Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Just to let you guys know, I've had to deal with another incompetent 🤬 idiot at Telstra Australia :banghead::mad:
I'll now be handing this whole incredibly frustrating mess over to the Telecommunications Ombudsman for them to see if they find anyone with a brain working at Telstra :grumpy:

Oh Man....they are really bad aren't they....well lets hope your Ombudsman can sort it out for buddy....Fingers crossed..👍

Oh Man....they are really bad aren't they....well lets hope your Ombudsman can sort it out for buddy....Fingers crossed..👍
It's the last shot in the cannon, so to speak. If this doesn't work I'll loose interest in the whole mess & just give up.

Just to let you guys know, I've had to deal with another incompetent 🤬 idiot at Telstra Australia :banghead::mad:
I'll now be handing this whole incredibly frustrating mess over to the Telecommunications Ombudsman for them to see if they find anyone with a brain working at Telstra :grumpy:

Huh?! A swedish word amongst all the other words in your post? How?! Why?!:eek:

Anywho.. I sincerely hope you do find someone with a brain( and the knowhow to use said brain ) so this thing can be sorted once and for all... I mean, don't they want your money for some odd reason:odd:

I'm surprised i haven't read any headlines along the line of: " A Disgruntled man threw the CEO of Telstra Australia out from a window at their main office.".:D

:cheers:

Huh?! A swedish word amongst all the other words in your post? How?! Why?!:eek:

Anywho.. I sincerely hope you do find someone with a brain( and the knowhow to use said brain ) so this thing can be sorted once and for all... I mean, don't they want your money for some odd reason:odd:

I'm surprised i haven't read any headlines along the line of: " A Disgruntled man threw the CEO of Telstra Australia out from a window at their main office.".:D

I didn't know I spoke Swedish. Which word are you talking about?

Give it time, you might read about it soon enough :mischievous:

Oh ok. I've just learnt something new. Does it have the same meaning in Swedish?
He's sort of the police for the industry & it's his job to make sure everyone is playing by the rules.

Why, yes it does.. Well....not as much a police, but he makes sure that companies play by the book. The one we have here in Sweden is called "konsumentombudsmannen" ( consumor issues are handled by that one) or "KO" for short. We do have multiple "ombudsmän" here up north.

The one i just mentioned and then there's one for discrimination, justice, equality and so on.. A long list if i were to name them all..

Why, yes it does.. Well....not as much a police, but he makes sure that companies play by the book. The one we have here in Sweden is called "konsumentombudsmannen" ( consumor issues are handled by that one) or "KO" for short. We do have multiple "ombudsmän" here up north.

The one i just mentioned and then there's one for discrimination, justice, equality and so on.. A long list if i were to name them all..

Thats what the English version of Ombudsman means too. They slap large fines on big companies for breaking the rules and then go and spend all that fine in 1st class flights for all their own staff to have nice holidays with. I assume they do this because I have never heard where all these multi million pounds actually end up. Im pretty sure its not helped me personally so it must on lavish luxurious holidays.. :)

McLaren MP4-12C '10 (GT3 Version)

600PP
626 BHP
1150kgs
Weight Distribution 46:54

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Rear Wings - Custom Wing Type B

FC Suspension

F/R
75/80
11.80/17.40
7/8
6/7
3/4
1.6/2.0
-0.04/0.06

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.249
2nd 2.559
3rd 2.029
4th 1.675
5th 1.420
6th 1.236
7th 1.098
Set final gear to 3.270
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
10/14/12
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 97.6%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Exhaust

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Downforce set to 100
Ballast - Set 45kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This car is capable of Sub 2 min laps consistently at Silverstone. It doesn't feel very fluid in movement but it faster than the other GT3 cars I have recently published. For anyone who builds and tests this car, I would love to have feedback on it and if necessary, I will make changes. Thanks

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

Phew.... These seasonals proved to be a challenge..

Sierra super lap: 9:36.189 done with my FT86 Concept '09 Tune: My own

Suzuka super lap: 1:24.514 . Never doing that again.. You need the reflexes of a cheetah with add or adhd on "speed"(yes, pun intended) to pull that one off.

The drifting was easily golded this time around. I might have a go at them again to improve on the score.

Maserati GranTurismo S '08 (GT3 Version)

600PP
669 BHP
1355kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

IA License|550PP (600PP) WTCC Mount Panorama|Winner! 👍

First version tested (Racing Hards) - Great driving car. Steering has enormous precision and responds perfectly. Huge top speed, in MP you get to 300Kmh in a blink of an eye!! :P The car has so much torque that some throttle attention is needed exiting slow corners...

Other then that, a proper GT3 car... Will leave feedback for other 2 versions later...

Shaun, once again... :bowdown:

EDIT: Double post!! mad.gif

EDIT2:

Ready to post/Being tested feedback:
  • Maserati GT3 SS 600PP
  • Maserati GT3 SS 550PP
  • McLaren GT3 RH
  • Dodge Viper ACR 650PP
  • Seasonal Drift TVR
  • Seasonal NRing Nissan GT-R 550PP SS

Last edited:

600PP
626 BHP
1150kgs

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
75/80
11.80/17.40
7/8
6/7
3/4
1.6/2.0
-0.04/0.06

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.249
2nd 2.559
3rd 2.029
4th 1.675
5th 1.420
6th 1.236
7th 1.098
Set final gear to 3.270

FC LSD
10/14/12
Triple Plate Clutch

Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Exhaust

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Downforce set to 100

This car is capable of Sub 2 min laps consistently at Silverstone. It doesn't feel very fluid in movement but it faster than the other GT3 cars I have recently published. For anyone who builds and tests this car, I would love to have feedback on it and if necessary, I will make changes. Thanks

View attachment 244614
View attachment 244615
View attachment 244613
Glad you chose the correct colour 👍

Phew.... These seasonals proved to be a challenge..

Sierra super lap: 9:36.189 done with my FT86 Concept '09 Tune: My own

Suzuka super lap: 1:24.514 . Never doing that again.. You need the reflexes of a cheetah with add or adhd on "speed"(yes, pun intended) to pull that one off.

The drifting was easily golded this time around. I might have a go at them again to improve on the score.

Did 1:22:xxx with TC1... Shhhh, don't tell anyone!! :D

Very nice times...indeed...👍

There's no way i'm even going to attempt to do this Suzuka Super lap...i have the reflexes of an Elephant when it comes to the Red bull cars...No way...:lol:

600PP
626 BHP
1150kgs

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
75/80
11.80/17.40
7/8
6/7
3/4
1.6/2.0
-0.04/0.06

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.249
2nd 2.559
3rd 2.029
4th 1.675
5th 1.420
6th 1.236
7th 1.098
Set final gear to 3.270

FC LSD
10/14/12
Triple Plate Clutch

Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Exhaust

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Downforce set to 100

View attachment 244614
View attachment 244615
View attachment 244613

Hi Shaun...i'm trying to build this car....Are you sure you didn't do an oil change...i've put in all your weight and power settings and i'm getting 602pp and 634bhp...can you check for me when you have the time please mate....:cheers:

Hi Shaun...i'm trying to build this car....Are you sure you didn't do an oil change...i've put in all your weight and power settings and i'm getting 602pp and 634bhp...can you check for me when you have the time please mate....:cheers:

Don't worry mate i'm a blind fool....i put in sports computer instead of sports exhaust.:dunce:....it's all good now....thanks :cheers:

Don't worry mate i'm a blind fool....i put in sports computer instead of sports exhaust.:dunce:....it's all good now....thanks :cheers:
Yes, the sports exhaust gives a lot more power in this car because it has a fat turbo attached to it as default. A major power boost. :)

Glad you chose the correct colour 👍
McLaren Orange was the only way to go with this car. It Suits the car well.

IA License|550PP (600PP) WTCC Mount Panorama|Winner! 👍

First version tested (Racing Hards) - Great driving car. Steering has enormous precision and responds perfectly. Huge top speed, in MP you get to 300Kmh in a blink of an eye!! :P The car has so much torque that some throttle attention is needed exiting slow corners...

Other then that, a proper GT3 car... Will leave feedback for other 2 versions later...

Shaun, once again... :bowdown:

EDIT: Double post!! View attachment 244702

EDIT2:

Ready to post/Being tested feedback:
  • Maserati GT3 SS 600PP
  • Maserati GT3 SS 550PP
  • McLaren GT3 RH
  • Dodge Viper ACR 650PP
  • Seasonal Drift TVR
  • Seasonal NRing Nissan GT-R 550PP SS
Im glad that you enjoyed the Maserati, It is one of the fun GT3 cars in this game now. Very easy to drive but it can get away from your if you let your concentration drop. You have got some nice cars on the review list. I haven't driven the Viper ACR in ages, that is one of my earlier tunes so it will be nice to see if this tune has stood the test of PD updates.

Very nice times...indeed...👍

There's no way i'm even going to attempt to do this Suzuka Super lap...i have the reflexes of an Elephant when it comes to the Red bull cars...No way...:lol:
I have attempted it about 4 times now and I get about 40 seconds into a lap and get DQ'd. I am also well off the pace at this point. I will keep trying this seasonal for the credits but I don't expect to get gold in this event at all. Be a very nice surprise if I did manage it. I haven't got better than Silver in the Ex red bull driver Sebastian Vettel challenges as yet in the final events where you go against his ex car.

Last edited:
I have attempted it about 4 times now and I get about 40 seconds into a lap and get DQ'd. I am also well off the pace at this point. I will keep trying this seasonal for the credits but I don't expect to get gold in this event at all. Be a very nice surprise if I did manage it. I haven't got better than Silver in the Ex red bull driver Sebastian Vettel challenges as yet in the final events where you go against his ex car.

I really just can't be bothered at all with any of the Red Bull challenges....My driving skills can't cope with these at all....perhaps if i had a top of the range Wheel i would probably at least have i bit of determination for these cars and there events.....Good luck on this seasonal mate....and Kudos if you can do it....👍

Im glad that you enjoyed the Maserati, It is one of the fun GT3 cars in this game now. Very easy to drive but it can get away from your if you let your concentration drop. You have got some nice cars on the review list. I haven't driven the Viper ACR in ages, that is one of my earlier tunes so it will be nice to see if this tune has stood the test of PD updates.

:tup:TY! I really enjoyed the Maserati... and the steering is done perfectly... Along with the rear controlled sliding it's a great combination...

The ACR, I was curious, it was nice in GT5, so let's see how it goes in GT6 (built, ready for test). Enough small talking, review time!!!! :P

Maserati GranTurismo S '08
600PP

669 BHP
1355kgs
Sports Soft Tyres

SS!? Did I changed the tyres!? :P Jokes aside, it was exactly like the RH version, same performance, speed and stability. Sometimes changing tyres to a tune kills it, but not the case here... 👍

Makes me wonder if there are any siginificant diferences between SS and RH... :odd:

Maserati GranTurismo S '08 (Full Aero Version)
550PP
466 BHP
1355kgs
Sports Soft Tyres

Despite being 50PP less then the other 2 versions, is still very performant. Indeed performant! For a car that got stripped from almost every engine upgrades, boy, she is still fast... The only issue I detected was that, by using the Final Gear from the tune, in MPanorama it runs out quickly on the straights... But that was my choice for the 1st test run...
It's great to have alternatives to the main version, especially when they can perform almost as the same... 👍

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00 (Drift Setup)

650PP
1045 BHP
1140kgs
Weight Distribution 53:47

Comfort Hard Tyres

👍 Great drift car! I was a bit skeptical by having 1045BHP, but it is so easy to drift... Great tune! :)

:tup:TY! I really enjoyed the Maserati... and the steering is done perfectly... Along with the rear controlled sliding it's a great combination...

The ACR, I was curious, it was nice in GT5, so let's see how it goes in GT6 (built, ready for test). Enough small talking, review time!!!! :P

SS!? Did I changed the tyres!? :P Jokes aside, it was exactly like the RH version, same performance, speed and stability. Sometimes changing tyres to a tune kills it, but not the case here... 👍

Makes me wonder if there are any siginificant diferences between SS and RH... :odd:

Despite being 50PP less then the other 2 versions, is still very performant. Indeed performant! For a car that got stripped from almost every engine upgrades, boy, she is still fast... The only issue I detected was that, by using the Final Gear from the tune, in MPanorama it runs out quickly on the straights... But that was my choice for the 1st test run...
It's great to have alternatives to the main version, especially when they can perform almost as the same... 👍

👍 Great drift car! I was a bit skeptical by having 1045BHP, but it is so easy to drift... Great tune! :)
The SS version at 600PP had very minor changes to ensure it was competitive. Nothing too noticeable but the little things made the difference. Like you say, when putting SS tyres on a RH tune, it can sometimes make it uncompetitive, I rarely downgrade tyres without changing the tune due to this. It is odd that if you have a SS tune, you can upgrade the tyres to RH and it will be virtually the same car (except having more grip to carry more speed with). Strange how PD can make cars behave in this manner.

The TVR Speed 12 is an amazing drift car but it takes a lot of concentration to keep that rear end from spinning on you at times :)

Drifting a 1000hp+ TVR?! Trying to reduce the odds of getting away from the car alive are we?!? As if the car wasn't a homicidal lunatic before.. Just looking at that devil's machine sends chills down my spine.

Time to channel my inner Daigo Saito then and hope for the best.

Back