December Car of the Month - McLaren MP4-12C '10 - COME JOIN THE FUN!

First, to start off, I am unsure how correct my numbers are or if I did an oil change, so the numbers may not be exact. If someone would like to check to see if I need to correct my post I would appreciate it. Thanks @TurnLeft for confirming that I have the correct numbers.

Suzuka Circuit.jpg

Tuned with ABS 1, no other aids, DS3

McLaren MP4-12C '10
Special note: Two tunes for the price of one.

600 pp
622 hp @ 6,800 rpm
502.5 ft-lb @ 3,000 rpm
1175 kg
Power to Weight 2.88
Weight Distribution 42/58

625 pp
752 hp @ 7,900 rpm
531.3 ft-lb @ 3,700 rpm
1175 kg
Power to Weight 1.56
Weight Distribution 42/58

GT Auto
Generic Wing - Type D
No Oil Change
No Body Rigidity
Wheels: Stock: Stock
Paint Body: Stock (Volcano Orange)
Paint Wheels: Stock

Parts
Fully Customizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Sports Computer (ONLY 625 pp)
Racing Exhaust (ONLY 625 pp)
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic (ONLY 625 pp)
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
Sports Soft

Suspension
Ride Height 85/85
Spring Rate 10.00/14.50
Dampeners Comp 3/5
Dampeners Ext 5/4
Anti-Roll Bars 3/4
Camber Angle 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle -0.15/0.40
Brake Balance 4/6

Transmission
Used default settings from the 625 pp tune for both.

LSD 15/30/20

Downforce 0/95
Power Limiter 95.8% (100% for 625 pp)
Ballast Weight 70
Ballast Position 50

Last edited:
I dont, I haven't looked at it since I did it this morning. I have got gold on all four seasonal events and run away from them. They don't give additional payouts for doing the races again so I usually go back to A Spec Races to earn some credits at that point. I have a lot of thread contributors who do a lot of car searching in my own thread and find the cars which are more than capable of getting gold and add it to a general list. Its a system that is getting quite efficient these days :)

Edit: Current ranking at time of writing, 2352th :) Not too shabby for me. I doubt ill be there by the end of tomorrow though.

To give you a challenge, I decided to re-run this track. I am now at 1.37.145 with my iPod car. Current ranking 1,777th :) I expect you'll beat that by the end of this night though.
After seeing the times you and @Bowtie-muscle did with your i-pods I felt pretty ashamed :dunce: about mine, really, 1:40.xxx 👎👎👎, so I took my B version out, my Thorin Cain clone out :crazy: , and I felt a little better :), 1:36.814, rank 1672 at that moment :P, but that was short lived when I checked out on the leaders and who do I see at position 196 with his i-pod, yeah, we all know him, the fastest pizza delivery man in the world @praiano63 :bowdown:, at 1:34.781, so there's no way I'm going to catch up (at least not this year) so I will cheer on for Mr.P all the way, and truly hope he has the best time for the i-pod.👍:gtpflag:

After seeing the times you and @Bowtie-muscle did with your i-pods I felt pretty ashamed :dunce: about mine, really, 1:40.xxx 👎👎👎, so I took my B version out, my Thorin Cain clone out :crazy: , and I felt a little better :), 1:36.814, rank 1672 at that moment :P, but that was short lived when I checked out on the leaders and who do I see at position 196 with his i-pod, yeah, we all know him, the fastest pizza delivery man in the world @praiano63 :bowdown:, at 1:34.781, so there's no way I'm going to catch up (at least not this year) so I will cheer on for Mr.P all the way, and truly hope he has the best time for the i-pod.👍:gtpflag:
Thanks, yes this is a fast car with the same tune as the one published, i just low the LSD accel a bit.
I would love to deliver my pizzas with a MP4, the place over the engine would be perfect to keep them hot.
For the moment just a bike , the same brand as NSX but with 2 wheels and just 11CV that my older son drive carefully across the village at night.
Red Bull is not my track, i´m a bit lost here , i never drive there out of some few seasonals. Suzuka is my place, i love the circuit and drive all the time there to tune since GT4 . I was in 11th position yesterday with the ZZ.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°

10418357_521503504641857_6207456399954616425_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, yes this is a fast car with the same tune as the one published, i just low the LSD accel a bit.
I would love to deliver my pizzas with a MP4, the place over the engine would be perfect to keep them hot.
For the moment just a bike , the same brand as NSX but with 2 wheels a just 11CV that my older son drive carefully across the village at night.
Red Bull is not my track, i´m a bit lost here , i never drive there out of some few seasonals. Suzuka is my place, i love the circuit and drive all the time there to tune since GT4 . I was in 11th position yesterday with the ZZ.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°

- I hope one day to savor these praiano63 pizzas, spent 30 days in great northern river, but at that time did not know GT-Planet.:cheers:

I must say, I'm impressed that's a fairly sizeable difference:tup:. I guess I should have paid that 🤬 lawyer a bit more then after all. :mad: :lol:

Oh well, not much I can do about it now. I still haven't quite got mine buttoned up yet, so I guess I'll just have to make do with a 1:35.566 for now (581st). ;) I'll hopefully get it sorted out and posted in the next day or two. I'll be hard pushed to catch @praiano63 though, that's a very quick time, especially for not knowing the track too well. Well done that pizza man! 👍:cheers:

I must say, I'm impressed that's a fairly sizeable difference:tup:. I guess I should have paid that 🤬 lawyer a bit more then after all. :mad: :lol:

Oh well, not much I can do about it now. I still haven't quite got mine buttoned up yet, so I guess I'll just have to make do with a 1:35.566 for now (581st). ;) I'll hopefully get it sorted out and posted in the next day or two. I'll be hard pushed to catch @praiano63 though, that's a very quick time, especially for not knowing the track too well. Well done that pizza man! 👍:cheers:
Well done :bowdown:, but why couldn't you leave me in my illusion of being faster than you :rolleyes:, at least for one day, BTW the cloned car was your RX8, kept 94% 👍 of the values this time, 💡 , thinking of it, the only reason you were faster was that YOUR RX8 was just not good enough :P, ( really feel like I'm in a schoolyard and the teacher is about to send both of us to the principals office :nervous:), oh and you know of course that I will be reviewing your car. As for those calculations I was working on (RX8), I need a break or a new brain chip, keep getting this burning smell :odd:.
One more lap for me at Red Bull in my iPod and down to 1:36.912.....I'm done, think I could go just a bit faster but not familiar enough with the track.
.... and you can take a very long break now , no need to do any better :scared:, that's really very very good :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.

:cheers: to both of you, and great job on your lap times 👍👍👍.

@Bowtie-muscle, @ImToLegitToQuit, @DaBomm4, @shaunm80, @brian wolf, @xande1959, @praiano63, @demonchilde, @Thorin Cain, @cbarbosa, hope I didn't forget anyone, if so my apologies.

Hello to you all, I’ve started doing the reviews and will start posting some pretty soon, there will be a slight change in the procedure, instead of giving you my impressions on the different tracks that I tried the tunings on, I will just give a general appreciation of all the tests, also I will not include your lap times in the review post.

Another difference will be (idea from ImToLegitToQuit) that I’ll conduct a one make championship on 5 tracks, Bowtie will compile the track times and give the results in due time ( I think in March 2016 he should have some free time from all his activities). I’ve chosen the tracks and will drive them to the best of my abilities (hum) on all of them, though I might have to take a drink or two before doing Dabomm4 to calm my nerves :cheers: . Since it will take some time, be patient and I will get to your name eventually :sly:. There will be two different championship series, Series 1 - 550PP/SS, Series 2 -600PP/RH or RM, (haven't decided yet).

I hadn’t thought of redoing the ‘Critcs Challenge’ but Bowtie asked if I would redo it and I agreed with pleasure. I was thinking of calling it ‘The Bowties Games’ , sort of had a cool hook to it, what do you all think 👍 ?? This is all for good fun there is no obligation to participate but you would be missing out on a unique experience by not doing it, beating the critic at his own game :cool:.

Will be opened to new comers, but as we get later in the month my free time will decrease substantially, so before the 15th of december is safer for me.

Last edited:
Well done :bowdown:, but why couldn't you leave me in my illusion of being faster than you :rolleyes:, at least for one day, BTW the cloned car was your RX8, kept 94% 👍 of the values this time, 💡 , thinking of it, the only reason you were faster was that YOUR RX8 was just not good enough :P, ( really feel like I'm in a schoolyard and the teacher is about to send both of us to the principals office :nervous:), oh and you know of course that I will be reviewing your car. As for those calculations I was working on (RX8), I need a break or a new brain chip, keep getting this burning smell :odd:.

.... and you can take a very long break now , no need to do any better :scared:, that's really very very good :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.

:cheers: to both of you, and great job on your lap times 👍👍👍.

Yeah, sorry about that. Was seeing ghosts again and got really:scared:
I'm will gladly take some of the blame for your CLONE not being as fast, but only 6% of it.:P After all, you put the engine in the wrong end of the car dude!:crazy: Seriously though, I'm glad you are getting some positive results from your emulator, I know you've been working on it for a while and it's always good to see hard work getting its reward.👍

I'll try and get my iPod finished asap and I look forward to your review. I'm sure it'll be fair and judging by previous CotM threads, very entertaining too.

Oh, before I forget. The championship sound like a cool idea. 👍

Actually, I havent actually submitted a tune, so my name is off the list.
What I did was secretly test everyone's tune, under odd conditions. I didnt give reviews, as noones tune was actually meant for the situation I tested them on, I simply just stated who was number 1 during my testing. Which happened to be Praiano's.

For/if anyone is curious, I tested everyone under the guidelines of the "Expert Level British Lightweights" seasonal. Just to grind for cash, without doing the same-old-tired regular cash grinding races were all sick to death of. If you want to try it, below is the stats;
Again, any credit would be aimed at Praiano.
sports hard
downforce = 90
Ballast = 95 @ +31
All weight reduced parts. (Final weight should be 1,200)
Semi-racing exhaust (the only part added)
Power at 52.7%
LSD 18/28/18
RideH 105/95
8.90/16.29
2/3
3/2
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.00
Brakes 6/7

Again, its just a neat alternative to the norm. Thanks Praiano for the perfect fit^^

I've got my fastest tune yet right here! (For a 550 PP car)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/mclaren-mp4-12c-10.881/
I managed a 1:26.5 at Laguna Seca.
Well, welcome back, but before I proceed with doing a review of your car I would like yo know something. Why did you not at least acknowledge reading your review (month of November)? People who do reviews do it of freewill and they do put time into it, if it’s not going to be read, why bother. I put a minimum of 1 hour on every car I review and that’s not counting the credits I use to buy a different car for each tuning, I could put the time and credits elsewhere if it has no value to you, I am not mad but I am disappointed. If you are having problems of any nature or using a translator and do not understand just mention it, but ignoring people will just make them ignore you.

McLaren MP4-12C '10 550pp
McLaren Mp4-12C.jpg

Click in top line description for link to database.

Here's my first attempt at a tune for the iPod. I was going to try it at 600pp on SS, but as you guys all used it in the Red Bull Ring seasonal I though I might as well have a go too. Don't worry @demonchilde, the paint colours and where to get them are included;)

Time down to 1:34.971:D (Sorry again @TurnLeft.) Still can't catch that pizza delivery dude though:banghead: he's just too damn fast:bowdown:

I'll get back to the 600pp SS version when time permits, but it's all a bit hectic this month. Lots of testing going on.....not to mention that Christmas thing everyone's going nuts about:lol: (Loving the hats on the 💡 by the way)

I think I'll have to go and try out one or both of those Clones, the idea is intriguing and I should know what to expect from one of them at least:crazy:, well kind of.

Hope anyone who tries this tune survives to tell the tale.:cheers:

McLaren MP4-12C '10 550ppView attachment 268917
Click in top line description for link to database.

Here's my first attempt at a tune for the iPod. I was going to try it at 600pp on SS, but as you guys all used it in the Red Bull Ring seasonal I though I might as well have a go too. Don't worry @demonchilde, the paint colours and where to get them are included;)

Time down to 1:34.971:D (Sorry again @TurnLeft.) Still can't catch that pizza delivery dude though:banghead: he's just too damn fast:bowdown:

I'll get back to the 600pp SS version when time permits, but it's all a bit hectic this month. Lots of testing going on.....not to mention that Christmas thing everyone's going nuts about:lol: (Loving the hats on the 💡 by the way)

I think I'll have to go and try out one or both of those Clones, the idea is intriguing and I should know what to expect from one of them at least:crazy:, well kind of.

Hope anyone who tries this tune survives to tell the tale.:cheers:
Don't you just love :grumpy: these newbies that come in and try to bully :banghead: and intimidate :mad: you with their fast lap times, well I'm not impressed :eek: at all, well maybe a little :nervous:, ah I'm terrified :scared: to tell the truth, so far I've run 3 tuners cars and with some heavy artillery still to come my chances of making the top 10 are diminishing rapidly, welcome aboard, I was preparing something just for you 👍, and now I'll be able to use it 👍:lol:. Don't worry :nervous: though the worst is that you might lose your dignity. :cheers:

I was afraid of that, just hope you can't read my nightmares.:scared: Trust me I was as surprised by my times as you are :mad:about them. And how :grumpy: some of my friends have been about them in the past couple of days. Ever heard the expression "The sun even shines on a dogs 🤬 some days"? Well, other than the fact we don't get the sun in Scotland too much, it's looking awfully bright back there WOOF WOOF!:lol:

I look forward to my punishment with bated breath:cheers:

@ImToLegitToQuit Review
MP4-12C '10

First off, it’s a pleasure to finally try one of your tunes 👍, you and a few others are on that long list of mine but it seems easier now that I think of it to let the tuners come to me.

Second, thanks, I tried your tuning on the TT and brought my time down from 1:36.814 to 1:36.444 👍.

Third since it’s the first time you get a review from me don’t take anything I say personally, especially the positive stuff, I’m a so-so driver and a “experimental” tuner (like I’ll try anything :eek:), and I can’t change the oil in my car, but I sure know how to change a flat tire (4x in the last 2 years). I also like understanding how things work and just like having fun, sometimes that combination does weird things.

So I can’t mention on what tracks I tried it, I can’t tell you what your lap times were, but I can tell you this car is fast (compared to mine), and if I had a little more throttle control there are quite a few curves I could have taken so much faster. Your setup for your spring rate was unusual to me, it worked great but on certain tracks that I can’t mention, there were times when you could here the engine sound changing as the rear would lose grip :ouch: on the pavement in a straight line, it was also quite sensitive to the rumble strips on the tracks, I know we should drive on the road but it’s a disease I have to cut corners :crazy:. Medium and high speed curves are taken quite easily, but very slow curves are a pain, but this might be due more to the driver :rolleyes: than the car. I always love it when people do things differently, can’t say I understand why you chose those transmission gear ratios or why you chose a high accel. sens. on the MLSD, but it worked and that’s great to see alternate ways. Great car, it was a blast on a few of the tracks 👍, bit scary on one :scared:, totally relaxing :cool: on an other and real fun on all, it’s to bad I can’t tell you so you could try it and see what I mean, but that day will come. BTW you’re ranked number 1 👍👍👍 right now in the championship, of course you are alone on the track so far. :cheers:

Picture 2.png

@ImToLegitToQuit
Well hello again, welcome to the 'Bowtie Games' previously know as the critic's challenge. There is no obligation of your part to participate to this but if you don't you'll be missing out on a unique experience.

Rules:

1. I choose the track, conditions, and time trial regulations.
2. Tuner and reviewer use the reviewed car for the time trial.
3. Times are posted by each of the drivers, there is a gentleman’s agreement that each person will put down the true time.
4. You must have fun doing this, this is not an option
Flu Fever.png

1. Track: Brand Hatch Indy (Weather Variable)
2. Car tuned as is with Sports Sports Soft.
3. Course Settings: Weather at Race Start = 100%,
4. Surface at Race Start = 100%,
5. Grip reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge = Real
6. No driving aids what so ever, nothing, nada, no abs, SRF,TC, Active Steering, ControlSensitivity, you get the picture.
7. 5 laps, best time wins. Laps invalid don’t count. Good Luck.

Advice: Use the sand to slow you down, works better than the brakes.

TurnLeft's Time To Beat is 1:02.152

Well, welcome back, but before I proceed with doing a review of your car I would like yo know something. Why did you not at least acknowledge reading your review (month of November)? People who do reviews do it of freewill and they do put time into it, if it’s not going to be read, why bother. I put a minimum of 1 hour on every car I review and that’s not counting the credits I use to buy a different car for each tuning, I could put the time and credits elsewhere if it has no value to you, I am not mad but I am disappointed. If you are having problems of any nature or using a translator and do not understand just mention it, but ignoring people will just make them ignore you.
Hey @TurnLeft, I'm very sorry I didn't get to read your review. I hadn't realized you posted it (I watched the thread, but it didn't give me a notification). I went back and read the review and I want to thank you for your great reviews. 👍

Hey @TurnLeft, I'm very sorry I didn't get to read your review. I hadn't realized you posted it (I watched the thread, but it didn't give me a notification). I went back and read the review and I want to thank you for your great reviews. 👍
Nice to have you back and know that there's nothing wrong 👍, but to make things right :embarrassed: you will have to participate at the Bowtie's Game, will be posting more reviews soon. :cheers:

Last edited:
@Bowtie-muscle Review
MP4-12C '10 550PP/SS

Before starting off I'd like to share some info I found on our own venerable and somewhat famous Bowtie-Muscle, found this by accident while searching for some sports news, it's the number 6 in the latest headlines.
Headline.png

I've taken the liberty of reprinting the full interview.
Bowtie interview.png

Yeah this is a hoax, did it all on excel on the spur of the moment when I was trying to find a design for the 'Bowties Games' header, that's how your name got unfortunately selected for it, but enough of this non-sense let's get back to the review.

MP4-12C '10 550PP/SS

Well that was a treat, it was like a 2 savour candy, sweet & sour, no not sour as yeurk, but really like those candies that go from one extreme to another. To really drive it fast you have to be well concentrated, especially on some of the tracks I’ve chosen, and I failed at this regard :dunce:. Depending on the type of curves you either sail through them with almost no effort or go through them with a knife between your teeth holding on to every little bit of grip available to reach the safe straightaway. The major issue I had was with braking, I thought the car demanded to long of a braking zone for my driving, when I shortened it I had to struggle to keep it in control. The car rotates well and is well balanced front/rear springs, real good tune 👍. Will post your second car like soon, ya know. :cheers:

@Bowtie-muscle
MP4-12C '10 600PP/RM

This is more like it 👍, with RM it becomes really exquisite 👍👍, everything becomes more natural. Even controlling out of curves burning rubber is a TurnLeft’s play :lol: (child’s play). I really had no issue with the braking so maybe a small adjustment for SS could go a long way. You’ll have to try it on these tracks one day, it will show you what this car can do. It’s as if it was tuned for these threads which made me think of something( yeah that happens once in a blue moon, but guess what? it’s a blue moon night :eek: ). I’ve been working on a car emulator as you’ve heard me mention about a 1 000 000 times before and part of it is a tire compensation formula, what it does or at least should do is compensate the spring rate settings from one type of tire to another. since the car worked so well with RM I tried it out to see what it would give with a conversion to SS. Front spring rate at 9.25 and Rear spring rate at 12.61 , if you have the time could you please try these and see if the change is positive or negative for you, I would greatly appreciate your input for this. So this one is cool, and more than fun to drive, and on top of that your in first place, but unfortunately @shaunm80 is up next, so good luck. I'm finishing up your challenge, but I suck at what I chose, so you're going to have a good chance with this one. :cheers: (This one is FASTEREST 👍👍👍)

@Bowtie-muscle

Bowties Games.png

Rules:
1. I choose the track, conditions, and time trial regulations.
2. Tuner and reviewer use the reviewed car for the time trial.
3. Times are posted by each of the drivers, there is a gentleman’s agreement that each person will put down the true time.
4. You must have fun doing this, this is not an option

Flip Flop.png

1. Track: Any one you like.
2. Car tuned as is with Sports Sports Soft.
3. Course Settings: doesn't matter
4. Surface at Race Start : who cares
5. Grip reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge = Really not important
6. Driving aids: anything you please.
7. Take a series of pictures depicting the story of the car in the heading. You can use a video.
8. For judging which one is the best we will simply ask @cbarbosa if he can be the judge.

Here is my story line:
Honey can you pick me up, I can't get the car started

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Advice:
Drive real slow, this is an expensive car, you don't want your insurance premiums to go up.

Have to say thank you to @TurnLeft for continuing his WONDERFUL challenge and for the reviews of my knifes edge beast and 600pp monster. 👍

Also wanted to say that I am loving the color choices this month and do enjoy seeing A LOT of blue.:sly:
Also some really good looking fast tunes coming in this month, thanks to everyone who has joined in so far.:D

by @ImToLegitToQuit : 550pp - here

by @Bowtie-muscle : 520pp // 550pp // 600pp - here

by @shaunm80 : 550pp (SH) - here / 600pp (SS) - here / 600pp (RH) GT3 Version - here

by @TurnLeft : (and @cranku_1) Rocket Clone - here

by @praiano63 : 550pp (SS) - here

by @xande1959 : 600pp - here

by @DaBomm4 : 600pp // 625pp - here

by @Rush471 : 550pp - here

by @Thorin Cain : 600pp - here

by @brian wolf : 620pp - here

and @cbarbosa for his testing and reviewing.👍👍

I'm not getting alerts from being tagged in posts (not edit)... :grumpy:
If you want we can go and ring your doorbell until they fix the tagging of posts 💡, your not the only one this has happened to, mine wasn't working so I went in my info page and turn off/on all the threads that I was watching, seems to have fixed it, that is until it bugs again. :lol: I really love the grumpy with the hat :grumpy:.

Have to say thank you to @TurnLeft for continuing his WONDERFUL challenge and for the reviews of my knifes edge beast and 600pp monster. 👍

Also wanted to say that I am loving the color choices this month and do enjoy seeing A LOT of blue.:sly:
Also some really good looking fast tunes coming in this month, thanks to everyone who has joined in so far.:D

by @ImToLegitToQuit : 550pp - here

by @Bowtie-muscle : 520pp // 550pp // 600pp - here

by @shaunm80 : 550pp (SH) - here / 600pp (SS) - here / 600pp (RH) GT3 Version - here

by @TurnLeft : (and @cranku_1) Rocket Clone - here

by @praiano63 : 550pp (SS) - here

by @xande1959 : 600pp - here

by @DaBomm4 : 600pp // 625pp - here

by @Rush471 : 550pp - here

by @Thorin Cain : 600pp - here

by @brian wolf : 620pp - here

and @cbarbosa for his testing and reviewing.👍👍
First thing's first. Thank you for bringing us all the CotM thread, it's been a great addition to the forum and hugely entertaining to read through the past few months. And thank you and everyone else for making this newbie (Bully!?:nervous: :lol:) feel at home. I would have loved to join in last month but my Maserati was driving me a little more:crazy: than usual and I ran out of time.

Secondly. Sorry to be a pain, but mine is only 550pp at the moment. Don't get me wrong, it might work at 600 but I for one haven't tried it yet and I'd hate to be responsible for all those high insurance premiums.:eek: At least not based on that. If the 550 one does the same, sorry peeps:guilty:

:cheers:

Back