Daily Races with Friends, Fridays @ 9pm EST. All Drivers Welcome.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 3,898 comments
Highlights from Interlagos. :D

Missed the last race by a few minutes. :guilty:

Uhhh...
Screenshot 2020-10-24 164947.png

Interesting. Thanks Drex.

+According to YT, only blocked in Japan and US. The song I used was Brazil performed by Enric Madriguera & His Orchestra.

But it's not the song that it's telling me is blocked. A claim was made by If You'd Stay the Way I Dream About You by Carmen McRae. I don't think I've ever heard that song before.

The notice popped up quick. Like 1-2 minutes. It's too bad they can't tell you before it publishes. Anyways just interesting stuff. They give you all this info. Pretty neat.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to skip tonight's races. I've not turned any laps this week. I found out my cockpit was arriving this week and I've been moving things around to accommodate it. Which led to some spring (summer) cleaning. So it showed up yesterday and I worked on it last night. I'm going to try to finish it today. Also I still have to make a trip to the junk yard to find a seat. Maybe I'll try to pop in for the bonus races.

I snagged the 16th spot when I joined 30 minutes early. Parked it while I wolfed down dinner in 10 minutes. Also was snacking the rest of the night. Hence mic was unplugged most of the night. Wasn't ignoring, was concentrating and chewing. :D

+ Highlight music video of RBR.

++ Highlights of DT Seaside Race2.

Last edited:
Even though I wasn’t there last night, I’ve decided that I will not use my microphone the next time I join. Testing to see if my console or internet connection have trouble doing both racing and the party chat. Of course, that could be a moot point because I upgraded the speed of internet that I pay for.

Even though I wasn’t there last night, I’ve decided that I will not use my microphone the next time I join. Testing to see if my console or internet connection have trouble doing both racing and the party chat. Of course, that could be a moot point because I upgraded the speed of internet that I pay for.
Connection speed is likely not the issue anyway, it's perfectly possible to have acceptable game performance with voice chat running on a 1Mb/s connection. Connection stability can be an issue. Causes of instability include all sorts of stuff between you and the server that is outside the control of you or your service provider. The principal causes in your home are playing over wifi and/or downloads/streams running (especially downloads) while you're playing. The downloads issue is not just you, it's anyone sharing the same connection.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed last night's races. That bonus race is one I would have enjoyed.

Connection speed is likely not the issue anyway, it's perfectly possible to have acceptable game performance with voice chat running on a 1Mb/s connection. Connection stability can be an issue. Causes of instability include all sorts of stuff between you and the server that is outside the control of you or your service provider. The principal causes in your home are playing over wifi and/or downloads/streams running (especially downloads) while you're playing. The downloads issue is not just you, it's anyone sharing the same connection.

The last time I was in the lobby, the GF was streaming some TV show on a tablet. I'd hate to think that my connection has to be solely focused on the PS4. But, I haven't done a lobby since ponying up for that faster service, so I might fare better the next time I'm in.

Back