Dirt on car"s in GT5???

  • Thread starter Thread starter AleksandarSRB
  • 49 comments
  • 6,442 views
Never mind dirt... I want the grass to stick to your car when you go onto it when its wet :drool:
 
Well yeah, it does. You car is slightly more aerodynamic after you've washed it in the GT games.

To see it visually represented better would be good though.
Please provide some evidence. Not bothered if I'm wrong or right, I just want the facts - not some statement made in a forum.
 
Play GT3 and the scrolling text when you enter the car wash tells you that a clean car will be more aerodynamic and have a slightly higher top speed. I think it tells you in GT4 as well but it's been a while since I played that game and couldn't say for certain. The effect is still there either way though and a clean car does indeed have a slightly higher to speed to a car in need of a car wash. This effect has been proven by members on here many a time through tests in both games.
 
Dirty car in wind tunnel? :lol::lol::lol:
 
Play GT3 and the scrolling text when you enter the car wash tells you that a clean car will be more aerodynamic and have a slightly higher top speed. I think it tells you in GT4 as well but it's been a while since I played that game and couldn't say for certain. The effect is still there either way though and a clean car does indeed have a slightly higher to speed to a car in need of a car wash. This effect has been proven by members on here many a time through tests in both games.
Fair enough, thanks Dave. It brings me to my point about peoples inconsistent driving having way more of an effect on lap times than a thin film of dirt on a car. You would have to be one seriously consistent, talented gamer to eek out the benefits related to simply washing you car. For the majority of gamers, such a feature is a novelty rather than a performance aid, but if it's there, I ain't complaining.
 
I know this isn't the best example, but I'd love to have mud effects like in Sega Rally:

rally-scr12.jpg


However, with the mud graphics done up to PD standards, obviously.
 
As well as simple dirt and grime, bear in mind that there will be people driving all over the shop in GT5 (me included). Tracks can get mud and grass dragged onto them if someone spins for example. Especially when wet. It would be superb to recreate in a game.

I think stuff like this will be the next level for the series though, with debris obstacles and oil on the track maybe, safety cars etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing some footage of a car getting dirty, but I'm not expecting too much yet.
 
There was a short replay ages ago of a production car that was dusty/dirty. I don't think it was a rally car either (definately wasn't the subaru). If anyone can find it they are a god. I think it was on nurburgring

EDIT: I'm going to look for it now, as i would like to be a god. I'll let you know if i find it by dropping a large boulder in ther shape of a the KFC colonel sanders on Washington D.C.
 
Last edited:
There was a short replay ages ago of a production car that was dusty/dirty. I don't think it was a rally car either (definately wasn't the subaru). If anyone can find it they are a god. I think it was on nurburgring

EDIT: I'm going to look for it now, as i would like to be a god. I'll let you know if i find it by dropping a large boulder in ther shape of a the KFC colonel sanders on Washington D.C.

Even if you don't find the image I suggest you do this anyway - the lulz would be epic :D
 
I know this isn't the best example, but I'd love to have mud effects like in Sega Rally:

rally-scr12.jpg


However, with the mud graphics done up to PD standards, obviously.

Something like this would be good:tup:
 
Not minding or care very much about mud, both in general as well as being faithfully reproduced in GT, it would probably make WRC more fun visually at least.
However, speaking as someone who only uses interior view, if mud or indeed rain for that matter is fully implemented there should also be functioning windshield wipers.
Otherwise i would become too familiar with the new damage engine.
 
I want my cars to look dusty after a while of racing, and I want them downright dirty after a rally stage.
 
why do we wash our car if there is no dust or mud in gt? I want mud and dust so i can be happy in washing my car to look clean and satisfied like in real life..
 
I'd like the idea, it'd give the car wash an actual purpose...
 
old E3 Trailer says there will be dirt and what not. Wether it stays on when it's in the garage is another thing

gt-5-damage-580op.jpg
 
PD doesn't think so.
Car manufactures do not want their car to look dirty.That's why PD is going to add dirt just to rally cars...
 
PD doesn't think so.
Car manufactures do not want their car to look dirty.That's why PD is going to add dirt just to rally cars...

Why car manufactures don't want to show their cars dirty??
I might understand not showing them damaged, but not dirty?:dunce:
 
PD doesn't think so.
Car manufactures do not want their car to look dirty.That's why PD is going to add dirt just to rally cars...
What?
Graphically speaking dirt is just like showing scratches (which even production cars will have), not heavy deformation.
 
Last edited:
why do we wash our car if there is no dust or mud in gt?
Washing cars in GT3 and 4 slightly improved aerodynamics.
 
PD doesn't think so.
Car manufactures do not want their car to look dirty.That's why PD is going to add dirt just to rally cars...

Forza has had dirty production cars since the start.

People need to stop making reasons for PD's lazyness.:indiff:
 
Back