Daily Races with Friends, Fridays @ 9pm EST. All Drivers Welcome.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 3,898 comments
I was thinking of a couple of combos:

Gr4 at Willow or Brands Hatch.

Willow has some nice straights and because of the dirt and track limits, you super fast guys would have to be careful not to go off, which would keep us mere mortals in the race.

Brands Hatch, short and classic track, potential for some dangerous crashes and damage, so again, fast and aggressive driving could force you to have to pit of you're not careful. Also, hard to just run away because of the track length.

Gr3 - Dragon Trails Seaside, plenty of trouble (Chicane of Doom) and straights for over taking. Could be a little on the long side as far as being able to just run away with the race.

GR 3 - Monza. Enough said :-) seems to have become a forgotten track, sadly.

Hello! First time posting here on :gtpflag:!
I've bought Gran Turismo Sport after having played and completed to 100% all the previous installments in the series and I've been loving the game from the little time I've played. It is very much indeed a big step-up from Gran Turismo 6 and it's super enjoyable to drive and race in it, and I've only been doing it against the AI!

I would love to step up to online racing in a chill and more care-free environment before I go onto Sport Mode (and maybe FIA events!). I would say my racecraft is good, but I have never raced online in Sport (only in GT5, good times, those! :lol:).

Only problem is the time-frame, 9pm EST is about 3 a.m. for me! :banghead: But no matter. Saturdays were made for late-nites! :lol:

Hello! First time posting here on :gtpflag:!
I've bought Gran Turismo Sport after having played and completed to 100% all the previous installments in the series and I've been loving the game from the little time I've played. It is very much indeed a big step-up from Gran Turismo 6 and it's super enjoyable to drive and race in it, and I've only been doing it against the AI!

I would love to step up to online racing in a chill and more care-free environment before I go onto Sport Mode (and maybe FIA events!). I would say my racecraft is good, but I have never raced online in Sport (only in GT5, good times, those! :lol:).

Only problem is the time-frame, 9pm EST is about 3 a.m. for me! :banghead: But no matter. Saturdays were made for late-nites! :lol:

Hey man, you’re more than welcome to join us any time. Just shoot me a friend request on PSN(CnF_Pigems) so you’ll be able to see/join the rooms when they open. I hope you’re able to join us this weekend. Also, Welcome to GTP. :cheers:

Hey man, you’re more than welcome to join us any time. Just shoot me a friend request on PSN(CnF_Pigems) so you’ll be able to see/join the rooms when they open. I hope you’re able to join us this weekend. Also, Welcome to GTP. :cheers:

Thanks, mate! Are the races going to be on Friday or Saturday after all? And what races will we be doing? (I ask because I'm probably only going to be able to participate on Gr.3 / Gr.4 / N300 / Kart races, my garage is so empty! :lol:)

Anyway, I'll shoot a friend request when I get home. My PSN ID is GTBlackmore. Hope we can have a good time on track! :cheers:

Thanks, mate! Are the races going to be on Friday or Saturday after all? And what races will we be doing? (I ask because I'm probably only going to be able to participate on Gr.3 / Gr.4 / N300 / Kart races, my garage is so empty! :lol:)

Anyway, I'll shoot a friend request when I get home. My PSN ID is GTBlackmore. Hope we can have a good time on track! :cheers:

They will continue to be on Saturdays as of now, we’ll wait for more feedback from everyone before making any changes to the race days.

As for what races we do, we do two runs of each of that weeks Daily Sport Mode Races, then second race of each set is a reverse starting grid based on the previous races results, then we do 3 Bonus Races afterwards for anyone who wants to stick around for some more fun. So 9 in total, it usually takes around 2/2.5 hours total. :)

Last edited:

Welcome to GTP, and I second the motion.... when is it go time? The first 6 races will be two races each of the current daily races, with the second race of each set being reverse grid... you finish last in race 1 you start on pole race 2.. unless people turn up and have missed race 1, they start up front. After the dailies @Pigems throws in 3 bonus races which can be total mayhem.

Edit: @Pigems beat me to it :lol:.

Edit2: @GOTMAXPOWER I *will* have my way with your ghost! :P

Last edited:
I will buy the Super Bee so I can complete the Stars and Stripes event in GT League (yes I do those! :lol:) and participate if I'm lucky enough to get in a lobby. Never been amazing with old muscle cars though! :ill:

And what manufacturer would you peeps say is best for a beginner? I am no newbie to GT or racing in general but I'm not quite used to the physics just yet, gonna take a bit more practice to get it dialed in. I was eyeing either Mazda, Mercedes-Benz or McLaren but I ain't sure!

I will buy the Super Bee so I can complete the Stars and Stripes event in GT League (yes I do those! :lol:) and participate if I'm lucky enough to get in a lobby. Never been amazing with old muscle cars though! :ill:

And what manufacturer would you peeps say is best for a beginner? I am no newbie to GT or racing in general but I'm not quite used to the physics just yet, gonna take a bit more practice to get it dialed in. I was eyeing either Mazda, Mercedes-Benz or McLaren but I ain't sure!

I’ll suggest playing thru the Track Experience and Missions first, it will help to build up money and prize cars quickly for you. You don’t win any cars in GT League in this game for some reason. :)

I’ll suggest playing thru the Track Experience and Missions first, it will help to build up money and prize cars quickly for you. You don’t win any cars in GT League in this game for some reason. :)

Thanks for the tip! Will certainly do so when I get the chance to play. I opened a thread about the manufacturers and I'm torn between Mazda and Mercedes-Benz :ill:

Do your lobbies usually fill up quickly? My internet isn't the best so... eh! :D

Edit: @Pigems I've shot you the friend request, mate! Thanks for answering so quickly to my posts :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! Will certainly do so when I get the chance to play. I opened a thread about the manufacturers and I'm torn between Mazda and Mercedes-Benz :ill:

Do your lobbies usually fill up quickly? My internet isn't the best so... eh! :D

Edit: @Pigems I've shot you the friend request, mate! Thanks for answering so quickly to my posts :cheers:

Received and accepted. There is usually always a spot or two available. Typically we get around 10-15 guys, it usually starts off with maybe 5-8 guys, peaks around 10-15 and then tapers off a little by the time we do the Bonus Races. We have a lot of fun though, and everyone is super friendly. :)

I do work Saturdays,but I could push it to 11 PM EST Friday night.Being a little bit late Saturday morning is not a big deal .I'm the BOSS :D

Sweet! Hopefully the boss goes easy on you for being late, just make sure to bring him a coffee. ;)

I usually work nights so I jump in whenever I have Sats off. But sometimes I'm off Fri, so I'm good with whatever you choose. If I could make a suggestion for tomorrow as I will be able to make it. I know you used the ZL1 last week, but that car is so much fun on the Nürburgring. SH tires slide some which is a lot of fun while SS the car is more planted. As I said just a suggestion. I'm just happy I'll get to race with you guys as it's been awhile. See ya on the track.

Happy Saturday Everyone! :D We’ve got a great batch of races this week so it should be a lot of fun, I hope to see you all out there tonight. :cheers:

@SpaceMaN47y0 @fastone371 @Dairyworker @sturk0167 @Sven Jurgens @dlshearon @Groundfish @Vegard @Gersicer @tariklehaine @Flash_Sweden @05XR8 @JohnEB @DesertPenguin @Tea_Leaves @Invisigoth @suprajef @CrimsonKing @Stencedaddy @seadog777 @Trone_Colby @K1LLD0z3R @VolkswagenX @NosOsH @Bass Addict @JoeyLeonine @Qyn @FloridaFanGT @golfer07840 @whiteusagi @MaxAttack @Chevy Heavy @viper al @Mistah_MCA @GOTMAXPOWER @O604 @GTPvw_slc @Kevstah2004 @DelboyD @Tom Blackmore

Tonight’s Bonus Races will be...

Bonus Race #1 - One Make, Gr.4 Lamborghini Huracán on RH Tires at GoodWood for 5 Laps.

Bonus Race #2 - One Make, Gr.3 Mustang on RM Tires at Monza for 4 laps.

Bonus Race #3 - Race #3’s Car and Track will be determined by the Random Number Generator at the time of the race, the super expensive cars won’t be included so don’t worry about having to spend a bunch of credits. This should make for a really fun way to end the night with no one having a chance to practice for the race before hand. :)

Good evening chaps,

I had hoped to join but got involved in a party with Russians last night. There was much drinking and I am in a fragile state.

Maybe next week.

Ciao

For some reason GTPlanet didn't give me any thread notifications for the last week, Friday and Saturday are fine for me since they're the weekend (I haven't tried it yet but I probably can't stay up until 5am on a weekday). If anything moving to Friday's would mean less IndyCar/NASCAR night race clashes.

Bonus Race #3 - Race #3’s Car and Track will be determined by the Random Number Generator at the time of the race.

I'm fairly sure that is how Race A is decided by PD too.

Since I'm usually at work on Saturdays until you guys are on the second race C, or later, I hope somebody will use my rusty Dodge for race A. 👍 :)

Last edited:
Back