Direct-Capture GT Sport Footage: Nürburgring Nordschleife

The frame rate is scary good. Everything else is great also, except for one thing.

Sound.

It's definitely an improvement over previous GT games, but it stills needs some work. If they can get the sound right, I think it'll be one of the best games of 2017 (provided it releases then).

I believe the graphics to be awesome imo. PD have never slacked in that area. The lifelessness is shared with AC and PC imo again. The difference is that the other 2 titles deliver in the sound department. The sounds in GTS, even though the samples are more accurate and are an improvement over previous titles, are still missing a lot of the extra sfx (booms, cackles, whine, shifter, etc). Also, I believe the levels of the various sfx can and should be manipulated to be more aggressive for the various On board cams. It is still too clean.

Awesome video guyz. But the tokyo track is such a disappointment for me. I would have loved SSR5 in wet, would have looked so cool, and would have been more fun too.

It's true though. Out of over a thousand cars I owned at least half and I really can't recall any of those cars sounding like that video.

Ecoboost Mustang! I definitely heard a 4-banger there. A bit disappointed about one thing though: same sample in the Scion!

Re: sound, we haven't heard any cockpit audio either yet. And the tire sounds on the nurb footage were pretty good. Impressed with the progress on this.

Also, the lighting conditions, wow.

The headlights, and tail lights for that matter, still do not actually do anything. They don't shine onto the road surface, off other cars, walls, or barriers. I could understand this with the first GTS game engine footage, but it is nearly 2017.

I keep hearing this game looks "amazing", but when you watch the gameplay and listen to its sound, it just screams GT6. Not trying to be negative cause the game does look incredible, it's just that in-game plays and sounds similar to the older games.

Also like others said, the game looks nothing like it did in the trailers and bullshots. This is pretty much the same trick PD used for GT6, but some people ain't seeing it because of eye candy (as usual).

Dont want to take sides but Turn 10 is also really good at making awesome trailers but then once you play the game it's not up there with what you saw before. Even for FH3 DLC packs they position people on car meets outside on parking spots (which looks like then having a lot of fun) but you simply cannot reproduce that in the game. Fancy screenshots of roadsters without the dull looking driver behind the wheel? Nope, only Turn 10 can do that.

But in the end everyone does it. Ever watched a movie trailer where you think OMG this movie is great? Then you go see the movie and apart from the awesome trailer scenes it's rather dull and disappointing? Happened to me more than once. :)

If you want the most realistic gameplay videos of a game the only way to get that is to ignore all the promotional pre-release developer footage and wait for post-release videos from players on Twitch or YouTube. And don't get lured into preorder deals. :)

The headlights, and tail lights for that matter, still do not actually do anything. They don't shine onto the road surface, off other cars, walls, or barriers. I could understand this with the first GTS game engine footage, but it is nearly 2017.

?? Did you watch any of the footage?

There is gif from trailer where you can se headlights are all over road, barriers. it was part with Nurb.

The game looks fantastic. With GT Sport, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Dirt Rally and Driveclub on the PS4 it is certainly a great time to be a racing game fan. I can't wait to get my hands on what I'm sure will be yet another great racing game. Thank you @Jordan and other GTP staff and members for the great videos.

Did you? is my obvious answer

Yeah, sorry for the snark, was unnecessary. If you watch the trailer, there is light bouncing around everywhere, from all sources.
It's pretty much their best feature right now, I'd say.

I sad trailer... There is gif in some thread but i don't have time to find it... Am going to work.
So you base everything from trailers, and ignore actual gameplay footage? OK. How did Motorstorm work out for you? I have seen the trailers.
I do not understand this arguing. All I did was watch some impressive gameplay footage, and remarked that the headlights in game are not bouncing and reflecting. But but but trailers......
This thread is Direct Capture GTS Footage!! Not Trailers!

Last edited:
Back