Do you drive a car in real life and play GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter skylinefx
  • 135 comments
  • 12,578 views

Do you drive?

  • Yes

    Votes: 301 86.2%
  • I have driven before

    Votes: 25 7.2%
  • No

    Votes: 23 6.6%

  • Total voters
    349
chris78cpr
What colour is yours? Is it a cup/standard/trophy?

I've got a 133 cup and 200 and looking to pick up a 182 trophy. The 182 is a great car.

I've got an rb cup. I've got a decat yozza exhaust and the run over map from JMS it sounds really nice. I wasn't too keen on the 200's at first but they have grown on me, i love that alien green colour :)
The trophy is the best handling hatch ever in my eyes and a lovely colour
 
yes, i drive a 2001 miata 6 speed, as pure as any car made after 2000 can get, no esc to any extent, i dont think mine has abs, its manual, very light and only 2 airbags. Almost exactly how i would build a car except id put in a lot more power and give it a 9000 rpm redline (but thats what my '07 gsxr 600 is for, 16.5k redline :trouble: ). very satisfied with it fun as heck too.
 
I had a 1990 EE90 as my first car. Not too bad but so slow and handled pretty poorly.

Can you remember what kind of engine did it have and how much mileage? Mine has barely 200 000km and still going strong as expected, a very reliable and simple structure, should easily go over 300k and beyond if maintained regularly. The chassis is also slightly lower and stiffer than usually, despite being in stock condition so the handling is somewhat ok, not great. The only problem is the rust, Finland's winter and road salt are pretty harsh on the bodywork. :)
 
driven my dads lotus elise on the disused parts of spa francochamps (used to be bigger), all the way to 3rd GEAR!!!
 
yes, i drive a 2001 miata 6 speed, as pure as any car made after 2000 can get, no esc to any extent, i dont think mine has abs, its manual, very light and only 2 airbags.

ahem, enter lotus elise; 750kg, 5 speed(ie a better engine) no abs, no traction control, no power steering, little steering wheel, bucket seats,0 airbags, nuff said
 
I own two cars a Honda civic TypeR ek9 and a Ford escort MK1 rs2000 thats my favourite of the two :)
 
I've got an rb cup. I've got a decat yozza exhaust and the run over map from JMS it sounds really nice. I wasn't too keen on the 200's at first but they have grown on me, i love that alien green colour :)
The trophy is the best handling hatch ever in my eyes and a lovely colour
Nice one been driving since 1980.

Current daily driver RS172 bought new in Feb 2002. Great to see the RS Flag flying in GT5. One of the first cars bought in GT5 was a used RS Lutecia which i use as my track car TT Nordschliefe :)

When the RS moniker was coming to AU in mid-late 2001 Renault AU decided on the RS172 Cup - last of the series. 85 Limited Edition Cups sold out before landing. I missed out so put my money on the next batch landing Feb 2002, OCT 2001 Build.

 
Last edited:
Owned many cars, including a `78 Toyota Corona, Buick Regal Custom. Pontiac Fiero, and Plymouth Sundance.

My rides now are a Lincoln Continental, and an Olds Intrigue.
 
i had a VOLVO 240 but i crashed it into a tree when i snow-drifted in december last year:grumpy: currently driving my dads VOLVO xc70 D5 AWD. but he wants it back in a few days so now i have to buy a new car.

any suggestions on a cheap/fun to drive car from Europe/Japan?
 
Mitsubishi Colt CZ3 1.3L '05 model
Not the best hatch around but i ve had my fun driving it. GT5 also helps put down my aggresiveness, so i do tend to drive more conservatively IRL (safer)
 
I grew up in Idaho where I was driving Jeeps, 4x4's, and the occasional "driving lessons" before I was 16, when I got my license. I could write a book about the stuff we did.

Nowadays, it's like fun and good times are outlawed. Someone is always watching....
 
I've just hit the tipping point where I've been driving for longer than I've not - I'm 34 and started driving when I was 17. Have had a good few really "meh" cars in my time and am currently driving a '98 Mondeo (though it is a 2.5l V6). Though in keeping with most posts in this thread, I'll have to say that my other car is a 30-litre V20, quad-turbo Lamborgini F430 Quatroporte Supervoloce GTi (diesel) which has eleventy-million BHP and does 0-60 in -1.2seconds (it's so fast that it breaks the speed of light and stops obeying the laws of physics, meaning it is doing 60mph before it starts moving), which I've owned since I was 6. Though I can't get pictures of it right now, it's in the garage getting the seats re-upholstered with supermodel skin.

I've done a good few driving days and can say that no driving game (GT5 included) really replicates driving an actual car quickly, though I wonder if that's a "feeling" thing - there's not a proper sensation of speed, you can't feel what the wheels are doing, how much the car is rolling etc.

I was once driven around Silverstone by Tiff Needel in a GT-spec Ferrari (I know that will be setting off a few ******** alarms, but it's true). When he asked what I did for a living and I told him I worked in games, he said "oh year, I've had a go of that new PlayStation F1 game (which I was working on at the time). It's good, but you never get the true sense of what the car is doing". He then proceded to brake so late into a hairpin that I slightly wet myself. Slightly.
 
I drive a 99' BMW 323i E46. Decent drive, used daily.

As far as Tax, insurance and car price goes, you guys have nothing on us Finns. We pay at least 50% for our cars then the rest of the world does. Thats also the reason that we have the second oldest cars in the world on average. only beaten by Cuba -.- . the average car here is about 12 years old. That means no abs, TC or any other luxuries on allot of cars. Combine that with our back roads (witch are like gravel roller coasters) and we get quite a few good drivers. Still I only have had my license for just over a month so I really cant classify myself as a good driver. But I am learning allot every day and have pushed the old crappy thing (2000 Toyota Avensis 1.6) quite allot already:P

You may want to know that a new Honda civic 1.8l cost about usd110k in Singapore. We have one of the younger car population (3 to 4 yrs)because 10years of usage permit called COE cost about us$50k excluding tax and car.
Petrol cost 1.8 per litre n insurance for cheaper models is about 1k to 2k per year. An evo x insurance will cost 5k a year to insure. Crazy but true.
Drove for 18 yrs. Toyota corolla, Nissan sunny n Mazda 3. Did about 300k km Did advanced driving course n Mercedes c class challenge. Mazda axela feels abt right in gt5. More difficult to do handbrake turn in gt5 than in rl. Loves fwd car in gt5. only rwd I drove is Mercedes c200 so no way to compare.
 
I drive my mom's Honda Accord '10 until I have enough money to buy the car I would like. :D
 
Back