Do you even consider seriously playing any other racer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlexGTV
  • 126 comments
  • 8,634 views
Almost forgot LOVED Dirt, still play sometimes. Dirt 2 stunk sadly.
 
Along the lines of GT, it's the only racing simulator I've ever played. Although I had an XBOX360 at one point, we didn't have the money for that and my PS3. If I had the XBOX, would I play Forza? Maybe as downtime from GT, but I could never make a switch. As much as I'd want to play any other simulator, I'd still look down on the GT logo on my wheel, and head back to where it started.

After a while, it is not being a fanboy, it's just the game has had an effect on you that you can't let it go. GT may not be the best down the road, but I'll still play it.
 
Almost forgot LOVED Dirt, still play sometimes. Dirt 2 stunk sadly.

Is Dirt 2 really that bad? I was going to buy it next week. I have Dirt 1 and it´s such a great game, that I thought that Dirt 2 was going to be much better.
 
I play Test Drive Unlimited (World of Carcraft!) for the immersive community experience.
I play NFS: Hot Pursuit for fast paced arcade fun.
I play F1 2010 for a racing career simulator.
And of course I play GT5 for the physics and overall scope of cars and tracks, as I have played every GT game since I picked up GT1 on launch day.
 
GT4 as in Grand Turismo 4? Surely you must be speaking of Grand Theft Auto 4. GT4 in some ways is better than GT5 if you ask me. Your the first person I have come across that said GT4 was horrible. Of coarse your opinion is your opinion.

Grand Theft Auto 4 = Epic

Gran Turismo 4 = Was fun at the start, but poor RWD control and running soft racing tires seemed like driving on ice. GT3 was far better.

Is Dirt 2 really that bad? I was going to buy it next week. I have Dirt 1 and it´s such a great game, that I thought that Dirt 2 was going to be much better.

My opinion, Dirt 2 is awesome! like calan_svc said, turn up the difficulty and Dirt-2 is the biggest adrenaline rush you've ever experienced in a game. I played a stadium race on one of the harder levels that was so close I was shaking afterwards, and won it by about half a car length. Just youtube it to see the awesome graphics and playability.

And online races are crazy fun. Lots of wrecking and spinning others out, but that's stadium racing for ya. Now that I have GT5 and NFS:HP in my library, I've been lending Dirt-2 out to friends.... I don't think it'll ever make it home lol
 
I love a bit of iRacing, the SR makes the racing very close but fair aswell. Also I think that SR makes you a better and faster racer. Looking forward to GRID 2, enjoyed the first one even if it was a bit arcadey. Dirt 2 is too american for me, far too much dude and not enough colin mcrae, what happened to rallying?
 
Live For Speed is outstanding, but is all simulator and no game. To fully enjoy it you'll need some friends to run with or some clear cut goals for yourself.

I've always felt the physics in Dirt were way off...I think I remember them being slightly better in the first game, but in general it feels like you have absolutely no grip on any surface that isn't tarmac (and maybe on tarmac as well >_> It's been a while since I played, don't remember clearly). Sure on rally surfaces you're going to slide a lot, but in an AWD car built for it you're going to have some grip.
 
Back