Do not upgrade to 2.12

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 295 comments
Canada
London, Ontario
voodoovaj
2.12 screws over all your modded cars.

It's either pass on the update and keep your mods, or update and have access to online. Such a terrible way to handle this situation.

2.12 screws over all your modded cars.

It's either pass on the update and keep your mods, or update and have access to online. Such a terrible way to handle this situation.

RIP creativity in this bland game.

See...this is why you have separate accounts, Main for GT5, 2nd for hybrids...So i still have all my babies.

RIP creativity in this bland game.

Well, this guy is reinstalling up to 2.11. I was spending more time on my own tickering with mods. Online was dying for me, so I'm sticking to 2.11 and I'll play wait and see on any future editions.

See...this is why you have separate accounts, Main for GT5, 2nd for hybrids...So i still have all my babies.

I'm going to give that a try

When you're updating, you're updating the Game Data, which is shared across all accounts on a single PS3. Hence, there's no advantage in having multiple accounts.

When you're updating, you're updating the Game Data, which is shared across all accounts on a single PS3. Hence, there's no advantage in having multiple accounts.

Dammit. I was hoping it would install multiples. Crap:(

Man,! Nothing good ever lasts long might as well throw this dead a%* game away & start on FORZA update just killed GT5 for me !!

Update main, finish updating, Delete game data on separate account.

WOW They killed it, no surprise as 90% on the rooms online had BS going on in them, makes me not feel so bad my JBPS3 is PSN Banned anyways. Im keeping my Bridz

I believe this is probably the last of the GT series for me, at least until they release a full game, Im getting sick and tired of paying for incomplete games, and now them yanking the best thing in GT. NEXT!!!!! Forza is looking better and better every day.

The swapped engines get removed sadly. My Civette has lost it's Corvette engine, and now has a fully maxxed out default engine. From 600HP to a measly 400HP. :yuck:
Very disappointed with PD at the moment.

I totally agree with ZDUPH Im disappointed in PD as well I double checked and all my really cool,nice and tricked rides are all junk again I guess PD wants more of us playing in dirty nascar lobbies ....RIP to the Hybrid movement its just another clue that GT6 wont be out for 2 or 3 more years yee haww!!!!

I just read that the Super Soft tires are still working. Nice. way to let the actual cheaters go about their business and destroy the hard work of fans.

Disgusted is an understatement.

BTW, I'm awake because I'm reinstalling the game data. Screw online.

I wonder if any of the big wigs at PD cruise this website apparently not or they would see just as many people wanna mod cars as they are people who cry about so called cheaters every body I know dont race there "good cars" online anyway not to say they are bound to be some people who can't drive or nail down a good setup is going to go in a lobby stink it up then get kicked anyway I just dont see the harm its just a game!!

What a bad move from PD. Although deleting the 100,000+hp X2010s/X2011s might be a wise move, wiping out the "legit" hybrids (e.g. 20B-powered RX-7s, RB26-powered Silvias, FR Integras etc.) is a bad move. Maybe they'll learn from the hybriding movement and allow for greater customisation options in GT6 or a further update.

DK
What a bad move from PD. Although deleting the 100,000+hp X2010s/X2011s might be a wise move, wiping out the "legit" hybrids (e.g. 20B-powered RX-7s, RB26-powered Silvias, FR Integras etc.) is a bad move. Maybe they'll learn from the hybriding movement and allow for greater customisation options in GT6 or a further update.

While we may not have to deal with gorillion hp Fiats anymore, it is still against the rules or w/e to modify a car like the way a lot of us were.

I think the main reason why PD decided to drop hybriding like this is because it's not the legacy that they want GT5 to have. They were probably afraid of GT5 becoming "that game where you can have a 3K Civic" instead of it being a racing simulator. In their eyes it would be better to have a slightly mediocre racing game than a slightly mediocre racing game with cars that accelerate faster than jet fighters.

Really, it probably shouldn't have been possible to do this in the first place, or they should have at least taken care of this much sooner, like in January.

While we may not have to deal with gorillion hp Fiats anymore, it is still against the rules or w/e to modify a car like the way a lot of us were.

As I've stated, the worst part of this whole thing is that it was not "against the rules" at all. It worked well within the rules.

PD could have embraced it and and controlled it FAR better than this. I could probably write 20 pages on alternate solutions that would have been less destructive.

I'll say this, if GT6 doesn't offer more in depth tuning as has been experienced through modding, then there is really no point for me to spend $60 on an 80% rated game. (metacritic is still the industry standard http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/gran-turismo-5)

I can do without it's tedious single player slog just so I can get cars to hotlap with. The only reason I bought GT5 was the online. If it didn't have that, it was a lackluster title and definitely not a triple A game.

I hoped this " taking care of minor problems " would get rid of the hacks.

:D

It did.

Now the game goes back to be a driving simulator.

Nice.

Back