DeadpoolMovies 

• Thread starter andrea
  • 156 comments
Just seen the movie and it's GOOD, really good. Great action scenes and the comedy is pure gold :lol:👍

I'm beyond upset I had to watch this movie while hearing some kids in their early-teens talk all the way through it, especially after seeing you-know-what-scenes and thinking "WHY ARE THESE KIDS EVEN HERE TO BEGIN WITH".

Nevertheless, it was a very entertaining film, definitely on top of Iron Man 1 for me. So my top superhero movies are:

- Funny: Deadpool
- Serious: The Dark Knight Rises

I'm beyond upset I had to watch this movie while hearing some kids in their early-teens talk all the way through it, especially after seeing you-know-what-scenes and thinking "WHY ARE THESE KIDS EVEN HERE TO BEGIN WITH".

Nevertheless, it was a very entertaining film, definitely on top of Iron Man 1 for me. So my top superhero movies are:

- Funny: Deadpool
- Serious: The Dark Knight Rises
This is why me and the wife will wait to add it to our Marvel collection at home. So, to those who have seen it, "spoil" me rotten. It will be entertaining reading everyone's reviews.

P.s.- what is at the end credits?

This is why me and the wife will wait to add it to our Marvel collection at home. So, to those who have seen it, "spoil" me rotten. It will be entertaining reading everyone's reviews.

P.s.- what is at the end credits?

We didn't stay to the credits, to be honest. :/ Mostly because we don't watch Superhero movies, but this was an exception because the character is very special.

Anyways, one of my favorite jokes:

Do you know what they call "cancer" in Spanish? "El cáncer".

Oh and:

There's cocaine hidden in the apartment, right next to the cure for blindness.

To be honest, this film had far more memorable jokes than any other superhero movie I've seen.

Good film (just seen it). The only thing I found annoying, was some of the fellow cinema goers were very easily excited, finding hilarity in every single little thing.

The only reason more people didn't laugh at the jokes in our cinema was because most of them don't know english. A lot of jokes can't be understood without proper knowledge of the language, mostly the puns or double entedres.

I loved it and it's been the only Marvel movie to date that I didn't think was awful. Deadpool has been my favorite character since I got into comics and was really looking forward to the movie, I'm glad they didn't ruin it. I was slightly annoyed with the amount of kids there, the movie was rated R for a reason.

It's been some time since I've watched a cinema release that perfectly matched my expectations. Didn't go in expecting a masterpiece comic book origins adaptation, but they measured the meta humour and action as well as I could have hoped. Also incredibly relieved to know they didn't fluff this 'Revised Timeline' interpretation.

I thought the layout for the origin backstory was a tad ham fisted throughout the first half. Though with a character like Deadpool breaking 4th walls to give us the deets, you just accept it anyway.

I can almost guarantee you won't leave your seat without at least a dumb smile on your face or a warm sense of satisfaction.
I confess, i didn't laugh out loud but i wish i can. The audience here mostly didn't get the joke so the laughter aren't much. But i'm really satisfied about the movie. I feel like it's the best comic book adaptation and i really want to see it again.

I love it when :
-Ajax got away on the freeway and Deadpool shocked expression just hilarious.
- when Deadpool whispering praises to Dopinder for kidnapping Baddhu or whatever his name is.
- Spelling Francis with dead bodies.
- "Look away child !"
- "McAvoy or Stewart ? The timeline is confusing"
- Studio budget on X-Men characters
- "is it sexism to hit you or is it sexism not to hit you ? This is confusing"

Last edited:
Just saw this film. Thought it was brilliant.
I was a bit disappointed with Colossus, though. And I was hoping that there would be a butchered version of Wolverine like how there was a butchered version of Deadpool in X-Men Origins. Still, I really enjoyed it.

Best quote from the movie: “I’m about to do to you what Limp Bizkit did to music in the late ‘90s.” :lol:

The only reason more people didn't laugh at the jokes in our cinema was because most of them don't know english. A lot of jokes can't be understood without proper knowledge of the language, mostly the puns or double entedres.
There were lots of laugh out loud moments, but I really wish that the cinema had been empty. It was like watching a sitcom with doubled-up canned laughter.. except louder.

I confess, i didn't laugh out loud but i wish i can. The audience here mostly didn't get the joke so the laughter aren't much. But i'm really satisfied about the movie. I feel like it's the best comic book adaptation and i really want to see it again.

I love it when :
-Ajax got away on the freeway and Deadpool shocked expression just hilarious.
- when Deadpool whispering praises to Dopinder for kidnapping Baddhu or whatever his name is.
- Spelling Francis with dead bodies.
- "Look away child !"
- "McAvoy or Stewart ? The timeline is confusing"
- Studio budget on X-Men characters
- "is it sexism to hit you or is it sexism not to hit you ? This is confusing"
Those were the exact same parts I thought were the best.

Keep in mind I have never read any comic book at all so I did not know much about Deadpool. I absolutely LOVED this movie!! So much in fact I went home after the movie and bought the game. Then bought the pinball table for Pinball FX2. I don't think I have seen a theater bust out laughing this much at a movie ever. There were a lot of hilarious moments. More than any other Marvel or DC movie to this day. There were more funny lines and moments than I will ever be able to remember without seeing it again. Deadpool will be a day 1 purchase for me when it hits blu ray/ 3d. 👍👍

Last edited:
Saw the movie today in a lovely clear cinema.

Man this film was good:tup:

A few people walked out though. Guess the crude humour isn't for everyone.

Either way, I'm buying the blu ray when it comes out.

Had the day off so I went and saw this earlier today. Definitely an entertaining action flick and maybe the best opening credits of any movie :lol:

Worst parents/guardians of the year award goes to the 2 ladies who brought about 5 kids all well under the age of 10 to the movie. Like, holy crap people.

I love it when the Marvel logo comes up and that song starts playing :D

Yeah tell me about it. The age demographic inside the theater that is showing Deadpool is equal to those that was showing Despicable Me 2. Those kids didn't get all the jokes and the ones who laugh out loud are only like the 5% of the theater. Add to the fact that the movie got edited a lot that it ruined the theater experience. Everytime it got too violent (ex. that "turning the man into a kebab" scene) the movie would go closes up to some random stuff to cover the "violence".

Yeah it looks like a common theme here, the theatre I went to had a very loud crowd who seemed to think it was a stage show.

Either way Awesome movie loved it!

I was wondering how GTPlanet users felt about Wham! in the film since it was featured quite prominently, and here we have that annual "GTPlanet vs. Wham!" game.

Just sharing since kids in the theater seemed to be an issue.

image.jpeg

Just sharing since kids in the theater seemed to be an issue.

View attachment 515927

Issue seems to be those who decided to pro create but not think about the actions they take after said pro creation...

I mean, if anything a rated R label should be quite easy to distinguish in a category of movie known for at worst being PG-13. The last rated R film in the category I can think of was Blade trilogy.

It also doesn't help that the average theatre employee gives precisely zero poops about letting folks know about the warnings. Not that it really matters – if a parent wants to take their underage kid to a R movie, they can – but I've definitely noticed a lack of concern about child-suitability compared to, say, an EB games employee.

Saw it back on Valentines. I'm not sure it'll age well, especially for more casual fans, but I loved it. My girlfriend knew absolutely nothing about the character going in (she hasn't even seen the abomination that was Origins), yet really enjoyed it, and got all the necessary world details out of it. There is a dedication to the character on display here that puts other superhero movies to shame. I think it's also going to make life hard for the too-serious-by-half BvS film next month.

Glad to see it's a hit, not just for the character, but for Reynolds too. He deserves it.

Heard Fox greenlighted R rated X-Force with Deadpool as one of the members following this movie success.

Deadpool was always one of them, it's just who will be the leader of the team. Wolverine, Stryfe/Cable or maybe a spin on the comic with Deadpool as leader? We'll see.

It also doesn't help that the average theatre employee gives precisely zero poops about letting folks know about the warnings. Not that it really matters – if a parent wants to take their underage kid to a R movie, they can – but I've definitely noticed a lack of concern about child-suitability compared to, say, an EB games employee.

Saw it back on Valentines. I'm not sure it'll age well, especially for more casual fans, but I loved it. My girlfriend knew absolutely nothing about the character going in (she hasn't even seen the abomination that was Origins), yet really enjoyed it, and got all the necessary world details out of it. There is a dedication to the character on display here that puts other superhero movies to shame. I think it's also going to make life hard for the too-serious-by-half BvS film next month.

Glad to see it's a hit, not just for the character, but for Reynolds too. He deserves it.

The theater I go to has a policy that children under 6 aren't permitted in to R rated movies. I saw the women who brought the little kids out at the Guest Services counter before the movie and from what I could hear it sounded like the ticket window wouldn't sell them tickets for all the little kids they had with them so they wanted to argue with management. I'm not sure how you prove a kid is over 6 since it's not like they carry ID, but one way or another they ended up seeing the movie despite the very clear warnings they were given about the content. I'm not one to tell others how to raise their kids, and there are plenty of R rated movies that I could see parents being fine with because they don't care about a little swearing or whatever, but in my opinion Deadpool is a pretty horrible movie to show a preteen (and even a young teen would be debatable). Then there were also some pretty horrifying R rated trailers that played before the movie even started. Anyway, these kids didn't make a sound during the movie, so they had that going for them at least!

I was in pretty much the same camp as your girlfriend going in. Never was much of a comic reader growing up and I never got around to seeing Origins either so Deadpool was a totally unknown quantity to me. It might lose some of its humor once the jokes are dated but I think it will always still work as a very violent and fun action movie. My biggest complaint
would just be that Ajax isn't exactly the most exciting villain. The psychological torture that he puts Deadpool through definitely gives him a menacing quality but the "feels no pain" thing is a pretty weak "power" in superhero movies where nobody ever really acts like they feel the kind of pain that should accompany broken bones and blows to the head that would kill someone in real life.
They did a great job of satirizing superhero movies though without resorting to Scary Movie levels of stupid and Reynolds absolutely nailed it for his part. 👍

I was wondering how GTPlanet users felt about Wham! in the film since it was featured quite prominently, and here we have that annual "GTPlanet vs. Wham!" game.

According to this site, there's nothing from them in the soundtrack.

Back