December Doritos Car Pack Revealed

He singlehandedly represents everything that's wrong with the whiners that make up most of Forza's social media community. It's rampant ignorance and selfishness and I applaud T10 for holding their own and not giving them what they want. These kids are not enthusiasts, they're not car people, they just want the flashy brand new supercars that are either vaporware or will end up getting locked in an airtight sealed chamber as investments, they're the kids that will watch every Schmee or M5Power, err, Doug Demuro video and take their drivel for gospel without knowing proper facts or without educating themselves about the cars they see.

Having oddball cars like that in the game is what made Gran Turismo so goddamn good back in the day, because it gave you a chance to take a completely out of place vehicle and race it against a bunch of sports cars or supercars, and it was fun. Imagine GT2-3-4 without the Daihatsu Midget, without a bunch of kei cars, without old muscle cars... that was the spirit of the game, something they've lost and that T10 has more or less picked up and is now carrying the torch. Go ahead, get that Nissan Safari, swap an RB26 in it, give it some race suspension and slicks, and go hunt Ferraris... Who cares if it's not actually a real thing, just go and have fun. That's the whole point of a game, to have fun. Video game people, be it the ones that play or the ones that create them, use the word simulator so much they actually forget it's a game first and foremost.

TL;DR: Shut the **** up Nick from AR12.

It's a nice sentiment, and I generally agree (especially with the TL;DR statement), bbbbbbbbbut... I can't help but feel there's something wrong with them adding cars such as the Radical RXC in Horizon and making me wait until FH4 to drive that RB26-swapped Safari. Like they have this huge list of cars that need to be added to the car roster, and are picking seven of them at random and that's how we get this month's choice of cars.

In the end it's not as bad as people make it out to be - if you look at the cars we got in two months, it's a pretty well-balanced and extremely interesting list - but it contributes to a general feeling that T10 is trying to specialize in sloppy decision-making. And then they add the RSR, and don't even mention the fact that they did? Come on, are they even trying to not piss people off?

In other words, maybe the should better distribute oddballs and SUVs (which ultimately I feel get people mad for one reason - their role in "first corner bombing" in public lobbies) through all of their DLCs instead of having a DLC with none, and one with three?

P.S. people complaining about the 328 or T35 being "uninteresting", on the other hand, need to shut the hell up.

How have they still not fixed that issue on some cars where sparks are flying everywhere for no apparent reason? The "new" Bugatti does this in spades.

And then they add the RSR, and don't even mention the fact that they did? Come on, are they even trying to not piss people off?
I'm willing to bet they were intending to have the RSR only be a prize in the next Forzathon, and it accidentally got enabled in the leveling drop lists.

He singlehandedly represents everything that's wrong with the whiners that make up most of Forza's social media community. It's rampant ignorance and selfishness and I applaud T10 for holding their own and not giving them what they want. These kids are not enthusiasts, they're not car people, they just want the flashy brand new supercars that are either vaporware or will end up getting locked in an airtight sealed chamber as investments, they're the kids that will watch every Schmee or M5Power, err, Doug Demuro video and take their drivel for gospel without knowing proper facts or without educating themselves about the cars they see.

Tell me seriously that a Bugatti T35 is not an interesting car (and all the technology that is on it, which must have been completely alien in 1926) and that it doesn't deserve to be in the game and that you'd rather have an already obsolete Chiron instead. Having stuff like the Chiron and Veyron in a Motorsport game is just as stupid as having a bunch of offroad vehicles, neither of them are at home on a racetrack.

Having oddball cars like that in the game is what made Gran Turismo so goddamn good back in the day, because it gave you a chance to take a completely out of place vehicle and race it against a bunch of sports cars or supercars, and it was fun. Imagine GT2-3-4 without the Daihatsu Midget, without a bunch of kei cars, without old muscle cars... that was the spirit of the game, something they've lost and that T10 has more or less picked up and is now carrying the torch. Go ahead, get that Nissan Safari, swap an RB26 in it, give it some race suspension and slicks, and go hunt Ferraris... Who cares if it's not actually a real thing, just go and have fun. That's the whole point of a game, to have fun. Video game people, be it the ones that play or the ones that create them, use the word simulator so much they actually forget it's a game first and foremost.

TL;DR: Shut the **** up Nick from AR12.
I feel like it's contradictory to talk about how much you love the "classics and oddballs" but rail again hypercars. In other words, you get to love the cars you love, but other people don't get to love the cars they love. Don't get me wrong. I'm as uninspired by the Ferrari FXXKTHXBAIAMRICHERTHANCROESUSANDCANAFFORDTOSPENDMILLIONSONACARIDONTEVENGETTOTAKEHOME and all the other pointless hypercars as you are. The faster a car is, the more it bores me to tears. The classics and oddballs are what make the game fun for me. I love the Bugatti T35. The BMW 328 is both a completely unexpected surprise and a dream come true. I even welcome the slow-as-maple-syrup-in-Hokkaido-in-January Nissan Safari. But that's my personal taste.

I'm a car guy. I have been my entire life. My mom said when I was a baby and being fussy, she would give me toy cars and I would shut right up. She has a picture of me sitting in a high chair, fast asleep, a Matchbox car clutched in each of my chubby little fists. When I was in junior high, I would save up my lunch money and buy Car and Driver, Road & Track and Motor Trend magazines instead. My apartment has rows and rows of car magazines and car books on book shelves. I LOVE CARS AND I AM VERY WELL INFORMED ON THE SUBJECT is what I'm trying to say. My tastes have developed over the course of several decades of reading about, driving and appreciating cars in person. But my tastes only apply to me. I let others have their own tastes and don't give them grief over it, even if I think they are far less informed than I am. Sure, AR12 has a huge voice and is highly influential. I don't care. He and his slavish followers aren't going to change what cars I love or what I love about cars. And I'm not going to give anyone else grief for not liking the same cars I do. I feel pity for anyone who doesn't appreciate the "classics and oddballs" like I do. But I'm not going to tell them they're wrong for not liking them, either.

Last edited:
Oh definitely, tastes are a personal thing, that is certain. The problem lies with the fact some of these "influencers" are trying to, erm, influence players to like the same stuff they do. It's his opinion, just like it's my opinion the hypercars are as useless as the offroaders, except I don't have a million Youtube suscribers to complain to, I've only got you guys. :lol: His whole tirade about the Type 35 and how you'll use it once and put it away is exactly how I feel about stuff like the Chiron and etc... Guess how many times I've used the Centenario in both FH3 and FM7? Exactly twice, and it's because the game forced me to do so.

In other words, maybe the should better distribute oddballs and SUVs (which ultimately I feel get people mad for one reason - their role in "first corner bombing" in public lobbies) through all of their DLCs instead of having a DLC with none, and one with three?

Yep. That'd probably help with the masses, however I think T10 is getting stuck in their "one game every year" plan and are just giving us the stuff that's ready at the time a pack gets released, more or less.

I would love to know who makes the final decision on what cars get licensed and when they get released. Hell, I'd love to have that job.

Yep. That'd probably help with the masses, however I think T10 is getting stuck in their "one game every year" plan and are just giving us the stuff that's ready at the time a pack gets released, more or less.

This 'one game a year' is going to kill T10 and Forza at some point. Unless you're a sports title, you're going to get fans burnt out, especially when you can really only offer more cars (Of which we're probably going to reach a ceiling with at some point) and 4K graphics as bullet points.

Not even including the ability to use SVG's for livery design (One of the few things GT Sport does better then Forza and it would certainly help amplify a system that is much easier to use) and reverting the storefront back to Forza 4 / Horizon 1 set up.

I feel like it's contradictory to talk about how much you love the "classics and oddballs" but rail again hypercars. In other words, you get to love the cars you love, but other people don't get to love the cars they love. Don't get me wrong. I'm as uninspired by the Ferrari FXXKTHXBAIAMRICHERTHANCROESUSANDCANAFFORDTOSPENDMILLIONSONACARIDONTEVENGETTOTAKEHOME and all the other pointless hypercars as you are. The faster a car is, the more it bores me to tears. The classics and oddballs are what make the game fun for me. I love the Bugatti T35. The BMW 328 is both a completely unexpected surprise and a dream come true. I even welcome the slow-as-maple-syrup-in-Hokkaido-in-January Nissan Safari. But that's my personal taste.

I'm a car guy. I have been my entire life. My mom said when I was a baby and being fussy, she would give me toy cars and I would shut right up. She has a picture of me sitting in a high chair, fast asleep, a Matchbox car clutched in each of my chubby little fists. When I was in junior high, I would save up my lunch money and buy Car and Driver, Road & Track and Motor Trend magazines instead. My apartment has rows and rows of car magazines and car books on book shelves. I LOVE CARS AND I AM VERY WELL INFORMED ON THE SUBJECT is what I'm trying to say. My tastes have developed over the course of several decades of reading about, driving and appreciating cars in person. But my tastes only apply to me. I let others have their own tastes and don't give them grief over it, even if I think they are far less informed than I am. Sure, AR12 has a huge voice and is highly influential. I don't care. He and his slavish followers aren't going to change what cars I love or what I love about cars. And I'm not going to give anyone else grief for not liking the same cars I do. I feel pity for anyone who doesn't appreciate the "classics and oddballs" like I do. But I'm not going to tell them they're wrong for not liking them, either.
Amen 👍

The annual release thing is a bit too much. If you’re a series regular, it’s hard to get excited about, say, a Z8 as a league prize or a One-77 as a Specialty Dealer car. I’ve played them as ordinary Forza cars for years.

This 'one game a year' is going to kill T10 and Forza at some point. Unless you're a sports title, you're going to get fans burnt out, especially when you can really only offer more cars (Of which we're probably going to reach a ceiling with at some point) and 4K graphics as bullet points.

Not even including the ability to use SVG's for livery design (One of the few things GT Sport does better then Forza and it would certainly help amplify a system that is much easier to use) and reverting the storefront back to Forza 4 / Horizon 1 set up.

I think both series would benefit from an extra year. Horizons map is presumably limited to what they can model in a span of 2 years so an extra year may give them time enough to do a TDU sized map. On the Motorsport side I think it would allow T10 time to redo some of the areas that have been stagnant for quite awhile like the livery editor as well as adding more features.

Unfortunately, it may not be their call when it comes to release schedules.

I feel like having Motorsport be a platform and just releasing new content for it would do well for it. Horizon having an extra year to make a map better would do them well too.

I don't think that's going to work either. Especially on console, where you are shackled by console lifespans, and rather recently, hardware makers pushing out more powerful versions of their consoles in order to entice consumers. If Forza was like Assetto Corsa, maybe.

I don't think that's going to work either. Especially on console, where you are shackled by console lifespans, and rather recently, hardware makers pushing out more powerful versions of their consoles in order to entice consumers. If Forza was like Assetto Corsa, maybe.

I feel like it wouldn't be hard(I have no idea how hard or easy game development is) to put out the new game with the new console then. Forza 2 and 5 were both launch titles right? Doing what PD has done with GT Sport, making it the end all be all when it comes to GT on PS4 seems like the best option.

I feel like it wouldn't be hard(I have no idea how hard or easy game development is) to put out the new game with the new console then. Forza 2 and 5 were both launch titles right? Doing what PD has done with GT Sport, making it the end all be all when it comes to GT on PS4 seems like the best option.

I guess you could, but it needs to be done at launch of a console. Anything else just means that you're running the risk of getting into your stride and then boom, the next Xbox or Playstation comes out. Which is why I still have reservations that the GAAS idea of GT Sport is actually going to work, considering how slowly they work, how meticulous they are (often to their disadvantage) and how often they flat out lie to their customers. But that isn't the point, and my opinions on GT Sport are well known.

Besides, I don't really think consoles are the place for a GAAS to the effect of something like Assetto Corsa or even something like World of Warcraft.

Some of the worst racing game releases have been tied to Xbox launches, such as PGR3 and FM5. Both were obviously shoved out the door as partial games in order to make the date.

Woah woah woah lets not say things we can't take back here. FM5 I'll give you but PGR3 was a gem albeit unpolished. Loved that game

It was a significant step backwards from PGR2 in both tracks and cars. The whole “Supercars only” focus was an attempt to cover up the fact that they simply ran out of time and had to cut most genres to meet the 360 launch deadline.
It’s no coincidence that the follow-up PGR4 returned to a diverse carlist, including a seldom-seen mix of cars and bikes in one game.

tenor.gif
Wait, you didn't know that? I thought someone told us that on one of my statuses.

I feel that Turn10/PG are stuck with 2 year dev cycles because they're vital to MS lineup every year and help to cover up barebones years when Halo and Gears aren't available, like this year MS has literally nothing of note as far as exclusives go. Due to smart planning T10/PG are able to produce great games on a budget and in time, which makes them super important to MS, plus they're the only ones that are working on a franchise they've conceived all the way back to OG XB, while Halo and Gears were abandoned by their creators and are now on artificial life support with decreasing interest from the fanbase and feel completely uninspired and boring.
For those that get tired of Forza yearly releases I would suggest to buy a game every 4 years instead of 2, this way you won't burnt out quickly and will enjoy massive content jumps, like going from FM5's 200 cars to FM7's 700 cars.

I actually like this pack. Like @Populuxe Cowboy, I too am a car fanatic. No matter what shape, size or trim, I always find something to enjoy it to the fullest.

I only tested the Cayenne and 804 so far (to finish the Forzathon). The 804 is an awesome quick little thing, and the rumble of the Cayenne is music to my ears :). I'll check the others tomorrow and let you know how they are.

I think the Doritos car pack sucks.
I like SUV's in Horizon.

I can't help but notice how calculated these packs are.
They always have 1-2 "sure hits", 1-3 "maybes" and the remaining are oddities 90% of the player base doesn't care about.

As much as the average GTPlanet member may differ, a lot of these obscure cars aren't popular, and are not really cared about by the vast majority.

Some of the worst racing game releases have been tied to Xbox launches, such as PGR3 and FM5. Both were obviously shoved out the door as partial games in order to make the date.
FM5 had 2x the content of it's rival 4 years ahead of it.

People expecting 500 cars were upset I guess, but FM5 is a totally solid game against any of it's competition at the time.
By solid, I mean best console racing game available at the time.

FM5 had 2x the content of it's rival 4 years ahead of it.

People expecting 500 cars were upset I guess, but FM5 is a totally solid game against any of it's competition at the time.
By solid, I mean best console racing game available at the time.

It was a big step back from FM4, which is how most people judge it.

They always have 1-2 "sure hits", 1-3 "maybes" and the remaining are oddities 90% of the player base doesn't care about.

As much as the average GTPlanet member may differ, a lot of these obscure cars aren't popular, and are not really cared about by the vast majority.
Thats the thing though. Those 1-2 sure hits, 1-3 maybes, and remaining oddities are going to vary from person to person. It'll be impossible to have a 100% want across the board. I want a Toyota Aristo and many other 4 door JDM vehicles, I doubt many others do though.

His whole tirade about the Type 35 and how you'll use it once and put it away<...>

Wait, did he actually say that? Oh no he didn't. I can understand people being pissed for the Patrol or the Trackhawk, but my T35 already has more mileage than most hypercars in my virtual garage combined. And I'm not someone to dislike an Aston Martin Vulcan, so make of that what you will. It's not T10 fault if he or his prepubescent fans/drones are automotive illiterates who can't appreciate a legendary racer (which also happens to be much more fun to drive around than many modern performance and race cars, unless you, like him, are into bouncing off walls at very high speed - something hardly "Motorsport"-y, eh?).

I don't know about how much being able to import vector images would help Forza painters - especially if it's done the same was as GT Sport, with a draconian file weight limit. As for the Storefront, I think Horizon 3 had it implemented wonderously... Which makes the fact that they didn't carry it over to FM7 baffling.

It was a big step back from FM4, which is how most people judge it.

Was it, tho? Back in the days of FM4, I was what you could call a "Gran Turismo refugee"... And I remember FM4 lacking a lot of the polish and variety of later games in the series. I'd say the biggest problem with the way T10 is handling things nowadays is community functions (such as the aforementioned Storefront, or class-based Rival leaderboards) being removed for no reason whatsoever. I know that ultimately we're just a portion of a portion of their userbase, but it would be nice if they tried to make it look like they care about us, even if they don't (because ultimately they're a company out there to make money, not some guy working on their passion project in their free time).

But perhaps the problem is that people expected the meteoric rise of the "Gran Turismo killer" to continue ad infinitum. Most of the complains leveled against FM7 at launch were about how little new cars and tracks were added - nevermind the fact that Forza has by far the largest car list in the business, and one of the largest track lists too. And you should also factor in the many cars added via absolutely optional DLC during FM6's and FH3's life cycle - at the end of the day, the game shipped with a significant increase in content over its predecessor, but the fact that most people paid extra to access it early seems to make it - perhaps, not wrongly - irrelevant.

The thing is, I haven't had the fun I'm having with FM7 since the days of Gran Turismo 4; so, allow me to wonder if perhaps the criticism the game is meeting from the community has less to do with the quality of the game itself, and more with a complicated relationship between its developers and its fans.

In any case, no amount of controversy will stop me from taking a deep look at this pack. My Xbox dying just a week before its release tried, but it was hastily replaced with a brand-spanking-new Xbox One X; which means that I only got to enjoy it with a higher graphical standard (and, alas, a much lighter wallet)...

And speaking of controversies, let's start right off the bat with one vehicle that has been received by the community as well as a stripper at a funeral. With its 100 hp turbodiesel engine and consequently abysmal performance, the Nissan Safari is perhaps even more out-of-place in Forza Motorsport than last month's ruggedized Land Cruiser; and the fact that you can swap the venerable RB26 engine in doesn't seem to help its case much. This is such a shame, because had this Patrol found its way in any of the Horizon titles, it would've no doubt been welcomed warmly by many players - me included - eager to drive a proper offroader. Oh, well - your day will come, Safari. Your day will come.

+ One of the best off-roader ever produced...
- In a game with no off-roading opportunities.

Nurburgring laptime: 11:01.884

On the other hand, the controversy surrounding the Trackhawk is much more unfounded. Sure, this may be a car with the body of a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the agility of a Swiss chalet, but the 707 hp "Hellcat" supercharged V8 engine will allow it to easily cover a quarter mile from a standstill in a blistering 11 seconds - fast enough to compete with Nissan GT-Rs and Porsche 911s. It's exactly the kind of vehicle you'd expect from Chrysler, which is seemingly more interested in building insane Franken-cars powered by an engine named after a carrier-based WW2 fighter plane than in actually selling vehicles everybody can find a use for, these days. It may not be good for the value of Chrysler shares, sure - but then, we're not Chrysler shareholders, so why should we care? You go, Chrysler! Show them you can actually build an SUV faster than a Camaro on the drag strip!

+ The be-all, end-all modern sleeper
- Like most "sleepers", it's going to perform above expectations only in a straight line...

Nurburgring laptime: 08:19.136

We close off our parade of controversial choices with the first of three Porsches added this month, the brand-new Cayenne Turbo. Apparently when other games decide to add the latest super-SUV from Zuffenhausen it's a good thing, but when Forza does it, it's a sign of the end-times or something; this despite a large number of big-boned "performance" vehicles already being present in the game. And honestly, I wish all of them drove like this third-gen Cayenne: sure, it's not a very agile car - we're talking about a vehicle with a curb weight in excess of two tonnes, after all - but it offers a firm, predictable ride which could even make you forget its bulk. Alas, even despite its many positive characteristics, most players (me included) will only drive this in anger once or twice and then leave it to collect virtual dust in their garage. But then, when you have a car list this large, it is inevitable to have certain vehicles that will be used a lot less than certain others...

+ Drives well for a SUV
- It's a SUV

Nurburgring laptime: 08:13.482

With the less motorsport-y cars out of the way, we now start to cook with gas. It may look quaint nowadays, with its externally-mounted shifter and front-end positive camber, but when it was first introduced at the 1924 Gran Prix of Lyon, the Bugatti Type 35 was a thoroughly innovative car, drawing from the experience gained through the Type 13 Brescia Tourer - one of the first cars to use a multi-valve engine - and subsequent Type 30 and 32 cars; keeping in line with the tradition of the marque, it was powered by a 2-litre, 8-cylinder engine capable of reliably producing 90 hp at 6,000 rpm, thanks to a new bottom end design. The Type 35 became a favorite amongst drivers, and achieved enormous success - winning over a thousand races in its heyday, and becoming a symbol of a more courageous era of motorsports, where the physics of performance driving were still being explored, new technologies were experimented with everyday, and courageous bon vivants - many of them survivors of the First World War - gave it their all and put their life on the line at every corner; it's no coincidence that Bugatti models still use the "horseshoe" grill design that the 35 introduced. This Bug is not nearly as fast as its distant heirs with over ten times the engine power to rely on, but it's immensely more satisfying to drive - requiring your full attention even with performance that's eclipsed by any decent modern hot hatch. And it may not stand a chance even in its division - being outclassed by the marginally less archaic Alfa P3, leave alone the GP racers of the 1930s and 1950s - but why would you even race this thing? Just enjoy the ride - the skinny tires struggling for grip, and the ancient engine puttering along with a satisfyingly mechanic sound.

+ As exquisitely intricate as mastercrafted clockwork
- Sadly, there is no animation for gearshifts...

Nurburgring laptime: 09:46.936

Of course, Turn 10 choose to add not one, but two pre-War racing legends in the same pack. In the ten years following the introduction of the Type 35, so much had changed: the tenuous optimism of the years following the end of the First World War had been washed away by the rise of totalitarian regimes, which used everything at their disposal as a propaganda tool: this included motorsports, in which Fascism and Nazism bankrolled ambitious programs that greatly increased the pace of technological development: as a result, smaller, more independent manufacturers were pushed away from motor racing entirely, or forced to compete in minor categories. BMW - which had produced airplane engines during WW1, and would resume that activity during WW2, but had turned to the automotive sector in the interbellum period - chose the latter, achieving moderate success with the 315 and 319 models; but it was only with the introduction of the 328 that it became a dominant force in the voiturette category. With a straight-6 engine with aluminum hemispherical heads that produced a bit under 80 horsepower, and a beautiful aerodynamic body - which is hard to believe was penned just ten years after the Type 35's - the 328 immediately proved itself in its debut race, the 1936 Eifelrennen, where it achieved a class victory; the first of many in a career spanning four years and culminating in the domination of the 1940 Mille Miglia. After the war, the Iron Curtain fell between Munich and the Eisenach assembly plant, spelling doom for the car - but its legacy would live on, with its engine serving as the base for the Bristol six cylinder powerplant which would find its way in many AC products, before the introduction of the Shelby-tuned "Cobra" V8. It is definitely not a fast car by modern standards - but like the T35, it has an old-timey quaintness that makes it a very enjoyable ride despite, or perhaps because of, its lack of performance.

+ Timeless styling, which can be enhanced with a Mille Miglia-style windscreen
- You're not going fast anywhere in this Bimmer...

Nurburgring laptime: 10:22.737

In between open-wheel vintage racers and cars sitting too high from the ground to be at home on a racetrack, the Chevrolet 150 seems oddly out of place. In 1955, the bare-bones One-Fifty was the cheapest car equipped with the new "Turbo-Fire" small-block V8, rated at 162 or 180 horsepower; if its simplicity and cheap price made it popular with police forces and economy-minded travelling salesmen, its low curb weight and powerful engine attracted hot-rodders, for whom it represented the best possible Tri-Five choice. As it turns out, it's also a surprisingly competent track car, with a decently stable rear end and good acceleration out of corners. Aesthetically I find it to be a far more pleasing car than the overburdened 1957 Bel Air... But this is a matter of personal taste more than anything. In any case, it's a bit of a left-side choice that has something to offer to just about everyone.

+ Surprisingly nimble for a 50s American sedan
- I would've expected a police siren to be an option...

Nurburgring laptime: 09:59.070

Finally, we have the Porsche 804 - which is, perhaps surpisingly, the fastest car included in this pack. And I say "surprisingly" because with its 1.5 litre air-cooled flat-8 engine, it isn't going to top the leaderboards anytime soon. Porsche's only purpose-built open-wheel racer was a decently competitive car - winning one Grand Prix in its only year in the sport, with Dan Gurney behind the wheel - but it was eclipsed by the BRM P578 and Lotus 25, both powered by V8 engines. In early leaks, the 804 appeared as it was destined to find a place the 60s GP division; however, with 30 horsepower less than the 1964 Ferrari 158, and more than a hundred ponies handicap over the 1967-1968 3-litre cars, it was likely doomed to uncompetitiveness, and has thus been relegated to the "Forza Specials" division: however, it's still a fine piece of machinery, and the wail of the 8-cylinder boxer is enough to earn it its spot in Forza's car roster. Hopefully, it may soon receive enough friends to become part of a new Division of its own...

+ It only took Porsche one try to get the handling of a F1 car right
- Absolutely unequipped to deal with its competition

Nurburgring laptime: 07:39.275

But wait, it's not over! There is something else...

...and just in time to rob the 804 of the title of "fastest Porsche in the December Content Update". The latest in a long line of 911 GT racers marks a radical departure from the traditional rear-engined formula; after years of resisting the march of technology, Porsche had to give up and move the flat-6 engine of their most famous creation in front of the rear axle, in order to find room for a massive diffuser. The result is the most competitive Porsche the WEC GTE class has seen in years. It is baffling that T10 choose to add this car in such a sneaky way, and less important rides such as the Nissan Safari as paid DLC content; but then, I don't think this is grounds for complaining, only rejoicing. Sadly, despite wearing the 2017 Le Mans livery, the car depicted here seems to be an IMSA car: this means that it's fitted with the first, quieter revision of the exhaust system. And with the stock setup the car lacks the downforce necessary to make the rear end grip the tarmac properly... But it seems that ten seconds in the tuning menu are sufficient to fix this specific problem, and after that, the new RSR is a force to be reckoned with.

+ Finally, a contemporary GT racer!
- Rear end is slippery, and no Le Mans exhaust makes me sad

Nurburgring laptime: 07:06.336

Thats the thing though. Those 1-2 sure hits, 1-3 maybes, and remaining oddities are going to vary from person to person. It'll be impossible to have a 100% want across the board. I want a Toyota Aristo and many other 4 door JDM vehicles, I doubt many others do though.
I would go so far as to say "not really".
The populous on the internet tends to be the pickiest, complainiest, and most specialty- seeking by a large margin.

This 85 Safari is a perfect example. I wouldn't be surprised to see an achievement for driving this car have less than a 1% rate.

It's pretty easy to figure out what's usually going to be more popular.

If it's a vehicle that doesn't actually belong on racing circuits, it won't be popular in a circuit racing game.

I do find it a good source of information, the fact how many people instantaneously bring up "hypercars". As if there's no middle ground between 1,000hp racing machines, and 108hp suv's from 30 years ago.

There are literally thousands of cars that people would receive better than any SUV.

I can't help but notice how calculated these packs are.

It makes sense when they have to add on top of more than 700 cars, i.e. many staples, classics and legends are already in the game. It's probably no easy task to find and secure seven highly sought after cars for nearly every month every year. It shows and throwing all their best eggs in one basket would probably backfire later on, at least under Forza's non-stop business model.

Back