Deltawing just went missing! UPDATE: Reappeared, but got a child.

• Thread starter dr_slump
  • 609 comments

What's your emotional status now?

• Total voters
Yeah, this bites. It's not a massive loss to me, but somebody jerking PD around this close to release makes me a little mad.

I might be licensing, as far as I understand, Forza/Turn 10 has exclusivity to ALMS and the ALMS + Grand-Am merged series in 2014, the license may include all participating cars, and Deltawing is a participator.

If not this then...

Because Polyphony has a close working relationship with Nissan they've probably been told by Nissan to not include the Deltawing.

That's nothing special, it's basically a faster car catching and passing a slower car which happens to have greater top speed, like when Vettel in a Red Bull passes Hulkenberg in the Sauber.

You just contradicted yourself.

I might be licensing, as far as I understand, Forza/Turn 10 has exclusivity to ALMS and the ALMS + Grand-Am merged series in 2014, the license may include all participating cars, and Deltawing is a participator.

If not this then...

Because Polyphony has a close working relationship with Nissan they've probably been told by Nissan to not include the Deltawing.

Except the Deltawing open top is not part of the USCR. Only the Coupe version.

EDIT: Deltawing still exists here... http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_8646105.html

You just contradicted yourself.

Except the Deltawing open top is not part of the USCR. Only the Coupe version.
Not really a contradiction if I say the "vs" is just a faster car (Muscle Milk Pickett Acura) passing a slower car that just happens to be quick in a straight line. Were there any other instances where the car was this competitive? No.

Also the open top car was completing in ALMS in the early part of the season, it was then withdrawn as they prepared the closed top, if you want to turn this into a silly arguement I'll just bombard you with images, press releases and articles you silly little troll.

I don't think that they have removed it the car list that was issued on the gran turismo website is not complete yet. Kaz said that the game will feature 1200+ cars so it'll probably come out as a DLC. I mean come on if they added the Lunar car they will defi itley add the Delta Wing. We'll just have to wait and see guys! :)

If not this then...

I have been hearing a lot about Forza/Turn10 exclusivity lately if its true to seems PD has been really slacking on preemptively getting licenses.

I have been hearing a lot about Forza/Turn10 exclusivity lately if its true to seems PD has been really slacking on preemptively getting licenses.
If you know your football games PD could become the new Konami with PES vs Fifa...
Meaning one (EA) buy's all the licenses and the other has to do with scraps.

Don't get the issue, We have the original car not the ZOED supposed copy.If it's a beef with Nissan then also why does the car have to be removed?

PD are in bed with Nissan though. That's where things could get messy, if PD are on the 'side' of Nissan then they may have been advised not to include the original. Childish legal tittle tattle in other words.

Don't get the issue, We have the original car not the ZOED supposed copy.If it's a beef with Nissan then also why does the car have to be removed?
Because there is a investigation now regarding copyright issues by nissan regarding the whole deltawing concept, it wouldn't be wise for Nissan to claim it as their product in GT6 no?

Not really a contradiction if I say the "vs" is just a faster car (Muscle Milk Pickett Acura) passing a slower car that just happens to be quick in a straight line. Were there any other instances where the car was this competitive? No.

Also the open top car was completing in ALMS in the early part of the season, it was then withdrawn as they prepared the closed top, if you want to turn this into a silly arguement I'll just bombard you with images, press releases and articles you silly little troll.

And you mentioned the USCR, which is what you said Forza had a license to. ALMS exists no more. Also it was not the NISSAN-powered DeltaWing. Coming back with facts is not trolling.

No they haven't. Every single one has carried over from GT5.
Yeah, I don't know where that rumor came from. It got me excited when I first heard
it thinking that duplicates were finally removed, looked at the car list, and felt duped.

They won't, all the big guys don't respond...
You underestimate the power of a collective voice.

If this entire forum threw it's weight around we could probably get a lot done if we tried. But we always have "They won'y listen to us" or "I don't need to participate, they'll either get it done or it won't happen" types which prevent things from getting done.

Maybe PD realized the Delta Wing is actually shaped after a part of the male body and decided to pull it off the game (pun not intended)...

PD are in bed with Nissan though. That's where things could get messy, if PD are on the 'side' of Nissan then they may have been advised not to include the original. Childish legal tittle
Because there is a investigation now regarding copyright issues by nissan regarding the whole deltawing concept, it wouldn't be wise for Nissan to claim it as their product in GT6 no?

tattle in other words.
I see, hope it gets resolved soon, PD don't have anything to gain by this sadly but you're right PD and Nissan have a huge partnership so Nissan will be key to this.

I see, hope it gets resolved soon, PD don't have anything to gain by this sadly but you're right PD and Nissan have a huge partnership so Nissan will be key to this.

And Nissan withdrew support for DW program so I don't think it's too good :(

You underestimate the power of a collective voice.

If this entire forum threw it's weight around we could probably get a lot done if we tried. But we always have "They won'y listen to us" or "I don't need to participate, they'll either get it done or it won't happen" types which prevent things from getting done.

Jordan created a feedback section on the website, thousands of people voted and PD barely took any notice. I'm not sure how much more we as a forum can "throw our weight around".

Back