Dirt on car"s in GT5???

  • Thread starter Thread starter AleksandarSRB
  • 49 comments
  • 6,442 views
Messages
1,812
Serbia
Belgrade
Messages
FrancSRB
I would like to see dirt on car"s in GT5 especially on Rally car. I was amazed wen I saw dust and dirt on car in WRC evolved game for PS2, so this must be in GT5 because PS3 is much more powerful then PS2... Sorry for my english.
 
Last edited:
I would say so. As mentioned in other threads though, we still don't have full content coverage as to mud/dirt/snow etc. Anything could happen by March...
 
In E3 2009 trailer, you can witness dust on the body of that subaru. So it will probably be in GT5 as well. The question is now how perfect will it be. Will it be only dust or dirt/grass can be on the body too ?

Lots of questions still remains without answer.
 
As Micdog49 said, we can't be sure about anything before March, but you might remember the first car damage we saw in the GT5 E3 trailer (the blue Subaru rally car). I know you can't put to much into these kind of clips, but the car was clearly dusty...
I would like to see the 'dirty' cars too, but no matter what I know that it will be a great game!

Edit: ok, mimaximax just said the exact same thing but... ;D
 
Last edited:
Isn't Dirt a different game??.....




spyrrari.
 
Can you imagine dirt on the cars when the conditions become wet & grimy? It would be awesome if it would show the airflow like this one from the Dome S102 at Le Mans.

DSCF9912.jpg
 
I would like to see dirt on car"s in GT5 especially on Rally car. I was amazed wen I saw dust and dirt on car in WRC evolved game for PS2, so this must be in GT5 because PS3 is much more powerful then PS2... Sorry for my english.

We will have dirt and dust.. we still do now know anything for street cars. I think there was interview with KAZ and he mention dirst will be visible on all cars.. or I could have been just dreaming.

gt01.jpg
 
Can you imagine dirt on the cars when the conditions become wet & grimy? It would be awesome if it would show the airflow like this one from the Dome S102 at Le Mans.

DSCF9912.jpg

Never has dirt and grime been so sexy.
 
Can you imagine dirt on the cars when the conditions become wet & grimy? It would be awesome if it would show the airflow like this one from the Dome S102 at Le Mans.

DSCF9912.jpg

That would probably be easy to do if they made texture masks, but it would have to look the same every time. I'm fairly sure the PS3 can't render particles on a scale like that.
 
Mr_Hansen ; same thought, same time... lol
arvin charles ; it's beautiful.
Watevaman ; even having these texture masks, under some wheather circumstances, would be very awesome. Because if PD put it in GT5, I assume, they will put it well.
 
If I'm not wrong, Kazunori Yamauchi confirmed that in some interview. But don't remember which interview. But I think that one image it's better than 1000 words, and we saw dirt on 2009 E3 trailer. So, I think it's confirmed.
 
If I'm not wrong, Kazunori Yamauchi confirmed that in some interview. But don't remember which interview. But I think that one image it's better than 1000 words, and we saw dirt on 2009 E3 trailer. So, I think it's confirmed.

Thanks:cheers:
 
should be this, is a driving sim and in real life dirt gets on the cars
 
I would love to see this too in GT5..

... but dont be dissapointed if you dont see it then...

I wouldnt work my hopes up too high if i were you... it's better that way...

...

and if Kaz decide to give it to us... PARTY TIME!!
in that case, i hope we will get the "CAR WASH" back from GT2
 
Unless the E3 trailer was fake, then dirt should be confirmed for WRC and if it's confirmed for WRC, then I don't see why not for other cars?
 
Because dirt is a valuable resource and should be stricken from being dragged around by cars.
 
Last edited:
I wonder how long it will be before the debates start around dirt affecting the aerodynamics of the car? :rolleyes: I can hear the cries now, if the aerodynamic effects are not modelled, they should not include it blah blah blah...
 
dirt reduces aerodynamics and causes drag on a car..so i guess the more its unwashed , it will affect the speed of the car? .I hope we can test this using the wind tunnel ..if its in the game :)
 
I wonder how long it will be before the debates start around dirt affecting the aerodynamics of the car? :rolleyes: I can hear the cries now, if the aerodynamic effects are not modelled, they should not include it blah blah blah...

Nah, but if there is 'sticky' dirt so to speak, then if we don't wash our cars will they be harder to steer next time round with all the grime in the tyre treads?

Actually a significant amount of dirt could also effect certain vehicles and improper rally setups, blocking cooling vents, radiators and so on.
 
I wonder how long it will be before the debates start around dirt affecting the aerodynamics of the car? :rolleyes: I can hear the cries now, if the aerodynamic effects are not modelled, they should not include it blah blah blah...

GT4 did this already to a certain degree. 8)
 
It would be a cool touch if the cars would accumulate dirt and grime over time (not just rally cars). 👍 That way the car wash would actually be useful! 💡
 
AtD94-[GT];3661836
Really?? Then how was it did;)?
If you said what I think you did, then the cars in GT1-4 all got dirty over time. It wasn't a proper dirt build up through a race though, it was just represented by a dulling fo the paint and loss of shine. Then you'd go to the car wash and the paint would be bright and shiny again.
 
Nah, but if there is 'sticky' dirt so to speak, then if we don't wash our cars will they be harder to steer next time round with all the grime in the tyre treads?

Actually a significant amount of dirt could also effect certain vehicles and improper rally setups, blocking cooling vents, radiators and so on.
Herein lies the problem - where do you draw the line? This is the problem PD are facing, and the reason why the game is taking far too long to release. At the end of the day, I'd be happy with a visual dirtying of the car. I'm sure that for 95% of us, our inconsistent driving will be far more of an influence on our lap times than a bit of dirt in the tread or whatever.
 
Herein lies the problem - where do you draw the line? This is the problem PD are facing, and the reason why the game is taking far too long to release. At the end of the day, I'd be happy with a visual dirtying of the car. I'm sure that for 95% of us, our inconsistent driving will be far more of an influence on our lap times than a bit of dirt in the tread or whatever.

True, but I have driven out of a muddy paddock straight onto a tarmac road before and I can honestly say I have never felt more uncomfortable in a car. It just slides like your in the paddock and grips suddenly when the gunk on your tyres runs out. It would only really work if the infield gets muddy during PD's rumoured rain. But then , you could slide your WRX through the grass and watch the car get covered in mud at the same time.
 
If you said what I think you did, then the cars in GT1-4 all got dirty over time. It wasn't a proper dirt build up through a race though, it was just represented by a dulling fo the paint and loss of shine. Then you'd go to the car wash and the paint would be bright and shiny again.

Yeah I know about it, but we're talking about dirt affecting aerodynamics. It never exists in any GT games as far as I think (maybe...). So we just hope it will happen at GT5, WRC will be more challenging and the car wash would be much more useful:).
 
Well yeah, it does. You car is slightly more aerodynamic after you've washed it in the GT games.

To see it visually represented better would be good though.
 
Back