Do you have a tank?

• Thread starter Magic069
  • 18 comments
I have one. Code. But if you do I think the third mission for the guy in the park's bathroom in Staton island where you protect the army guy you can take one of the tanks he has.

Originally posted by Tazz575
I have one. Code. But if you do I think the third mission for the guy in the park's bathroom in Staton island where you protect the army guy you can take one of the tanks he has.

I tried that. You can't. Even says so in the guide.

THE ONLY "NO CHEATING" WAY OF GETTING THE TANK IS TO STEAL IT FROM THE ARMY WHEN YOU GET 6 STARS, QUITE TRICKY THOUGH, GOOD FUN ONCE YOU GET IT ! IT LASTS FOR AGES!!! :D :D :D

Originally posted by HUDSONJONES
THE ONLY "NO CHEATING" WAY OF GETTING THE TANK IS TO STEAL IT FROM THE ARMY WHEN YOU GET 6 STARS, QUITE TRICKY THOUGH, GOOD FUN ONCE YOU GET IT ! IT LASTS FOR AGES!!! :D :D :D

Unless you roll it over like me :mad:

You can take the army guy's tank after you finish 'The Exchange', the last story mission. It's harder than hell! I took the tank across to the Portland docks, and now I can get one at either place, anytime... :) Also, if you turn the turret facing backwards and keep firing it, you can go reeeeeal fast!

Originally posted by viper_maniac

I tried that. You can't. Even says so in the guide.

The guide is wrong... seen a friend do it with my own eyes... had 6 stars and ran like crazy.... jumped in and bam it was his...

he drove home, and saved that baby...

Originally posted by HUDSONJONES

No; after you beat the game you can get it from One-Armed Bandit's.

If you want to 'earn' your tank (i.e. via six stars) the best method is to run the police missions on all three islands so you have 6 stars at the hideout, and run the fire missions so you have the flamethrower.

Get police attention at your Staunton Island hideout - battle out with the cops and the FBI (helps if you have rocket lauchers and machine guns, but the flamethrower is a BIG help).

When the army arrive, flame them, and then run back down to the hideout and grab the six stars to reduce your wanted level to zero. You should be able to run back up and grab an abandoned tank.

It sounds a hell of a lot easier than it is, but it is acheivable!

Back