December Doritos Car Pack Revealed

While 2 of the SUVs included in the pack are Track capable, I can't help but to notice that the TrackHawk is pretty much the in-game Jeep SRT w/ different badges, I can upgrade the stock motor to 707 hp myself, why should i pay for a 2.99 dlc that does practically the same thing. The others are a yuge WTF.

The TrackHawk is actually debatably worse than the regular Jeep SRT. It exceeds the power limit for the division so needs restrictor plates to be homologated anyway, and it also can't get a Racing V8 (NASCAR) swap like the regular SRT can.

Overall I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with this pack. I don't really have any issues with adding new SUVs, but when 2 out of the 7 cars aren't even new models but essentially updated versions of existing models it feels like a waste.

I really like this pack. That BMW takes the crown for me, all the way.

And it is so nice to see an old regular car, even if it's an SUV. That Safari is the one known as Patrol in other countries, right? I'm very familiar with that truck and love to have it in the game. Lovely engine too! We need more Diesel!

Other cars I liked were the Chevy in its stock form (no more hoon-whatever nonsense). The Bugatti is beautiful as well.

The cayenne is not very significant to be outstanding. Same engine as the Panamera and not too different from the older Cayenne. Just more modern genericness, as beastly as it might be.

The Jeep almost falls in the same category. Not too much difference and variety. The biggest problem with it being that it's absolutely useless thanks to Homologation. We have two other cars with the same engine that suffer the same. I would rather have a ZJ, SJ or XJ.

Quite like the BMW 328. Did a 5 lap race on Hockenheim Nat against E Class cars and it was really fun to drive, and was pretty quick to, beating a Ford Crown Vic and XTS Limo.

I then tried the Nissan Patrol and oh my god was it awful. Has the worst acceleration of any car I've driven on Forza. Only managed a 2:24 around Rio National, which was the 4th slowest dirty lap in the entire division, making it slower than some stock Willy's Jeeps. Even on the steep downhill section it only hit 103 MPH. I'm sure this thing would be loads of fun to go off-roading in Horizon but it just feels useless in FM7.

Porsche 804 is my favourite so far, just a blast to drive and amazingly fast for an A Class car even with just 200 BHP. If only it was put into the right division.

Will try and give the rest a go tomorrow

Not overly thrilled with it, the Porsche is probably the most interesting, but since it’s in the Forza Special division I will have to do a work around to let it race with it’s 60s counterparts.

Is this the first time a Porsche car has been released in a normal DLC pack? If so, finally!

Not a big fan of the pack, but it's not that bad. Liking the classic cars & that new Porsche. With it being the 'Doritos' pack, I was expecting something a bit more crazy. Like a big muscle car with 2000hp with a huge Holly turbocharger sticking out of the bonnet.:D

Is this the first time a Porsche car has been released in a normal DLC pack? If so, finally!

Not a big fan of the pack, but it's not that bad. Liking the classic cars & that new Porsche. With it being the 'Doritos' pack, I was expecting something a bit more crazy. Like a big muscle car with 2000hp with a huge Holly turbocharger sticking out of the bonnet.:D

There was a Porsche last month.

This car pack is pretty disappointed. Hopefully this is the worst one out of all the packs in the car pass. So what’s this I hear about the 911 RS

So Turn 10 thought it would be funny to put the Porsche 804 in the ridiculous Forza Specials division.....and the BMW 328.....I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING THROUGH THEIR HEADS. :banghead:

So Turn 10 thought it would be funny to put the Porsche 804 in the ridiculous Forza Specials division.....and the BMW 328.....I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING THROUGH THEIR HEADS. :banghead:

I can understand the BMW, but the Porsche is just baffling considering there is a 60s F1 division and that’s exactly what the Porsche is.

It’s easy enough to work around it just like the Giulia last month (it should be Sport Luxury), but it’s still annoying.

1926 Bugatti Type 35C

1939 BMW 328

1955 Chevrolet 150 Utility Sedan

1962 Porsche 804

1985 Nissan Safari Turbo

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk

2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

So there you have it, all seven cars from the December DLC.

Wait, what's this? Down at the bottom of the box of cereal is a toy surprise!

2017 Porsche #92 Porsche GT Team 911 RSR

Last edited:
EFDC7A50-6691-480A-AF64-FD926C5F2497.jpeg

Wow, everyone is losing their mind because of this pack. Love it or hate it, it's here. I am sensing some kind of expansion revolving rally cross or maybe even Stadium Trucks :)

The Patrol/Safari is my MVP this pack but other than the Trailhawk I'm pretty indifferent to the rest. I don't mind the SUV/Trucks but it sure is a big waste if they are putting these in now just to have them ready for Horizon 4, as everyone has already said.

The Porsche 804 is surprisingly fun to drive and handles much better than other cars in it's class, very stable and smooth in the corners.

FH3 often prioritized motorsport-esque DLC and now FM7 is apparently doing the same with off-road cars. It's obviously part of the early access pattern. I bet half of these cars are upfront car list reveals for the next Forza game. Best solution is not to buy the car passes and save the new arrivals for the next game.

FH3 often prioritized motorsport-esque DLC and now FM7 is apparently doing the same with off-road cars. It's obviously part of the early access pattern. I bet half of these cars are upfront car list reveals for the next Forza game. Best solution is not to buy the car passes and save the new arrivals for the next game.
With their rolling release schedules it makes sense, FH4 is being made as we speak, so I expect most of these to show up there. Car pass is indeed like early access to new content, if you never buy DLC you will get bigger content jumps between stock games, from 200 cars in FM5 to 460 in FM6 to 700 in FM7, hell if you don't like buying a game every 2 years and wait 4 years for example, you will jump from 200 straight to 700 cars, that's a pretty big increase. The only thing I wonder about is if at some point Forza will have too many cars for Turn10 to afford the license fees and we will see a ceiling reached on the car list. Hasn't happened yet, but we will be talking 900-1000 cars in Forza 8, aside from GT6 no one has ever provided this much content, so it will be interesting to see how far up it can go.

Back