Disney+ MCU

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 451 comments
My expectations were pretty much on the floor for the movie going in but I thought it was okay.
In fact I liked The Marvels better than Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Quantumania, The Eternals and of course Captain Marvel One, even if Dar-Benn's evil plan seemed to be functionally similar to the Spaceballs'.

The best thing about it for me was that it was relatively short and didn't waste an hour setting up the premise.

The only thing I found unbelievable about it was that cats (ok, cat-shaped aliens) actually cooperated with the humans and other aliens and did what they wanted them to do.

I'm glad they finally got the Girlvengers/Champions off the ground. I'm more interested in that than the X-Men who I'm glad are in a different universe than the so-called 616 Sacred Timeline. It makes sense to me and provides a reason why they weren't lolling around goofing off during the Battle Of New York like the aforementioned Eternals.

Last edited:
It was late when I finished the movie last night so my mind drew a blank when it came to thinking of possible members for Kamala's kid superhero team. Fortunately Screen Rant has my back and has rounded up what seems like most of the potential recruits. I forgot there were so many male prospects in addition to young hopefuls like Riri and er, that Thor actor's daughter.

Last edited:
It was late when I finished the movie last night so my mind drew a blank when it came to thinking of possible members for Kamala's kid superhero team. Fortunately Screen Rant has my back and rounded up what seems like most of the potential recruits. I forgot there were so many male prospects in addition to young hopefuls like Riri and er, the Thor actor's daughter.

It's a good list. I'd like to see Vision make the cut as the leader/mentor. As a wildcard, I'd also like to see Viv Vision introduced. I like the character and how she reacts to the others in the Champions.

I'd like to see Vision make the cut as the leader/mentor.
The Young Justice comic and cartoon did something similar with Red Tornado. He made a good Giles-type straight man.

Last edited:
If Gambit is using his power on Wolverines claws, is he just going to explode since its connected to his whole skeleton?

If Gambit is using his power on Wolverines claws, is he just going to explode since its connected to his whole skeleton?
Maybe he'll walk it off. :lol:

I didn't get on with the animation of the original series (which I hope this fixes) but everything else was actually better than the comics being released at the time (if not the decade old comics the show was based on). Pour some shugah on that.

Last edited:
Yes that old animation was killing me.
Especially compared with what WB were doing at the time.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was a marked improvement until Man Of Action got involved with writing the show.

I would have loved the animation to look like the Rankin/Bass Thundercats style. Even G.I.Joe and Transformers style.

1710057405344.jpeg

Last edited:
Edit: Uhhh, I want these writers to write all the future movies. It was only the two episodes, but these two episodes just killed the Fox X-Men. Nice cliffhanger(I know what’s going on though).
I liked X2. Especially the intro. One of the best intros in any genre of movie, but the writing really looks weak compared to X-Men ‘97. So fresh.

Last edited:
X-Men is really good. Easy watching and good animation. Love the writing.
I'm giving episode 1 a watch. Nothing against Catherine Disher but the difference between Jennifer Hale's Jean Grey and hers is night and day so far.

I'm giving episode 1 a watch. Nothing against Catherine Disher but the difference between Jennifer Hale's Jean Grey and hers is night and day so far.
The third episode felt very anime like. Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness should have let the X-Men writers have a go. If X-Men ‘97 is a preview to future Marvel shows and films quality, good for us.

The third episode felt very anime like. Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness should have let the X-Men writers have a go. If X-Men ‘97 is a preview to future Marvel shows and films quality, good for us.
This show is actually making me like Jubilee and I had previously thought that was an impossible task. It actually feels like it takes place in the 90s rather than whatever the original show was supposed to be.

Rather than being aimed at kids it seems to be a fanservice vehicle for an audience who were kids in the nineties so I guess previous story consultant Bob Harras - in my opinion the single worst influence on mainstream American comics - was nowhere near this series. The production values are more like Young Justice (when it was good) than GI Joe or He-Man (both of which have been updated since).

Last edited:
All caught up with '97 now. As someone who stopped reading the comic in the late eighties due to its labyrinthine kudzu-like plots and a dramatic decline in the quality of its writing, I'm sure glad they barrelled through the Inferno storyline at breakneck speed.

It's about time I watched Deadpool 2 to find out how familiar general audiences are with Cable. I've put off the movie for way too long.

All caught up with '97 now. As someone who stopped reading the comic in the late eighties due to its labyrinthine kudzu-like plots and a dramatic decline in the quality of its writing, I'm sure glad they barrelled through the Inferno storyline at breakneck speed.

It's about time I watched Deadpool 2 to find out how familiar general audiences are with Cable. I've put off the movie for way too long.
Oh, indeed. Deadpool 2 brought in some unexpected characters. Ryan Reynolds was smart with the two movies. I don’t think the third will disappoint.

Motendo/LifeDeath Pt.1 was cool. Love how they’re displaying powered up abilities with the characters’ powers.

Motendo fever!! Although the device looked more like a MogaDrive to me.

The design, music and effects were spot on for this segment and as usual were dripping in homage to the time period. Great casting as well as Holly Chou's and Gui Agustini's voices sound like the characters did in my head when I used to read about them. Alyson Court's appearance was also a nice touch.

I like the bespoke opening sequences which feature scenes from the episode. Justice League Unlimited used to do this and even had next episode teasers over the end credits before they dropped them.

Last edited:
Today's episode... well, I don't want to say anything until @05XR8 or someone else has had a chance to watch it.

All I'll say is I found it very well-scripted and that it's a shame the writer/showrunner Beau DeMayo is no longer working with Marvel, although perhaps not for the staff working under him if the gossip regarding his abusive behaviour is at all truthful.

20'40"

spoiler]

Last edited:
Today's episode... well, I don't want to say anything until @05XR8 or someone else has had a chance to watch it.

All I'll say is I found it very well-scripted and that it's a shame the writer/showrunner Beau DeMayo is no longer working with Marvel, although perhaps not for the staff working under him if the gossip regarding his abusive behaviour is at all truthful.

20'40"

spoiler]
I went to sleep after I “watched” ;) it. No doubt the whole world was like “Did we see who we just saw?” :lol: I was going to post this last night when the episode drama ended: “What. In. Thee. Hell. :eek::lol:

Most definitely the writing is crazy. Can you imagine if the movies were like this from the beginning?

I never thought any piece of X-Men media could ever make me like Gambit until today.

For a half hour show they're doing a great job of rendering byzantine X-continuity into bite size digestible chunks in a similar fashion to the Fox Spectacular Spidey show which was one of my faves.

Back