Direct-Capture GT Sport Footage: Nürburgring Nordschleife

For those wondering about headlights...

Its been discussed here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...highlight-time-of-day-weather-changes.351824/

There are controversy in this point...

gts1ths9i.gif

In the trailer

Versus

Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_12-03-16_057.jpg

And as shown here by @ToyGTone .

What will be in the end is a true mystery.

And in bumper cam it didn't look dark at all. :lol:

First thing - why does everybody expect dramatic changes? Kaz has always been about his own vision, why would things change for GTS? As usual, the graphics are stellar, the sounds is okay and the damage is zero. It was like that with GT1, it's like that with GTS. Is anyone really surprised by this?

Second - the sound. It's the best-sounding GT to date, that's clear. And to those that are complaining about the on-board sounds - when's the last time you sat in a GT3 car? How do you know what it sounds like?
You're not comparing it to real life, you're comparing it to other racing games and racing footage on TV. Maybe if you were actually sat in the car, maybe that's what it actually sounds like.
The sound in a car game doesn't always have to be an over-exaggerated, turned-up-to-eleven, manufactured scream. A racing game doesn't need to sound "good", it needs to sound accurate. It should sound like it sounds as if you were actually there, sitting in that car. Kaz knows what that sounds like.

Peace. 👍

Pardon me for being too blunt, but I've never read a bigger pile of 🤬.

We expect dramatic changes because the product we're discussing has dramatic faults. Why should things change for GTS? Because it lacks the most fundamental things it's rivals are able to do properly, that should be reason enough for things to change. Why are we surprised by it staying the same since the GT1 days? Beacause it shows an absolutely careless attitude with regards to development, as if PD thought of themselves as in a class of their own when in reality they're trailing behind their competition in quality. GT needs to change for the better.

Second - the sound. The fact it's the best-sounding GT to date means squat, much smaller developer teams like Kunos and Sector 3 have been able to make much better sounds with fractions of GT's budget and PoDi's history. And what are you going on about people not being able to judge on the sound of cars if we haven't driven them in real life? What a pathetic argument. Maybe if you actually sat in the car that's what it actually sounds like? Can the difference between an in-car audio recording and real life be so abyssmal? Because if the difference between something real and a recording was as vast as the one between GTS and the videos already posted here, like the GT3 R8 at Nürb, then anything but live sounds would be an "inaccurate" deception from the senses. Plus, in case of most cars, sounding "good" is the same as sounding "accurate". I've been inside racecars, albeit touring cars only, and even a simple TC2000 car sounds much more lively and loud than a freakin' GT3 racecar in GT. My turbocharged 1300cc car crackles and pops and hisses and roars much more than a :censored:ing Group C car in Gran Turismo! How is that realistic?

Stop defending what can't be defended. As a fan and a customer, I've got every right to be both critical and disappointed.

We expect dramatic changes because the product we're discussing has dramatic faults. Why should things change for GTS? Because it lacks the most fundamental things it's rivals are able to do properly, that should be reason enough for things to change. Why are we surprised by it staying the same since the GT1 days? Beacause it shows an absolutely careless attitude with regards to development, as if PD thought of themselves as in a class of their own when in reality they're trailing behind their competition in quality. GT needs to change for the better.

Second - the sound. The fact it's the best-sounding GT to date means squat, much smaller developer teams like Kunos and Sector 3 have been able to make much better sounds with fractions of GT's budget and PoDi's history. And what are you going on about people not being able to judge on the sound of cars if we haven't driven them in real life? What a pathetic argument. Maybe if you actually sat in the car that's what it actually sounds like? Can the difference between an in-car audio recording and real life be so abyssmal? Because if the difference between something real and a recording was as vast as the one between GTS and the videos already posted here, like the GT3 R8 at Nürb, then anything but live sounds would be an "inaccurate" deception from the senses. Plus, in case of most cars, sounding "good" is the same as sounding "accurate". I've been inside racecars, albeit touring cars only, and even a simple TC2000 car sounds much more lively and loud than a freakin' GT3 racecar in GT. My turbocharged 1300cc car crackles and pops and hisses and roars much more than a :censored:ing Group C car in Gran Turismo! How is that realistic?

Stop defending what can't be defended. As a fan and a customer, I've got every right to be both critical and disappointed.
It s changing, there re no career mode anymore, go for esport

such a good graphic for such a ankward show...
that mix of cars with liveries, plain cars,fantasy carsand so on hurts my eyes so bad...

Meanwhile the "AES" synthetic exhaust sounds got a small makeover this time out. Much richer. Examples: Mazda and Peugeot VGTs, plus the SRT.

Still needs intake sounds. And throttle variations - you did it once PD (when the Subaru Viziv first debuted in GT6), let's hear it again.

Meanwhile the "AES" synthetic exhaust sounds got a small makeover this time out. Much richer. Examples: Mazda and Peugeot VGTs, plus the SRT.

Still needs intake sounds. And throttle variations - you did it once PD (when the Subaru Viziv first debuted in GT6), let's hear it again.
I really liked Subaru Viziv sound.

Okay, okay, chill. :scared: Whatever the case, nothing you say, nothing I say and nothing the community says will change a thing. We can rant and rave all we want and it's going to get us nowhere.

You've got every right to be critical and disappointed of course, but what is that going to change? Nothing. Gran Turismo has arguably been going downhill since GT5, maybe even GT4 depending on what one chooses to criticise. GT5 came out in 2010, GT4 came out in 2005. 11 years later (2017) and GTS looks like a shiny, slightly better sounding GT5. GT6 was GT5.5. We've been criticising PD and Kaz for over 10 years and have the games really improved? Yeah, okay, slightly, but not according to what the fans desire. It's what Kaz desires; sometimes we agree with it, sometimes we don't.

I'm not defending the product, I'm expressing my belief that criticism in order to improve the product is futile. I've been writing on Gran Turismo forums for close to 10 years, and the main thing I've learnt is to be a realist. I've learnt to take absolutely everything that comes out of Kaz's mouth with a truckload of salt.

We've been criticising for over 10 years, so let's keep doing that until Kaz listens, right? Wrong. He didn't listen then and he ain't listening now.

You can cry louder, there is no shame :)

I just had that feeling about this track when I played at Gamescom. The atmosphere is completely different from the classic tracks and the track is really fun thanks to its turns and its tunnel.

The new Tokyo track is really underestimated.
Yeah totally. The amount of people that loathe it is crazy.

Those sounds are terrible, and it's just plain funny that so many people are defending them and claiming they're in any way good. They sound basically on par with the better sounding cars in GT6, and that's all. The cars still don't sound remotely like real cars, they still sound like a 90's videogame version of engine sounds.

Those sounds are terrible, and it's just plain funny that so many people are defending them and claiming they're in any way good. They sound basically on par with the better sounding cars in GT6, and that's all. The cars still don't sound remotely like real cars, they still sound like a 90's videogame version of engine sounds.
How can you make such a claim? Why would you make such a claim? Comparing the sound of GT Sport to a 90's video game is insane, and a real insult if you ask me. No, they are not perfect but truth be told, they've never been better. Get off your soapbox and actually consider those around you.

You can cry louder, there is no shame :)

I just had that feeling about this track when I played at Gamescom. The atmosphere is completely different from the classic tracks and the track is really fun thanks to its turns and its tunnel.

The new Tokyo track is really underestimated.
Yep I'm looking forward to the new Tokyo track because it's somehow similar to the one in Need 4 Speed Shift. I really enjoyed that track back then and I'll do the same in GT Sport. Maybe people hate Tokyo because no "race track", but it just adds to the variety. An advantage of city tracks is you need to be really clean with your driving, no overly aggressive on the aphex or the wall will bite you hard. Ask Max Verstappen Monaco 2016. :)

Is there room for improvement? Sure. Are you talking plain bs? Sure.

I just (re)watch the direct capture videos and I think more and more that it's taken from PS4 vanilla.

Yep I'm looking forward to the new Tokyo track because it's somehow similar to the one in Need 4 Speed Shift. I really enjoyed that track back then and I'll do the same in GT Sport. Maybe people hate Tokyo because no "race track", but it just adds to the variety. An advantage of city tracks is you need to be really clean with your driving, no overly aggressive on the aphex or the wall will bite you hard. Ask Max Verstappen Monaco 2016. :)

Yes, with damages, it can offer a really interesting race !

How can you make such a claim? Why would you make such a claim? Comparing the sound of GT Sport to a 90's video game is insane, and a real insult if you ask me. No, they are not perfect but truth be told, they've never been better. Get off your soapbox and actually consider those around you.

Sorry I hurt your feelings by not praising your precious :lol:

The sounds are complete garbage in this day and age. If you can't handle people telling it how it is, maybe the internet isn't a good place for you.

The sounds are complete garbage in this day and age. If you can't handle people telling it how it is, maybe the internet isn't a good place for you.
What if I told you that what you said was just an opinion? Come on mate, don't force things down my throat.

You don't like them, it's ok. I don't think they are anything exeptional but at least they sounds like cars. While I'm racing my goal is to prepare next turn more than listening if the sound is 100% realistic. When I'm cruising I pick a cool car with good sound lets say a Cobra, so I can try to satisfy my ears without telling people if this or that place is a good one for them or not. ;)

What if I told you that what you said was just an opinion? Come on mate, don't force things down my throat.

Exactly, so why carry on about it getting offended? Nobody forced anything down your throat. The sounds are, as I said, about on par with the better sounding cars from GT6. They don't sound like real cars at all, they sound far too digitised. The 90's comment was a tongue in cheek dig at how the engines still don't sound like real engines, but a digitised videogame representation that sounds way out of date. No need to take it so hard.

You don't like them, it's ok. I don't think they are anything exeptional but at least they sounds like cars. While I'm racing my goal is to prepare next turn more than listening if the sound is 100% realistic. When I'm cruising I pick a cool car with good sound lets say a Cobra, so I can try to satisfy my ears without telling people if this or that place is a good one for them or not. ;)

They don't sound like real cars, they sound like old digitised videogame sounds of cars, hence my tongue in cheek remark about them being more like a 90's videogame version of engine sounds. If you're fine with that, good for you, but that doesn't mean anyone else has to settle for mediocrity just because you're happy with it. The sounds we've heard so far from GTS are well behind every other current gen racing sim by a long way, and it's perfectly ok for people to point out the fact that there has hardly been any improvement in this area compared to their last game.

Exactly, so why carry on about it getting offended? Nobody forced anything down your throat. The sounds are, as I said, about on par with the better sounding cars from GT6. They don't sound like real cars at all, they sound far too digitised. The 90's comment was a tongue in cheek dig at how the engines still don't sound like real engines, but a digitised videogame representation that sounds way out of date. No need to take it so hard.
I disagree with what you're saying and no, I'm not taking it too hard. The language you use implies that what you're saying is fact, when in reality, it's just an opinion. There's more than one way to say the same thing.

If I may have a say in this...?

The sounds are always going to be a major talking point. It's GT. It's always one of the factors that lets down the product. Honestly, I don't think that the majority of the sounds are bad at all, and they're certainly above the best that GT6 had to offer.

I will admit, however, that some of the sounds are sorta sterile.

I disagree with what you're saying and no, I'm not taking it too hard. The language you use implies that what you're saying is fact, when in reality, it's just an opinion. There's more than one way to say the same thing.

Saying I'm being insulting and need to think about others, when all I did was state an opinion on how poor the engine sounds in a GT game are, is definitely taking it way too hard cobber.

Saying I'm being insulting and need to think about others, when all I did was state an opinion on how poor the engine sounds in a GT game are, is definitely taking it way too hard cobber.
But you didn't express it that way.

Okay, okay, chill. :scared: Whatever the case, nothing you say, nothing I say and nothing the community says will change a thing. We can rant and rave all we want and it's going to get us nowhere.

You've got every right to be critical and disappointed of course, but what is that going to change? Nothing. Gran Turismo has arguably been going downhill since GT5, maybe even GT4 depending on what one chooses to criticise. GT5 came out in 2010, GT4 came out in 2005. 11 years later (2017) and GTS looks like a shiny, slightly better sounding GT5. GT6 was GT5.5. We've been criticising PD and Kaz for over 10 years and have the games really improved? Yeah, okay, slightly, but not according to what the fans desire. It's what Kaz desires; sometimes we agree with it, sometimes we don't.

I'm not defending the product, I'm expressing my belief that criticism in order to improve the product is futile. I've been writing on Gran Turismo forums for close to 10 years, and the main thing I've learnt is to be a realist. I've learnt to take absolutely everything that comes out of Kaz's mouth with a truckload of salt.

We've been criticising for over 10 years, so let's keep doing that until Kaz listens, right? Wrong. He didn't listen then and he ain't listening now.

Then I guess we're kind of on the same page, although you seem more willing to embrace what's going on than I am and that's what slightly warms my chillness :lol:. Your suggestion is a bit dreary but in the end it's the truth: all we can do is sit down and watch how a self-proclaimed artist ruins his own creation and singlehandedly kills a multi-million dollar game franchise that has captured the hearts of millions around the world, like us. Our passion for the matter or our suggestions are worth absolute 🤬, :censored:ing 🤬, to Kazunori and his team: that's what's hard to swallow. If some people with more "faith" than sense and more money than taste belive that GTSport is a masterpiece that will revolutionize the genre...well, we call them fanboys, so be it. I personally see that there are much better alternatives and won't waste money on a NEW console and a NEW wheel to play the game I should've got almost 6 years ago. Mind you, I could buy a new boost controler for the price of a PS4! :D

As much as I loved this forums, I've been logging in very rarely because of my waning hopes in GTS. I may return to ask for help buying a new gaming PC, to make a thread about my new car and find nice people to play FH3 and R3E in the future. The GT bit of GTP, however, is almost dead to me :(.

But you didn't express it that way.

Talking about something as subjective as sounds in a videogame, I don't think people have to put "In my opinion", for it to be quite obvious that they are expressing an opinion. Disagreeing is one thing, but your reaction to me having a dig at the poor sounds in GTS was comical. The Pcars and AC subforums would be quite the sight if people overreacted like that every time someone had a legitimate criticism.

Back