Daily Races with Friends, Fridays @ 9pm EST. All Drivers Welcome.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 3,898 comments
Mixed bag tonight. Sorry @Invisigoth for punting you off at Autopolis

No problem. At the lobby races I know there's no ill intent, **** happens, I still had fun 👍. Probably a safe idea passing on the DT. Every one made it through the first chicane and the corner after that.... and then there was the next corner. Yeh, some moron in a bright yellow RX7 shaped missile neglected to take into account the large group of cars that would be bunched up to negotiate the tight corner. Imagine the yellow RX-7 as a bowling ball and the group of RX-7s and Supras a head as pins....... I sowwy everybun :guilty:.

Mixed bag tonight. Sorry @Invisigoth for punting you off at Autopolis and @sturk0167 for punting you off at Big Willow :ouch:. Autopolis not my cup of tea, nor FF cars. After Willow I figured it would be safer not to mess around on sports tires at DT Seaside :lol:

Some lag shunting messed up the 2nd Nord race while the first one I ended up out in front by myself. A new experience this week, as well as going full out in the first section. You pretty much never get to do that when you don't qualify in sport mode. Hence I'm always faster at the second part of the track, more practice there.

Unfortunately stuff came up and I completely missed both Sarthe races. Next time!!
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure it was my fault. I got hit in that same place 2 laps in a row because I was braking too early, I guess.
Could be because instead of warming up and getting to know the car, I was driving through the desert and hitting jumps. :lol:

Last edited:
All replays are now shared, they’re all tagged GTP and a WeeklyRaces. :cheers:

10B60E92-8CE1-483B-A84D-B34219DC9D3E.png
7ED0D283-63CF-4895-BADD-931BCC90223E.png
D3C01960-2362-4FC4-B175-6DB1370747C5.png
18845A20-FD92-4A4D-85A9-F1F74C16CC20.png
708F2A93-AD30-4B70-8B1D-0BFCC38B9B4E.png
3B7F637F-2C65-4409-A8E1-BEB1A1A6EEB6.png
50EB59DD-4405-46A9-8C14-AE6072031254.png
3A6E948C-3EE0-41CF-B005-CDD28DC9D41D.png
3BEEBA4D-95B9-447A-86A0-7AA35EFBD982.png
1128D472-B0AD-4B4A-94D2-20DBD0F9C876.png
D343791B-E468-410C-9029-9767C458AD65.png
D8657410-152B-4D9A-B931-BD64D2BA9E3D.png
01E31A0B-C2D6-4297-A34C-2F9E94A369A7.png
8ECF74AD-7249-48D2-889E-A7209CFE278B.png
CCC6F561-7588-4C76-AD03-A5B1CB847B56.png
42B77944-0486-4EA9-AE2D-612483D25892.png
CA503E27-6246-4CC6-9066-25E97460E89F.png
56001DC8-953E-461D-A096-6246DAF96FB6.png
7484BDC9-74EF-4ACA-BEE6-786C75C509C5.png
49FD0DE4-0E08-48B1-A21D-B9AAB8273833.png

So was @Sven Jurgens. I had a good view of a pretty big one. :lol:

Yep, I was testing the track limits in lobby mode, there are none! :lol: I wonder where it still counts as completing a sector and if you can simply do tight circles in the middle like in GT5 under the Tokyo track glitch. That was a fast way to earn credits, 999 laps drifting in circles with 15 other cars underneath the autobahn.

Some lag shunting messed up the 2nd Nord race while the first one I ended up out in front by myself. A new experience this week, as well as going full out in the first section. You pretty much never get to do that when you don't qualify in sport mode. Hence I'm always faster at the second part of the track, more practice there.
I think Pigems replay is pretty close to what I saw at the time in the 2nd race, we were nowhere near each other when we touched. Pure lag. The Evo is an interesting car, it's nice and fun to drive until you get into 5th gear, then it is absolute *****. The gear is so long it feels like you have no power.

There were some really good races last night, I think my favourite was R2 at Le Mans, it was a flat out chase from start to finish trying to catch @sturk0167 before the end.

I think Pigems replay is pretty close to what I saw at the time in the 2nd race, we were nowhere near each other when we touched. Pure lag. The Evo is an interesting car, it's nice and fun to drive until you get into 5th gear, then it is absolute *****. The gear is so long it feels like you have no power.

There were some really good races last night, I think my favourite was R2 at Le Mans, it was a flat out chase from start to finish trying to catch @sturk0167 before the end.

Yeah I figured, it was weird, car wouldn't turn at all and cars were jumping about sideways. Probably my isp screwing me over. It tends to do that now and then and the whole field of cars suddenly shimmies left or right. It's bizarre when it happens, luckily not very often.

And yep 5th gear, so slow!

Yeah, from my view point it didn’t look like there was any contact, even in the race. It looked to me like Max went a bit wide and caught his outside wheels on the grass. :)

Last edited:
Yep, I was testing the track limits in lobby mode, there are none! :lol: I wonder where it still counts as completing a sector and if you can simply do tight circles in the middle like in GT5 under the Tokyo track glitch. That was a fast way to earn credits, 999 laps drifting in circles with 15 other cars underneath the autobahn.
I have spent a good deal of time testing Willow in lobby mode to see where you actually have to go in order for a lap to be counted. I wanted to do a race on the infield. The only way I could get it to count the laps is if I went through all the sector checkpoints.
One thing I found that does work, is a race that goes around the outside of the track. You can race through the dirt all the way around the track, except you will have to cross the asphalt at the pit entrance and pit exit, and it will count laps (@Pigems, bonus race idea). :D

Yeah, that was a good race. I got lucky that I just entered the lobby, and was awarded the pole. I was thinking I needed to get a big lead before you passed P2 and had a clear track to run me down. I didn't think you'd make it to 2nd so quickly. You were in 4th or 5th, then after the one of the corners, all of a sudden you were in 2nd. My lead was not nearly big enough, at that point. :lol:
I still haven't figured out how to quickly get around that first right-hander of the Dunlop curves. :dunce: I think that's where you got me.
Nicely done. 👍

Last edited:
Happy Saturday everyone! I’ll have the Bonus Race info posted shortly, I’m just getting home. Had to change the front brakes on the Pimpala this morning, fun! :lol:

Alllllrighry then, the Theme for tonight’s Bonus Races is, New is Always Better. It will feature 3/4 of the new cars we got in the update this week. :)

442FBD81-2368-4C40-8269-7C9DFE4DB5C5.jpeg

The Bonus Races for Tonight will be..

Bonus Race #1
Dodge Super Bee @ The Streets of Willow Springs, 5 Laps on Sports Hard Tires, Stock Specs.

Bonus Race #2
Ferrari 365 GTB4 @ Lago Maggiore East, 5 Laps on Sports Medium Tires, Stock Specs.

Bonus Race #3
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE @ Tokyo East Inner Loop, 3 Laps on Heavy Wet Tires @ Night, Stock Specs.

FF012D54-F3B4-41C6-A352-6967AB995B25.jpeg

@SpaceMaN47y0 @fastone371 @Dairyworker @sturk0167 @Sven Jurgens @dlshearon @Groundfish @Vegard @Gersicer @tariklehaine @Flash_Sweden @05XR8 @JohnEB @DesertPenguin @Tea_Leaves @Invisigoth @suprajef @CrimsonKing @Stencedaddy @seadog777 @Trone_Colby @K1LLD0z3R @VolkswagenX @NosOsH @Bass Addict @JoeyLeonine @Qyn @FloridaFanGT @golfer07840 @whiteusagi @MaxAttack @Chevy Heavy @viper al @Mistah_MCA @GOTMAXPOWER @O604

I hope to see as many of you guys out there tonight as possible, it should be a really fun evening of racing. Happy Saturday Everyone! :cheers:

Alllllrighry then, the Theme for tonight’s Bonus Races is, New is Always Better. It will feature 3/4 of the new cars we got in the update this week. :)

View attachment 854142

Bonus Race #1
Dodge Super Bee @ The Streets of Willow Springs, 5 Laps on Sports Hard Tires, Stock Specs.

Bonus Race #2
Ferrari 365 GTB4 @ Lago Maggiore East, 5 Laps on Sports Medium Tires, Stock Specs.

Bonus Race #3
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE @ Tokyo East Inner Loop, 3 Laps on Heavy Wet Tires @ Night, Stock Specs.

View attachment 854141

@SpaceMaN47y0 @fastone371 @Dairyworker @sturk0167 @Sven Jurgens @dlshearon @Groundfish @Vegard @Gersicer @tariklehaine @Flash_Sweden @05XR8 @JohnEB @DesertPenguin @Tea_Leaves @Invisigoth @suprajef @CrimsonKing @Stencedaddy @seadog777 @Trone_Colby @K1LLD0z3R @VolkswagenX @NosOsH @Bass Addict @JoeyLeonine @Qyn @FloridaFanGT @golfer07840 @whiteusagi @MaxAttack @Chevy Heavy @viper al @Mistah_MCA @GOTMAXPOWER @O604

I hope to see as many of you guys out there tonight as possible, it should be a really fun evening of racing. Happy Saturday Everyone! :cheers:
For a street car, that new Camaro is a beast. It hits almost 200 mph on the straight!

That final race was one of the most fun drives I've had on this game, the field was spread out from the start crash but just driving the car alone was cool enough, I'm not sure how well the replay picks it up but every corner it was sliding around without being uncontrollable. TCS off is fun!

View attachment 854142

Bonus Race #1

Bonus Race #2

Bonus Race #3

View attachment 854141

I fell asleep lol. I see you did the camaro race i requested. Although not on the fun loop south inner lol. The only good tokyo loop imo. Doesnt matter since I missed it like a bozo anyways.

I'm posting this here because after all, we're amongst friends :)

Would anyone have any interest in doing a proper race? A 30/40 lapper with proper Tire/Fuel wear, damage on, with qualifying, etc?

Sometimes I get bored with the sprint races online and doing a longer race with the AI can be a bit of a snoozefest.

I would do it with the right combo for sure, especially with you guys. My only gripe with longer races is that they usually just end up with the pack spreading out after the first 4/6 laps and the rest of the time gets spent on chasing gaps on the board instead of door to door racing. It’s hard to find a combo of tire/fuel/laps that allows for different strategies to be properly used and still be fun to race.

The upcoming MFG race would be a good model for making longer races more interesting I think. It's 30 laps at Maggiore Center II. I forget what the tire wear and fuel multipliers are, but both are a factor in the race. It can be a one-stop or two-stop successfully, and both hard and medium tires are available. I think the key is making the tire and fuel multipliers just right so that multiple strategies can be used. And also the race being at a short track helps the close racing. Even if the field does spread out (it will) there's a good chance that we'll all come together again closer to the end of the race when all the strategies start to materialize. Make that same combo 40-50 laps, and you've got one hell of a race. Also, turn off ghosting of lapped cars so it seems more real.

edit: count me in, whenever this does happen.

The upcoming MFG race would be a good model for making longer races more interesting I think. It's 30 laps at Maggiore Center II. I forget what the tire wear and fuel multipliers are, but both are a factor in the race. It can be a one-stop or two-stop successfully, and both hard and medium tires are available. I think the key is making the tire and fuel multipliers just right so that multiple strategies can be used. And also the race being at a short track helps the close racing. Even if the field does spread out (it will) there's a good chance that we'll all come together again closer to the end of the race when all the strategies start to materialize. Make that same combo 40-50 laps, and you've got one hell of a race. Also, turn off ghosting of lapped cars so it seems more real.

edit: count me in, whenever this does happen.

That does sound like it could be fun, I’d be down for something like that. Is it Gr3 or Gr4 cars they are using for the MFG race?

That does sound like it could be fun, I’d be down for something like that. Is it Gr3 or Gr4 cars they are using for the MFG race?

That one is Gr.3.

I haven't participated yet in this season of FIA races but I've watched them all streaming online and wow, they look really fun. I'm excited to participate in the remaining rounds. It seems that Polyphony really got it right this time around with longer races, better multipliers, strategy options, mandatory tire requirements, etc. and most of the top racers are really loving it right now. I expect I will too. it might be good to get some ideas from the FIA schedule for planning these types of races.

Back