Dear Kazunori,

• Thread starter GeeTeeFyve
  • 150 comments
Ok, stunts was a bad choice of words. what I ment was track conditions, weather, temperature, wind and maybe amount of sand/ice/water on road. My idea is like making your own (diabolical) license test where you and your friends online can compete on. You would choose track, choose start and end point, choose condtions, hazards.

how about the hardest part of Nurnburgring Nordschleife, midnight, 4 degrees celsius, Ice with water on top and storm wind...Good Luck ... Mohahahaha :D

It would be nice if PD could have real world time sitsuations. For exmaple if it's 10PM then when you go to race on any of the tracks it would reflect the correct time of day. Like most people have been suggesting weather would be nice imagine before the race it said there would be an 80% chance of rain and at anytime during the race it would start raining, maybe it could have some varartions like light to heavy rain or maybe not rain at all. That would be great cause it would add additional strategy for tire choices.

How about better engine sounds. I see this is not a very common request, but it is my #1 request. I want to see them record the car sounds on a dyno like Forza2, not just free revving the car in neutral. Especially, when they have all those free Spe's the PS3 has to handle extra complex sounds. We're not in the PS2 sound tech era, make GT5 sound next gen, like it should.

IMO the engine sounds have improved a great deal since GT4 and even the last GT5P free demo. There not perfect yet of course, but they do sound a lot better then before, especially if you turn up the sound effect in the option screen I have sest to 110 for sound levels:).

Yeah. If anything, engine sounds are pretty high on the list, with tire sounds mysteriously right behind them. It's almost as if people have fallen in love with those flabby low pressure Buick tires in Forza 2. Ew.

I have to say though that on my audiophile stereo system, the engine samples are pretty good. While the tire samples sound kind of like... a pterodactyl. :P

The 599 in GT5P doesnt sound too far off that, I bet with a good sound system/ headphones it would come close.

Really I think most the sounds in GT5P are pretty good, the tyre sounds have improved in variety, depending how hard they are being pushed, from a low scub to a high squeal.

Many complain about the Z06 sound but when compared to this

GT5P Z06 sound it is pretty close to real life

I assume this is a "wish list" topic so here it is:

I think they should add some kind of a "ranking" system into on-line mode.
I'm not thinking of all ready existing time trails, what I mean is RESISTANCE FALL OF MAN kind of a system.
So the stats could be:
- most used car, miles driven on-line, miles driven on-line with every car, number of wins, "world league" points table for every track (basically kind of multiple wins on the track), number of penalties, average speed etc etc.
All stats should have been accessible just via single 6X6 click, lobby system.

Sorry if all of this has already been pointed, I did not read the whole topic yet.

Classic Australian Muscle included please and HSVs also, so basically my question would be- "Can you please put in a better representation of Australian Cars?"

Just Bathurst, maybe Phillip Island, they're the 2 biggest globally recognised tracks we have- requesting others would be selfish.

Just Bathurst will do, atleast a couple current HSV's and FPV's is a must, with a few classics would be great.

I remember reading an article when Ford were filming the commercials for the BA Falcons that Polyphony Digital were at Bathurst getting track data and that was over 2 years ago.Don't ask me exactly where the article is but I distinctly remember thinking 'cool,PD are going to include Bathurst finally'.

I'm surprised on one else remembers this.

I remember it, that has been my hope I have been hanging onto for the last two years. :lol:

Just glad someone else remembers so I didn't imagine it.

Dear Kazunori-dono, one more thing.

I'd see about implementing a partial damage system like Forza 2 and other games have, if all the manufacturers don't agree to a full fledged damage system being used on their cars. I thin that would make most people content.

And I can't reiterate enough how much I desperately want a livery paint and decal shop along with body kits for race modding my cars. Forza's system is so good, and if you guys came up with one half that good, it would still push GT5 to the top of the pile.

Oh, and keep working on that car physics. We're counting on you making hermits out of us for a few months when we get your masterpiece. ;)

So you guys actually think Bathurst will be in there? AWESOME! Dear Kazunori, don't second guess yourself, you were on the right track- (get it, track? :lol:) Oh damn, I'm getting old person comedyitis. Any articles suggesting they were takin pics of a HK Monaro? Of course not so my original question must stand.

I would rather them include a HG GTS, but I can't be picky HK will do. :P

I do think Bathurst will be in as it is a world wide popular known track, but I don't want to assume to much and be dissapointed.

I don't care for it at all, I would prefer Adelaide street circuit well before Surfers Paradise.

I don't care for it at all, I would prefer Adelaide street circuit well before Surfers Paradise.
Yeah, Surfers' is way to cramped for racing. It was alright fifteen years ago, but not anymore.

And if we want "better representation" of Australian manufacturers, that means less Holdens and Fords and more Toyotas.

Yeah, Surfers' is way to cramped for racing. It was alright fifteen years ago, but not anymore.

And if we want "better representation" of Australian manufacturers, that means less Holdens and Fords and more Toyotas.

Judguing by the look on your face in your avatar and what you just said you must have fell out of a tree recently and hit your head. There is only one Toyota that is at least half Australian and that's the Aurion, no matter what you say, Australian cars have always been majorly misrepresented in games, there needs to be more of them and the right ones.

I do like Surfers being a Queenslander and they do race Champ cars there, the World Championship of motorsport but it's not really a world renowned circuit. Bathurst on the other hand is one of the top 3 circuits in the world, and that's no lie, therefore it should be in there.

I would rather them include a HG GTS, but I can't be picky HK will do.

I wouldn't mind whichever one was the fastest but the HK was the first so I just said that at the time, whichever one the boot fits would be fine by me, as long as there is at least one oldskool Monaro, oldskool Torana and oldskool Commodore (Walkinshaw anyone)

Judguing by the look on your face in your avatar and what you just said you must have fell out of a tree recently and hit your head. There is only one Toyota that is at least half Australian and that's the Aurion, no matter what you say, Australian cars have always been majorly misrepresented in games, there needs to be more of them and the right ones.
Like Holden? They're hardly Australian, given that they're owned by GM. And don't get me started on their V8 Supercars; the only thing that's Holden abut them is the bodyshell! Ford even build the rear diff assemblies for them! In my experience, most Holden fans are morons and boy racers. Holden is not Australian. It migt have started here and I respect that, but most of you are blind to the fact that they're owned by an American company. If you want the "right" Australian cars in the game, then look to stuff like the Toyota Aurion and Mitsubishi 380.

And the face in my avatar is actually far more Australian than the ute in yours. Since you seem to hae been living under a rock, it's Heath Ledger as the Joker.
I do like Surfers being a Queenslander and they do race Champ cars there, the World Championship of motorsport but it's not really a world renowned circuit. Bathurst on the other hand is one of the top 3 circuits in the world, and that's no lie, therefore it should be in there.
ChampCar should have left Surfers the year Fittipaldi had his accident. It's too narrow, too fast and has too few run-off areas.

:rolleyes: I wasn't aware that Mitsubishi and Toyota were Australian owned. Silly me.

Bathurst would be a good addition. Forza's representation wasn't too bad.

If you want the "right" Australian cars in the game, then look to stuff like the Toyota Aurion and Mitsubishi 380.

"right" Australian cars?

Ford Australia is financed from Ford US
Holden is financed from GM US
Toyota Australia is financed from Toyota Japan
Mitsubishi Australia is financed from Mitsubishi group Japan

.... I don't see much of a difference besides Holden originating in Australia from the start.

Ford designed and built its EA169 platform here in Australia..
Holden designed and built its all new Zeta platform here in Australia..
Toyota built current current cars in Australia based on overseas models...
Mitsubishi used the US Galant PS41 platform for its 380...

Now how is the current Aurion and 380 more (or "right") Australian than the current Commodore and Falcon?

I am personally not a fan of Holdens or Fords all that much, even though I have owned a couple.

Now how is the current Aurion and 380 more (or "right") Australian than the current Commodore and Falcon?
You're right, it's not. And I knew that when I posted.

Why?

Because it was a bit of reverse psychology. People get so caught up in the whole Holden and Ford being Australian-made thing that they're blind to offshore ownership. So I swapped the Falcon and Commodore for the Aurion and 380 to try and turn it on its head.

Yes, some cars were built in Australia. But that was thirty years ago. While the plants at Fisherman's Bend and wherever may still be operating, the marqes are owned by offshore companies, but the way nd 4 holden spd put it, Holden was still 100% Australian - which it isn't - as opposed to Ford. Which, I might add, is the argument most fanboys and boy racers make.

... Why do I have the sneakng suspicion that I'm the ony one who understood what was trying to do when I posted?

Man oh man....this could just open up a big big pile of worms guys. The 'offside' discussion could go on for well...who knows?

I'm not sure weather Kaz would be very interested,then again he might.

of the aussie tracks id like to see bathurst and albert park. though phillip island wouldn't be all that bad either. i think most the others though people wouldn't even realise the tracks were real if they weren't familiar with v8 supercars. car wise i don't mind if theres none. Would never drive any of them in the game.

Back