Destiny 2

• Thread starter Katiegan
  • 320 comments
Page 8 in the forum resurrection.

The new Faction Rally starts today. Naturally Dead Orbit will win.

Oh btw I actually want to play this game on a regular basis again. Week one was the last time i felt like this but it didnt last this long thats for sure.

Oh btw I actually want to play this game on a regular basis again. Week one was the last time i felt like this but it didnt last this long thats for sure.
Not surprising. D2 felt more like D1 pre release version 0.9 to me.

There's a nice boss battle waiting for you in the war mind update if you have the season pass.

Well this Rally is outstanding. Every time you do something of significance you get ranked up which gives more a bigger challenge. You do less damage, you take more damage and your health doesn't regenerate in combat. I did a lost sector, the one in the church, at max 5 and got 40 tokens for it. I tried it again but I'd been reset to zero rep so it was much easier and ranked me up to one again. Four hours in the EDZ! I dont think I've ever spend that long there.

I left 150 gigs of free space on my ps4 to download the patch whilst im away from it. Still not certain thats actually enough :lol:

I've done the solo stuff I usually do to get 5,000 exp for my clan but not a single thing I do earns anything now. Before this update I'd have got 2,750 last evening. All I got was 750 for completing a head shot bounty. Has this been changed or is it because I haven't bought the DLC.

Think it was changed to bounty only now...at least from what I can tell. I used to be able to knock out the 5k milestone in a couple hours (ish) doing the flashpoint and a few patrols or adventures. So far all I have is the 750 bounty from Hawthorne. Hoping there are more ways to earn clan xp because I am awful at Crucible unless mayhem is up.

That sucks. I too used to get 5,000 done in one session and my other two characters over the next two days.

Now, if you suck at PvP, like me, you are stuck with 750 exp per day. That is 4,500 over six days so you need the seventh day to complete. If you miss ONE day you cannot hit 5,000.

Uhhh, clan xp doesnt do a whole lot anyways man, does it?
You mean apart from a legendary engram each week that is higher light than anything else you can put in that slot and thus assists in leveling up your light?

You mean apart from a legendary engram each week that is higher light than anything else you can put in that slot and thus assists in leveling up your light?
How do you get that engram again? I seriously never payed it any attention cuz it just seemed to show up without me having to do anything special.

How do you get that engram again? I seriously never payed it any attention cuz it just seemed to show up without me having to do anything special.
Once you are a member of a clan you can add 5,000 exp per character to the clan each week. When you get to 5,000 exp you go to the tower and talk to Hawthorn. She is in the same side of the tower as new monarchy and Ikora.

I decided to pick up the expansion, even though I told my self I wasn't. I have no self control :(. Haven't played thoroughly since sometime last year so everything is just confusing to me and its like relearning the game over again. I'm really like that shaders don't cost credits on most things anymore, but to nitpick, now I'm losing shaders like crazy :lol:

I've barely started the campaign missions and I'm taking my time trying to learn everything, but I'm really liking the Bow's. There's something about it when you just nail constant precision one-hit-kills. One thing I dont like is the new infusion process. I heard it's easier to get masterwork cores at higher levels, but right now I'm in a bind cus I dont wan't to lose my old weapons lol.

Yeah, I love how they went back to the old system where you can infuse any primary slot weapon into another primary slot weapon. It was really irritating having only pulse rifles go into another pulse rifle, especially if it was in the secondary slot.

Yeah, I love how they went back to the old system where you can infuse any primary slot weapon into another primary slot weapon. It was really irritating having only pulse rifles go into another pulse rifle, especially if it was in the secondary slot.
I'm indifferent. While I like that, I don't like that it now requires a resources that is relatively harder to come by. Although, that was Pre-Forsaken, so from what I've heard that seems to be different now(?)

I'm indifferent. While I like that, I don't like that it now requires a resources that is relatively harder to come by. Although, that was Pre-Forsaken, so from what I've heard that seems to be different now(?)

I think gathering the resources necessary becomes a lot easier after the characters are up to level. I’m not entirely sure because I just got to 500 LL, but over time I’ll have a better understanding of how much grinding is needed.

For some reason I wish the first Destiny was still alive. This second instalment feels a little too... complicated. I don't know, maybe big is a better word.

All these countless mods and masterworks are probably what set me off. I honestly thought that the random rolling of the guns and grinding for the perfect weapon in D1 was enough in itself.

Although I love how you can apply skins to weapons now, it doesn't force you change the shader of your entire armour just because the weapons that you particularly like don't match your taste of colours.

Haven't played thoroughly since sometime last year so everything is just confusing to me and its like relearning the game over again.

Same here. Played the first mission or so of Curse of Osiris and haven't touched it since before Warmind or Forsaken came out. I've heard the game is really good now so I went on it for a bit on Saturday and completely forgot how to play it. :lol:

Same here. Played the first mission or so of Curse of Osiris and haven't touched it since before Warmind or Forsaken came out. I've heard the game is really good now so I went on it for a bit on Saturday and completely forgot how to play it. :lol:
That was, and still is, me. I'm going to sit down today and thoroughly check out all the little details. Something about it is definitely drawing me back though. I'm also enjoying that you can have a sniper in your primary slot as well :lol:

That was, and still is, me. I'm going to sit down today and thoroughly check out all the little details. Something about it is definitely drawing me back though. I'm also enjoying that you can have a sniper in your primary slot as well :lol:
Gambit's really fun.

Picked this up for free from PS Plus.. The game is so big, even the guides seem too big :D

Should I just follow the main story as a beginner?

Yeah, it'll open up some side quests and whatnot that you can do once you get somewhat into the story. Things like adventures or patrols

Back