Delayed April 2015

• Thread starter ChrisWAFC
  • 370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's being delayed.. Because everyone wants more car in to the game. So to do that, they need to delay the game. They can release, then make us pay for the cars. For cars that should have been in the game in the 1st place. I think it's a good idea.

How is it delayed 2 years?

It was going to be out on the PS3, then they canceled that and now that the PS4 is a year old, tack on a few more months there....

Jerome

It was going to be out on the PS3, then they canceled that and now that the PS4 is a year old, tack on a few more months there....

Jerome
WMD voted not have it on last gen before it even was developed for ps3 and xbox 360, so its been 3 years with a very small team and budget. In comparison to drive club and gt they're doing well. They don't have issues in the studio like drive club did unless you count a broken coffee machine. Perhaps gtp could Kickstarter a fund for a coffee machine and donate it to SMS ?

On a good note I hope in March their will be a LE steelbook for North America
I had a bad feeling if it did come out in November because of all this "patch " talk , it works out for PC because they can get pushed out fast . Consule not so much it can take months to pass QA (cough ,cough GAS )
Know before the war starts that its all the damn consules falt the game got delated , the forums would blow up if it was full of bugs

GOOD MOVE SMS

We are getting a more polished game in return so I don't have any problem with that. Looking at it currently, it would be impossible to release the game on November on a decent state and fullfil the premise of the game, otherwise we could be looking at another Driveclub fiasco.

Another thing to mention is that they had the game on the same week where the giants such as GTA V, Far Cry 4, COD were being released so that would just be sending the game to death on its current state and this game really needed to succeed.

Huh? Where did you get that from?

They delayed it once when it was supposed to be out on PS3, then again when they said it would be out only on next gen consoles, now a few more months. Granted there was no 'hard release date' before, however, they did say what quarter the game could be expected in the past.

Jerome

If you think so. Or rather: If you desperately need to reckon something right now... Why not lay back, watch how it turns out and see how it goes? You guys have us WMD members answering your questions, so if we say "Its all börked!" come February, then you can still give it a miss.

Edit: You need to type faster, Myles! :D
I don't recall anyone saying it was all borked the last few weeks. Are you saying you'll be able to be more open about the state of the game in 4 months?

@Johnnypenso is gonna be saaaaaaaaaaad

Ok well I'm sad too. I was quite excited for P.Cars next month as an after exams present for myself but damn, now the wait extends...

Tis good and bad for Sms though. Good in the sense of they have time to iron out any bug that surfaces and get that consistent 1080p 60fps on the PS4 (I just bought one so please SMS)

Lastly, bad in the sense of expectations are going to be way higher than before now since they have more time to work on the game.

SMS can we please get a Subaru in the game now since you have some time ?

That is quite a disappointment.
Could have stayed with my G25 and wait for the price of the T300 te come down.

But that's life.
Now let's hope they can finish the game .

Jerome

It's more like 18 or so months rather than two years. I like the idea of the rescheduling since it means more content can be put into the game. It's better than releasing a game, then having to wait more than a year for the rest of the promised features to come such as course creator, community features, etc. :rolleyes:

Ugh. This really really sucks. I'm so bummed out.

I'll probably pick up the Crew now I guess though

I need to shoot that duck down. A course creator was never in the plans for pcars. Even if you are referring to gt6.

After almost $1000 on a T500rs and TH8A in preparation for the release I will now have to build a pc. No way GT6 can hold me over until March!
I'm quite bummed but I will live with AC, GSC and LFS and am glad that Pcars isn't being rushed.

I'm waiting for Project Morpheus to come out before buying it anyway.

Not sure how the PS4 will handle PM. Even high end PCs are on their limit with the OC DK2. You need 75 fps to get a good experience. And 1080p seems to low for VR. People who own OC DK2 say that 2K is the minimum resolution you need.

After almost $1000 on a T500rs and TH8A in preparation for the release I will now have to build a pc. No way GT6 can hold me over until March!
I'm quite bummed but I will live with AC, GSC and LFS and am glad that Pcars isn't being rushed.

Yep best thing you can do is build an good gaming PC. There are really good sims for it.

Well damn, I guessed I could've held off on my T300 RS purchase then. :lol:

Oh well, I was really looking forward to the game but if they feel the game needs to be delayed in order to provide the best and most complete product they can, more power to them. Hopefully the NA region will be able to pre-order the Limited Edition before March...

It's more like 18 or so months rather than two years. I like the idea of the rescheduling since it means more content can be put into the game. It's better than releasing a game, then having to wait more than a year for the rest of the promised features to come such as course creator, community features, etc. :rolleyes:

For sure, I'm just bummed.

Jerome

I don't recall anyone saying it was all borked the last few weeks. Are you saying you'll be able to be more open about the state of the game in 4 months?

There were enough things that we mentioned here which still need work as of now or that would have needed a post-release update if the game would have launched in November.

Bummer. But honestly, at the same time, it's good that they delayed it. If it means to release the game complete, bug free and containing lots of content, than fine by me. Unlike a certain developer that makes false promises, releases his game half-complete with bugs and glitches left in that'll need thousands of patches to solve, and add in features "in a future update" only to wait 12 or more months for.

Good decision SMS. 👍

They delayed it once when it was supposed to be out on PS3, then again when they said it would be out only on next gen consoles, now a few more months. Granted there was no 'hard release date' before, however, they did say what quarter the game could be expected in the past.

Jerome

You'll never win an argument in here. I'm not going to bother arguing with them. The reason I say no buy for me now is also my backlog will be huge by then plus I'll hopefully be working and saving for an overseas holiday. We all have different priorities in life and they are mine.

I know you guys want to iron things out but don't make excuses about waiting for after the holiday period to sell your game. There's got to be something fishy if it can't compete with big titles. Oh I wonder how much hate ill get for my opinion.

You'll never win an argument in here. I'm not going to bother arguing with them. The reason I say no buy for me now is also my backlog will be huge by then plus I'll hopefully be working and saving for an overseas holiday. We all have different priorities in life and they are mine.

I know you guys want to iron things out but don't make excuses about waiting for after the holiday period to sell your game. There's got to be something fishy if it can't compete with big titles. Oh I wonder how much hate ill get for my opinion.
No hate for your opinion. But its telling that youi think you have to "win" a discussion.

Not sure how the PS4 will handle PM. Even high end PCs are on their limit with the OC DK2. You need 75 fps to get a good experience. And 1080p seems to low for VR. People who own OC DK2 say that 2K is the minimum resolution you need.

Yep best thing you can do is build an good gaming PC. There are really good sims for it.

PCARS will be irrelevant by time that comes out. get pcars on pc and rift cv1

I don't like playing driving/racing games on my PC. It's a pain in the ass when I try to use the computer for anything else.

No hate for your opinion. But its telling that youi think you have to "win" a discussion.

Nope all I'm saying is people have different opinions and they are mine. I just hate how I say something on here and people start praising project cars like a god and I'm the devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back