Do not upgrade to 2.12

Discussion in 'Hybriding' started by Voodoovaj, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

2.12 screws over all your modded cars.

It's either pass on the update and keep your mods, or update and have access to online. Such a terrible way to handle this situation.

2. Dan

Dan Premium

RIP creativity in this bland game.

3. Giygas

Giygas

Supposedly the hidden upgrades and cars still work fine.

Anyone able to keep their unpaintable cars painted?

4. TorqueHappenS08

TorqueHappenS08

See...this is why you have separate accounts, Main for GT5, 2nd for hybrids...So i still have all my babies.

5. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

Well, this guy is reinstalling up to 2.11. I was spending more time on my own tickering with mods. Online was dying for me, so I'm sticking to 2.11 and I'll play wait and see on any future editions.

I'm going to give that a try

6. Evolver60

Evolver60

DONNNNTTT DOOOO IT Even my backups wont work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. 1241Penguin

1241Penguin Premium

When you're updating, you're updating the Game Data, which is shared across all accounts on a single PS3. Hence, there's no advantage in having multiple accounts.

8. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

I'll check my black Impreza prototype rally car. One sec...
    Yep! It's still black! Good to know.

9. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

Dammit. I was hoping it would install multiples. Crap:(

10. Evolver60

Evolver60

Colors stay put hp has changed majorly changed!!!

11. DITCHLINE

DITCHLINE

I just done the update & lost a couple modded cars but most are still there

12. Evolver60

Evolver60

I just Got into Hybrids too and now they gone ALL GONE *weep* *weep*

13. Evolver60

Evolver60

As soon as you highlight them they change to the original hp sadly....

14. shmogt

shmogt

So it's finally dead?

15. DITCHLINE

DITCHLINE

Man,! Nothing good ever lasts long might as well throw this dead a%* game away & start on FORZA update just killed GT5 for me !!

16. TorqueHappenS08

TorqueHappenS08

Update main, finish updating, Delete game data on separate account.

17. FastAShecK

FastAShecK (Banned)

WOW They killed it, no surprise as 90% on the rooms online had BS going on in them, makes me not feel so bad my JBPS3 is PSN Banned anyways. Im keeping my Bridz

I believe this is probably the last of the GT series for me, at least until they release a full game, Im getting sick and tired of paying for incomplete games, and now them yanking the best thing in GT. NEXT!!!!! Forza is looking better and better every day.

18. FastAShecK

FastAShecK (Banned)

have you checked if it leaves the engine swaps alone, but kills the HP multiplier?

19. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

The swapped engines get removed sadly. My Civette has lost it's Corvette engine, and now has a fully maxxed out default engine. From 600HP to a measly 400HP. :yuck:
    Very disappointed with PD at the moment.

20. DITCHLINE

DITCHLINE

I totally agree with ZDUPH Im disappointed in PD as well I double checked and all my really cool,nice and tricked rides are all junk again I guess PD wants more of us playing in dirty nascar lobbies ....RIP to the Hybrid movement its just another clue that GT6 wont be out for 2 or 3 more years yee haww!!!!

21. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

I just read that the Super Soft tires are still working. Nice. way to let the actual cheaters go about their business and destroy the hard work of fans.

Disgusted is an understatement.

BTW, I'm awake because I'm reinstalling the game data. Screw online.

22. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Yeah no update for me.

23. DITCHLINE

DITCHLINE

Is there anyway I go back to the previous version after I downloaded the update?

24. 1241Penguin

1241Penguin Premium

Reinstall your Game Data, but stop before it downloads update 2.12.

Just be aware of the risks and what you'll lose in doing so.

25. FastAShecK

FastAShecK (Banned)

anybody tried to re-hack a car, do a engine swap or something? Have they blocked the saving of the swapped parts?

26. DITCHLINE

DITCHLINE

I wonder if any of the big wigs at PD cruise this website apparently not or they would see just as many people wanna mod cars as they are people who cry about so called cheaters every body I know dont race there "good cars" online anyway not to say they are bound to be some people who can't drive or nail down a good setup is going to go in a lobby stink it up then get kicked anyway I just dont see the harm its just a game!!

27. DK

DK Premium

What a bad move from PD. Although deleting the 100,000+hp X2010s/X2011s might be a wise move, wiping out the "legit" hybrids (e.g. 20B-powered RX-7s, RB26-powered Silvias, FR Integras etc.) is a bad move. Maybe they'll learn from the hybriding movement and allow for greater customisation options in GT6 or a further update.

28. Giygas

Giygas

While we may not have to deal with gorillion hp Fiats anymore, it is still against the rules or w/e to modify a car like the way a lot of us were.

I think the main reason why PD decided to drop hybriding like this is because it's not the legacy that they want GT5 to have. They were probably afraid of GT5 becoming "that game where you can have a 3K Civic" instead of it being a racing simulator. In their eyes it would be better to have a slightly mediocre racing game than a slightly mediocre racing game with cars that accelerate faster than jet fighters.

Really, it probably shouldn't have been possible to do this in the first place, or they should have at least taken care of this much sooner, like in January.

29. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

As I've stated, the worst part of this whole thing is that it was not "against the rules" at all. It worked well within the rules.

PD could have embraced it and and controlled it FAR better than this. I could probably write 20 pages on alternate solutions that would have been less destructive.

I'll say this, if GT6 doesn't offer more in depth tuning as has been experienced through modding, then there is really no point for me to spend $60 on an 80% rated game. (metacritic is still the industry standard http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/gran-turismo-5)

I can do without it's tedious single player slog just so I can get cars to hotlap with. The only reason I bought GT5 was the online. If it didn't have that, it was a lackluster title and definitely not a triple A game.

30. CasNuerburg

CasNuerburg

I hoped this " taking care of minor problems " would get rid of the hacks.

:D

It did.

Now the game goes back to be a driving simulator.

Nice.