Do you even consider seriously playing any other racer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlexGTV
  • 126 comments
  • 8,634 views

AlexGTV

(Banned)
Messages
1,547
Greece
Salonica
I am hooked to the series from GT4 onwards and although I have played a fair share of the other racers I always come back to the series. The realistic controls and car movement, the building understeer, the snap oversteer :scared:, the critical turn-ins before long straights and all of these with an above generous car and track selection rendered in some amazing graphics.

Will you be here when GT6 arrives? I will.
 
You sound like you would enjoy iRacing. If you havnt checked it out yet, I would recommend you do. Its fantastic.

http://iracing.com
 
Yes, both rfactor and iRacing. Though the physics in GT5 are good, both of these are better and more realistic...IMHO.
 
I will be here but GT is not as good as the PC´s RFaktor Iracing and GTR. The optic is worth and for IRacing you have to pay monthly but that are games on a level with GT.

They just don´t make that much fun because you have to use a PC and that can be a pain when it comes to games.
 
I have been with the series since GT1 on the original PS. To be honest, I am least impressed with this release. Its all about the tracks and the events for me. This game had the potential to easily become the game of the year in my opinion. But the lack there of leaves the game to depend on patches and DLC to try to reach the expectations that many expected.

To answer your question, I did consider another racer and I did just that. However I will not trade in or sale my copy of GT5. There is still hope to fix it. But I now play F1 2010, its a change of pace from the GT series and I am loving it. I did a custom racing seat setup and unfortunately GT5 wasn't making my investment worthwhile.
 
I'm playing FM3, F1 2010 and this and yeah I'll buy GT6 when it's out, that's 100% sure.

Both other game got there apeal (rain is awesome in F1 2010 ^^, paint/online/tuning is awesome in FM3) but I still love GT5 even if it has problem.
 
I often thought about playing FM3... but the problem is I really don't want an X360!
 
been playing since release day for GT1, I'll be paying more attention to new titles now and most like trying out Iracing or rfactor.
 
iRacing has its merits, but lacks the car selection of GT5 and the graphics.

i'll give GT credit there, ton of cars to choose from.
 
Yes, Preordered Shift 2. Shift is more fun and the better game IMO. But GT5 feels the best to drive..
 
Another racing game with outstanding physics is Race Pro for the 360.

I dont agree I think the physics are ******, the closest games to GT5 are F1 and FM3 in my opinion.

Also shift is in no way better than GT5 in my opinion. Maybe on some interior graphic it's above GT5 but that's it.
 
I'm still playing Forza 3 (but not near as much as GT5.) While the handling model isn't as good as GT5, iRacing, rFactor, the online play for private rooms is ideal for running a weekly racing league with complex regulations and restrictions. F3 also has a lobby point system if you run multiple heats (which GT5 does not.) If you have an XB360, the F3 Ultimate Edition Game is a steal at $30. You get all the DLC content for free!!! Worth a look if you love racing, especially for the price. F3's AI is better than GT5 by a lot IMO.
 
I dont agree I think the physics are ******, the closest games to GT5 are F1 and FM3 in my opinion.

Also shift is in no way better than GT5 in my opinion. Maybe on some interior graphic it's above GT5 but that's it.

In your Opinion.

It's general consensus that Shift has better AI, the sound is on another level, and the Graphics are better other than FPS.

But to each his own 👍
 
Try iRacing, to me it's the most realistic thing out there, if it cost the same as GT5 and had the same amount of cars and events, I would not be playing GT5 right now. iRacing is geat, though GT5 is much more easily playable and open. I play both but will keep playing GT5 much more than iRacing until I pass the GT mode.
 
Any racing game(mostly consoles) that has a hint of realism I look forward to. I love the GT series but I wont limit myself to it. Ive found enjoyment it its competition like Forza and SegaGT.
 
Hell yeah! I just hooked up my old Xbox and played some good ol RalliSport Challenge, a little Toca and some Burnout Revenge!

I pop in Dirt and Shift once in a while on the PS3 and wouldn't mind picking up a used Grid somewhere...

GT5 is getting a lot of my time right now, but it certainly leaves room for other stuff.
 
No. I, for some odd reason, can't get deep into any game as I can GT games. I'm not even all that good, just a silver to bronze driver. Other games just don't feel "right". I can never get a wheel to feel correct in the other games, despite a plethora of adjustments. Ironically, GT doesn't have a slew of adjustmnts needed to get it done right.
 
Last edited:
I have Hot Pursuit, which is a blast to play online. I have not been able to stop playing GT5 though. I think GT5 will stay in my PS3 for quite some time.
 
iRacing has its merits, but lacks the car selection of GT5 and the graphics.

You dont play iRacing for just the cars or graphics. Its the physics that are amazing. I dont need a bunch of pretty, shiny cars on pretty, shiny tracks to race. I do need the intense feel of driving a car on its edge, and having it snap when I make the smallest of mistakes.

The racing on iRacing can not even compare to the racing on GT5. I have had some of the best racing in my life on Iracing.

And to top it all off, most people that play iRacing are talented. No one is going to waste their money buying the cars and tracks if they arent even competitive.

Also, the safety rating in iRacing is something every racing game needs. It keeps people from driving recklessly.

That is just my two-cents.
 
The racing on iRacing can not even compare to the racing on GT5. I have had some of the best racing in my life on Iracing.

And to top it all off, most people that play iRacing are talented. No one is going to waste their money buying the cars and tracks if they arent even competitive.

Also, the safety rating in iRacing is something every racing game needs. It keeps people from driving recklessly.

That is just my two-cents.

Could not have put it better. Once GT Academy wraps up, I'll be transitioning back into iRacing as it truly is a better "racing" experience. As far as "games" to pass the time go, GT5 is better but as far as what it's actually like to drive racing cars and race against real people, iRacing is far and away the better simulator to play.
 
Could not have put it better. Once GT Academy wraps up, I'll be transitioning back into iRacing as it truly is a better "racing" experience. As far as "games" to pass the time go, GT5 is better but as far as what it's actually like to drive racing cars and race against real people, iRacing is far and away the better simulator to play.

I'm probably going to be doing the same. Hope to see you in the finals! :dopey:
 
...
 
Last edited:
yes i do, FM3, DiRT (1&2) grid, shift, f12010, and they all get a regular play, and i still enjoy them, even bust out the old ps2 games once and a while but as a console gamer, i havent had a crack at iracing
 
I never considered playing another racer........ until GT5.
 
Not since buying GT5, but I will definitely play F1 2010 when the 2011 season starts, and then F1 2011 when it comes out.

Also if Blackbean manage to bring out a half descent WRC 2011 I will buy that, but thats a big "if" given the standard of the first game
 
I love my racing games, but I haven't been as hooked to a racer before like I am with GT5. I can't see me playing anything else for months, I've played the game every day since I bought it apart from Wednesday when I got the DCUO beta. GT5 to me is everything I want from a racing game.
 
Well...I would say Ridge Racer...but I don't wanna get attacked. :lol:

Edit: I try to play as many Racers as I can as long as I think they'll interest me. :)

I tried Shift...and I returned it the next day, I absolutely hated that game with a passion, and I still do. Which is why I'm never buying a shift game again unless they can hook me.

I like Forza...but there's something about the game that just doesn't sit well with me. I don't know what it is! :confused: Everything is good until I actually start racing. Something just doesn't feel right, but the game is enjoyable nonetheless. :)

Other than that, I try to play many racers...like I stated earlier. :lol:
 
Back