DeadpoolMovies 

• Thread starter andrea
  • 156 comments
I've never been a fan of the character in the comics but I thought the movie was very well done. It's not the best Marvel movie for me but it's probably definitely the best Fox one.

Last edited:
2016-05-09 05.59.37.png

:D

You'll finally get to see it!
My wife is concerned that if I rip it onto my PLEX server that the kids will come across it and watch it when we're not around.

Enter in this (partially) genius idea from a friend - name the file something like Barney: Big World Adventures but my kids aren't that dumb. They'll know something is going on.

That's where my wife and her love for period British movies comes in. I name it after some chick flick that the kids would never touch, but my wife would conceivably have, and presto! Deadpool ripped and available for me anywhere without them knowing! :D

Until one of them grows to love period British films...

TB
My wife is concerned that if I rip it onto my PLEX server that the kids will come across it and watch it when we're not around.

Enter in this (partially) genius idea from a friend - name the file something like Barney: Big World Adventures but my kids aren't that dumb. They'll know something is going on.

That's where my wife and her love for period British movies comes in. I name it after some chick flick that the kids would never touch, but my wife would conceivably have, and presto! Deadpool ripped and available for me anywhere without them knowing! :D

Then one of your kids will grow to love Deadpool when older. :lol:

Then one of your kids will grow to love Deadpool when older. :lol:
Both of them already do (well, the PG rated cartoon version with Spider-Man (which IS awesome, by the way)), hence my wife's justifiable concern!

TB

Dead Pride and the Prejudice Pool

TB
That's right! You're about to be killed by a zamboni! You're going to die... in five minutes!
:lol:

And much to my surprise, my wife watched it with me. She was laughing at more than I was!
Glad you enjoyed it. It would have been the most twisted irony if you hated it after all this time.

So I just watched the deleted/extended scenes and majority are some of the most puzzling omissions I've probably watched in a movie yet.

They either genuinely add to the scene or play so heavily on what the rest of the movie ends up doing it probably would've ended up in an even better reaction than it already received.

Nathan Summers is coming.

Also, apparently there are two versions of the trailer? The one I got with Logan was the one with the music from some other superhero movie.

Last edited:
Nathan Summers is coming.

Also, apparently there are two versions of the trailer? The one I got with Logan was the one with the music from some other superhero movie.

I got the same version when i saw it in the theater as well, odd of them to not have the full version ft. Stan Lee

Curious to see if that was an actual easter egg on the phone booth or not. Cause if it was...that'd be an insane movie, and basically prove what was said earlier on about Cable.

Josh Brolin casted as Cable in a 4 picture deal with FOX. List of movies that are effectively greenlit as a result are as follows:

Deadpool 2 (filming)
Deadpool 3 (greenlit)
X-Force (Greenlit)

I like the way they did Collosus. I feel Cable needs to be a big guy. Josh Brolin isn't "Cable" big. John Cena is close to that size. Even Dave Bautista and Ray Horton(whatever his name is).

Well, I guess they'll bulk up Josh.

I like the way they did Collosus. I feel Cable needs to be a big guy. Josh Brolin isn't "Cable" big. John Cena is close to that size. Even Dave Bautista and Ray Horton(whatever his name is).

Well, I guess they'll bulk up Josh.

And Chris Evans, and Chris Hemsworth, and Hugh Jackman, and Ben Afleck, and Henry Cavill all weren't as big as their respective characters and yet got there. Don't see why Brolin can't. Brolin looks like Cable the others you listed do not. Cable isn't a full on alloy mutant being that needs tons of CGI to properly recreate, so even using their likeness and then CGI the rest of it to make a cable look alike is a waste of money.

So yes he'll bulk up and he's not that small to begin with mass wise, so it shouldn't be too hard.
Whatever works I suppose. I don't really care who plays Cable as long as they can play the character well.

I don't see why Brolin wouldn't be able to, he's great actor. And before the marvel stuff

From my perspective, Cable is different. All the other characters mentioned, I've seen since a small child. I saw Cable in comics only, from the early '90s. So, I feel it's like the Wolverine thing(which was just wrong once Hugh was cast), Magneto and Cyclops.

The other actors worked, because they are only a suit. Anyone and everyone have put on those suits(not saying it was a good thing). I will give X-Men a nod to Bishop and Warpath though.

And (I don't know about his acting skills) Randy Orton could look more like Cable than Brolin would like Cable.
images

images

Like I mentioned, we'll see.

Randy Orton as Cable

...No. Here's a sample of his acting abilities:

Brolin's good actor so no worries there. And him portraying two different roles in the Marvel universe shouldn't pose a big issue since Fox and Disney/Marvel aren't going to play nice all of a sudden anyways....

Back