Difference from Project Cars?

Keep it but give it some time. AC sucks presentation wise but the physics are among the best that's out there, so once you take the time to dial yourself in you'll eventually understand why everybody is playing this game.

The physics I appreciated right from the start. No complaints there.

The mediocre car sounds, washed out visuals and frame hiccups every few seconds even while hotlapping - nah, I'm writing it off, can't life with all those. For now, PCARS and Forza is good enough for me from a physics standpoint. I don't drive with a wheel anyway.

Thanks for the input MD. Happy motoring!

The mediocre car sounds, washed out visuals and frame hiccups every few seconds even while hotlapping - nah, I'm writing it off, can't life with all those.
Yeah without a wheel I suppose the game also loses half of its appeal. Sounds wise I think AC has accurate samples resembling the real cars better whereas PCARS for example uses generic ones but it has more volume to it.

Anyhow to each his own :).

Yeah without a wheel I suppose the game also loses half of its appeal. Sounds wise I think AC has accurate samples resembling the real cars better whereas PCARS for example uses generic ones but it has more volume to it.

Anyhow to each his own :).

I agree about the volume bit - very harsh and even a bit obnoxious at times. AC has decent samples but the detail doesn't come out properly, you know? Like it does in Forza, for instance.

Sound, i beleive, goes to AC. Living near Arcadia, CA, I have seen many super cars driving there almost on every weekend since there are many rich Chinese kids. BMW M4, Messarati etc are considered daily drivers. They drive super cars on the weekend. Ferrari, Lambo, Lexus LFA, Porsche 911 Turbo, Bugatti, Mcclaren mp4-12c, Nissan GTR etc I have heard the engine and exhaust sound of these in real life sveral times driving or next to them. I also sit in Nissan GTR couple times in my friend's car and i have to say AC has a very natural real life sound inside and outside.

Check this out

PCars seems to make a very aggressive sound on all cars. It sounds good in game but might not represent reality. When you drive any car in PCars, you can immediately tell it is from PCars.

Last edited:
Sound, i beleive, goes to AC. Living near Arcadia, CA, I have seen many super cars driving there almost on every weekend since there are many rich Chinese kids. BMW M4, Messarati etc are considered daily drivers. They drive super cars on the weekend. Ferrari, Lambo, Lexus LFA, Porsche 911 Turbo, Bugatti, Mcclaren mp4-12c, Nissan GTR etc I have heard the engine and exhaust sound of these in real life sveral times driving or next to them. I also sit in Nissan GTR couple times in my friend's car and i have to say AC has a very natural real life sound inside and outside.

Check this out

PCars seems to make a very aggressive sound on all cars. It sounds good in game but might not represent reality. When you drive any car in PCars, you can immediately tell it is from PCars.

What are your thoughts on FM5 and 6 sounds then?

Regarding AC sounds, its best appreciated through a headset. You pick up those chassis thuds and clanks, the sqealing brakes on olders cars, and my favorite, the tinky rink of the engine as it nears the top of its range....amazing in my opinion. Also can't forget the crackles from the exhausts on downshifts. With a tv, sound bar, and even a surround sound system, some of these detsils are lost unless you can really crank the volume.

Regarding AC sounds, its best appreciated through a headset. You pick up those chassis thuds and clanks, the sqealing brakes on olders cars, and my favorite, the tinky rink of the engine as it nears the top of its range....amazing in my opinion. Also can't forget the crackles from the exhausts on downshifts. With a tv, sound bar, and even a surround sound system, some of these detsils are lost unless you can really crank the volume.

Interesting. I had the sounds at around 40% (usually more than enough to enjoy what CARS and Forza has to offer) when I was trying out the game. Couldn't really hear all that much detail or 'character' from the engine and exhaust (everything else seemed alright) and that left me sorely disappointed.

Back