Daily Races with Friends, Fridays @ 9pm EST. All Drivers Welcome.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 3,898 comments
I too have a tale to tell... a couple actually. But first, a couple of pics to prove how manly I am!

Me being manly side by side :

20200105115828.jpg

And here's a better look at the macho mobile:

20200105115805.jpg

As you can see, making full use of the adaptability of the new DRWF number plate :lol:.

And now.. a pictorial story time. I have two stories from the final race. WARNING: There are a few pics :P.

Our first story begins with the villains of our story. @Pigems and @NoStopN . Here's the first pic. Sure, they look like they are rivals, but don't let that fool you. This is a conspiracy 🤬🤬 it!

20200105120036.jpg

And so it begins! @Pigems lining up on me :eek:.

20200105115901.jpg

And then @NoStopN :

20200105121535.jpg

And now for a second tale. This next story points out the flaw with the premise behind NASCAR. For those unaware, NASCAR traces it's roots to the bootleggers of the American prohibition era.

Oh crap! It's Sheriff Rosco P Coltrain! :nervous: :

20200105115913.jpg

WTF? He's *still* with me? :scared::

20200105115923.jpg

And here's why the whole idea of NASCAR is stupid. Even someone as dumb as Rosco can figure out what to do about a bootlegger driving around and around a circuit with a boot full of shine:

20200105120023.jpg

Thus endeth the lesson :lol:. :crazy::dopey::dunce::gtpflag:

I too have a tale to tell... a couple actually. But first, a couple of pics to prove how manly I am!

Me being manly side by side :

View attachment 878808

And here's a better look at the macho mobile:

View attachment 878809

As you can see, making full use of the adaptability of the new DRWF number plate :lol:.

And now.. a pictorial story time. I have two stories from the final race. WARNING: There are a few pics :P.

Our first story begins with the villains of our story. @Pigems and @NoStopN . Here's the first pic. Sure, they look like they are rivals, but don't let that fool you. This is a conspiracy 🤬🤬 it!

View attachment 878812

View attachment 878813

And then @NoStopN :

View attachment 878814

And now for a second tale. This next story points out the flaw with the premise behind NASCAR. For those unaware, NASCAR traces it's roots to the bootleggers of the American prohibition era.

View attachment 878817

View attachment 878820

And here's why the whole idea of NASCAR is stupid. Even someone as dumb as Rosco can figure out what to do about a bootlegger driving around and around a circuit with a boot full of shine:

View attachment 878821

Not sure if you were listening in on the chat last night, but I made a remark that was something like "Holy ****. It looks like Invisigoth has gotten good!" :lol:
I couldn't catch you in the Gr.2 car (not that I'm all that good).

Not sure if you were listening in on the chat last night, but I made a remark that was something like "Holy ****. It looks like Invisigoth has gotten good!" :lol:

Nah mate, my driving is more arse than class. I think you were just distracted by the livery :lol:. I have no idea about voice chat. I haven't realy explored the PS4. I've used it for screen shots, watching Netflix, and playing GTS. I only bought it to play GTS, I had no idea what else it could be used for :crazy:. Still don't! :lol:

View attachment 878813
Pretty inconsiderate of you there making him have to go that far off track just to get to you.

Oh crap! It's Sheriff Rosco P Coltrain! :

View attachment 878821
Just aim for the stack of hay bales and you'll jump right over him.

Also, your F50 livery needs tassels hanging off the mirrors.

👍

Total noob question but why does the PS4 mic have only one earbud? I tried using it for the 1st time yesterday. Never thought I'd use it.

Couldn't figure out how to use the mic + get stereo game sound. Wish I could use my phone earbuds. I guess I'll keep my eyes out for a gaming headset.

I used mine for the first time last night also. They had disappeared since I bought the PS4 back in June 2018 until about 4 weeks ago when I set up the bigger big screen. And I hadn't thought about using headphones from a cell phone. The ones I mentioned earlier that I bought last year wrap around the ear for a more secure fit, so those will get the first call next week. Also, I just wanted to say that it feels really stupid to sit a PS4 controller next to me just to plug in headphones. :lol:

And while I was looking for those headphones, I found some other BT style transmitter that I might play with sometime. :D

Going to have to try this out next time I get in there. Will be using the good PS4 standard crap ones. Actually had a decent plug in set audio wise come with my phone but the mic broke so i rewired and taped them up.:guilty:

For anybody in the US, these are the ones I bought. I still haven't checked them to see if they'll work in party chat, so if you want to wait until I check them out next Friday, it might save you a headache. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H3CQ64Q/?tag=gtplanet-20

I heard you say that. I wasn't close enough to verify that, but the most that I remember of you last night was how you were behind me at Fuji.

View attachment 878817

View attachment 878820

View attachment 878821

:lol::lol: It really was much easier to catch you moonshiners once I started going around the track backwards.

:lol::lol: It really was much easier to catch you moonshiners once I started going around the track backwards.

Hehe it was a crack up. I put the General Lee on the wrong make. No one had any idea what liveries would be there. During the race I hadn't even noticed :crazy:. When I watched the replay and went " holy crap! Someone just drove through me going the wrong way!". I had to stop, rewind, then play one fame at a time. As soon as I saw it was the Sheriff, I said to myself "I know what I'm doing with this! " :lol:.

Only got in a few races last night but man they were good. Thanks everyone.

I like the reverse grid starts now. Before I was too slow and felt like I was in the way. It's a solid challenge now. Race 2 at Interlagos was really fun for me. Started out front and managed to finish up front with action all the way. Gave my self a pat on the back for keeping up with all of you.

Postcard from Brazil. :D

7134270257487675416_0.jpg
Me in the Merc there...

Happy Friday Fellas!! Quick update for tonight, the Bonus Races will be...

‘78 Trans Am on SS at Sardegna C, 6 Laps. Stock.

‘67 2000GT on SS at St.Croix B II, 2 Laps. Stock.

‘66 R8 Gordini @ Fishermans Ranch, 1 Laps. Stock.

Disclaimer: I may be off on the model years of the cars. :lol:

I just finished liverising ready for tomorrow. I think I nodded off in the middle of doing the Gordini :lol:. No racing for me tonight.. too sleepy :scared:. Since I put in the time, I can only assume that I will either have problems joining the lobby, my car will get stuck on the start line, or it will randomly turn off the track under auto drive :rolleyes:.

Evening fellas, if there's space I wouldn't mind dopping by tonight. Not done a single daily race this week though so will be totally out of practice and out of my depth (getting the excuses in early)....

...... but on that basis @Pigems if the room fills up feel free to kick me to make space for the normal crowd. 👍

Evening fellas, if there's space I wouldn't mind dopping by tonight. Not done a single daily race this week though so will be totally out of practice and out of my depth (getting the excuses in early)....

...... but on that basis @Pigems if the room fills up feel free to kick me to make space for the normal crowd. 👍

Anytime man!! If you’re in you can stay though, she’s first come first serve around these parts. :)

The 2000 GT is too beautiful to detract with one of my crappy liveries, so that's running in plain metallic copper. Don't think I own the Gordini, need to get the kids to bed so I can run some offline races and earn some cash. If only real life was so easy.

Oh HELL yes. I love the Gordini!!

4F52EECD-0356-4813-B473-F701B93F5871.jpeg

Last edited:
I just finished liverising ready for tomorrow. I think I nodded off in the middle of doing the Gordini :lol:. No racing for me tonight.. too sleepy :scared:. Since I put in the time, I can only assume that I will either have problems joining the lobby, my car will get stuck on the start line, or it will randomly turn off the track under auto drive :rolleyes:.

We all know that I'm the king of the rotten connection, but the last 2 weeks have been rock solid. When I bought my current modem/router (it multitasks :lol:), I just got it running & hooked onto the wifi. It turns out that the UPNP setting was off by default. After I found it, turned it back on, & power cycled the router, I haven't been stuck on a starting line since.

Also, putting together some special liveries for tonight.

And I thought I was going to have to sit out the R8 race. Turns out it was another "WTF am I going to do with that?" prize wheel car.

Last edited:
Back