Daily Races with Friends, Fridays @ 9pm EST. All Drivers Welcome.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 3,898 comments
Great fun despite coming last a lot, the trials and tribulations of (re)learning to drive with a wheel / pedals. Replays shared in game, I got disco'ed in the first Race C so that one is missing. Forgot to save the Pokey/Invisigoth special challenge :(

Everytime I mess up my brake point, your always there to catch me! My hero!

And the one race you D/C I did ok... hmmmmmm. Guess I just try harder when I don’t have Fudsy my E brake...

Everytime I mess up my brake point, your always there to catch me! My hero!

And the one race you D/C I did ok... hmmmmmm. Guess I just try harder when I don’t have Fudsy my E brake...
My favourite this round was @ Maggiore, bonus race 2. @Qyn nudges @Drex124 wide, who nudges @GOTMAXPOWER in to me, net result, me, Max & Drex go lawnmowing while Qyn gains a couple of places :crazy: :D.

Edit: I had to rewind the replay about four times to work out the sequence. This is why I'm reluctant to assign blame in dailies in the heat of the moment and revenge punt.

Last edited:
Lol I missed the braking zone hard in race A, race 2. Tried to cut across into the wall when I knew it happened, but I didn’t see in the chaos I cause if I managed to avoid you lol.
Replay shows you bumped my front right corner which was minor, but @Leftcurl saw that you hadn't managed to push me off track and with the help of a nudge on his rear bumper he hit my right rear corner and finished the job for you :crazy: :D

Hey guys, I know I miss a lot of the weekends due to real life, but I am watching the replays from last week for clips to do another video. Got a few songs currently left through my deranged and obscure music collection but running out of ideas. Any suggestions welcome. Although in honor of Bathurst I thought of king of the mountain, but think the midnight oil song is too well known.

Got a few songs currently left through my deranged and obscure music collection but running out of ideas. Any suggestions welcome. Although in honour of Bathurst I thought of king of the mountain, but think the midnight oil song is too well known.

Arn't there copyright issues with having songs that aren't public domain added to video clips?

Arn't there copyright issues with having songs that aren't public domain added to video clips?
There are, but there are some fair use rules that can help with getting to use some stuff when you add in minor tweaks for editing and adding value. It also helps using obscure stuff as they are often less likely to cause problems. Plus I like if I can get any additional word out for someone with good songs going unheard. I know it isn't foolproof but I also refuse to use anything I havent paid for, and since there is no profit involved there are more open areas. I do try to credit things, but to be honest I enjoy a good video edit once I have all the captures and they really need music. If I get pinged I will have to change I guess. I do try to cover my tail best I can though.

There are, but there are some fair use rules that can help with getting to use some stuff when you add in minor tweaks for editing and adding value. It also helps using obscure stuff as they are often less likely to cause problems. Plus I like if I can get any additional word out for someone with good songs going unheard. I know it isn't foolproof but I also refuse to use anything I havent paid for, and since there is no profit involved there are more open areas. I do try to credit things, but to be honest I enjoy a good video edit once I have all the captures and they really need music. If I get pinged I will have to change I guess. I do try to cover my tail best I can though.

Fair enough. I just wouldn't want you to get into trouble. We don't want Lars Urich breaking out another one of his Napster rants :rolleyes:.

Fair enough. I just wouldn't want you to get into trouble. We don't want Lars Urich breaking out another one of his Napster rants :rolleyes:.
From what I've seen, in cases where there's no monetisation and the channel doesn't have a lot of followers, YouTube simply delete the video and send the channel owner a warning, usually as a result of one of:
  • complaint from a viewer
  • automatic pattern recognition on the digital audio data (usually only happens on frequently "abused" titles).
For legal action, in most jurisdictions the copyright holder has to make a formal complaint to law enforcement, it's not YouTube's problem. The copyright holder generally don't bother with law enforcement unless the channel has a zillion followers and/or is monetised, but if it comes to their attention they will make a formal complaint to YouTube and may send the channel owner an ominously worded "cease & desist" solicitor's letter.

I don't believe YouTube have any obligation to notify the copyright holder of a suspected breach in most jurisdictions, and in cases where it's a user complaint they may even not know who the copyright holder is.

I've seen it alleged that YouTube only bother to pull stuff down because the copyright holder may lodge a legal complaint against them if they have a pattern of not pulling stuff down once notified. It's also been alleged that they've only bothered to set up the pattern recognition stuff because of legislatioin in some jurisdications regarding their duty of care.

I've not seen much info on how other streaming/social media services handle it, but due to the cost & complexity of monitoring and policing I don't imagine that there's much difference on any of the really big ones.

Last edited:
I have these in Gr.3 Road Car, you find them in N500 if anyone's looking:
  • Peugeot RCZ
  • Chev C7 'Vette
  • Mazda Atenza
  • Ford 'Stang
  • Alfa 4C

Swear I've been waiting 6 months for that Mustang road car to come up...

Looks like some fun combos guess I'm stuck driving a Corvette. I get a chance to bring out the Mark IV though. :) darn didn't notice the SF.

Last edited:
Back