DFGT settings for Shift 2?

• Thread starter hedges
  • 47 comments
SanchoPapa
SanchoPapa
Does anyone have suggested settings for the DFGT? I got my copy earlier and played for half an hour only (had an errand to run) and I found the controls to be a little to twitchy compared to GT5, F1 2010, an even Shift 1.

I need good settings too for 900degree because if the driving in the game is like this, I just will uninstall it.

Hi guys, i've played with them a bit and here's what I like:

FFB: 100
steering deadzone: 0
steering sensitivity: 60
throttle/break deadzone: 0
throttle/break sensitivity: 100
clutch N/A
Speed sensitivity: 10
steering lock: 400

Note: this is for ps3, not pc.

I haven't tried drifting so i left those alone.

@EXALT1K. 900 degrees would be nice but the game was built for somewhere between 270-360. So setting to 900 just stretches that range across 900 degrees of turning your wheel, I doubt you would find something to make that work.

clutch N/A

@EXALT1K. 900 degrees would be nice but the game was built for somewhere between 270-360. So setting to 900 just stretches that range across 900 degrees of turning your wheel, I doubt you would find something to make that work.

Besides that most race cars dont have 900 degrees steering

You can also try leaving the wheel set at 900 degrees and adjusting the steering rack for individual cars.

clutch N/A

Ok mate, will try that, thanks!

I've searched all over the place for some good settings and cannot find anything that works for me so i decided to do some tinkering myself.These settings i've come up with are pretty dang good and it is making this game so much more enjoyable for me.

One note to add,i have no idea how to drift properly so just leave those like they are.This set-up is for racing only.

Here are my settings for my DFGT and they are in order from top to bottom.I will use abbreviations for the settings names.

Settings for Driving Force GT Wheel

FFS - 100%
SD - 3%
SS - 70%
TD - 0%
TS - 40%
BD - 0%
BS - 40%
CD - Default
CS - Default
SS - 70%
SS(D) - Default
SL - 420
SL(D) - Default

Hope you guys enjoy these settings as much as i do 👍

Edit:I found that having the Speed Sensitivity at 70% helps out the steering quite a bit as well.

Last edited:
cool ,Ive been looking too and cant find the right settings Ill give yours a try, thanks for posting them.. add me if you want my psn is FinnZevo

Hi starfire, i changed to yours from mine that were posted above. I definitely liked the feel of the wheel in turns. But I also felt i was steering more than what felt natural so i went back to 400.

Hi starfire, i changed to yours from mine that were posted above. I definitely liked the feel of the wheel in turns. But I also felt i was steering more than what felt natural so i went back to 400.

Nice man.Glad you like the feel of 400.I too was using 400 for a while,but once i put it to 420 i found myself pulling faster laptimes.It could just be a mind thing though,because it is just 20 degrees more. :)

Starfire I'm using your settings but what really helped was increasing the steering lock in the garage->tuning. There's two different steering lock options. One I set to 85 the other I maxed out. Works so much better now!

Starfire I'm using your settings but what really helped was increasing the steering lock in the garage->tuning. There's two different steering lock options. One I set to 85 the other I maxed out. Works so much better now!

i'km interested can you explain better what you've done? thanks.

However it works on ps3?.. a friend can't use it and i don't know why.

@starfire: i tried your settings last night, needs some tweaking for me though but definitely better.

I also tried to use my HKS racing controller and I must say it felt more responsive than the wheel. With all the gripes in several threads here, I'm starting to believe this game needs to be patched.

i'km interested can you explain better what you've done? thanks.

However it works on ps3?.. a friend can't use it and i don't know why.

From the main menu go to Garage->My Cars

Select your car (youll have to do this for each one)
Press X for actions
Select Tune
Create
There's all sorts of stuff to play with in here. All ive done so far is this
Press Square for Quick
First one should be steering defaulted at 50. I increase mine to 85
Square back to advanced
R2 to alignment
Steering lock. Defaulted around the mid level. I maxed mine out.

X to accept and save. And you can save these settings to individual tracks or all tracks. up to you. I chose all just to give me something to start with. When i learn the tracks i can go back and make adjustments.

With these settings and a limited edition Lamborghini cop car, i was able to place first in a multiplayer race last night. yay :)

I tested your settings ,they work pretty good,ive been testing all kinds of differant settings i have found and you are right about the Speed sensitivity setting at 70% ..that seems to fix alot,all these other settings i have found that everyone is setting it to 0%....

Hey StarFire,

Do you use any of the in-game assists like TC, Steering Assist etc?

I use Anti-Lock brakes and my TCS is set to low the first few times i'm driving a different car.It helps me get used to when the tires break traction.

As a temporary measure, I took someones advice from the EA forum and turned on steering assist. I found that most if not all of the lag went away. The car (Audi S8) feels like the cars in GT5. try it. I have all other assists off. I'm running a dsgt, and I have the sensitivity at 50%, dead zone at 0, and speed sensitivity at 40%.

As a temporary measure, I took someones advice from the EA forum and turned on steering assist. I found that most if not all of the lag went away. .

agreed, I took everything off at first and then started messing around with assists and I'm happy with steering assist on and everything else off

Steering assist on is really helping a lot but it doesn't feel like it's helping me to turn at all - well, it's doing the trick at least. :D

For those of you using steering assist, have you noticed in helmet cam the driver's hands twitch back and forth sometimes? Any quick fixes to that?

Back