DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
Just a quick question guys as I'm bit confused at the moment...

Is the World Series tab currently active on Xbox version of the game?

I've switched from PC recently (where I had nearly 300 hours played) and I've done some qualifications runs there just to get a new R5 Fiesta in October and wanted to do at least one run on Xbox too but the tab is not present in my game.

Recently I've upgraded my Game Pass version of DR 2.0 on Xbox to a retail one (just redeemed a code). The Game Pass badge disappeared and the game is visible in my library as owned (if it's important). I just want to clarify if I will get a chance to take part in Series 2 or maybe something went wrong with my upgrade and World Series is not available in Game Pass version and I should reinstall from the library?

@PJTierney I'm sure that you will be able to help :rolleyes:

I tried a few different things, but this series has officially lost me. Im not having fun with it at all, and the few times I have, the game repeatedly crashed.

I see how the games can be enjoyable, but the 'Play it your way' structure doesn't work for me, not in a game where disciplines just rot. DR1, Grid Autosport and 2019 all did this as well, and it threw me out of the experience because having played the previous games having to at least learn the different types was part of the game's challenge.

Having 2/3rds of the available competitive content repeatedly taped off didn't help either, but I'm not paying more for something I'm not able to get into more.

Hopefully they keep support up for y'all, have fun.

I tried a few different things, but this series has officially lost me. Im not having fun with it at all, and the few times I have, the game repeatedly crashed.

I see how the games can be enjoyable, but the 'Play it your way' structure doesn't work for me, not in a game where disciplines just rot. DR1, Grid Autosport and 2019 all did this as well, and it threw me out of the experience because having played the previous games having to at least learn the different types was part of the game's challenge.

Having 2/3rds of the available competitive content repeatedly taped off didn't help either, but I'm not paying more for something I'm not able to get into more.

Mate try WRC 9,Yeah I always thought they (7,8) sounded/drove like crap but not this year.Easily on par with DR 2.0 with free dlc.

Last edited:
mr05 in files. What car is this.
That's the Mitsubishi Space Star R5.

The other car that's duplicated (srs_05) is the Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth.

Strip the duplicate filenames out and you get 82 unique cars, which is what you all have in the game already.

I think so. There is no car related to it. It could be the Mitsubishi 2005 WRC car. Fingers crossed.
The final version of the game has 82 cars, the Ford Fiesta R5 MKII was the last to be added.

That's the Mitsubishi Space Star R5.

The other car that's duplicated (srs_05) is the Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth.

Strip the duplicate filenames out and you get 82 unique cars, which is what you all have in the game already.

The final version of the game has 82 cars, the Ford Fiesta R5 MKII was the last to be added.
Thanks PJ I thought it was strange. Maybe that car as a legend in your new WRC game in a few years.

Thanks PJ I thought it was strange. Maybe that car as a legend in your new WRC game in a few years.
I suggested it to the dev team a while back :)

It's not as easy as "this car is cool, let's add it" though. Licensing, development, game balance and other things need to be considered which is why some cars don't get seen in games even if they're popular requests.

I'm not paying more for something I'm not able to get into more.

The game has finally clicked for me. I think playing Project Cars 3 so much has made it easier for me to live with DR2's soft visuals.

It's not as easy as "this car is cool, let's add it" though. Licensing, development, game balance and other things need to be considered which is why some cars don't get seen in games even if they're popular requests.

Makes me sad the WRC games have 'Martini' liveries, yet DR2 doesn't.

Overview and thoughts on Update 1.15.

Damn I didn't know about that Royal Air Force livery! Better than the Valvoline one for the focus for me.

Too bad. What about Toyota in DiRT? Of course, don’t answer if you cannot talk about it.

However, DR3.0 could really benefit from the Celica Twincam Turbo for Group B, Celica ST185 & Celica ST205 for Group A, and Corolla for WRC. Castrol liveries too.

@PJTierney Please do answer... What's the score ? :)

Video games that require a security clearance cause their classified....2020.
Russel Crowe at the ready to extract some poor dev from a F.A.R.C coding camp.

Last edited:
Just picked up Game of the Year edition on PS sale in anticipation of PS5 coming soon. I assume that the game is compatible but wonder what resolution it will run in. I think PS4 pro was 1440p based on what I’ve read, so hopefully it’s at least that. Look forward to give it a go in a few weeks.

Just picked up Game of the Year edition on PS sale in anticipation of PS5 coming soon. I assume that the game is compatible but wonder what resolution it will run in. I think PS4 pro was 1440p based on what I’ve read, so hopefully it’s at least that. Look forward to give it a go in a few weeks.
It'll be backwards compatible, so you should be fine.

I've been told that when playing on PS5 the game will adopt the PS4 Pro settings, which I believe are 1440p, 60fps, HDR.

You'll probably see some improvements to loading times too if you're installing it on the PS5's SSD.

Thanks for the tip. Assetto Corsa is also on sale. Time to sell the disk versions.

Incase anyone missed it, news of this came out a few days ago:

https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/News/9_million_drivers

DR2_9Million_Hero_Impreza.jpg

DR2_9_Million_Infographic_Tall.jpg

Back