Dear Sony...... I'm thinking of selling my PS3

  • Thread starter Thread starter machschnel
  • 123 comments
  • 9,999 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to throw your toys out of the pram, OP.

Jesus, modern gamers are so pathetic. No patience at all.
 
I've reached the point now were I am giving up on Sony/Polyphony. Gran Turismo 5 is the sole reason I chose PS3 over XBOX. Despite their flaws, I loved the previous GT games, so the announcement of GT5 sealed the deal for me. But the thing is I put up with those flaws because I had too - Forza was still developing, didnt know about GTR and even if I did I doubt my PC would have run it, RFactor etc hadn't come around yet..... but now things have changed. I played Forza 2 and was shocked - it was actually good, very good. Different to GT but still a very playable racing game. And from what I have heard, Forza 3 is even better again. Now onto the PC sims....... when these first came out I doubt many peoples regular home computer could run them, now however I think things have changed, PC sims have become easier to run, not to mention the fact that they are amazing games, GTR 2 blew me away.

And that's the point really - it's no longer the 90's where 90% of people had PS2 and no one had heard of PC sims. GT no longer has a monopoly on car games and should act accordingly. Giving fans no information, delays (acceptable though), changing stories (Prologue will be updated to be a large percent of GT5), taking the Gt Academy Demo down (still do not understand this) and more do nothing positive.

Yes I know Polyphony/Sony owe us nothing. But guess what? We don't owe them anything
bye bye don't let the door hit you on the arse.
 
Is this really in the right forum? It seems distracting and out of place.

EDIT: Either I dont understand, or this is about a guy who is selling his PS3, because he is unhappy with Sony/PD(because GT5 isn't out), I would just think this would fit better in say Console and PC Gaming, or even make it just a post in the General Discussion board for GT5.
 
I got fed up of waiting for GT5; so you know what I did? I went down to my local Gamestation and picked up a PS2, memory card and Gran Turismo 4, which I am now playing to death. It was an outrageous £30 and I never realised how immersive it is with a racing wheel. The cables also fit the PS3, so it's a simple switch and play affair.

Really, aside from the obvious arguement about other great racers on the PS3 (namely, in my view, F1: CE, Outrun: Online Arcade, GT5:P and Burnout Paradise), there's always that old classic in the white case. Be warned though, it does show its' age on a HDTV! We all know that you'll buy it when it DOES come out, but these are good ways to see the time by, should you wish that (which is another topic on its' own).
 
I got fed up of waiting for GT5; so you know what I did? I went down to my local Gamestation and picked up a PS2, memory card and Gran Turismo 4, which I am now playing to death. It was an outrageous £30 and I never realised how immersive it is with a racing wheel. The cables also fit the PS3, so it's a simple switch and play affair.

Really, aside from the obvious arguement about other great racers on the PS3 (namely, in my view, F1: CE, Outrun: Online Arcade, GT5:P and Burnout Paradise), there's always that old classic in the white case. Be warned though, it does show its' age on a HDTV! We all know that you'll buy it when it DOES come out, but these are good ways to see the time by, should you wish that (which is another topic on its' own).

I'm really tempted to do that at the moment, but I'm really gutted that my PS3 isn't backwards compatible :grumpy:
 
Probably an overreaction but I can understand OP's frustration, this is kind of symptomatic of the way Sony/PD are managing the PR for GT5. It's really not a great idea to be coy and elusive year after year in this day and age refusing to comment about the franchises most requested features. It's not a great idea to post feature lists only in Japanese on your official website, then remove them hours later while the English speaking world spends months trying to decipher what the language meant. It's not a great idea to publish info in official Playstation magazine's that turns out to be completely false. It's not a great idea to finally give a release date, cancel it a month beforehand, cite an obscure reason, and leave everyone hanging after 6 years of waiting.

Alas, there certainly is plenty more to do with a PS3. MW2 FTW! No doubt GT5 is on the way, everyone's hoping fall, but that could easily turn into December, and only for Japan, who knows. I can understand the frustration, but hang onto your PS3 and have some fun. :)

I do play other games, it's just if Gran Turismo 5 wasn't announced, I wouldn't have bought a console at all, I just don't have that kind of money to throw around.... but for Gran Turismo I make an exception. Gran Turismo, to me, is perfect. Physics that feel right. They may not be 100% realistic, but they just work. Amazing mix of cars/tracks, the list goes on......but at the moment Sony sure are testing that love (or maybe taking advantage of it?).

Selling my PS3 will be no great loss - my 40gb broke down and I was sent a 120gb one a few weeks ago, so I might even come out even.

All I'm saying is, if they had released just little bits of information, I'd still be a happy customer, buying other PS3 games left, right and center. Now, I'm disgruntled.

Would it do anything worse than help GT5's cause to release information?
 
Please stop!!!!! The soap's are already on TV right now as it is!!!! AHHHHHHH
 
Dear poster ;) ... Sony doesn't care about you selling your PS3 a bit, they have your money already...
btw I'm really surprised how little gamers actually know about console market, Sony doesn't produce PS3s to make profits out of it directly, although they will eventually if everything goes as planned.
They produce consoles to gain market share and to keep the brand hip, a simple advertising strategy if you will...
I guess similar reasons are behind MS efforts.
Of course information like this is hard to find on the internet, so it can't be true. :)
Just FYI I've read an interview in a magazine in 2005/6 with a very high horse from Sony (not SCE) and this was explained very well, the guy also said that there will be nothing like a PS4, but I could see that changing finally when they make enough money from PS3.

So again, sell your PS3 or not, it won't make any difference and GT5 will move many consoles when it finally should arrive. :)
 
Dear poster ;) ... Sony doesn't care about you selling your PS3 a bit, they have your money already...
btw I'm really surprised how little gamers actually know about console market, Sony doesn't produce PS3s to make profits out of it directly, although they will eventually if everything goes as planned.
They produce consoles to gain market share and to keep the brand hip, a simple advertising strategy if you will...
I guess similar reasons are behind MS efforts.
Of course information like this is hard to find on the internet, so it can't be true. :)
Just FYI I've read an interview in a magazine in 2005/6 with a very high horse from Sony (not SCE) and this was explained very well, the guy also said that there will be nothing like a PS4, but I could see that changing finally when they make enough money from PS3.

So again, sell your PS3 or not, it won't make any difference and GT5 will move many consoles when it finally should arrive. :)

Amen brother 👍

Seriously, we all want GT5 now but are patient enough to realize that just we need to wait. It just kills me to see these whiny threads threatening to sell their consoles, not buying another ps3 game, and creating meaningless online petitions and such.

machschnel if you would like to sell your PS3 I may be interested in buying it off you.
 
Last edited:
All I'm saying is, if they had released just little bits of information, I'd still be a happy customer, buying other PS3 games left, right and center. Now, I'm disgruntled.
You have GOT to be kidding me. :lol:
  • Approximately 1000 cars
  • Numerous tracks
  • New racing licenses in NASCAR and WRC
  • Damage, possible weather and time of day changes
  • Improved Photo Mode, Movie Maker, YouTube uploading of content
  • Online race building tools
  • Improved GT Auto, more advanced customization, possibly a livery editor
  • GT5 Prologue, TT demo, showcasing more advanced physics and bot A.I.
  • Hundreds of photos and dozens of videos shown
Yep, not a thing about GT5 for years... ;)
 
let me buy your ps3
 
OMG,I'm so sick of people 🤬 over GT5 shut the 🤬 up and wait.
There many of games you can play with until GT5 ocupie your self !!!
 
Dear Red Bull. I am thinking of boycotting your product. You promised me wings, and I have yet to recieve said wings. I only bought your product for the wings and I have my doubts as to whether I will ever recieve any form of wings.

Just so you know, I'm going to start purchasing a cheaper, inferior product in the hope that it will annoy you and damage your profitability so you will come to your senses and deliver the wings you promised us ASAP. Sadly, these inferior products can not give me wings.

But I still want my wings. So I might be back.

gtwings.png

Excuse the pathetic image editing
 
LOL Seismica.

i m buy my PS3 in March 2007, and i m very happy for my BRD movie, and games.

I can wait again 2 or 4 months for play to GT5, because some big, and long games are coming in fews days like Red Dead redemption or another one in PC, and i prefere have a real perfect game like GT5 every 5 years, than an erzats game with lot of disappointing things every 2 or 3 years.
And for simulation drive race game they are lot of good soft in PC with fans mods for kill time.

I pass maybe more than 150 hours on GT5p (on the track not in menu lol) so i CANT imagine how many time i will pass on GT5. Solo races, and online races, (and better with livery editor and track editor if we can have it)....
 
Sell your PS3. In fact leave here and dont come back :) I mean this is GTPlanet and clearly you arent interested in any other games. Wanna give up, go ahead no one will miss you but we will all welcome you back with open arms after you realize your mistake when this game finally comes out.

Dont sell your PS3, just store it in a safe box until GT5 is released.
 
Seems rather odd to me to buy a console just for one game, much less one game that is not only not yet out but doesn't even have a release date...
Sort of yes, but mostly no. At least for me.

Gran Turismo, combined with the Blu-ray capability, there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that I was going to get the Playstation again. I had no idea when GT5 was due out, but I knew that it would've been released eventually. Eventually. :D

Their PSP, I never bought it, due to the Gran Turismo for it being delayed by what felt like forever. I can't even imagine how much SONY lost on the PSP console sales.

On Forza 3, I tried the new demos, and I came away completely unimpressed. But to be fair, while I like the GT5P, I'm not that impressed by it either. It might be that I'm just over racing games in general.

Bottom line, if you want to sell the PS3, you should sell it. If you want to keep it for GT5, you know it's pretty much a guaranteed to be one of the best racers, if not the very best. They always delay, and they always deliver. I don't think there is anything to think about. It's worth the wait, or it isn't. Pretty cut & dry.

Edit: See my info thing on the right, I'm on both XBL and PSN. Not biased, and I love both. They both have pros & cons, but more & more, I'm starting to see the advantage shift toward the SONY camp. Xbox Live have few advantages left over PSN, but for $50 a year, it's really impressive what PSN delivers for FREE. Games, while I only play Modern Warfare 2, every title I'd play outside MW2 are on PS3. Another thing to consider.
 
Last edited:
How much you selling it for? Since you clearly have no care for it, I might as well take good care of it as I already have with my lovely, Backwards compatible 60 gig :D

By the way, I hate to break it to you but you do relize the moment you brought it the first time your money was already gone? So exactly tell me what this is suppose to do?

Dear Red Bull. I am thinking of boycotting your product. You promised me wings, and I have yet to recieve said wings. I only bought your product for the wings and I have my doubts as to whether I will ever recieve any form of wings.

You could try here:
Wingstop%20storefront-thumb-640xauto-25422.jpg


Or here:
pizza-hut-wing-street.jpg


And the great thing is they deliver :D
 
Dear poster ;) ... Sony doesn't care about you selling your PS3 a bit, they have your money already...
btw I'm really surprised how little gamers actually know about console market, Sony doesn't produce PS3s to make profits out of it directly, although they will eventually if everything goes as planned.
They produce consoles to gain market share and to keep the brand hip, a simple advertising strategy if you will...
I guess similar reasons are behind MS efforts.
Of course information like this is hard to find on the internet, so it can't be true. :)
Just FYI I've read an interview in a magazine in 2005/6 with a very high horse from Sony (not SCE) and this was explained very well, the guy also said that there will be nothing like a PS4, but I could see that changing finally when they make enough money from PS3.

So again, sell your PS3 or not, it won't make any difference and GT5 will move many consoles when it finally should arrive. :)

Ironically it seems you are the one who doesn't understand how console sales work... console hardware is usually not sold for profit, it is the profit from games (licensing) that follows that brings in the $$$. Razorblade and razor.

Oh and as for the "Sony doens't care about you and you won't make a difference" argument, that's akin to "one vote doesn't change the results of an election". If it literally is one then the chances are very slim that would be the game changer, but reality is he probably represents a significant number of people doing the same thing and that does matter.

Also the OP might well be back when GT5 hits, but he migth well not... he represents a growing crowd of racers who are indeed moving out and finding other options to be really good. This is why companies market so hard to gain marketshare, once you have marketshare you benefit a lot from those who stay with what they like rather than risk the competition. Well now he is checking out the competition and if he likes those (iracing, rfactor and others are showing that there are real winners out there providing stiff competition) he may well not come back, or at least not come back with the same ferver (perhaps waiting to buy second hand or on sale rather than at full price at launch).

And if its hard to believe someone would buy a console for a game as Famine says, how much harder would it be to believe he would get rid of his PS3 now and then buy ANOTHER PS3 to come back and play GT5 THEN after he has moved on to play and enjoy other games?

I just see a lot of denial and rationalizing going on...
 
Last edited:
Seems rather odd to me to buy a console just for one game, much less one game that is not only not yet out but doesn't even have a release date...


I bought my ps3 just for gt5 and I play no other games or blue ray movies but I have no regrets, I’ll wait as long as I have to.
 
Seems rather odd to me to buy a console just for one game, much less one game that is not only not yet out but doesn't even have a release date...


I bought my ps3 just for gt5 and I play no other games or blue ray movies but I have no regrets, I’ll wait as long as I have to.

The only regret I would have is that it exceeds it's warranty period and stands an ever increasing chance of failing the earlier you bought it...

If I had bought an old fatty waiting for GT5 and was looking at all the people with lower power, more reliable cheaper slims right now I would be kind of disgruntled.
 
The only regret I would have is that it exceeds it's warranty period and stands an ever increasing chance of failing the earlier you bought it...

If I had bought an old fatty waiting for GT5 and was looking at all the people with lower power, more reliable cheaper slims right now I would be kind of disgruntled.

That was me, until my PS3 decided to stop working and got sent a new one under warranty a few weeks ago. What really worries me though is this..... I bought the Driving Force GT (over the G25 mind you) under the premise that it was the "official Gran Turismo 5 wheel". Now that was a long time ago - can anyone say with any certainty weather or not it will still be the "official wheel" when GT5 comes out?
 
It's not the latest official Gran Turismo wheel but it will still work with GT5.
 
Ironically it seems you are the one who doesn't understand how console sales work... console hardware is usually not sold for profit, it is the profit from games (licensing) that follows that brings in the $$$. Razorblade and razor.

Oh and as for the "Sony doens't care about you and you won't make a difference" argument, that's akin to "one vote doesn't change the results of an election". If it literally is one then the chances are very slim that would be the game changer, but reality is he probably represents a significant number of people doing the same thing and that does matter.

Also the OP might well be back when GT5 hits, but he migth well not... he represents a growing crowd of racers who are indeed moving out and finding other options to be really good. This is why companies market so hard to gain marketshare, once you have marketshare you benefit a lot from those who stay with what they like rather than risk the competition. Well now he is checking out the competition and if he likes those (iracing, rfactor and others are showing that there are real winners out there providing stiff competition) he may well not come back, or at least not come back with the same ferver (perhaps waiting to buy second hand or on sale rather than at full price at launch).

And if its hard to believe someone would buy a console for a game as Famine says, how much harder would it be to believe he would get rid of his PS3 now and then buy ANOTHER PS3 to come back and play GT5 THEN after he has moved on to play and enjoy other games?

I just see a lot of denial and rationalizing going on...

Exactly my point. This isn't the PS2 dominated 90's where if you liked cars, you played Gran Turismo, no question. In those days I can understand not marketing the game. But now? I didnt want information on Forza 3 or NFS Shift, but guess what? I can still tell you a lot about those games - more than GT5 at any rate, and yes I know they are out, but I'm talking about months before they came out.

Is GT5 really going to be 2/3 years better than Forza 3? I hope so

It's not the latest official Gran Turismo wheel but it will still work with GT5.

What do you mean latest official wheel? It was advertised as the official GT5 wheel...don't tell me it already has a succesor?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please stop double-posting? I've asked you once already.


The DFGT is still the official GT wheel (not necessarily the official GT5 wheel), though other, newer products are also supported by the game and time trial.
 
Does it really matter whether the wheel is 'the official GT wheel' or not? As long as it works with GT isn't that the main thing.

I bought the old DFP back in the GT4 days and as long as that still works on GT5 thats fine. Only annoying thing to me is the fact that it was so highly priced when I decided to get it, then only a few months later it dropped big time. As tech does quite often.

In regards to buying a PS3 for GT. It was the main reason I got one but not the only thing. And seeing as GT will finally be released this year (it better) no point bailing out now after so long.
 
Exactly my point. This isn't the PS2 dominated 90's where if you liked cars, you played Gran Turismo, no question. In those days I can understand not marketing the game. But now? I didnt want information on Forza 3 or NFS Shift, but guess what? I can still tell you a lot about those games - more than GT5 at any rate, and yes I know they are out, but I'm talking about months before they came out.

Is GT5 really going to be 2/3 years better than Forza 3? I hope so



What do you mean latest official wheel? It was advertised as the official GT5 wheel...don't tell me it already has a succesor?

That is true, but information on Forza 3 was next to nothing until E3 and when was the release date? It was October, right in the middle of fall. Gran Turismo is expected to be released sometime in autumn so it's not that strange how we haven't heard an aweful lot about it yet. The only main difference is that GT5 has been announced for a very long time now, but other than that, it is not too surprising that they haven't given us much information yet. Wait until E3 atleast and if you still want to sell your PS3, do it.
 
Seems rather odd to me to buy a console just for one game, much less one game that is not only not yet out but doesn't even have a release date...

Sony said that GT5 would come you much sooner. Some of us got fooled to think they telling us the truth. GTHD was released in launch in Europe and people thought as demo is out game will follow in two years.
 
Sony said that GT5 would come you much sooner.

And yet... no release date. Remember, this is the fifth full installment of GT and not even the first one came out on time. With no release date at all, why put any stock in vague statements about "soon"?

Some of us got fooled to think they telling us the truth.

Have they lied at any point? I must have missed it if they did...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back