Do you drive a car in real life and play GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter skylinefx
  • 135 comments
  • 12,578 views

Do you drive?

  • Yes

    Votes: 301 86.2%
  • I have driven before

    Votes: 25 7.2%
  • No

    Votes: 23 6.6%

  • Total voters
    349
@alonsofanf194

It's not just in Germany that young drivers with little experience think their F1 and invincible drivers. In Canada too.

I see too much young drivers, who just got their driving license at age of 16-17-18 who drives like idiots. A lot of them just don't care about laws and drive impaired and too fast. They think they're in GT or GTA and they think they can handle every situation with their car. They take so much risks, and too often there is casualties. They think a beaten 2001 four door civic with crappy brakes, smooth suspension can take curves like a F1 and brake from 100-0 in 2 seconds.
 
@alonsofanf194

It's not just in Germany that young drivers with little experience think their F1 and invincible drivers. In Canada too.
it's EVERYWHERE. here in france and in california too. the guys i went to high school with in the early 70's are starting to croak these days from heart attacks, cancer, etc. but almost everybody who isn't around today died before the age of 20... behind the wheel.
 
tourist
Twin-Turbo S40?!
Lovely :D

I drive the V40 T4. Only changed the exaust from cat and lowerd it a bit.
Will add new downpipe, cat and a chip.
But why a Twin-Turbo on a 4cylinder? Why not just a bigger Turbo. Isnt it more trouble than it's worth?

He just wanted it to sound special, I'll bet money it was either not a turbo at all or it was a bone stock single turbo.

midnightman94
I got myself a Corvette ZR-1 and it doesn't compare to the game at all. The car only goes 206 MPH before the rev limiter kicks in. The gearing is the only thing I find wrong in the game. In real life it accelerates faster than the game and sounds cooler with bigger cams and upgraded exhaust.

Does it have NOS bra? How about spinning rims? I call BS.
 
Yep I drive in real life too. Been driving for just under two years now. But with only being 19, I have to drive something low powered and cheap to avoid being screwed over by the insurance companies. So at the moment I've got a Peugeot 306 1.4 '98. Hoping to upgrade at some point soon though. Looking for a bigger engined car since I'll have two years no claims by the time I come to buy.
 
yes, and fortunatly enough my car is in the game too! :dopey: (e46 m3)
 
I drive a 2007 BMW 328i. I wish it had more power but I love it.

DSCN3729.JPG


I've driven an E92 M3, an E60 M5, and an E63 M6 HARD on a track at the BMW Performance Driving School. Even though the M6 isn't in the game the M5 and M3 feel very similar with a DFGT wheel. Every time I hop in an M3 or an M5 I feel like I'm back at the school. They don't feel identical, but it's pretty close.


Here is the E90 M3 with the competition package and the M6 I flogged :) They're both fantastic cars but the M3 was a bit more fun on the track. M6 and M5's V10 is intoxicating though
DSCN3715.JPG
 
Last edited:
I do - 2006 Pontiac 6.0 GTO parked in the driveway, 2004 5.7 Pontiac GTO parked in my GT5 garage. Tried to mod the virtual 2004 to perform more like my reallife 2006 - haven't quite got it bang on yet.
 
proud to say i drive a 2004 Pilot given to me by my parents, to be honest, it drives much better than most newer cars.. this thread reminded me of the time i flogged a go kart to within an inch of its life at the local Funplex thanks to some tricks from Gran Turismo.. obviously each car had been beaten on differently so they all drove in their own style.. for instance the first car i drove that time did not like right turns.. but the second one i got was a quickie, its motor was definitely in excellent shape because this car had alot of power and in particular really good handling, i could break the back end loose on the tracks hairpin by turning in real sharp and hold a small slide out the other side, so i did this a few times.. and one of the other guys on the track mustve seen me doing this because he tried it too.. unfortunately for him he mistimed when he should go from turning in to the opposite lock, so the car gripped too early, and went straight into the inside wall at the apex of the hairpin, then the car behind him T-boned him, and then 3 cars (including my friend) went boom boom bang into the back of the car that had Tboned the first one, and then i came around the corner before the one in question and narrowly missed the caboose on the train of rear ended cars.. hysterically funny pileup.. now let me just remind you all that this was an electric go kart track so no serious life threatening momentum was at play here.. i was promptly lectured by the track attendants on cutting that crap so no other people would attempt the same behavior and cause another big one.. so i complied.
 
Last edited:
01 ford mustang v8

a game will never ever be able to fully replicate the physics of a real life
 
Drive a 1990 Volvo 740 GL. It's a tank.

And, yes I play GT5 too.
 
I just turned 30 :(

I have a 87 firebird w/ 350 and 4 speed stick. 3.73 gear and discs all around. Corvette 17"-18" wheels. I myself installed the motor, trans and rear in high school. Still melts tires.

And 2 years ago I bought a raven black 06 Cadillac Cts-V. 6.0L 6 speed stick. 6 piston brembo's, leather and suede! 400hp with heated seats!

I love my cars!

So I got a g27 with playseat! Bangin gears!

If only my Cadillac was in gt5. What were they thinking???
 
I wish the CTS-V coupe was in the game, sick car.

The wagon is much sexier imo. Hopefully, we can get them in DLC eventually.
 
I have three different cars I drive in real life..
-Honda CR-V (for work)
-New Beetle (my girls)

And my 1992 Camaro Z28 (in avatar) which has 330hp/415tq at the rear wheels. This car was built for straight line fun. Driven on a roadcourse ONE time with Goodyear Gatorbacks (remember those?), and it was a nightmare to drive :nervous::crazy::scared:.
 
33yo been driving about 15 years now. Got an 05 legacy 3.0r on 19s. Best handling car I've driven to date , goes round corners like it's actually on rails.
Just experienced the fun of clutch shifting with my g27 yesterday, so much fun!

No accidents in real life but plenty in the virtual one lol!
 
I've been driving since I was 12 (around the farm until I was able to get my license at 15) and been playing GT for almost as long. 23 now. I have a G27 and driving fast cars in GT5 is fun but you don't get the G-forces that come with real cars. I have an NA SW20 MR2 and that is more fun to drive than GT5. It's not a quick car but it's fast enough to have fun in.
 
I am 20 now and since I got my licence I have driven around 50k miles mostly in my (now sold) 2008 gti. I have been driving since I was 13 though on back roads with my dad. I actually keep a list of every car I have driven since then and it is a 121. Some noteables are 2008 ferrari 430 scuderia, c6 corvette, 11 second vw's, evos, stis, srt4s, a motercycle, and a few ls1 camaros. I love driving and gt5 is a way I can do it without losing my license (again) and worrying about breaking things.
 
30 yo myself
and i have about 70k miles on my latest car: (3 years old this august)
2007 Saab 93 Aero
 
I must be doing something wrong (or you're rich), it took me 10+ years of driving before I could afford my '05 e46 (xi). Also *ck GT5 for putting the '06 3-series in the game as an '05.

Haha I'm sure your not doing anything wrong :) Just happened to make an excellent deal with the dealership, them taking my car + 125cc bike I had so I could afford the Beemer. And yes, the E90 is actually listed '06- but they did make it from september 2005 onward already so I can't say if PD got that wrong or not.
 
I'm gonna have to say no. I don't think anybody would believe it if I fibbed anyways. (Who's heard of a 13 year old driving?).

Unless driving 5 meters counts.
 
I do drive a real car, it's a BMW E30 316 '87, M10B18 engine, Cosmosblau. I do also own a Toyota Corolla EE90 '88, 2E engine, White/rust, not in a bad condition.

I got my driving license about two years ago, but I've been driving cars for nearly 6 years in total, mostly on closed/private roads and off-road areas. Just either practising for extreme situations or just having loads of fun with my jalopy AE82.
 
I do drive a real car, it's a BMW E30 316 '87, M10B18 engine, Cosmosblau. I do also own a Toyota Corolla EE90 '88, 2E engine, White/rust, not in a bad condition.

I had a 1990 EE90 as my first car. Not too bad but so slow and handled pretty poorly.
 
XxHardinGxX
I drive a Clio 182, its my pride and joy

What colour is yours? Is it a cup/standard/trophy?

I've got a 133 cup and 200 and looking to pick up a 182 trophy. The 182 is a great car.
 
I drive a 1981 Holden Commodore.
 
Just wondering, how many people play GT5 and drive a car in real life?

It seems like almost everyone here talks about the realism of the physics, how it's more realistic driving without any driving aids on sports hard tyres.

It just makes me wonder - have these people actually driven a car in real life.
I have driven a car in real life before a couple of times, but I dont have a license yet. (18 today :D)

I'm a little late to the party, with well over a hundred replies, and I'm just not reading through those before responding. Having got that confession out of the way....

It sounds like you're assuming that video gamers are mainly young, like high school and below. This is a common but horribly erroneous belief that is based on absolutely nothing. In truth, the average age of gamers is somewhere in the late thirties (it goes up every year so I've lost track, but the last figure I read was 36, and that's probably been a few years ago), meaning that for every kid gamer there's one in their fifties or sixties. Adult gamers outnumber adolescent gamers. In fact, adult female gamers even outnumber male gamers below the age of eighteen, which is the exact opposite of the stereotypes.

I'm not at all surprised to see players who drive a real car dramatically dominating the poll; not in the slightest. I expected nothing less.
 
I'm 23 don't have a driving licence , have been driving since I was 8 and on the road for the past 4-5 year . Have had heaps of cars , had a vaxuhall nova , vw golfs , ford fiestas , merc c180 and two Toyota celicas. And that's just some of them . Most of my cars end u gettin crashed as we like to go to the local foresty fire roads for a rally
 
Back