DIRTY ENDURANCE RACING LEAGUE (DERL)

• Thread starter JKRACING23
  • 5,290 comments
We took a week off because we were out of town. He's also lazy

To add to that DERL is done for the time being. The constant fighting, race idea trouble and bad turnout has made me come to the decision that the league just isnt sustainable as well as I dont want to ask for more days off from work cause I do other stuff in the summer.

To add to that DERL is done for the time being. The constant fighting, race idea trouble and bad turnout has made me come to the decision that the league just isnt sustainable as well as I dont want to ask for more days off from work cause I do other stuff in the summer.
To translate: "I'm lazy"

I blame you for this

Cause you've helped turnout a lot by not showing up for the entire last season and with your constant dive bombing and team mate helping when your here.

Cause you've helped turnout a lot by not showing up for the entire last season and with your constant dive bombing and team mate helping when your here.
Cali said he was missing 3 weeks and so did I so we will come back.

I want to keep league racing and it sounds like everyone else does. I'd be happy to host, albeit i can't make it every week, but i would communicate that beforehand.

If we continue going now's the time to change things:
-simplify entry regs (choose cars that 'everyone' has. Maybe 1 one make or very restrictive race)
-eliminate qualifying(fun but adds at least 30min to show)
-simplify pts system(make it so anyone can do the pts in their head, so its; 1.accurate 2. Creates more interest when everyone knows pts throughout the show)
-Use the timer between races! (20-30min)

Thoughts?

I'll be on shortly

But I like doing specific races. Keep doing 400-500pp FRs and it'll get boring after a while
I agree. But on the other hand, do a race with 6 obscure cars available and john doe will say f that and leave. We need to find a happy medium.

I agree. But on the other hand, do a race with 6 obscure cars available and john doe will say f that and leave. We need to find a happy medium.
How many years has the game been out? You all play the game a lot and should have most the cars and money. Cali has 50mil go buy some cars you haven't yet so we can try them. They won't be around come GTSport

If we continue going now's the time to change things:
-simplify entry regs (choose cars that 'everyone' has. Maybe 1 one make or very restrictive race)
-eliminate qualifying(fun but adds at least 30min to show)
-simplify pts system(make it so anyone can do the pts in their head, so its; 1.accurate 2. Creates more interest when everyone knows pts throughout the show)
-Use the timer between races! (20-30min)

Thoughts?

I don't mind the specifics to an extent. the quest for "cars we've never used" is fine, but maybe 1-2 races per week, not all 4
I agree w/ scrapping qualifying. Setting the start order as inverted order of previous finish would be my suggestion, placing the fastest guys from the previous race at the back to start.
I could care less about the points
I definitely agree with a start timer with a maximum of 25 minutes. The only way we should deviate from that is if a regular joins w/ less than 5 minutes to go, they should be afforded at least 5 minutes to prepare

I don't mind the specifics to an extent. the quest for "cars we've never used" is fine, but maybe 1-2 races per week, not all 4
I agree w/ scrapping qualifying. Setting the start order as inverted order of previous finish would be my suggestion, placing the fastest guys from the previous race at the back to start.
I could care less about the points
I definitely agree with a start timer with a maximum of 25 minutes. The only way we should deviate from that is if a regular joins w/ less than 5 minutes to go, they should be afforded at least 5 minutes to prepare
You know you love your lap led point. I like qualifying because it shows where everyone's cars are at and if someone is way faster than everyone else we can gang up on him unless it's me.

Thats one of the reasons I like qualifying it shows everyone where everyone stacks up so people know whos fast and slow and if your holding someone up. When ever we did races at the nurb no one knew who was fastest so it was harder to pass slower guys (Steve) cause they dont know know how much faster or slower you are so they just sit in the way. It also gives people a reason to actually get a good car and/or make the car they have good cause theres the point and theres knowing where you stack up instead of kinda hoping your car is good come the race cause you never get a good gauge in practice.

You know you love your lap led point.
I didn't say i didn't like it. I just said I could care less.
It has been very rare that I am able to make all weeks in a season let alone all races. I take more pleasure in trying to take points away from others than I do trying to earn them myself

Thats one of the reasons I like qualifying it shows everyone where everyone stacks up so people know whos fast and slow and if your holding someone up. When ever we did races at the nurb no one knew who was fastest so it was harder to pass slower guys (Steve) cause they dont know know how much faster or slower you are so they just sit in the way. It also gives people a reason to actually get a good car and/or make the car they have good cause theres the point and theres knowing where you stack up instead of kinda hoping your car is good come the race cause you never get a good gauge in practice.

I disagree completely. This is dirty racing with high boost. Even a crap car can be top 5 with a decent driver. I think both you and I have proven this many times over.
As far as the bolded section above, come on now! With a few days before hand and 20+ minutes to test and tune you "never get a good gauge" of where you car is without a qualifier, get real.

I think I am the poster child for race results not reflecting the qualifying order. I don't think I have ever won a pole and very rarely qualify in the top 5 and if I'm not mistaken, the season that I only missed like 3 races I was 3rd in points

I didn't say i didn't like it. I just said I could care less.
It has been very rare that I am able to make all weeks in a season let alone all races. I take more pleasure in trying to take points away from others than I do trying to earn them myself

I disagree completely. This is dirty racing with high boost. Even a crap car can be top 5 with a decent driver. I think both you and I have proven this many times over.
As far as the bolded section above, come on now! With a few days before hand and 20+ minutes to test and tune you "never get a good gauge" of where you car is without a qualifier, get real.

I think I am the poster child for race results not reflecting the qualifying order. I don't think I have ever won a pole and very rarely qualify in the top 5 and if I'm not mistaken, the season that I only missed like 3 races I was 3rd in points
Ok. You know you CARE about your lap led point.
I think he means that qualifying lets you know how fast your car is compared to the competition which is why I like it. If I'm leading and I know a slower car is second I might take the final corner a little slower to be careful I don't wreck or let a faster car pass unless it's JK

I think he means that qualifying lets you know how fast your car is compared to the competition which is why I like it. If I'm leading and I know a slower car is second I might take the final corner a little slower to be careful I don't wreck or let a faster car pass unless it's JK
Because the 24 minutes and 55 seconds of the race prior to the last turn don't allow you to figure out who is slow and who isn't.:confused:

Because the 24 minutes and 55 seconds of the race prior to the last turn don't allow you to figure out who is slow and who isn't.:confused:
No. It's hard to tell because of boost and drafting

Another batch of invites seem to have been sent out so go check if you signed up for the beta

Or some people are emotionally unstable, do nothing with their lives, and take a GAME away too seriously as if it's real. We've both seen his videos. He gets more upset than JK over tiny things. He's like if you combined JK and cards anger with the ego of you and JK

Now barretts racing dirty
You say that and then complain about me racing dirty. Did I bump draft you too hard or something?

You say that and then complain about me racing dirty. Did I bump draft you too hard or something?
You came around that turn at like 250mph and slammed me into the wall, shot me into the air doing 360's coming to the line.

And the difference is I apologized and waited for him. NOBODY in this game waits when they wreck someone which is ridiculous. I do get a few apologies and then we become friends

Last edited:
You came around that turn at like 250mph and slammed me into the wall, shot me into the air doing 360's coming to the line.

And the difference is I apologized and waited for him. NOBODY in this game waits when they wreck someone which is ridiculous. I do get a few apologies and then we become friends
On my screen I barely touched you and I couldn't really slow down anymore because I had someone right behind me.

Also I will generally wait for drivers if I mess up and wreck them as long as they are racing clean with me.

Back