Deltawing just went missing! UPDATE: Reappeared, but got a child.

• Thread starter dr_slump
  • 609 comments

What's your emotional status now?

• Total voters
Probably the original and the Panoz created one ..... Ughh or the "shiny one" as many call it

There are two different cars apparently we will get.. The original, and the Panoz created one

Both will be the open top... The 2012 was nicked out last year by an r18, and the 2013 Panoz Deltawing is the open... Otherwise, if any mention is made about a coupe Deltawing, that is the closed bubble monocoque racer..

Just gonna be pedantic, and point out it was actually a Toyota TS030 that hit the DW.

Great to see two back. What powerplant is in the other silver one? Was it not HPD or Elan?

Anyways, does the shape of the Deltawing have any advantages over a conventional shaped car? I mean, you get less grip from the tires, since they're much smaller, the car's smaller, so you'll get hit accidentally more (like in the 24h of Le Mans), and doesn't look that safe. lol

Just gonna be pedantic, and point out it was actually a Toyota TS030 that hit the DW.

Great to see two back. What powerplant is in the other silver one? Was it not HPD or Elan?

Not mistaken a Mazda-based Elan motor for the silver DW.

How about step brother twice removed :lol:
9b69c30d_282-mother-of-god.jpeg

EDIT: why are they so big?! -_-

Maybe the Deltawing offspring is the b'stard child of a Nissan GTR after a Mobil 1 session behind the factory workshop :scared:

Just read the news that we'll get both, absolutely fantastic to hear.
Glad we didn't lose the 2012 Le Mans car, would've been a shame.

Fantastic news, great to hear this has been sorted enough to allow this back into the game. One car that I was really looking forward to testing.

How about redheaded step-child? :sly:
the ugly batkid

im not good at names btw..
Not mistaken a Mazda-based Elan motor for the silver DW.

Yes the silver one has the engines that do not blow up every race or so... Got tired of that before nissan and Panoz grouped up..

On another note, Panoz is ruining the word "innovation". as if he was going to come out with a production model. In fact, I think I read that he would keep the car strictly under his ownership, no even allowing customer race groups..

Ridiculous man doing ridiculous things for a ridiculous cause... (Is that even spelled correctly?)

How about step brother twice removed :lol:[/quote

The ugly fokker

Hmph, I remember myself saying that maybe the Deltawing is back since it was still on the GT website. I also recall nobody believing me. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!

I'm surprised Mclaren don't sue them for livery fraud. Unless they have a deal together. Every time I see that car I think Mclaren.

Reappeared, but got a child.

I'm thinking more along the lines of evil twin, complete with twirly mustache and goatee.

Anyways, does the shape of the Deltawing have any advantages over a conventional shaped car? I mean, you get less grip from the tires, since they're much smaller, the car's smaller, so you'll get hit accidentally more (like in the 24h of Le Mans), and doesn't look that safe. lol

Think of it this way. You need suspension and tires where there's a car that needs to be suspended and stuck to the road. All of that is done at the rear of the car. The nose merely exists to point the car and has no weight, so it needs very little in terms of suspension or tire to hold it off the ground. The rear tires do all the work. Acceleration, turning, braking. The front tires are simply there to hold the front up.

The car's size is not the issue. The rear end is as wide as anything else, so if you're coming up to pass, it's just like passing a regular car. The issue is that the Deltawing corners differently from other cars, so the braking and turning points can catch other drivers unaware.

It was never good in cornering compared to other cars it competed against (lmp class). Though the straight line speed was good as was acceleration. It will be a unique car to drive if depicted right.

Anyone else know what the rest of the new cars on the list are? So far I've found:

Delta wing 12
Delta wing 13
Acura NSX
Honda NSX
LFA NP

But the list went from 1196 to 1207...Where are the last 4 car? Also, why do they all say they are new to the series now?

Deltawing '12 is the black one with Nissan decals an the '13 is the chrome one.
Acura NSX and the Honda NSX are the same car. It's just the newest NSX that's been traded since GT5.
LFA NP is the Nurburgring Package

Deltawing '12 is the black one with Nissan decals an the '13 is the chrome one.
Acura NSX and the Honda NSX are the same car. It's just the newest NSX that's been traded since GT5.
LFA NP is the Nurburgring Package

I know that all of the cars are that I've found so far. But I can't find out why the total is 1207 instead of 1203.

Back