be like to navigate with other drivers. My go-to for Suzuka has been the Toyota 86 and the Subaru WRX. Things have to go really wrong for the WRX to spin and the 86 is super easy to control when the back of the car steps-out. Good luck! :)

I think I'll hang up my online racing hat for a while. I've come to the realization that GT Sport only looked good for a while because GT7 is so bad. As the week goes on races keep getting dirtier and more frustrating. Sure there are still plenty great drivers, but every race also has people fighting, mirror blocking, pushing you into the wall, never leaving room, and if you can't avoid the umptieth braking zone swerver, down the SR goes.

I had a couple disconnects today. One at the end of a particularly nasty lap 1, no time to gain SR, down to SR A (78). What a horror show that is nowadays. Immediately I get matched with SR A to SR E and I'm the only DR A in the room. Thus every time someone hits me, it costs me SR... I'm driving on eggshells, still only managed to get a white A two races in a row. Finally the third attempt, tip toeing around, got me up to 90 SR, back in the top split.

Not that it matters much. Yes it is cleaner, with the emphasis on er. Doesn't matter whether it's A+ or D, driving ugly is now part of the game. So much so that people flash their blinkers, thanking me (after passing) for choosing and sticking to a normal racing line. Meanwhile I'm still going out of my way to avoid dive bombs, just let em through. Can't stop em anyway, move out of the way or become the guard rail. Sometimes you can undercut, but the higher the DR, the smarter the bomber, making sure to block you while going wide... If you defend the inside, you simply become their means to brake or they turn in on you, contact 100% guaranteed.

So, in the end, the grass is slightly less yellow in GT Sport. Still a big effort to find a clean race. And now it's another month for the first day of new races effect, people being careful, to come back. 1 out of 3 to 5 for satisfying races simply isn't good enough.

@Mc_Yavel That race we did together, close all race, was the best all week. Thanks for the great race! A shame the next one we got separated early by clowns. And good job on handling the GT-R, the sound alone that comes out of that thing makes me want to drive it into a wall :lol:

Anyway back to 99 SR, the disconnects and dirty low DR rooms cost me just over 3K DR in the end. Not that it matters much when there are no clean races to aim for :/

@Sven Jurgens yesterday night was just perfect. The fact that we could stay together and fight the whole race was awesome. Most of the time one of us get unlucky along the way but not this time. Having a trustworthy opponent is precious in this game.

I'm trying to get some new trustworthy friends now that many of them are on GT7, sometime I can recall the name but I don't remember the reason, dirty or clean.

Today was up and down. Beginning of the day was better than the afternoon. Got the feel for the wheel after a couple of races but still 0.7 off my DS4 pace. Only manage 2 laps in the 1:40 in today's rmany races. On DS4, I can get in 1.40 at least 1 lap per race.

I do flash blinkers sometimes when I overtake a car that in sketchy places.

@Mc_Yavel On Monday I had quite a few of those races, hence my earlier enthusiasm. Other names I had great races with were Mundo_Monstro, Sprintr64 and MasterMiller76, long multi lap (friendly) battles from start to finish.

Yet as the week went on, it went from 90% great races to about 10% today. And again I'm finding myself in the vicious loop of next race will redeem all the bad races before, can't quit while feeling down on the game. Yet when you find a great one, you want more which puts you back at risk of having to do another 5 lol.

It's a shame people come crashing through while you're being patient / have a respectful great clean battle with one or two other drivers. Either cars fighting in front or a crashed car coming from the back that feels the need to dive bomb 2 or 3 cars and the party is over.

Anwyay, I'm sure I'll dabble back in at some point. I'll stick to the mornings, worse matchmaking but still cleaner than afternoon and evening. Just feeling quite down on the game today, had a lot of time to play, found very little fun. Time to watch that replay of that race we did together :)

Golden rule of GTS/GT7, don't play when the schools are out!

And of course when N24 is on, I'm on. No bad drivers can stop me from enjoying that track :lol:

Next day: See I couldn't stay away, but I did turn it off after one race! I'm glad it was a good one, no big fights on the track that I saw. (One car pushing some bad passers out of the way, cleared a couple cars out of my way before I passed him) Great to see all the good drivers finished top 6!

I'm feeling the 9AM EST slot as the best time to race. A bit earlier and the DR spread is too wide with often lower SR joining the mix. A bit later and more fast people get on at the risk of them sending one down the ranks who then has to bulldoze back to the front. 9AM is just on that transition from too few entries to too many trying to get easy pole to flag DR.

Thanks for the race @Mc_Yavel! You're already fast in that McLaren F1. I tried it yesterday and yep those brakes need a little more time to stop that car. Not great when a car is right behind you, but a lot easier to make draft passes on the straight with.

Last edited:
@Sven Jurgens it was a surprise to see you this morning and since the race went well it was even more a surprise to not see you in the next. Just like you said, too early and you barely have a full grid and you get all DR SR spread in the room. This is how i got my win earlier this week, we were only 10 in the room. the sweet spot is 9 to 14h30 but the chance of winning it from the back are thin.

In my first race with McLaren this morning I manage a fastest lap of 1.40.7 in clean air. So right from the start I could beat my best lap of the many races with the GTR. I thought there would be more laptime to come but nope, couldn't get under 1.41 in the two races I did after. Except the braking, it's an easy car car to drive, I can go TCS 0 which I don't normally do with GR.3 cars. The GTR is quite the opposite under acceleration, you have to be gentle. I used TCS 2 on my wheel yesterday, TCS 1 on DS4.

Couple of good result

52136679019_b13573af74_z.jpg

@Mc_Yavel Great results!

It was hard not to automatically enter the next race :lol: But I exercised my will power for once and stuck to the plan! Kept repeating to myself, these races are here for another 3 weeks at least, no rush!

I tried the McLaren yesterday afternoon and while it's a very nice drive, the rooms were too dirty to get any clean laps in. I have to try it on TCS 0, see how that goes. I did try TCS 0 with the GTR :banghead: That's how well that went.

I still like the Vette the best, yet I see the V12 Vantage is also a contender. Worth checking out. Maybe I'll be on tomorrow morning, maybe I'll sleep in after binge watching Stranger Things 4 tonight :dopey:

Welcome aboard!

Since they released GT7, the daily races for GTSport are posted for a month. The current round should be good through around July 4th or so.

If you are playing GT7, those should change weekly. Also, and if you are playing GT7, there's a separate discussion for those events that can be found here.

:cheers:

Well now they're changing every 4 weeks I believe since gt7 came out. Also the online time trials last over 27-30 days at a time.

Back