DIRT 3 Video Thread

• Thread starter MrSchwarz
  • 268 comments
Basically you record the whole race in 30 sec intervals, upload each segment to youtube. Once race is uploaded, go to youtube, use their editor to piece together your segments.

The main thing to remember when recording each segment in Dirt 3, always start your recording a few seconds back into the last segment, this allows some leeway for editing.

1st of all:
This was a totally accidental epic flip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OopTGHj8YRo&feature=related

2nd:
at about 10 seconds the AI is off the road flipped over
confused.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RwZbPW08aU

Here's a video that show the lap that put me in the top 30 on the world board for this event
Time Trial > Head 2 Head > Smelter > Dredger Duel > Pro

It's so clean I could probibly submit it to the WRS and it would pass muster :)

Last edited:
So, this is me with a fail while trying to run Monte Carlo drunk. I thought I was hitting the hairpins well until I went pretty wide on one and then that just set me off pace. You'll see what happens.
Language warning: I say the F-word :scared:

Take a ride with Lefty

This is : Time Trial > Rally > Norway > Skaarsetsaga > Open

I got to Eleventh w/ this run, I know it's a little dark but that is from my cameras settings and my inexperience.

I think I may have really outdone myself with this one:

My first attempt at a video longer than 30 seconds. There's a few very obvious sound cuts in this.

All the short video's I made on the first day of playing.

I will make better video's soon, including a full rally stage. Or maybe a full rally even.

Made myself a 3 minute montage of DiRT 3, Let me know what you guys think.

Video removed, got some better ideas in the works.

Last edited:
I dislike the repetition of pre-race shots, the repetitions of the take offs, dislike the music, dislike the warping filter you applied when you hit something.

Sounds rude, but tbh, I never liked music videos.

You critique videos now? Would hate to show you any of mine then.

So you have the game or just happen to stumble in here?

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to critique it, he asked for our thoughts which isn't limited to just positive notes.

And yes I have and played the game... I even keep a thread here up-to-date.

Back