Difference from Project Cars?

The arcade talk should be enough for anyone to know what the agenda their is. Not saying you stated it, but don't get why your spreading it.
The arcade talk should be enough for anyone to know what the agenda their is. Not saying you stated it, but don't get why your spreading it.

My opinion is an agenda ? because i have an opinion that differs from yours its an agenda ?

I already pre ordered it lol. Trust me, the Evora was enough.
Its refreshing to hear someone so interested in the Evora, its such a fantastic car that can go toe to toe with some of the superpowers.

About two weeks ago i had some of the best races ive had in AC using the Evora S versus other Mustangs, M3s, 1Ms a Scura and the M3 E30 Drift edition(has around 350bhp after the modifying)

The GTE goes up nicely againest the corvette c7 and sls amg, if you are fast you can go up againest the 458s with it.

The Evora GTC and GX are a bit odd though, too fast for GT4 but too slow for the GT3 cars. They should be about the same as Porsche carrera cup if that ever comes.

Last edited:
I never said it was your agenda, just that your spreading it. I don't get how you can compare the two games though when you haven't played one of them and NOBODY has played the version that's meant to be released.
Indeed, i see a lot of people taking conclusions about AC console versions by looking at videos of the pre-release versions without the day one patch. The version you are seeing now on the net is a few patches behind the pc version.

Really enjoyed Pcars on the PS4 since its release (may 2015) until feb 2016. update 9 had endless number of bugs so simply stopped playing.
AC (at least on PC for now) puts PCars to shame (when considering it has laser scanned tracks, a very releastic FFB...etc). Most hardcore sim racers simpy say that Pcars is an arcade!! (yeah i was shocked to hear it numerous times on sim racers group (3700 members).

Anyways, back to the point, what is different? Here are some on top of my mind.

1- road cars
2- Lambos
3- Ferrari
4- Formula 1 cars
5- Porsche (coming very soon)
6- FFB
7- Laser scanned tracks
8- Drifting
9- Japanese cars (RX7, MX5 cup car, GTR, R34...etc)
10- Maserati

28376340750_888895823f_o.png
28748264841_f54a2392f8_o.jpg

27796469234_68b2f964fb_o.jpg

28606657996_a797d7d270_o.jpg

Here are over 300 pictures if you are interested
https://flickr.com/photos/35602997@N02/sets/72157665658501763

Last edited:
its refreshing to hear someone so interested in the Evora, its such a fantastic car that can go toe to toe with some of the superpowers.

About two weeks ago i had some of the best races ive had in AC using the Evora S versus other Mustangs, M3s, 1Ms a Scura and the M3 E30 Drift edition(has around 350bhp after the modifying)

The GTE goes up nicely againest the corvette c7 and sls amg, if you are fast you can go up againest the 458s with it.

The Evora GTC and GX are a bit odd though, too fast for GT4 but too slow for the GT3 cars. They should be about the same as Porsche carrera cup if that ever comes.

Its my favorite car ever, its the one car I told my wife "I'm sorry, its not a neccesity but when all is well, I will buy it".

What's FFB? Also where can I learn how to properly tune? I guess I need a basic knowledge of racing cars?

Another question, I'm trying to learn how to use the paddle shifters on the wheel but have no idea when I should downshift, I either come to a complete stop or keep going into the grass.

P.S. We need more boards for AC like every other game has.

Its my favorite car ever, its the one car I told my wife "I'm sorry, its not a neccesity but when all is well, I will buy it".
Im sure you will enjoy the variety of evoras AC has. Was doing a trackday at Brands hatch several months back in a GT86 with a Evora GTE blasted by me every few laps, crazy how fast that car could go around corners.
What's FFB? Also where can I learn how to properly tune? I guess I need a basic knowledge of racing cars?

Another question, I'm trying to learn how to use the paddle shifters on the wheel but have no idea when I should downshift, I either come to a complete stop or keep going into the grass.

P.S. We need more boards for AC like every other game has.
FFB means force feedback, its the tension build up on the wheel in an attempt to give you an idea of what the car is doing.

As for the tuning here is how AC's one works, the cars are setup up standard to be stable but not very stable, there is a balance on the safe side so that you can understand the car, its unique characteristics for example does it understeer in corner entry or exit, does the powerband drop off after a certain rpm, does it struggle with bad camber or general areas with incline.

AC's ffb makes this reasonably easy to sort out as you just need to find a track you are comfortable with and then drive and you will find yourself noticing these issues and even catering for the problems automatically. Setups are done depending on how you drive and the track you are on.

First of all pick a car which is balanced, not insane but not too easy the M235 is the go to car for most people training with the game, the BMW M3 E30 DTM is another good option though you might struggle with the E30 if you arent used to not having ABS.

So lets stick with the simple things first such as Type PSi: higher the psi the higher the type temps, each tyre has a sweet spot so you want to hit the sweet area or try to get close to it for optimum grip, dont go crazy with the psi else you will overheat the tyres and spin and generally spinning isnt gonna help your laptimes. Then there is aero, some cars have adjustable spoilers or diveplanes or diffusers, the higher the degrees the higher the downforce meaning better turning but lower top speed it can get quite advanced once you get experienced. Once you think you have understood those two then move on to the other options and understand them and how they work, google it if you must.

d312ef3d4ff6403746e53b36f7e5c78d.png

The picture should show you the tyres in AC and their behaviours.

Ok paddles, right is to shift up, left is to go down. This paired with not knowing brake points can be a bit hard so what firstly want to do is only brake in a straight line try to get as used to doing that as possible, it helps a ton. Next if you are struggling with brake points then there are a few things to help.

Firstly line anything on the track which you can note down as a braking point, Monza has signs, Nords has road material changing, imola has marking from rubber. If you are still struggling then start a race with the ai, drive and try and keep up doesnt matter how you do, here is what matters, go to the replay and watch them, the guy in first is the best option and see where they are braking you will be surprised by how much you learn from just that, use the pedals app to see how much pressure for throttle or brakes are applied it could help even more.

I suggest hotlapping with your ghost, most of us are born competitive and wanting to improve so get that ghost in your sights and beat him, doesnt matter if you do bad, we have all been there hell ive got 1000 hours in AC and im still awful with the open wheelers.

And now ive hyped myself up so im off to go do some laps.

My wheel doesnt have FFB :-(, my biggest problem with shifting is I down shift too much(dont know how to drive stick IRL) should I just break then down shift when I'm going to accelerate again?

I.e. I'm doing 120 entering a corner, break downshift maybe once?

My wheel doesnt have FFB :-(, my biggest problem with shifting is I down shift too much(dont know how to drive stick IRL) should I just break then down shift when I'm going to accelerate again?

You need to down shift while braking to ensure that engine speed is matching the cars speed.

Half of the battle is knowing what gear the car needs to be in for the corner, start by watching replays of laps to pick up what gear to be in. That will give you a starting point.

Maybe this can help.

Indeed, i see a lot of people taking conclusions about AC console versions by looking at videos of the pre-release versions without the day one patch. The version you are seeing now on the net is a few patches behind the pc version.
Day one patches though. I have serious issues with the Interne
Well, you started out by agreeing with someone who only asked a "convince me" question. That's bias based on nothing valid.
Well, you started out by agreeing with someone who only asked a "convince me" question. That's bias based on nothing valid.

No. You are biased. Getting onboard with your friends. I have an opinion and you dont agree. Thats it. Just sayin. This site has gotten even worse than last time i was here. You see an opinion that doesn't match yours and simply cant accept it and all club together. In my view its a user friendly arcade version built to appeal to casuals. It has missing features, options, (fact) simplified version, (fact).

Last edited:
Maybe this can help.

Thanks mate, I'm practicing(PC) with the Focus RS, which is pretty easy and was doing very well until I switched to cockpit view, am I supposed to look at that very dark rpm meter to know when to shift?lmao

You know, both pCARS and AC have had loads of patches since their release (on the PC). They are both significantly improved over the original experience (and over the "Early Access" or "WMD backer" experience before that). They both have had their car and track rosters expanded nicely through DLC.

If you compare the two based on experience, it's only fair to compare like for like: PC version, latest patch, all DLC included.

For myself, assuming AC on consoles achieves the same FFB and driving quality as on the PC, I'd make the following statements on which of the two I prefer:
  • Track list : pCARS
  • Quality of the tarmac modelling : AC
  • Race car list : pCARS
  • Quality of the race car driving experience : AC
  • Road car list : AC
  • Quality of the road car driving experience : AC
  • AI : pCARS (although AC is now VERY close since the latest patch -> neither is perfect)
  • Track conditions, including Day/Night/Weather : pCARS
  • Career mode : pCARS
  • Time trialling : AC
  • Drifting : AC
  • Graphics : pCARS (comparing both games on max settings single screen)

If I want the most compelling driving experience then I pick AC (I could drive for hours and hours round the wonderful laser scanned Nordschleife).
If I want the most interesting AI racing experience, with changeable weather, tactics, track variety, then I pick pCARS.

You know, both pCARS and AC have had loads of patches since their release (on the PC). They are both significantly improved over the original experience (and over the "Early Access" or "WMD backer" experience before that). They both have had their car and track rosters expanded nicely through DLC.

If you compare the two based on experience, it's only fair to compare like for like: PC version, latest patch, all DLC included.

For myself, assuming AC on consoles achieves the same FFB and driving quality as on the PC, I'd make the following statements on which of the two I prefer:
  • Track list : pCARS
  • Quality of the tarmac modelling : AC
  • Race car list : pCARS
  • Quality of the race car driving experience : AC
  • Road car list : AC
  • Quality of the road car driving experience : AC
  • AI : pCARS (although AC is now VERY close since the latest patch -> neither is perfect)
  • Track conditions, including Day/Night/Weather : pCARS
  • Career mode : pCARS
  • Time trialling : AC
  • Drifting : AC
  • Graphics : pCARS (comparing both games on max settings single screen)

If I want the most compelling driving experience then I pick AC (I could drive for hours and hours round the wonderful laser scanned Nordschleife).
If I want the most interesting AI racing experience, with changeable weather, tactics, track variety, then I pick pCARS.
Nice to see someone with a fair comparison and an open mind for both games.
Far too much people with the "x or y game is just crap" attitude on the internet.

Thanks mate, I'm practicing(PC) with the Focus RS, which is pretty easy and was doing very well until I switched to cockpit view, am I supposed to look at that very dark rpm meter to know when to shift?lmao
Get a dash app for PCars, I use 'pCars Dash' on android, that way you can have a nice big motec style dashboard that will let you know when you need to shift as well as a lot more telemetry data.

I own Project Cars and I enjoy it, but aside the mostly different car collection why would I buy this game when I already own Project Cars?
I assume you are talking about consoles.
After playing it for 12 hours this weekend and can safely say it blows Project Cars out of the water in terms of handling, overall feel, and also graphics. And the Car count will go up by alot to match PCars. As someone else said, you won't go back to PCars unless you want night and weather racing.

And the best thing - no more horrible wheel settings to adjust, it all works out of the box, I would turn down Force Feedback by 50%, otherwise it's too heavy.

No. You are biased. Getting onboard with your friends. I have an opinion and you dont agree. Thats it. Just sayin. This site has gotten even worse than last time i was here. You see an opinion that doesn't match yours and simply cant accept it and all club together. In my view its a user friendly arcade version built to appeal to casuals. It has missing features, options, (fact) simplified version, (fact).

Generally it's not that you have a differing opinion, it's how you present your opinion. You presented yours in a very combative and authoritarian way, that tends to rustle feathers. And on top of that you presented your opinions as fact based on a game that hasn't received its day one patch yet, so you don't even know if these so-called missing features will actually be missing, and you also repeated the unsubstantiated claim that it is going to be a simplified version even though all actual facts point to the opposite. I've been as critical of the game as anybody for things missing that are typically standard in racing games so I certainly wouldn't disagree with anyone with justifiable criticism. I will however disagree with someone who loudly proclaims the game is crap because they saw a YouTube video but hasn't actually played the game. Who knows, you could be right and it will end up being a watered down console port, but I've seen nothing to suggest that will be the case.

Day one patches though. I have serious issues with the Interne

Everyone is biased, it's how you deal with that bias that makes the difference.

Now would you be able to let me know if you are saying it's 'arcade' because it appears that some options have been removed (which I personally would not see as enough of a reason to refer to it as now being an arcade title) or because the physics have been dumbed down to such a degree that it's now closer to Driveclub (and that I would personally see as enough of a reason to call it an arcade title).

I assume you are talking about consoles.
After playing it for 12 hours this weekend and can safely say it blows Project Cars out of the water in terms of handling, overall feel, and also graphics. And the Car count will go up by alot to match PCars. As someone else said, you won't go back to PCars unless you want night and weather racing.

And the best thing - no more horrible wheel settings to adjust, it all works out of the box, I would turn down Force Feedback by 50%, otherwise it's too heavy.
So what wheel settings can we adjust? Just the FFB and those 2 presets we've seen in videos? If there's no proper wheel calibration screen have you found everything just works nicely? Brake pressure and alignment? Which wheel do you use?

Brake pressure...

Brake gamma has been shown on screenshots in the other thread, that's the closest we get to brake pressure in AC. Works similar to a brake pressure adjustment but it's global instead of just per car. Not ideal, but it works ok and as of recent updates it seems most cars have pretty good brake pressure out of the box.

Brake gamma has been shown on screenshots in the other thread, that's the closest we get to brake pressure in AC. Works similar to a brake pressure adjustment but it's global instead of just per car. Not ideal, but it works ok and as of recent updates it seems most cars have pretty good brake pressure out of the box.
Console screenshots? I've seen what I'd call proper wheel calibration shots in some PC vids but as of yet not in the console ones. Just wanted to know if everything worked out of the box if not present, but sounds like it does.

Console screenshots? I've seen what I'd call proper wheel calibration shots in some PC vids but as of yet not in the console ones. Just wanted to know if everything worked out of the box if not present, but sounds like it does.

Sorry, I saw the screenshots in the console thread and presumed they were from a console build, but they're from the PC.

Sorry, I saw the screenshots in the console thread and presumed they were from a console build, but they're from the PC.
Ah, well I'm sure they've tested all compatible wheels and if they feel they're fine out of the box then I guess that's good enough for players.

So what wheel settings can we adjust? Just the FFB and those 2 presets we've seen in videos? If there's no proper wheel calibration screen have you found everything just works nicely? Brake pressure and alignment? Which wheel do you use?
Everything worked out nicely for me. You can also switch the steering wheel radius on the fly when you switch cars, for example a GT3 Cars runs mostly 360°, but Road Cars up to 900° and there is no issues with that.

Then you can adjust FFB for things like overall FFB, Road FFB etc and you definitely feel the bumps in the tracks, it's not a plain flat surface.

I use the TX Wheel, which has the same motor as all other current Thrust master wheels.

Latest Posts

Back