PS3 - Tech Demo
maxresdefault.jpg

PS4 - Detroit: Become Human
img5334_07.jpg

Reality - Valerie Curry
vc1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very interesting... 👍
Thank goodness for developers like Quantic Dream. Video games have so much un-tapped potential in terms of interactive storytelling, so much so, that if there were more pioneering developers we might actually see them overtake film as the most versatile, not to mention profitable medium.

Definitely looks interesting to say the least. I look forward to seeing more as I loved Heavy Rain.

Great video! Defiantly has lots of emotion to it! So many games lack a good and deep story these days. Can't wait to see what Quantic Dreams has cooking next.

Obviously they are aiming to squeeze every last drop out of the PS3 and its good to see. I wonder if Quantic would consider taking this video further as a new IP, or whether its purely going to remain just a tech video?

BTW, this is the official Youtube video.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is incorporated into their next game somehow. Do you guys remember The Casting tech demo? That's Lauren(?) from the game, different voice though IIRC. I was so sad when I killed her in the HR on my first playthrough.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is incorporated into their next game somehow. Do you guys remember The Casting tech demo? That's Lauren(?) from the game, different voice though IIRC. I was so sad when I killed her in the HR on my first playthrough.
Indeed, I remember that tech demo. 👍 It's quite possible Kara msy end up in QD's next release. I can't wait to see what they have coming up.

SPOILER! Highlight if you wish to see text below
The scene with Shelby escaping the sinking car and leaving Lauren behind in the car was sad for me, I didn't want to do it, but it had to be done, I needed to see all the possible endings for Heavy Rain.

Last edited:
Why dont they use this technology for something like Final Fantasy? I mean Final Fantasy has never used realistic looking art styles. The rendered anime look is so played on in turn based RPG's.

Really tired of the 20 something pixie haircutted girl being the main character in quantum dream games.

Looking good. Hated Heavy Rain, but loved Beyond Two Souls. I wonder how I'll actually feel about Detroit Become Human when I finally get to play it. Hope there's a demo.

Game appears to be shaping up to be Quantic Dream's best yet. The domestic violence scene appears to be a bit over-the-top performance-wise though... hopefully it's not as hammy in the full game as the trailer made it seem.

Game appears to be shaping up to be Quantic Dream's best yet. The domestic violence scene appears to be a bit over-the-top performance-wise though... hopefully it's not as hammy in the full game as the trailer made it seem.

Thought the same thing, the actor playing the father isn't very good imho. The acting in B2S was of extremely high quality mostly thanks to Page & Dafoe.

Pre orders now available on PS Store; release date is the 25th of May 2018.

If there is one game that would make me buy a PS4, this is it. I need more interactive story-telling games in my life (Which I say after completing the Farewell episode of Life Is Strange: Before The Storm yesterday!)

If there is one game that would make me buy a PS4, this is it. I need more interactive story-telling games in my life (Which I say after completing the Farewell episode of Life Is Strange: Before The Storm yesterday!)
Thats if this is any good as Beyond was awful after a pretty good Heavy Rain.

Personally I thought that Heavy Rain was abysmal, whereas Beyond is my fav game of all time.

Personally I've enjoyed all the Quantic Dream games I've played (Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, Beyond), but they definitely all have some serious problems.

They're interactive B-grade SyFy movies with Hollywood quality production values. And I'm ok with that. :lol:

Now, don't take this personally, but is there any series that you do actually like ;) Seems that any thread for a new or upcoming game I've seen lately, there is a similar post from yourself in there saying something similar.

Back