Dear Sony...... I'm thinking of selling my PS3

  • Thread starter Thread starter machschnel
  • 123 comments
  • 9,991 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sony...... I'm thinking of selling my PS3
And Sony says "thanks".
Not only did you already buy one and some games, you will also have to buy a new one again once you realize that you can't resist to buy the game you waited for for such a long time.
 
What toys? We have been given nothing, unless you count the very-old Prologue or the timed Academy demo
"Throwing your toys out of the pram" is an expression. It means to make an angry protest at a minor problem, thereby embarrassing yourself. Essentially, you're acting like a baby. Sony and Polyphony don't care if you sell your PS3 just because you didn't get one game as soon as you'd like. With this thread, you have essentially wasted a whole lot of time and effort for next to nothing. All you have to show for yourself at the end of the day is a whole lot of bitching about nothing. If it's good enough for the rest of the world to wait, then it's good enough for you.

Now we all know it's not going to be perfect.
It's going to be as close to perfect as Kaz can get it.
 
Games to keep you ticking over till GT5:

> Fallout 3 (+DLC): I must have played this game for at least a few hundred hours since its release.

> Little Big Planet: The universal appeal of this game continues to astound me. Whittle away the hours as you perfect your exploding green-felt contraption of doom...

> Dead Space: May cause spontaneous soiling of the pantaloons.

> BioShock: A man chooses...to have a jolly good time under the sea.

> Dragon Age: Enchantment + Captain Janeway

> The Orange Box: It's a box filled with small satsumas. Seriously.

Play all these games, and by the time you finish you'll have GT5 in your hands. Hand this prescription into your local video game retail establishment.

Regards,
Dr. NihilismOnToast
 
In regards to little big planet, it seems good but I just can't find what people rave on about :S, I have tried making a level, a spyro one infact, its still in progress, its been in progress since August, but I have tried to make it as best as possible but I have given up because I don't find the tools that friendly.... it can take 10's and 10's of hours to make a short good quality 3 minute level...
 
Games to keep you ticking over till GT5:

> Fallout 3 (+DLC): I must have played this game for at least a few hundred hours since its release.

> Little Big Planet: The universal appeal of this game continues to astound me. Whittle away the hours as you perfect your exploding green-felt contraption of doom...

> Dead Space: May cause spontaneous soiling of the pantaloons.

> BioShock: A man chooses...to have a jolly good time under the sea.

> Dragon Age: Enchantment + Captain Janeway

> The Orange Box: It's a box filled with small satsumas. Seriously.

Play all these games, and by the time you finish you'll have GT5 in your hands. Hand this prescription into your local video game retail establishment.

Regards,
Dr. NihilismOnToast

You forgot Uncharted 1 & 2 and Killzone 2. Shame on you! :lol:
 
Dear machschnel ... Iam thinking you should sell your PS3.

No seriously, you bought a 300€ Console for one game only? GT5 was one of the reasons I bought the Ps3 back on day one (599€) but Iam a gamer and play a multitude of games of various genres. If you are only waiting for GT5, you could aswell be waiting a few more months, since Iam "waiting" for 4 years now and I had a good time doing so.

I feel sorry for you.
 
In response to the OP, I would say, hang fire for a second and see. Give Sony the benefit of doubt until the end of the year. I would hate for you to find that GT5 is what you had dreamed of, and realise that you will have to re-purchase a PS3 to play the game.
 
You forgot Uncharted 1 & 2 and Killzone 2. Shame on you! :lol:

You forgot God of War 3 and Demon's Souls. shame on you! :lol:
 
sell it.. Buy again when GT5 will be released.

problem solved... neeeeeext !
 
You forgot God of War 3 and Demon's Souls. shame on you! :lol:

Well the good doctor has been refused service at the video game store for trying to purchase games with pocket lint. :ouch: Tis all I have!

Demon's Souls is finally coming to Europe thanks to Namco Bandai...huzzah!

But anywho...I hope the OP realises his folly. First for buying a console for reasons solely pertaining to a game that hasn't been released or dated at the time of purchase; and secondly for wanting to sell said console because the desired game has not been released sometime after.
 
omg sry but i hate people like you
1.do you think PD is sitting there and drinking coffee? they are working "all the time" FOR US to make the best game ever
2.if you need attention than go to a xbox site or anything like this
3.1.GT5 will be the best game ever 2.PS3 is the best console now,show me a game that can use 100% of the PS3 Power ,you cant find it, you will get all the time new features on the PS3 because you have so much Power (in summer we will get 3D )
4.admins pls close next time topics like this
Dear Sony...... I'm thinking of selling my PS3 OMG i cant believe it its so stupid ...you have the best console and you will get the best game ever ,whats your problem?
5.do you want to blackmail Sony ? haha i think its VERY GOOD if you will sell your PS3 because maybe a real SIM fan has not enough money to buy a PS3 ,than he will get the chance to play it ...
NEVER open topics like this its (sry) just stupid

ICEMAN_ZIDANE
 
If you want to sell the console, go ahead, if you want to keep your PS3, keep it. Overreacting won't make the game come out sooner. ;) Unfortunately.

Sony is interested in making money, so I will say again: This is not a particular war, Sony vs GT5 fans. If they understand that releasing the game tomorrow would be the better choice, the game would be at your home before you have breakfast, despite of what the fans say, want or cry for, Sony is planning the release as the biggest happening of the year. So until december 31th, wait patiently, you can be surprised by good news. :)

And have beer, this is Friday dude! :cheers: Weekend is coming! No more boss for two days, no more pile of work, no more getting up early in the morning! And maybe some time to finish that 4h hour endurance in GT4 in your S13 Silvia. C'mon, good things are coming, wait and you'll see.

EDIT: @ICEMAN_ZIDANE: Wow, I was intending to post the very same thing, but the guy is desperated, help him. You're driving him to suicide dude! :lol:
 
Last edited:
You forgot God of War 3 and Demon's Souls. shame on you! :lol:

For me its Tekken 6 and NHL 10. :)
 
Dear Sony......, thank you for designing a rather beautiful looking piece of interior art, i have to say it really ties the room together.
It really is a classic case of form following function, although the functional part has largely escaped me.
Apparantly it seems to be designed originally as some sort of "games console" although i have to say i'm perfectly satisfied with it being nothing more than a rather mysterious looking static sculpture.
It showcases that innovative and daring expressions of art are not only exclusive to the leftfield avant-garde but can also be created by a large multi-national previously only seemingly capable of producing electronic appliances people had to use to give it meaning.









Ofcourse i use my PS3 for other games, and not even considering trading or selling it.
 
To be honest, the main reason I bought my Ps3 was for GT5. However, I have also been playing GTA4, Saints Row 2, NHL2K9, and it has taken over the position as DVD player, since my PS2 has decided it doesn't like DVDs anymore. I've also used it to play music and browse a few sites on the web.
 
They would be pretty stupid not to officially announce the release date at E3 so don't go selling your ps3's just yet. Until then why not try MAG or something, I hear that's a good game.
 
Sell it for the lower price you've actually paid.

You're going to buy a new one when game comes out.

Sony wins both ways, you know.

But do it.

Now.

Now.

NOW.
 
They always say "I'm not going to buy this 🤬! 🤬 you Sony!"
Go ahead machschnel. You'll be the first one among us to fight for a copy of GT5:lol:
 
Agree, while we will play GT5 you will miss out.

Xbox only has 2 sims, RACE and FM3. Race is really boring, and not even that accurate physics, FM3 is bit over the top sim/arcade. FM3 is fun but not a true sim, not to mention its very rushed.

PS3 has 4-5 sims with GT5 included. It's ganna be bigger then ever , as well its fun to play because I bet you play GT4 before.

PC sims? they are iRacing is realistic, but paying to play? as well its not as fun. GTR2/evo, ehh... maybe rFactor2 will be worth it! But all of the PC sims are not like GT where you buy cars, collect them, tune them up, buy parts..


SO keep your PS3 and grow up, don't b__h. Patience is everyting, we all know they wanna make it perfect!
 
If you're only playing PS3 for GT (which doesn't really exist yet) why didn't you just funnel that money into upgrading your PC so you could enjoy all those other titles you talk about more?

edit: also, you do realize there are other PS3 racing games like Ferrari/Supercar Challenge, Shift, Grid, Dirt, etc... Not all perfect sims but a lot more fun then a black box sitting there
 
Last edited:
Dan_ we have something in common XD
mhh oki i thought he is one of the people who are saying all the time something like this (in youtube you can find much of them)...
i think you have helped him enough XD

(i was a little bit angry XD but its weekend now and i am happy now :]
 
If you do sell your ps3 i will have to laugh in your face when i have gt5 and your board out of your brain.
go ahead sell it i dont really care if you do or dont.
oh and please lock this thread
 
If you do sell your ps3 i will have to laugh in your face when i have gt5 and your board out of your brain.
go ahead sell it i dont really care if you do or dont.
oh and please lock this thread
No. We may pay more attention to you when you actually start to type properly.

If you do sell your ps3, I will have to laugh in your face when I have gt5 and you're bored out of your brain.
Go ahead sell it, I don't really care if you do or don't.
Oh, and please lock this thread.
 
Sell Sell Sell, but you Will be back.

I sold mine, got a PS2 with GT4, but lawdknows im getting a 3Slim once 5 drops.
 
Probably an overreaction but I can understand OP's frustration, this is kind of symptomatic of the way Sony/PD are managing the PR for GT5. It's really not a great idea to be coy and elusive year after year in this day and age refusing to comment about the franchises most requested features. It's not a great idea to post feature lists only in Japanese on your official website, then remove them hours later while the English speaking world spends months trying to decipher what the language meant. It's not a great idea to publish info in official Playstation magazine's that turns out to be completely false. It's not a great idea to finally give a release date, cancel it a month beforehand, cite an obscure reason, and leave everyone hanging after 6 years of waiting.

Alas, there certainly is plenty more to do with a PS3. MW2 FTW! No doubt GT5 is on the way, everyone's hoping fall, but that could easily turn into December, and only for Japan, who knows. I can understand the frustration, but hang onto your PS3 and have some fun. :)
 
100% guaranteed you'll still have your PS3 when GT5 comes out.
 
My reason to buy a PS3 was to play GT5P, the possibility to install Linux, the general openness (HDD, accessory, media, web browser,...) and to play GT5 in the future. It was kinda the opposite of what Microsoft provided.

I never expected that my plans would be interrupted by Sony themselves trying to take a feature away that's important to me.
 
I can kind of understand why your angry, I wish I had bought my ps3 now instead of 3 years ago, it would have saved me a lot of money. But I've bought lots of other games to keep me occupied so i'm not too fussed really. It will all be worth the wait when GT5 comes out. But seriously, did you really need to start a thread and tell us all. if you sell your ps3 you'll only regret it, so stop winging.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back