Direct-Capture GT Sport Footage: Nürburgring Nordschleife

So you base everything from trailers, and ignore actual gameplay footage? OK. How did Motorstorm work out for you? I have seen the trailers.
I do not understand this arguing. All I did was watch some impressive gameplay footage, and remarked that the headlights in game are not bouncing and reflecting. But but but trailers......
This thread is Direct Capture GTS Footage!! Not Trailers!
Well you haven't seen any actual gameplay during night, so far that's only in trailers. I didn't see headlights illuminating anything during daytime in the trailer either.

We had illuminating headlights before so I see no reason we would not have them this time.

I believe we will but by now we should see it in game, it would look amazing. We have sunset driving, and tunnel driving. I stand by my observations. If I was cheeky then I apologise to all for being cheeky.

upload_2016-12-5_15-43-24.png

upload_2016-12-5_15-45-23.png

Am i the only one who's bothered by the other part of the road being empty? I would prefer if it had something at least like Trailers/signs/small stands filled with people...etc. The sounds while it's better, it's still have that GT6-ish especially at this part of the video when it goes through the bumper cam:

On the plus side, the graphics... :drool:👍

View attachment 612298
View attachment 612299

Am i the only one who's bothered by the other part of the road being empty? I would prefer if it had something at least like Trailers/signs/small stands filled with people...etc. The sounds while it's better, it's still have that GT6-ish especially at this part of the video when it goes through the bumper cam:

No, I agree. They should add grandstands, more signages, "life"...

View attachment 612298
View attachment 612299

When you say "the other part of the road being empty" are you talking about the other side of the middle divider? The side that would have on-coming traffic in real life? I guess, maybe it would be cool if they could have some AI cars driving - just so there is something on that side of the middle divider.

I know when I drive the map "C1 Outer Loop" in Assetto Corsa, I don't even notice that there is road there. :lol: I'm so focused on not killing my driver. :D

Dont want to take sides but Turn 10 is also really good at making awesome trailers but then once you play the game it's not up there with what you saw before. Even for FH3 DLC packs they position people on car meets outside on parking spots (which looks like then having a lot of fun) but you simply cannot reproduce that in the game. Fancy screenshots of roadsters without the dull looking driver behind the wheel? Nope, only Turn 10 can do that.
Of course T10 are no different with their trailers either, especially the whole "in-game" part, so no bias there. Then again, I rarely watch their trailers unless I'm REALLY interested in said trailers. Due to the games always being good, there is never a need for me to watch them (again unless they contain some interesting stuff like the winter expansion coming up). :)
But in the end everyone does it. Ever watched a movie trailer where you think OMG this movie is great? Then you go see the movie and apart from the awesome trailer scenes it's rather dull and disappointing? Happened to me more than once. :)
Yep. I remember one Naruto movie that had a epic trailer, but in the movie itself was just dull and boring (imo). Other movies I can not remember.
If you want the most realistic gameplay videos of a game the only way to get that is to ignore all the promotional pre-release developer footage and wait for post-release videos from players on Twitch or YouTube. And don't get lured into preorder deals. :)
In the same boat. I only preorder games if I'm interested in them or trust the developer. Right now I'm not really interested in GTS at the moment, and certain folks need to understand that instead of picturing me as some Forza fanboy due to not buying into the hype. Everybody has their reasons to be and not interested in certain things in life, especially if one has been let down by a developer they supported for years.

I'm more into customization and tuning nowadays, and got spoiled by FH3's event creator, so I'm not the target PD is aiming for.

Although you didn't ask, if GTS was GT7, maybe I would've had a different mindset towards it. I simply do not like the route PD took the franchise because I'm tired of hardcore sims like pCARS, but that won't stop me from coming back to check on GTS time to time. Loving those Group B cars.

Last edited:
My thought is that the headlights start illuminating when they are needed, in other words during the night. During dusk or sunrise in real world the lights would obviously illuminate the road but in the game they aren't needed so they don't illuminate. If that makes sense.

It actually does. Interesting point.

Call me crazy, but I love the look of northern isle speedway. The constant turning and close-quarters environment lead to potentially interesting gameplay, with the feeling of the guy in second place trailing you by less than half a second, the constant danger of running into the guy in last place, and a massive 16-car pileup!

Call me crazy, but I love the look of northern isle speedway. The constant turning and close-quarters environment lead to potentially interesting gameplay, with the feeling of the guy in second place trailing you by less than half a second, the constant danger of running into the guy in last place, and a massive 16-car pileup!
True! Constant cornering means you need to be more on your toes compared to an oval with long straights.

First thing - why does everybody expect dramatic changes? Kaz has always been about his own vision, why would things change for GTS? As usual, the graphics are stellar, the sounds is okay and the damage is zero. It was like that with GT1, it's like that with GTS. Is anyone really surprised by this?

Second - the sound. It's the best-sounding GT to date, that's clear. And to those that are complaining about the on-board sounds - when's the last time you sat in a GT3 car? How do you know what it sounds like?
You're not comparing it to real life, you're comparing it to other racing games and racing footage on TV. Maybe if you were actually sat in the car, maybe that's what it actually sounds like.
The sound in a car game doesn't always have to be an over-exaggerated, turned-up-to-eleven, manufactured scream. A racing game doesn't need to sound "good", it needs to sound accurate. It should sound like it sounds as if you were actually there, sitting in that car. Kaz knows what that sounds like.

Peace. 👍

Back